Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Npnt
Alias: 1110009H02Rik, AA682063, AI314031, Nctn, POEM, nephronectin, preosteoblast EGF-like repeat protein with MAM domain
- Tsukasaki M, Yamada A, Yoshimura K, Miyazono A, Yamamoto M, Takami M, et al. Nephronectin expression is regulated by SMAD signaling in osteoblast-like MC3T3-E1 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;425:390-2 pubmed publisherb>Nephronectin (Npnt) is an extracellular matrix protein known to be a ligand for the integrin ?8?1. We previously demonstrated that Npnt expression was suppressed by TGF-? through ERK1/2 and JNK in osteoblasts...
- Kahai S, Lee S, Seth A, Yang B. Nephronectin promotes osteoblast differentiation via the epidermal growth factor-like repeats. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:233-8 pubmed publisherWe found that nephronectin was significantly down-regulated by TGF-beta1...
- Uchiyama Y, Sakaguchi M, Terabayashi T, Inenaga T, Inoue S, Kobayashi C, et al. Kif26b, a kinesin family gene, regulates adhesion of the embryonic kidney mesenchyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:9240-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, Kif26b is essential for kidney development because it regulates the adhesion of mesenchymal cells in contact with ureteric buds. ..
- Tsukasaki M, Yamada A, Suzuki D, Aizawa R, Miyazono A, Miyamoto Y, et al. Expression of POEM, a positive regulator of osteoblast differentiation, is suppressed by TNF-?. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:766-70 pubmed publisherPOEM, also known as nephronectin, is an extracellular matrix protein considered to be a positive regulator of osteoblast differentiation...
- Ikehata M, Yamada A, Morimura N, Itose M, Suzawa T, Shirota T, et al. Wnt/?-catenin signaling activates nephronectin expression in osteoblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;484:231-234 pubmed publisherb>Nephronectin (Npnt), an extracellular matrix protein, is considered to play critical roles as an adhesion molecule in the development and functions of various organs and tissues, such as the kidneys and bone...
- Kurosawa T, Yamada A, Suzuki D, Morimura N, Sasagane Y, Itabe H, et al. Nephronectin Expression Is Up-Regulated by BMP-2. Biol Pharm Bull. 2016;39:1211-5 pubmed publisherb>Nephronectin (Npnt), known to be a ligand of integrin ?8?1, plays important roles in the development and function of various tissues, including those of the kidneys, liver, bones, and muscles...
- Inagaki F, Tanaka M, Inagaki N, Yagai T, Sato Y, Sekiguchi K, et al. Nephronectin is upregulated in acute and chronic hepatitis and aggravates liver injury by recruiting CD4 positive cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:751-6 pubmed publisherb>Nephronectin (Npnt) is an extracellular matrix protein known to play a critical role in kidney development; however, its physiological role in the liver remains elusive...
- Fagman H, Amendola E, Parrillo L, Zoppoli P, Marotta P, Scarfò M, et al. Gene expression profiling at early organogenesis reveals both common and diverse mechanisms in foregut patterning. Dev Biol. 2011;359:163-75 pubmed publisher..As an initial step in this direction we describe a regulatory pathway involving the anti-apoptotic gene Bcl2 that controls cell survival in early thyroid development. ..
- Kuphal S, Wallner S, Bosserhoff A. Loss of nephronectin promotes tumor progression in malignant melanoma. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:229-33 pubmed publisherb>Nephronectin (POEM) was originally identified as a factor involved in tissue morphogenesis. POEM has several characteristics of a matrix protein including an arg-gly-asp binding domain site that is recognized by integrins...
- Sato Y, Shimono C, Li S, Nakano I, Norioka N, Sugiura N, et al. Nephronectin binds to heparan sulfate proteoglycans via its MAM domain. Matrix Biol. 2013;32:188-95 pubmed publisherb>Nephronectin is a basement membrane protein comprising five N-terminal epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like repeats, a central linker segment containing an Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) motif and a C-terminal meprin-A5 protein-receptor protein tyrosine ..
- Kuek V, Yang Z, Chim S, Zhu S, Xu H, Chow S, et al. NPNT is Expressed by Osteoblasts and Mediates Angiogenesis via the Activation of Extracellular Signal-regulated Kinase. Sci Rep. 2016;6:36210 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Nephronectin (NPNT), a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) repeat superfamily proteins and a homologue of EGFL6, is ..
- Morimura N, Tezuka Y, Watanabe N, Yasuda M, Miyatani S, Hozumi N, et al. Molecular cloning of POEM: a novel adhesion molecule that interacts with alpha8beta1 integrin. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:42172-81 pubmed..A novel molecule, POEM (preosteoblast epidermal growth factor-like repeat protein with meprin, A5 protein, and receptor protein-tyrosine ..