Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Notch4
Description: notch 4
Alias: Int-3, Int3, neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 4, Notch gene homolog 4
- Loomes K, Taichman D, Glover C, Williams P, Markowitz J, Piccoli D, et al. Characterization of Notch receptor expression in the developing mammalian heart and liver. Am J Med Genet. 2002;112:181-9 pubmed..JAG1 is also expressed in cells adjacent to those expressing Notch2, suggesting a possible ligand receptor relationship. The Notch receptors have distinct roles in cell fate determination in different organ systems. ..
- Seo S, Fujita H, Nakano A, Kang M, Duarte A, Kume T. The forkhead transcription factors, Foxc1 and Foxc2, are required for arterial specification and lymphatic sprouting during vascular development. Dev Biol. 2006;294:458-70 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Foxc transcription factors are novel regulators of arterial cell specification upstream of Notch signaling and lymphatic sprouting during embryonic development. ..
- Robert Moreno A, Guiu J, Ruiz Herguido C, López M, Inglés Esteve J, Riera L, et al. Impaired embryonic haematopoiesis yet normal arterial development in the absence of the Notch ligand Jagged1. EMBO J. 2008;27:1886-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Jagged1-mediated activation of Notch1 is responsible for regulating GATA2 expression in the AGM, which in turn is essential for definitive haematopoiesis in the mouse. ..
- Gallahan D, Jhappan C, Robinson G, Hennighausen L, Sharp R, Kordon E, et al. Expression of a truncated Int3 gene in developing secretory mammary epithelium specifically retards lobular differentiation resulting in tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 1996;56:1775-85 pubmedInsertional mutation of the Int3 gene, a member of the Notch gene family, is frequently associated with primary mouse mammary tumors induced by the mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV)...
- Robert Moreno A, Espinosa L, de la Pompa J, Bigas A. RBPjkappa-dependent Notch function regulates Gata2 and is essential for the formation of intra-embryonic hematopoietic cells. Development. 2005;132:1117-26 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly suggest that activation of Gata2 expression by Notch1/RBPjkappa is a crucial event for the onset of definitive hematopoiesis in the embryo. ..
- Yamamoto N, Chang W, Kelley M. Rbpj regulates development of prosensory cells in the mammalian inner ear. Dev Biol. 2011;353:367-79 pubmed publisher..These results suggest important roles for Rbpj and notch signaling in multiple aspects of inner ear development including prosensory cell maturation, cellular differentiation and survival. ..
- Michaelson J, Bader D, Kuo F, Kozak C, Leder P. Loss of Daxx, a promiscuously interacting protein, results in extensive apoptosis in early mouse development. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1918-23 pubmed..These findings argue against a role for Daxx in promoting Fas-induced cell death and suggest that Daxx either directly or indirectly suppresses apoptosis in the early embryo. ..
- Seta Y, Seta C, Barlow L. Notch-associated gene expression in embryonic and adult taste papillae and taste buds suggests a role in taste cell lineage decisions. J Comp Neurol. 2003;464:49-61 pubmed..Similarly, Notch gene expression in adult taste buds suggests continued roles in cell lineage determination and cell turnover. ..
- Qu S, Lin J, Zhang J, Song L, Yang X, Wu C. Notch signaling pathway regulates the growth and the expression of inflammatory cytokines in mouse basophils. Cell Immunol. 2017;318:29-34 pubmed publisher..Finally, IL-6 inhibition was specifically associated with ERK and IL-13 with JNK. Therefore, Notch signaling regulates BA biological function, at least partially via the modulation of MAPK. ..
- Hill C, Yuasa M, Schoenecker J, Goudy S. Jagged1 is essential for osteoblast development during maxillary ossification. Bone. 2014;62:10-21 pubmed publisher..JAG1-Fc rescued in vitro mineralization and osteoblast gene expression changes. These data suggest that JAG1 signaling in CNC-derived MEMM cells is required for osteoblast development and differentiation during maxillary ossification. ..
- Prochazka M, Serreze D, Worthen S, Leiter E. Genetic control of diabetogenesis in NOD/Lt mice. Development and analysis of congenic stocks. Diabetes. 1989;38:1446-55 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Copeland J, Feng Y, Neradugomma N, Fields P, Vivian J. Notch signaling regulates remodeling and vessel diameter in the extraembryonic yolk sac. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:12 pubmed publisher..We propose a role for Notch signaling in elaborating the microenvironment of the nascent arteriole, suggesting novel regulatory connections between Notch signaling and other signaling pathways during endothelial differentiation. ..
- Sarkar N, Haga S, Lehner A, Zhao W, Imai S, Moriwaki K. Insertional mutation of int protooncogenes in the mammary tumors of a new strain of mice derived from the wild in China: normal- and tumor-tissue-specific expression of int-3 transcripts. Virology. 1994;203:52-62 pubmed..4) a high percentage of the tumors (70%) had insertional mutations in int loci (Wnt-1, 26%; int-2, 13%; and int3, 43%); and (5) unlike Wnt-1 and int-2, a 5...
- OUTTZ H, Wu J, Wang X, Kitajewski J. Notch1 deficiency results in decreased inflammation during wound healing and regulates vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 and inflammatory cytokine expression in macrophages. J Immunol. 2010;185:4363-73 pubmed publisher..had decreased expression of VEGFR-1 compared with macrophages from wild-type mice, whereas VEGFR-1 expression in Notch4(-/-) macrophages was normal...
- Tadeu A, Horsley V. Notch signaling represses p63 expression in the developing surface ectoderm. Development. 2013;140:3777-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data reveal a role for Notch signaling in the molecular control of ectodermal progenitor cell specification to the epidermal keratinocyte lineage. ..
- Red Horse K, Ueno H, Weissman I, Krasnow M. Coronary arteries form by developmental reprogramming of venous cells. Nature. 2010;464:549-53 pubmed publisher..Understanding this new reprogramming process and identifying the endogenous signals should suggest more natural ways of engineering coronary bypass grafts and revascularizing the heart. ..
- Gallahan D, Kozak C, Callahan R. A new common integration region (int-3) for mouse mammary tumor virus on mouse chromosome 17. J Virol. 1987;61:218-20 pubmed
- Liu M, Liang K, Zhen J, Zhou M, Wang X, Wang Z, et al. Sirt6 deficiency exacerbates podocyte injury and proteinuria through targeting Notch signaling. Nat Commun. 2017;8:413 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, Sirt6 inhibits Notch1 and Notch4 transcription by deacetylating histone H3K9...
- Smart N, Dubé K, Riley P. Identification of Thymosin ?4 as an effector of Hand1-mediated vascular development. Nat Commun. 2010;1:46 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify an in vivo downstream target of Hand1 and reveal impaired yolk sac vasculogenesis as a primary cause of early embryonic lethality following loss of this critical bHLH factor. ..
- Callahan R. Somatic mutations that contribute to breast cancer. Biochem Soc Symp. 1998;63:211-21 pubmed..Using this approach we have identified two genes, designated NOTCH4/INT3 and INT6 respectively...
- Dickson C, Peters G. Potential oncogene product related to growth factors. Nature. 1987;326:833 pubmed
- Subramanian S, Yim Y, Liu K, Tus K, Zhou X, Wakeland E. Epistatic suppression of systemic lupus erythematosus: fine mapping of Sles1 to less than 1 mb. J Immunol. 2005;175:1062-72 pubmed..Sle1 Sles1)F(1)s. These findings localize and characterize the suppressive properties of Sles1 and implicate 129 as a useful strain for aiding in the identification of this elusive epistatic modifier gene. ..
- Sumazaki R, Shiojiri N, Isoyama S, Masu M, Keino Masu K, Osawa M, et al. Conversion of biliary system to pancreatic tissue in Hes1-deficient mice. Nat Genet. 2004;36:83-7 pubmed..Thus, biliary epithelium has the potential for pancreatic differentiation and Hes1 determines biliary organogenesis by preventing the pancreatic differentiation program, probably by directly repressing transcription of Neurog3. ..
- Yoshino M, Sagai T, Lindahl K, Toyoda Y, Shirayoshi Y, Matsumoto K, et al. Recombination in the class III region of the mouse major histocompatibility complex. Immunogenetics. 1994;40:280-6 pubmed..11 DNA markers; these included Tnx, the gene for an extracellular matrix protein, tenascin X, the Notch-related Int3 gene, and a microsatellite marker, D17Mit13, none of which had previously been mapped precisely...
- Zheng X, Linke S, Dias J, Zheng X, Gradin K, Wallis T, et al. Interaction with factor inhibiting HIF-1 defines an additional mode of cross-coupling between the Notch and hypoxia signaling pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3368-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the data reveal posttranslational modification of the activated form of the Notch receptor and an intricate mode of cross-coupling between the Notch and hypoxia signaling pathways. ..
- Laforest B, Andelfinger G, Nemer M. Loss of Gata5 in mice leads to bicuspid aortic valve. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2876-87 pubmed publisher..Mice with mutated Gata5 alleles represent unique models to dissect the mechanisms underlying degenerative aortic valve disease and to develop much-needed preventive and therapeutic interventions. ..
- Murphy P, Lam M, Wu X, Kim T, Vartanian S, Bollen A, et al. Endothelial Notch4 signaling induces hallmarks of brain arteriovenous malformations in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10901-6 pubmed publisher..We turned on constitutively active Notch4 (int3) expression in endothelial cells from birth by using the tetracycline-regulatable system...
- Haston C, Tomko T, Godin N, Kerckhoff L, Hallett M. Murine candidate bleomycin induced pulmonary fibrosis susceptibility genes identified by gene expression and sequence analysis of linkage regions. J Med Genet. 2005;42:464-73 pubmed..Combining genomics approaches of differential gene expression and sequence variation potentially identifies approximately 5% the linked genes as fibrosis susceptibility candidate genes in this mouse cross. ..
- Sun Y, Lowther W, Kato K, Bianco C, Kenney N, Strizzi L, et al. Notch4 intracellular domain binding to Smad3 and inhibition of the TGF-beta signaling. Oncogene. 2005;24:5365-74 pubmedWe present evidence that Notch4ICD attenuates TGF-beta signaling. Cells expressing the activated form of the Notch4 receptor (ICD4) were resistant to the growth-inhibitory effects of TGF-beta...
- Sarkar N. Clonal variations among multiple primary mammary tumors and within a tumor of individual mice: insertion mutations of int oncogenes. Virology. 1995;212:490-9 pubmed
- Kasahara M, Hayashi M, Tanaka K, Inoko H, Sugaya K, Ikemura T, et al. Chromosomal localization of the proteasome Z subunit gene reveals an ancient chromosomal duplication involving the major histocompatibility complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:9096-101 pubmed..3 and 9q33-q34). These observations have implications in understanding the genomic organization of the present-day MHC and offer insights into the origin of the MHC. ..
- Wu J, Bresnick E. Glucocorticoid and growth factor synergism requirement for Notch4 chromatin domain activation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2411-22 pubmedThe Notch signaling pathway modulates cell fate in diverse contexts, including vascular development. Notch4 is selectively expressed in vascular endothelium and regulates vascular remodeling...
- Lee J, Haruna T, Ishimoto A, Honjo T, Yanagawa S. Intracisternal type A particle-mediated activation of the Notch4/int3 gene in a mouse mammary tumor: generation of truncated Notch4/int3 mRNAs by retroviral splicing events. J Virol. 1999;73:5166-71 pubmed..as a frequent target in mouse mammary tumor virus-induced mammary tumors and encodes the intracellular domain of a Notch4/int3 protein. In one spontaneous mammary tumor, no...
- Lewis A, Frantz G, Carpenter D, de Sauvage F, Gao W. Distinct expression patterns of notch family receptors and ligands during development of the mammalian inner ear. Mech Dev. 1998;78:159-63 pubmed..Their expression persists into adult. Notch2, Notch3, Notch4, and Delta1 are excluded from the inner ear epithelia...
- Kato H, Sakai T, Tamura K, Minoguchi S, Shirayoshi Y, Hamada Y, et al. Functional conservation of mouse Notch receptor family members. FEBS Lett. 1996;395:221-4 pubmed..mNotch2, mNotch3 and int3 (= mNotch4) were shown to interact with RBP-Jkappa by the GST-fusion pull down assay and dominant negative ..
- Ortica S, Tarantino N, Aulner N, Israel A, Gupta Rossi N. The 4 Notch receptors play distinct and antagonistic roles in the proliferation and hepatocytic differentiation of liver progenitors. FASEB J. 2014;28:603-14 pubmed publisher..This assay demonstrates that proliferation of BMEL cells requires Notch2 and Notch4 activity, resulting in significant down-regulation of p27(Kip1) and p57(Kip2) cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors...
- Kusumi K, Dunwoodie S, Krumlauf R. Dynamic expression patterns of the pudgy/spondylocostal dysostosis gene Dll3 in the developing nervous system. Mech Dev. 2001;100:141-4 pubmed..Transverse sections show that Dll3 is expressed in territories where commissural neurons are formed. We have also looked at neuronal patterning in the mid-hindbrain region in Dll3(pu) mutants. ..
- Milner L, Bigas A. Notch as a mediator of cell fate determination in hematopoiesis: evidence and speculation. Blood. 1999;93:2431-48 pubmed
- High F, Zhang M, Proweller A, Tu L, Parmacek M, Pear W, et al. An essential role for Notch in neural crest during cardiovascular development and smooth muscle differentiation. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:353-63 pubmed..These results provide a molecular and cellular framework for understanding the role of Notch signaling in the etiology of congenital heart disease. ..
- Sugaya K, Fukagawa T, Matsumoto K, Mita K, Takahashi E, Ando A, et al. Three genes in the human MHC class III region near the junction with the class II: gene for receptor of advanced glycosylation end products, PBX2 homeobox gene and a notch homolog, human counterpart of mouse mammary tumor gene int-3. Genomics. 1994;23:408-19 pubmed..It thus corresponds to the intact form of a Notch-type transmembrane protein. About 20 kb of dense Alu clustering was found just centromeric to the NOTCH3. ..
- Jovanovic V, Sauer C, Shawber C, Gomez R, Wang X, Sauer M, et al. Intraovarian regulation of gonadotropin-dependent folliculogenesis depends on notch receptor signaling pathways not involving Delta-like ligand 4 (Dll4). Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2013;11:43 pubmed publisher..was evaluated with hematoxylin/eosin staining and immunohistochemistry was performed for Notch1, Notch2, Notch3, Notch4, Jagged1, Dll4, platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule (PECAM) and alpha-smooth muscle actin (?-SMA) ..
- Morrison S, Qian D, Jerabek L, Thiel B, Park I, Ford P, et al. A genetic determinant that specifically regulates the frequency of hematopoietic stem cells. J Immunol. 2002;168:635-42 pubmed..This suggests that to affect HSC frequencies, the product(s) of this locus likely depend on interactions with unlinked modifying loci. ..
- Leimeister C, Schumacher N, Gessler M. Expression of Notch pathway genes in the embryonic mouse metanephros suggests a role in proximal tubule development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:595-8 pubmed..Our results point to a Lfng-dependent role for Notch signalling in the development of nephron segments, especially the proximal tubules. ..
- Sharma M, Fopma A, Brantley J, Vanden Heuvel G. Coexpression of Cux-1 and Notch signaling pathway components during kidney development. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:828-38 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Cux-1 may function in the context of the Notch signaling pathway in multiple tissues during mammalian embryogenesis...
- Tsunematsu R, Nakayama K, Oike Y, Nishiyama M, Ishida N, Hatakeyama S, et al. Mouse Fbw7/Sel-10/Cdc4 is required for notch degradation during vascular development. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9417-23 pubmed..b>Notch4, which is the product of the proto-oncogene Int3 and an endothelial cell-specific mammalian isoform of Notch, ..
- Gallahan D, Callahan R. Mammary tumorigenesis in feral mice: identification of a new int locus in mouse mammary tumor virus (Czech II)-induced mammary tumors. J Virol. 1987;61:66-74 pubmed..This region of the cellular genome was designated int-3 since it is unrelated to the int-1 and int-2 loci. The int-3 locus does not appear to correspond to other proto-oncogenes but is well conserved among mammalian species. ..
- Sharma M, Magenheimer L, Home T, Tamano K, Singhal P, Hyink D, et al. Inhibition of Notch pathway attenuates the progression of human immunodeficiency virus-associated nephropathy. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;304:F1127-36 pubmed publisher..Notch1 and Notch4 were upregulated in the Tg26 glomeruli, and Notch4 was also expressed in tubules...
- Johnston S, Rauskolb C, Wilson R, Prabhakaran B, Irvine K, Vogt T. A family of mammalian Fringe genes implicated in boundary determination and the Notch pathway. Development. 1997;124:2245-54 pubmed..When misexpressed in the developing Drosophila wing imaginal disc the mouse Fringe genes exhibit conserved and differential effects on boundary determination. ..
- Ito T, Udaka N, Yazawa T, Okudela K, Hayashi H, Sudo T, et al. Basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors regulate the neuroendocrine differentiation of fetal mouse pulmonary epithelium. Development. 2000;127:3913-21 pubmed..Expression of Notch1, Notch2, Notch3 and Notch4 mRNAs in the mouse lung increased with age, and Notch1 mRNA was expressed in a Hes1-dependent manner...
- Tsao P, Chen F, Izvolsky K, Walker J, Kukuruzinska M, LU J, et al. Gamma-secretase activation of notch signaling regulates the balance of proximal and distal fates in progenitor cells of the developing lung. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29532-44 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a novel mechanism in which Notch and fibroblast growth factor signaling interact to control the proximal-distal pattern of forming airways in the mammalian lung. ..
- Verhein K, McCaw Z, Gladwell W, Trivedi S, Bushel P, Kleeberger S. Novel Roles for Notch3 and Notch4 Receptors in Gene Expression and Susceptibility to Ozone-Induced Lung Inflammation in Mice. Environ Health Perspect. 2015;123:799-805 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that Notch3 and Notch4 are important determinants of susceptibility to ozone-induced lung inflammation...
- Skokos D, Nussenzweig M. CD8- DCs induce IL-12-independent Th1 differentiation through Delta 4 Notch-like ligand in response to bacterial LPS. J Exp Med. 2007;204:1525-31 pubmed..Thus, activation of the two DC subsets by TLR4 leads to Th1 responses by two distinct MyD88-dependent pathways. ..
- Murphy P, Kim T, Lu G, Bollen A, Schaffer C, Wang R. Notch4 normalization reduces blood vessel size in arteriovenous malformations. Sci Transl Med. 2012;4:117ra8 pubmed publisher..up-regulation of Notch signaling in endothelial cells (ECs) through transgenic expression of constitutively active Notch4 (Notch4*)...
- Hainaud P, Contreres J, Villemain A, Liu L, Plouet J, Tobelem G, et al. The role of the vascular endothelial growth factor-Delta-like 4 ligand/Notch4-ephrin B2 cascade in tumor vessel remodeling and endothelial cell functions. Cancer Res. 2006;66:8501-10 pubmed..In this study, we assessed the expression of DLL4, Notch4, and ephrin B2 in transgenic mice developing hepatocarcinoma characterized by a strong remodeling of the tumor ..
- Kitamoto T, Takahashi K, Takimoto H, Tomizuka K, Hayasaka M, Tabira T, et al. Functional redundancy of the Notch gene family during mouse embryogenesis: analysis of Notch gene expression in Notch3-deficient mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:1154-62 pubmed..We also surveyed the adult tissues of Notch3-/- mice and found significantly fewer thymocytes in 10-week-old mice. Therefore, the thymus might be a target tissue affected by Notch3 deficiency. ..
- Gazit R, Krizhanovsky V, Ben Arie N. Math1 controls cerebellar granule cell differentiation by regulating multiple components of the Notch signaling pathway. Development. 2004;131:903-13 pubmed..However, Math1-null rhombic lip cells presented conspicuous downregulation of Notch4 and Dll1...
- Takeshita K, Satoh M, Ii M, Silver M, Limbourg F, Mukai Y, et al. Critical role of endothelial Notch1 signaling in postnatal angiogenesis. Circ Res. 2007;100:70-8 pubmed..Of the Notch receptors, only Notch1 and Notch4 are expressed in vascular endothelial cells...
- Favier B, Fliniaux I, Thelu J, Viallet J, Demarchez M, Jahoda C, et al. Localisation of members of the notch system and the differentiation of vibrissa hair follicles: receptors, ligands, and fringe modulators. Dev Dyn. 2000;218:426-37 pubmed..During the hair vibrissa cycle, Notch1 and Manic Fringe display temporal and spatial changes of expression, suggesting that they may intervene as modulators of trichocyte activities. ..
- Noseda M, McLean G, Niessen K, Chang L, Pollet I, Montpetit R, et al. Notch activation results in phenotypic and functional changes consistent with endothelial-to-mesenchymal transformation. Circ Res. 2004;94:910-7 pubmed..Jagged1 stimulation of endothelial cells induces a similar mesenchymal transformation, and Jagged1, Notch1, and Notch4 are expressed in the ventricular outflow tract during stages of endocardial cushion formation...
- Bruno R, Boulanger C, Smith G. Notch-induced mammary tumorigenesis does not involve the lobule-limited epithelial progenitor. Oncogene. 2012;31:60-7 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrate that an epithelial population distinct from PI-MECs is transformed during WAP-Int3 tumorigenesis...
- Lee J, Yu Q, Shin J, Sebzda E, Bertozzi C, Chen M, et al. Klf2 is an essential regulator of vascular hemodynamic forces in vivo. Dev Cell. 2006;11:845-57 pubmed..These findings identify Klf2 as an essential hemodynamic regulator in vivo and suggest that hemodynamic regulation in response to fluid shear stress is required for cardiovascular development and function. ..
- Alabi R, Glomski K, Haxaire C, Weskamp G, Monette S, Blobel C. ADAM10-Dependent Signaling Through Notch1 and Notch4 Controls Development of Organ-Specific Vascular Beds. Circ Res. 2016;119:519-31 pubmed publisher..lacking endothelial Notch1 (Notch1?EC) share some organ-specific vascular defects with Adam10?EC mice, whereas Notch4(-/-) mice lacking endothelial Notch1 (Notch1?EC/Notch4(-/-)) had defects in all vascular beds affected in Adam10?..
- Carlson T, Yan Y, Wu X, Lam M, Tang G, Beverly L, et al. Endothelial expression of constitutively active Notch4 elicits reversible arteriovenous malformations in adult mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9884-9 pubmed..We expressed a constitutively active Notch4, int3, in the adult mouse endothelium by using the tetracycline-repressible system to suppress int3 during ..
- Minoguchi S, Taniguchi Y, Kato H, Okazaki T, Strobl L, Zimber Strobl U, et al. RBP-L, a transcription factor related to RBP-Jkappa. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2679-87 pubmed..This is again in contrast to physical association of RBP-J with EBNA-2. Several models to explain functional interaction between RBP-L and EBNA-2 are discussed. ..
- Bicker F, Vasic V, Horta G, Ortega F, Nolte H, Kavyanifar A, et al. Neurovascular EGFL7 regulates adult neurogenesis in the subventricular zone and thereby affects olfactory perception. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15922 pubmed publisher..Consequently, EGFL7-knockout mice display severe physiological defects in olfactory behaviour and perception. ..
- Dickson C, Smith R, Brookes S, Peters G. Tumorigenesis by mouse mammary tumor virus: proviral activation of a cellular gene in the common integration region int-2. Cell. 1984;37:529-36 pubmed..Since the RNA is not detected in normal mammary tissue, we conclude that MMTV integration activates the expression of a cellular gene within int-2 and that this event may contribute to tumorigenesis. ..
- Corada M, Orsenigo F, Morini M, Pitulescu M, Bhat G, Nyqvist D, et al. Sox17 is indispensable for acquisition and maintenance of arterial identity. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2609 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, Sox17 acts upstream of the Notch system and downstream of the canonical Wnt system. These data introduce Sox17 as a component of the complex signalling network that orchestrates arterial/venous specification. ..
- Wu G, Lyapina S, Das I, Li J, Gurney M, Pauley A, et al. SEL-10 is an inhibitor of notch signaling that targets notch for ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7403-15 pubmed..Expression of dominant-negative SEL-10 leads to stabilization of the intracellular domain of Notch1. The Notch4 intracellular domain bound to SEL-10, but its activity was not increased as a result of dominant-negative SEL-10 ..
- Hayes A, Dowthwaite G, Webster S, Archer C. The distribution of Notch receptors and their ligands during articular cartilage development. J Anat. 2003;202:495-502 pubmed..Mechanisms by which these processes are controlled are discussed in light of recent advances in the understanding of Notch signalling pathways. ..
- Chen L, Al Awqati Q. Segmental expression of Notch and Hairy genes in nephrogenesis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;288:F939-52 pubmed..These studies provide the basis for the future development of strategies to examine the role of individual effector molecules in the determination of the differentiation pattern of the nephron. ..
- Van Den Akker N, Caolo V, Wisse L, Peters P, Poelmann R, Carmeliet P, et al. Developmental coronary maturation is disturbed by aberrant cardiac vascular endothelial growth factor expression and Notch signalling. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;78:366-75 pubmed..This knowledge can contribute to optimizing therapies targeting VEGF signalling by enabling balancing between angiogenesis and vascular maturation. ..
- Smith G, Gallahan D, Diella F, Jhappan C, Merlino G, Callahan R. Constitutive expression of a truncated INT3 gene in mouse mammary epithelium impairs differentiation and functional development. Cell Growth Differ. 1995;6:563-77 pubmedb>INT3 is interrupted by retroviral DNA insertion in approximately 18% of primary Czech mouse mammary tumors induced by mouse mammary tumor virus. One consequence of these insertions is the production of a 2...
- Kortschak R, Tamme R, Lardelli M. Evolutionary analysis of vertebrate Notch genes. Dev Genes Evol. 2001;211:350-4 pubmed..There is also evidence that the mouse Notch4 gene is the result of a rapid divergence from a Notch3-like gene...
- Vijayaraj P, Le Bras A, Mitchell N, Kondo M, Juliao S, Wasserman M, et al. Erg is a crucial regulator of endocardial-mesenchymal transformation during cardiac valve morphogenesis. Development. 2012;139:3973-85 pubmed publisher..We show that Erg is required for the maintenance of the core EnMT regulatory factors that include Snail1 and Snail2 by binding to their promoter and intronic regions. ..
- Taichman D, Loomes K, Schachtner S, Guttentag S, Vu C, Williams P, et al. Notch1 and Jagged1 expression by the developing pulmonary vasculature. Dev Dyn. 2002;225:166-75 pubmed..These temporal and spatial patterns in Notch1/Jagged1 gene and protein expression suggest multiple potential paths of cell-cell signaling during lung development and vascular morphogenesis. ..
- Yang Q, Bermingham N, Finegold M, Zoghbi H. Requirement of Math1 for secretory cell lineage commitment in the mouse intestine. Science. 2001;294:2155-8 pubmed..The continuous rapid renewal of these cells makes the intestinal epithelium a model system for the study of stem cell regeneration and lineage commitment...