Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Notch4
Description: notch 4
Alias: Int-3, Int3, neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 4, Notch gene homolog 4
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Notch signaling in the mammalian central nervous system: insights from mouse mutantsKeejung Yoon
Institute for Cell Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nat Neurosci 8:709-15. 2005..These mutations have provided critical insight into Notch function in the CNS and have led to the identification of promising new directions that are likely to generate important discoveries in the future...
- Notch signaling controls liver development by regulating biliary differentiationYiwei Zong
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Development 136:1727-39. 2009..These results reconcile previous conflicting reports about the role of Notch during liver development and suggest that Notch acts by coordinating biliary differentiation and morphogenesis...
- Coexpression of Cux-1 and Notch signaling pathway components during kidney developmentMadhulika Sharma
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, and the Kidney Institute, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Dev Dyn 231:828-38. 2004..Taken together, these results suggest that Cux-1 may function in the context of the Notch signaling pathway in multiple tissues during mammalian embryogenesis...
- Interaction with factor inhibiting HIF-1 defines an additional mode of cross-coupling between the Notch and hypoxia signaling pathwaysXiaofeng Zheng
Departments of Cell and Molecular Biology and Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3368-73. 2008..In conclusion, the data reveal posttranslational modification of the activated form of the Notch receptor and an intricate mode of cross-coupling between the Notch and hypoxia signaling pathways...
- Epistatic suppression of systemic lupus erythematosus: fine mapping of Sles1 to less than 1 mbSrividya Subramanian
Center for Immunology and Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Immunol 175:1062-72. 2005..Sle1 Sles1)F(1)s. These findings localize and characterize the suppressive properties of Sles1 and implicate 129 as a useful strain for aiding in the identification of this elusive epistatic modifier gene...
- Notch4/int-3, a mammary proto-oncogene, is an endothelial cell-specific mammalian Notch geneH Uyttendaele
Department of Pathology in the Center of Reproductive Sciences, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Development 122:2251-9. 1996..We propose to name this gene Notch4 and reserve the int-3 nomenclature for references to the oncogenic form...
- Notch signaling is essential for vascular morphogenesis in miceL T Krebs
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 USA
Genes Dev 14:1343-52. 2000..To assess the role of the Notch4 gene, we generated Notch4-deficient mice by gene targeting...
- Vascular patterning defects associated with expression of activated Notch4 in embryonic endotheliumH Uyttendaele
Department of Pathology and Obstetrics Gynecology, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:5643-8. 2001..the role of Notch signaling in embryonic endothelium of the mouse by expressing an activated form of the Notch4 protein in vasculature under the regulation of the Flk1 (VEGFR) locus...
- Vascular expression of Notch pathway receptors and ligands is restricted to arterial vesselsN Villa
Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1737, USA
Mech Dev 108:161-4. 2001..Surprisingly, directed expression of a constitutively active form of Notch4 within mouse endothelial cells produces a similar vascular embryonic lethality...
- Characterization of Notch receptor expression in the developing mammalian heart and liverKathleen M Loomes
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Med Genet 112:181-9. 2002..JAG1 is also expressed in cells adjacent to those expressing Notch2, suggesting a possible ligand receptor relationship. The Notch receptors have distinct roles in cell fate determination in different organ systems...
- Unique patterns of Notch1, Notch4 and Jagged1 expression in ovarian vessels during folliculogenesis and corpus luteum formationMarina A Vorontchikhina
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 5:701-9. 2005..Here, we characterize the expression patterns of Notch1, Notch4, and Jagged1 proteins during the process of folliculogenesis and corpus luteum formation in the mouse ovary, an ..
- The forkhead transcription factors, Foxc1 and Foxc2, are required for arterial specification and lymphatic sprouting during vascular developmentSeungwoon Seo
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 6300, USA
Dev Biol 294:458-70. 2006..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Foxc transcription factors are novel regulators of arterial cell specification upstream of Notch signaling and lymphatic sprouting during embryonic development...
- Notch alters VEGF responsiveness in human and murine endothelial cells by direct regulation of VEGFR-3 expressionCarrie J Shawber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3369-82. 2007..We found that Notch1 and Notch4 were expressed in normal and tumor lymphatic endothelial cells and that Notch1 was activated in lymphatic ..
- Endothelial Notch signaling is upregulated in human brain arteriovenous malformations and a mouse model of the diseasePatrick A Murphy
Pacific Vascular Research Laboratory, Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Lab Invest 89:971-82. 2009..We have previously shown that expression of constitutively-active Notch4 receptor in the endothelium elicits and maintains the hallmarks of BAVM in mice, thus establishing a mouse model ..
- The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway modulates vascular remodeling and specification by upregulating Dll4/Notch signalingMonica Corada
IFOM, The FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology Foundation, 20139 Milan, Italy
Dev Cell 18:938-49. 2010..We propose that early and sustained beta-catenin signaling prevents correct endothelial cell differentiation, altering vascular remodeling and arteriovenous specification...
- The expression of Sox17 identifies and regulates haemogenic endotheliumRaedun L Clarke
McEwen Centre for Regenerative Medicine, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
Nat Cell Biol 15:502-10. 2013..Taken together, these findings position Sox17 as a key regulator of haemogenic endothelial and haematopoietic development...
- Potential oncogene product related to growth factorsC Dickson
Nature 326:833. 1987
- Notch4 and Wnt-1 proteins function to regulate branching morphogenesis of mammary epithelial cells in an opposing fashionH Uyttendaele
Department of Pathology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Dev Biol 196:204-17. 1998..The Notch4(int-3) mammary oncoprotein, an activated form of the Notch4 receptor, inhibited the branching morphogenesis ..
- Notch as a mediator of cell fate determination in hematopoiesis: evidence and speculationL A Milner
The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Blood 93:2431-48. 1999
- Intracisternal type A particle-mediated activation of the Notch4/int3 gene in a mouse mammary tumor: generation of truncated Notch4/int3 mRNAs by retroviral splicing eventsJ S Lee
Department of Viral Oncology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Virol 73:5166-71. 1999..as a frequent target in mouse mammary tumor virus-induced mammary tumors and encodes the intracellular domain of a Notch4/int3 protein. In one spontaneous mammary tumor, no...
- Loss of Daxx, a promiscuously interacting protein, results in extensive apoptosis in early mouse developmentJ S Michaelson
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 13:1918-23. 1999..These findings argue against a role for Daxx in promoting Fas-induced cell death and suggest that Daxx either directly or indirectly suppresses apoptosis in the early embryo...
- BTL-II: a polymorphic locus with homology to the butyrophilin gene family, located at the border of the major histocompatibility complex class II and class III regions in human and mouseM Stammers
Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Cambridge, UK
Immunogenetics 51:373-82. 2000..In the light of the newly discovered locus, we revisit and discuss the possible origin of the butyrophilin gene family...
- SEL-10 is an inhibitor of notch signaling that targets notch for ubiquitin-mediated protein degradationG Wu
Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:7403-15. 2001..Expression of dominant-negative SEL-10 leads to stabilization of the intracellular domain of Notch1. The Notch4 intracellular domain bound to SEL-10, but its activity was not increased as a result of dominant-negative SEL-10 ..
- Mouse Fbw7/Sel-10/Cdc4 is required for notch degradation during vascular developmentRyosuke Tsunematsu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:9417-23. 2004..b>Notch4, which is the product of the proto-oncogene Int3 and an endothelial cell-specific mammalian isoform of Notch, ..
- RBPjkappa-dependent Notch function regulates Gata2 and is essential for the formation of intra-embryonic hematopoietic cellsAlex Robert-Moreno
Centre Oncologia Molecular, IDIBELL Institut de Recerca Oncologica, Hospitalet, Barcelona 08907, Spain
Development 132:1117-26. 2005..Taken together, these data strongly suggest that activation of Gata2 expression by Notch1/RBPjkappa is a crucial event for the onset of definitive hematopoiesis in the embryo...
- Notch 2 and Notch 1/3 segregate to neuronal and glial lineages of the developing olfactory epitheliumChristine Carson
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dev Dyn 235:1678-88. 2006..Notch 2 and Notch 1/3 may, therefore, have different roles in the commitment and differentiation of neuronal and glial lineages of the OE during development, and the maintenance of non-neuronal phenotypes postnatally...
- Endothelial Notch4 signaling induces hallmarks of brain arteriovenous malformations in micePatrick A Murphy
Pacific Vascular Research Laboratory, Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:10901-6. 2008..We turned on constitutively active Notch4 (int3) expression in endothelial cells from birth by using the tetracycline-regulatable system...
- Notch lineages and activity in intestinal stem cells determined by a new set of knock-in miceSilvia Fre
Morphogenesis and Intracellular Signaling, Institut Curie UMR144 CNRS, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e25785. 2011..This roster of knock-in and reporter mice represents a valuable resource to functionally explore the Notch pathway in vivo in virtually all tissues...
- Notch signaling represses p63 expression in the developing surface ectodermAna Mafalda Baptista Tadeu
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, Yale University, 219 Prospect Street, Box 208103, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Development 140:3777-86. 2013..Taken together, these data reveal a role for Notch signaling in the molecular control of ectodermal progenitor cell specification to the epidermal keratinocyte lineage. ..
- Jagged1 is essential for osteoblast development during maxillary ossificationCynthia R Hill
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA Electronic address
Bone 62:10-21. 2014..JAG1-Fc rescued in vitro mineralization and osteoblast gene expression changes. These data suggest that JAG1 signaling in CNC-derived MEMM cells is required for osteoblast development and differentiation during maxillary ossification. ..
- Novel Roles for Notch3 and Notch4 Receptors in Gene Expression and Susceptibility to Ozone-Induced Lung Inflammation in MiceKirsten C Verhein
Laboratory of Respiratory Biology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences NIEHS, National Institutes of Health NIH, Department of Health and Human Resources DHHS, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Environ Health Perspect 123:799-805. 2015..Mechanisms of genetic susceptibility to ozone-induced lung inflammation are not completely understood. We hypothesized that Notch3 and Notch4 are important determinants of susceptibility to ozone-induced lung inflammation.
- Characterization and developmental expression of the amphioxus homolog of Notch (AmphiNotch): evolutionary conservation of multiple expression domains in amphioxus and vertebratesL Z Holland
Marine Biology Research Division, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0202, USA
Dev Biol 232:493-507. 2001....
- Mice carrying a R142C Notch 3 knock-in mutation do not develop a CADASIL-like phenotypeJohan Lundkvist
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institute, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Genesis 41:13-22. 2005..We discuss possible reasons for the different outcomes of the same germline CADASIL mutation in mice and humans...
- Gamma-secretase activation of notch signaling regulates the balance of proximal and distal fates in progenitor cells of the developing lungPo Nien Tsao
Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 283:29532-44. 2008..Our data suggest a novel mechanism in which Notch and fibroblast growth factor signaling interact to control the proximal-distal pattern of forming airways in the mammalian lung...
- Notch1 deficiency results in decreased inflammation during wound healing and regulates vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 and inflammatory cytokine expression in macrophagesHASINA HAMILTON OUTTZ
Department of Pathology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Immunol 185:4363-73. 2010..had decreased expression of VEGFR-1 compared with macrophages from wild-type mice, whereas VEGFR-1 expression in Notch4(-/-) macrophages was normal...
- Notch signaling regulates remodeling and vessel diameter in the extraembryonic yolk sacJessica N Copeland
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Institute for Reproductive Health and Regenerative Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
BMC Dev Biol 11:12. 2011..To further understand the role of Notch signaling during endothelial differentiation and the genes regulated by this pathway, both loss-of-function and gain-of-function approaches were analyzed in vivo...
- Inhibition of Notch pathway attenuates the progression of human immunodeficiency virus-associated nephropathyMadhulika Sharma
Department of Internal Medicine, The Kidney Institute, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 304:F1127-36. 2013..Notch1 and Notch4 were upregulated in the Tg26 glomeruli, and Notch4 was also expressed in tubules...
- Cranial neural crest ablation of Jagged1 recapitulates the craniofacial phenotype of Alagille syndrome patientsRyan Humphreys
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:1374-83. 2012..Future studies will investigate the mechanism in which Jagged1 acts in a cell autonomous and cell non-autonomous manner...
- Notch controls the magnitude of T helper cell responses by promoting cellular longevityChristina Helbig
Department of Cell Biology and Histology, Academic Medical Center, 1105AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:9041-6. 2012..Our findings, therefore, show that Notch controls the magnitude of CD4(+) T-cell responses by promoting cellular longevity...
- Erg is a crucial regulator of endocardial-mesenchymal transformation during cardiac valve morphogenesisPreethi Vijayaraj
Division of Cardiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Development 139:3973-85. 2012..We show that Erg is required for the maintenance of the core EnMT regulatory factors that include Snail1 and Snail2 by binding to their promoter and intronic regions...
- Intraovarian regulation of gonadotropin-dependent folliculogenesis depends on notch receptor signaling pathways not involving Delta-like ligand 4 (Dll4)Vuk P Jovanovic
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, 622 W 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 11:43. 2013..We hypothesized that blocking Notch pathways would disrupt follicular maturation in the mouse ovary...
- Mouse mammary tumor gene int-3: a member of the notch gene family transforms mammary epithelial cellsJ Robbins
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Virol 66:2594-9. 1992..Activation of expression of a recombinant int-3 genomic DNA fragment encoding the 2.3-kb RNA species in HC11 mouse mammary epithelial cells in vitro induces anchorage-independent growth in soft agar...
- Genetic control of diabetogenesis in NOD/Lt mice. Development and analysis of congenic stocksM Prochazka
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Diabetes 38:1446-55. 1989..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- A new common integration region (int-3) for mouse mammary tumor virus on mouse chromosome 17D Gallahan
J Virol 61:218-20. 1987....
- Tumorigenesis by mouse mammary tumor virus: proviral activation of a cellular gene in the common integration region int-2C Dickson
Cell 37:529-36. 1984..Since the RNA is not detected in normal mammary tissue, we conclude that MMTV integration activates the expression of a cellular gene within int-2 and that this event may contribute to tumorigenesis...
- A novel non-mouse mammary tumor virus activation of the Int-3 gene in a spontaneous mouse mammary tumorE C Kordon
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 69:8066-9. 1995..This is the first demonstration that an insertional mutation unrelated to MMTV activates an Int gene commonly associated with mammary tumorigenesis...
- Constitutive expression of a truncated INT3 gene in mouse mammary epithelium impairs differentiation and functional developmentG H Smith
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1750, USA
Cell Growth Differ 6:563-77. 1995b>INT3 is interrupted by retroviral DNA insertion in approximately 18% of primary Czech mouse mammary tumors induced by mouse mammary tumor virus. One consequence of these insertions is the production of a 2...
- Clonal variations among multiple primary mammary tumors and within a tumor of individual mice: insertion mutations of int oncogenesN H Sarkar
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912 2400, USA
Virology 212:490-9. 1995....
- Insertional mutation of int protooncogenes in the mammary tumors of a new strain of mice derived from the wild in China: normal- and tumor-tissue-specific expression of int-3 transcriptsN H Sarkar
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912
Virology 203:52-62. 1994..4) a high percentage of the tumors (70%) had insertional mutations in int loci (Wnt-1, 26%; int-2, 13%; and int3, 43%); and (5) unlike Wnt-1 and int-2, a 5...
- Expression of a truncated Int3 gene in developing secretory mammary epithelium specifically retards lobular differentiation resulting in tumorigenesisD Gallahan
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 56:1775-85. 1996Insertional mutation of the Int3 gene, a member of the Notch gene family, is frequently associated with primary mouse mammary tumors induced by the mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV)...
- Chromosomal localization of the proteasome Z subunit gene reveals an ancient chromosomal duplication involving the major histocompatibility complexM Kasahara
Department of Biochemistry, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:9096-101. 1996..3 and 9q33-q34). These observations have implications in understanding the genomic organization of the present-day MHC and offer insights into the origin of the MHC...
- Proto-oncogene of int-3, a mouse Notch homologue, is expressed in endothelial cells during early embryogenesisY Shirayoshi
Mammalian Development Laboratory, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Japan
Genes Cells 2:213-24. 1997..However, the exact nature and the in vivo expression pattern of the int-3 proto-oncogene are unknown. The function of gene products in embryogenesis is also not clear...
- Somatic mutations that contribute to breast cancerR Callahan
Oncogenetics Section, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Soc Symp 63:211-21. 1998..Using this approach we have identified two genes, designated NOTCH4/INT3 and INT6 respectively...
- Distinct expression patterns of notch family receptors and ligands during development of the mammalian inner earA K Lewis
Department of Neuroscience, Genentech, Inc, South, San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Mech Dev 78:159-63. 1998..Their expression persists into adult. Notch2, Notch3, Notch4, and Delta1 are excluded from the inner ear epithelia...
- Notch gene expression during pancreatic organogenesisE Lammert
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Mech Dev 94:199-203. 2000..Notch 3 and Notch 4 are expressed in pancreatic mesenchyme and later in endothelial cells. Together these descriptive data comprise a framework for understanding the cellular basis for Notch function during pancreatic development...
- Basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors regulate the neuroendocrine differentiation of fetal mouse pulmonary epitheliumT Ito
Department of Pathology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Development 127:3913-21. 2000..Expression of Notch1, Notch2, Notch3 and Notch4 mRNAs in the mouse lung increased with age, and Notch1 mRNA was expressed in a Hes1-dependent manner...
- Dynamic expression patterns of the pudgy/spondylocostal dysostosis gene Dll3 in the developing nervous systemK Kusumi
Division of Developmental Neurobiology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Mech Dev 100:141-4. 2001..Transverse sections show that Dll3 is expressed in territories where commissural neurons are formed. We have also looked at neuronal patterning in the mid-hindbrain region in Dll3(pu) mutants...
- Conservation of the biochemical mechanisms of signal transduction among mammalian Notch family membersT Mizutani
Department of Medical Chemistry and Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Yoshida, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:9026-31. 2001..These results demonstrate the conserved biochemical mechanism of signal transduction among mammalian Notch family members...
- Evolutionary analysis of vertebrate Notch genesR D Kortschak
Discipline of Genetics, Department of Molecular Bioscience, Adelaide University, North Terrace, Adelaide 5005, Australia
Dev Genes Evol 211:350-4. 2001..There is also evidence that the mouse Notch4 gene is the result of a rapid divergence from a Notch3-like gene...
- Requirement of Math1 for secretory cell lineage commitment in the mouse intestineQ Yang
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Science 294:2155-8. 2001..The continuous rapid renewal of these cells makes the intestinal epithelium a model system for the study of stem cell regeneration and lineage commitment...
- Divergent vascular mechanisms downstream of Sry establish the arterial system in the XY gonadJennifer Brennan
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Dev Biol 244:418-28. 2002..This newly formed arterial system establishes a new pattern of blood flow in the XY gonad, which we speculate may have an important role in export of testosterone to masculinize the XY embryo...
- Notch1 and Jagged1 expression by the developing pulmonary vasculatureDarren B Taichman
Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dev Dyn 225:166-75. 2002..These temporal and spatial patterns in Notch1/Jagged1 gene and protein expression suggest multiple potential paths of cell-cell signaling during lung development and vascular morphogenesis...
- A mutant receptor tyrosine phosphatase, CD148, causes defects in vascular developmentTakamune Takahashi
Nephrology Division and Center for Vascular Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:1817-31. 2003..These findings implicate a member of the receptor tyrosine phosphatase family, CD148, in developmental vascular organization and provide evidence that it regulates endothelial proliferation and endothelium-pericyte interactions...
- The distribution of Notch receptors and their ligands during articular cartilage developmentA J Hayes
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, PO Box 911 Museum Avenue, Cardiff, UK
J Anat 202:495-502. 2003..Mechanisms by which these processes are controlled are discussed in light of recent advances in the understanding of Notch signalling pathways...
- Notch-associated gene expression in embryonic and adult taste papillae and taste buds suggests a role in taste cell lineage decisionsYuji Seta
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology and the Rocky Mountain Taste and Smell Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Comp Neurol 464:49-61. 2003..Similarly, Notch gene expression in adult taste buds suggests continued roles in cell lineage determination and cell turnover...
- Expression of Notch pathway genes in the embryonic mouse metanephros suggests a role in proximal tubule developmentCornelia Leimeister
Theodor Boveri Institute, Biozentrum, Physiological Chemistry I, University of Wuerzburg, Am Hubland, 97074, Wuerzburg, Germany
Gene Expr Patterns 3:595-8. 2003..Our results point to a Lfng-dependent role for Notch signalling in the development of nephron segments, especially the proximal tubules...
- Conversion of biliary system to pancreatic tissue in Hes1-deficient miceRyo Sumazaki
Department of Child Health, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Nat Genet 36:83-7. 2004..Thus, biliary epithelium has the potential for pancreatic differentiation and Hes1 determines biliary organogenesis by preventing the pancreatic differentiation program, probably by directly repressing transcription of Neurog3...
- Math1 controls cerebellar granule cell differentiation by regulating multiple components of the Notch signaling pathwayRoi Gazit
Cell and Animal Biology, The Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Development 131:903-13. 2004..However, Math1-null rhombic lip cells presented conspicuous downregulation of Notch4 and Dll1...
- Defective cardiovascular development and elevated cyclin E and Notch proteins in mice lacking the Fbw7 F-box proteinMichael T Tetzlaff
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:3338-45. 2004..These data suggest essential functions for Fbw7 in controlling cyclin E and Notch signaling pathways in the mouse...
- Cloning and functional characterization of the murine mastermind-like 1 (Maml1) geneLizi Wu
Department of Medical Oncology, Mayer 540, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Gene 328:153-65. 2004..There seems to be close correlation of the spatial and temporal expression among Maml1, Notch1 and Hes1 in the central nervous system (CNS) during early development, implicating a role for the Maml1 gene in neurogenesis...
- Developmental expression of the Notch signaling pathway genes during mouse preimplantation developmentSarah Cormier
Unite de Biologie du Developpement, Institut Pasteur, CNRS URA 2578, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Gene Expr Patterns 4:713-7. 2004..We show that Notch1, 2, Jag1-2, Dll-3, Rbpsuh and Dtx2 transcripts are expressed at all stages. Notch4 and Dll-4 mRNAs are synthesized from the 2-cell through to the hatched blastocyst stage...
- Segmental expression of Notch and Hairy genes in nephrogenesisLinghong Chen
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 630 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F939-52. 2005..These studies provide the basis for the future development of strategies to examine the role of individual effector molecules in the determination of the differentiation pattern of the nephron...
- Functional redundancy of the Notch gene family during mouse embryogenesis: analysis of Notch gene expression in Notch3-deficient miceTakeo Kitamoto
Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, Department of Bioscience, Kitasato University School of Science, 1 15 1, Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:1154-62. 2005..We also surveyed the adult tissues of Notch3-/- mice and found significantly fewer thymocytes in 10-week-old mice. Therefore, the thymus might be a target tissue affected by Notch3 deficiency...
- Notch4 intracellular domain binding to Smad3 and inhibition of the TGF-beta signalingYouping Sun
The Tumor Growth Factor Section, Mammary Biology and Tumorigenesis Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 24:5365-74. 2005We present evidence that Notch4ICD attenuates TGF-beta signaling. Cells expressing the activated form of the Notch4 receptor (ICD4) were resistant to the growth-inhibitory effects of TGF-beta...
- Jag2-Notch1 signaling regulates oral epithelial differentiation and palate developmentLiam M Casey
Center for Oral Biology and Department of Biomedical Genetics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Dev Dyn 235:1830-44. 2006....
- The role of the vascular endothelial growth factor-Delta-like 4 ligand/Notch4-ephrin B2 cascade in tumor vessel remodeling and endothelial cell functionsPatricia Hainaud
Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, INSERM U689, IFR139, Paris VII Denis Diderot, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Cancer Res 66:8501-10. 2006..In this study, we assessed the expression of DLL4, Notch4, and ephrin B2 in transgenic mice developing hepatocarcinoma characterized by a strong remodeling of the tumor ..
- Klf2 is an essential regulator of vascular hemodynamic forces in vivoJohn S Lee
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Dev Cell 11:845-57. 2006..These findings identify Klf2 as an essential hemodynamic regulator in vivo and suggest that hemodynamic regulation in response to fluid shear stress is required for cardiovascular development and function...
- Critical role of endothelial Notch1 signaling in postnatal angiogenesisKyosuke Takeshita
Vascular Medicine Research Unit, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Circ Res 100:70-8. 2007..Of the Notch receptors, only Notch1 and Notch4 are expressed in vascular endothelial cells...
- Glucocorticoid and growth factor synergism requirement for Notch4 chromatin domain activationJing Wu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:2411-22. 2007The Notch signaling pathway modulates cell fate in diverse contexts, including vascular development. Notch4 is selectively expressed in vascular endothelium and regulates vascular remodeling...
- Impaired embryonic haematopoiesis yet normal arterial development in the absence of the Notch ligand Jagged1Alex Robert-Moreno
Centre Oncologia Molecular, IDIBELL, Gran Via km 2 7 Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
EMBO J 27:1886-95. 2008..Taken together, our results indicate that Jagged1-mediated activation of Notch1 is responsible for regulating GATA2 expression in the AGM, which in turn is essential for definitive haematopoiesis in the mouse...
- Notch signaling is required for the maintenance of enteric neural crest progenitorsYoshiaki Okamura
Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI, 1111 Yata, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Development 135:3555-65. 2008....
- Mouse mammary tumor virus derived from wild mice does not target Notch-4 protooncogene for the development of mammary tumors in inbred miceNurul H Sarkar
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Virology 388:121-7. 2009..Our findings may suggest, among other possibilities, the existence of a structural difference(s) between laboratory and wild mice at the Notch-4 locus that regulates the integration of Jyg-MMTV proviral DNA...
- Constitutively active endothelial Notch4 causes lung arteriovenous shunts in miceDoug Miniati
Laboratory for Accelerated Vascular Research, Division of Vascular Surgery, San Francisco, CA 94143 0507, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 298:L169-77. 2010..Using a tetracycline-repressible system, we expressed constitutively active Notch4 (Notch4*) specifically in the endothelium of adult mice...
- Serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase 1 (SGK1) is necessary for vascular remodeling during angiogenesisCatarina Catela
EMBL Mouse Biology Unit, Campus A Buzzati Traverso, Monterotondo Scalo RM, Italy
Dev Dyn 239:2149-60. 2010..These findings uncover a novel and essential function for SGK1 in cardiovascular development contributing to a better understanding of mammalian angiogenesis...
- Notch signaling is a critical regulator of allogeneic CD4+ T-cell responses mediating graft-versus-host diseaseYi Zhang
Bone Marrow Transplantation Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Blood 117:299-308. 2011..These results identify Notch as a novel essential regulator of pathogenic CD4(+) T-cell responses during acute GVHD and suggest that Notch signaling in T cells should be investigated as a therapeutic target after allogeneic HSCT...
- Impaired angiogenesis and altered Notch signaling in mice overexpressing endothelial Egfl7Donna Nichol
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
Blood 116:6133-43. 2010..In conclusion, we have uncovered a critical role for Egfl7 in vascular development and have shown that some of these functions are mediated through modulation of Notch signaling...
- Endothelial Jarid2/Jumonji is required for normal cardiac development and proper Notch1 expressionMatthew R Mysliwiec
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 286:17193-204. 2011..The identification of Jarid2 as a potential regulator of Notch1 signaling has broad implications for many cellular processes including development, stem cell maintenance, and tumor formation...
- Trp53 regulates Notch 4 signaling through Mdm2Youping Sun
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Sci 124:1067-76. 2011....
- Loss of Gata5 in mice leads to bicuspid aortic valveBrigitte Laforest
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Invest 121:2876-87. 2011..Mice with mutated Gata5 alleles represent unique models to dissect the mechanisms underlying degenerative aortic valve disease and to develop much-needed preventive and therapeutic interventions...
- Stepwise arteriovenous fate acquisition during mammalian vasculogenesisDiana C Chong
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Dev Dyn 240:2153-65. 2011..Together, our results provide a first spatiotemporal analysis of mammalian AV cell fate establishment and anatomy, as well as a delineation of a molecular toolkit for analysis of arteries and veins during early vessel development...
- Mammary tumorigenesis in feral mice: identification of a new int locus in mouse mammary tumor virus (Czech II)-induced mammary tumorsD Gallahan
J Virol 61:66-74. 1987..This region of the cellular genome was designated int-3 since it is unrelated to the int-1 and int-2 loci. The int-3 locus does not appear to correspond to other proto-oncogenes but is well conserved among mammalian species...
- The chromosomal location of the mouse mammary tumor gene Int6 and related pseudogenes in the mouse genomeS Miyazaki
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genomics 27:420-4. 1995....
- Genetic contributions of nonautoimmune SWR mice toward lupus nephritisS Xie
Simmon s Arthritis Research Center and Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Immunol 167:7141-9. 2001..In conclusion, lupus in the SNF(1) strain is truly polygenic, with at least four dominant contributions from the SWR strain. The immunological functions and molecular identities of these loci await elucidation...
- Expression of Notch pathway components in fetal and adult mouse small intestineNatalia Schröder
Institut für Molekularbiologie OE5250, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neubergstrasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Gene Expr Patterns 2:247-50. 2002....
- Molecular cloning, chromosomal mapping, and characteristic expression in tooth organ of rat and mouse Krox-25Suk Keun Lee
Department of Oral Pathology, College of Dentistry, Kangnung National University, Kangnung 210 702, South Korea
Genomics 83:243-53. 2004..These results suggest that Krox-25 plays an important role as a transcription factor for the cytodifferentiation and amelogenesis of enamel epithelium...
- Endothelial expression of constitutively active Notch4 elicits reversible arteriovenous malformations in adult miceTimothy R Carlson
Pacific Vascular Research Laboratory, Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery and Department of Anatomy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:9884-9. 2005..We expressed a constitutively active Notch4, int3, in the adult mouse endothelium by using the tetracycline-repressible system to suppress int3 during ..
- Notch1 signals through Jagged2 to regulate apoptosis in the apical ectodermal ridge of the developing limb budJeffrey C Francis
Division of Developmental Biology, National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, UK
Dev Dyn 234:1006-15. 2005..Regulation of the extent of the AER is achieved by Notch signalling positively regulating apoptosis in the AER. We also demonstrate that Notch1 is not required for proper formation of all the derivatives of the limb mesenchyme...
- Analysis of expansion of myeloid progenitors in mice to identify leukemic susceptibility genesVincent E Sollars
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, 233 South 10th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Mamm Genome 17:808-21. 2006..Given the importance of this cell compartment in leukemia progression and the soon to be released genomic sequence of 15 mouse strains, these differences may provide a valuable tool for research into leukemia...
- Peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-binding protein (PBP) is essential for the growth of active Notch4-immortalized mammary epithelial cells by activating SOX10 expressionYiwei Tony Zhu
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, U S A
Biochem J 425:435-44. 2009..We established a mammary epithelial cell line with a genotype of PBPLoxP/LoxP by expressing an active form of Notch4. Null mutation of PBP caused severe growth inhibition of the Notch4-immortalized mammary cells...
- Coronary arteries form by developmental reprogramming of venous cellsKristy Red-Horse
Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford, California 94305 5307, USA
Nature 464:549-53. 2010..Understanding this new reprogramming process and identifying the endogenous signals should suggest more natural ways of engineering coronary bypass grafts and revascularizing the heart...
- Recombination in the class III region of the mouse major histocompatibility complexM Yoshino
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Japan
Immunogenetics 40:280-6. 1994..11 DNA markers; these included Tnx, the gene for an extracellular matrix protein, tenascin X, the Notch-related Int3 gene, and a microsatellite marker, D17Mit13, none of which had previously been mapped precisely...
- Phenotypic screen in mouse embryonic for TGF-beta signaling mutationsJAY VIVIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cell-based mutation screening strategies as developed in this proposal can be applied to any active biochemical pathway in mouse ES cells, to generate mouse lines for analysis in vivo. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..