Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Notch3
Description: notch 3
Alias: AW229011, hpbk, neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 3, Notch gene homolog 3
- Pan Y, Lin M, Tian X, Cheng H, Gridley T, Shen J, et al. gamma-secretase functions through Notch signaling to maintain skin appendages but is not required for their patterning or initial morphogenesis. Dev Cell. 2004;7:731-43 pubmed
- Jin S, Hansson E, Tikka S, Lanner F, Sahlgren C, Farnebo F, et al. Notch signaling regulates platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta expression in vascular smooth muscle cells. Circ Res. 2008;102:1483-91 pubmed publisherNotch signaling is critically important for proper architecture of the vascular system, and mutations in NOTCH3 are associated with CADASIL, a stroke and dementia syndrome with vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) dysfunction...
- Prakash N, Hansson E, Betsholtz C, Mitsiadis T, Lendahl U. Mouse Notch 3 expression in the pre- and postnatal brain: relationship to the stroke and dementia syndrome CADASIL. Exp Cell Res. 2002;278:31-44 pubmed..These data show that Notch 3 expression is conserved between mouse and human and suggest that the mouse is a valid system for analysis of CADASIL. ..
- Dirami G, Ravindranath N, Achi M, Dym M. Expression of Notch pathway components in spermatogonia and Sertoli cells of neonatal mice. J Androl. 2001;22:944-52 pubmed..Key words: Cell fate, delta, jagged, presenilin, spermatogenesis. ..
- Belin de Chantemèle E, Retailleau K, Pinaud F, Vessieres E, Bocquet A, Guihot A, et al. Notch3 is a major regulator of vascular tone in cerebral and tail resistance arteries. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:2216-24 pubmed publisherb>Notch3, a member of the evolutionary conserved Notch receptor family, is primarily expressed in vascular smooth muscle cells...
- Lardelli M, Williams R, Mitsiadis T, Lendahl U. Expression of the Notch 3 intracellular domain in mouse central nervous system progenitor cells is lethal and leads to disturbed neural tube development. Mech Dev. 1996;59:177-90 pubmed
- Li Y, Takeshita K, Liu P, Satoh M, Oyama N, Mukai Y, et al. Smooth muscle Notch1 mediates neointimal formation after vascular injury. Circulation. 2009;119:2686-92 pubmed publisher..general Notch1 heterozygous deficient (N1+/-), SMC-specific Notch1 heterozygous deficient (smN1+/-), and general Notch3 homozygous deficient (N3-/-) mice...
- Xu K, Nieuwenhuis E, Cohen B, Wang W, Canty A, Danska J, et al. Lunatic Fringe-mediated Notch signaling is required for lung alveogenesis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010;298:L45-56 pubmed publisher..A similar defect was observed in Notch2(beta-geo/+)Notch3(beta-geo/beta-geo) compound mutant mice but not in Notch2(beta-geo/+) or Notch3(beta-geo/beta-geo) single mutants...
- Domenga V, Fardoux P, Lacombe P, Monet M, Maciazek J, Krebs L, et al. Notch3 is required for arterial identity and maturation of vascular smooth muscle cells. Genes Dev. 2004;18:2730-5 pubmedFormation of a fully functional artery proceeds through a multistep process. Here we show that Notch3 is required to generate functional arteries in mice by regulating arterial differentiation and maturation of vascular smooth muscle ..
- Blanpain C, Lowry W, Pasolli H, Fuchs E. Canonical notch signaling functions as a commitment switch in the epidermal lineage. Genes Dev. 2006;20:3022-35 pubmed
- Kent S, Hutchinson J, Balboni A, DeCastro A, Cherukuri P, DiRenzo J. ?Np63? promotes cellular quiescence via induction and activation of Notch3. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:3111-8 pubmed..Additionally, ?Np63? and other quiescence-inducing stimuli enhanced expression of Notch3 in HC11s and breast cancer cell lines, and ectopic expression of the Notch3 intracellular domain (N3 (ICD) ) was ..
- Boulos N, Helle F, Dussaule J, Placier S, Milliez P, Djudjaj S, et al. Notch3 is essential for regulation of the renal vascular tone. Hypertension. 2011;57:1176-82 pubmed publisherThe Notch3 receptor participates in the development and maturation of vessels. Mutations of Notch3 in humans are associated with defective regulation of cerebral blood flow...
- Kitamoto T, Hanaoka K. Notch3 null mutation in mice causes muscle hyperplasia by repetitive muscle regeneration. Stem Cells. 2010;28:2205-16 pubmed publisher..role in muscle regeneration through promoting proliferation and self-renewal of satellite cells, the function of Notch3 is yet to be elucidated. We analyzed muscle regeneration in Notch3-deficient mutant mice...
- Demehri S, Liu Z, Lee J, Lin M, Crosby S, Roberts C, et al. Notch-deficient skin induces a lethal systemic B-lymphoproliferative disorder by secreting TSLP, a sentinel for epidermal integrity. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e123 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate that local skin perturbations can drive a lethal systemic disease and have important implications for a wide range of humoral and autoimmune diseases with skin manifestations. ..
- Leighton P, Mitchell K, Goodrich L, Lu X, Pinson K, Scherz P, et al. Defining brain wiring patterns and mechanisms through gene trapping in mice. Nature. 2001;410:174-9 pubmed..Studies of two of these mouse lines have identified an in vivo guidance function for a vertebrate transmembrane semaphorin, Sema6A, and have helped re-evaluate that of the Eph receptor EphA4. ..
- Bellavia D, Mecarozzi M, Campese A, Grazioli P, Talora C, Frati L, et al. Notch3 and the Notch3-upregulated RNA-binding protein HuD regulate Ikaros alternative splicing. EMBO J. 2007;26:1670-80 pubmedConstitutive activation of the transmembrane receptor, Notch3, and loss of function of the hematopoietic transcription repressor, Ikaros (IK), play direct roles in T-cell differentiation and leukemogenesis that are dependent on pre-T-cell ..
- Fre S, Hannezo E, Sale S, Huyghe M, Lafkas D, Kissel H, et al. Notch lineages and activity in intestinal stem cells determined by a new set of knock-in mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25785 pubmed publisher..This roster of knock-in and reporter mice represents a valuable resource to functionally explore the Notch pathway in vivo in virtually all tissues. ..
- Pan Y, Liu Z, Shen J, Kopan R. Notch1 and 2 cooperate in limb ectoderm to receive an early Jagged2 signal regulating interdigital apoptosis. Dev Biol. 2005;286:472-82 pubmed..Thus, Notch signaling plays a non-autonomous role in digit septation. ..
- Hahn K, Beres B, Rowton M, Skinner M, Chang Y, Rawls A, et al. A deficiency of lunatic fringe is associated with cystic dilation of the rete testis. Reproduction. 2009;137:79-93 pubmed publisher..Further, the dye studies demonstrated that many lunatic fringe mutant males had partial blocks of the connection between the rete testis and the efferent ducts bilaterally. ..
- Liu H, Zhang W, Kennard S, Caldwell R, Lilly B. Notch3 is critical for proper angiogenesis and mural cell investment. Circ Res. 2010;107:860-70 pubmed publisher..Our previous in vitro studies indicated that Notch3, which is expressed in mural cells, mediates these cell-cell interactions...
- Joutel A, Corpechot C, Ducros A, Vahedi K, Chabriat H, Mouton P, et al. Notch3 mutations in CADASIL, a hereditary adult-onset condition causing stroke and dementia. Nature. 1996;383:707-10 pubmed..We have previously mapped the mutant gene to chromosome 19. Here we report the characterization of the human Notch3 gene which we mapped to the CADASIL critical region...
- Bellavia D, Campese A, Alesse E, Vacca A, Felli M, Balestri A, et al. Constitutive activation of NF-kappaB and T-cell leukemia/lymphoma in Notch3 transgenic mice. EMBO J. 2000;19:3337-48 pubmed..b>Notch3 is expressed in CD4(-)8(-) thymocytes and is down-regulated across the CD4(-)8(-) to CD4(+)8(+) transition, ..
- Krebs L, Xue Y, Norton C, Sundberg J, Beatus P, Lendahl U, et al. Characterization of Notch3-deficient mice: normal embryonic development and absence of genetic interactions with a Notch1 mutation. Genesis. 2003;37:139-43 pubmed..To analyze the in vivo role of the Notch3 gene in mice, we created a deletion allele by gene targeting...
- Yang Q, Bermingham N, Finegold M, Zoghbi H. Requirement of Math1 for secretory cell lineage commitment in the mouse intestine. Science. 2001;294:2155-8 pubmed..The continuous rapid renewal of these cells makes the intestinal epithelium a model system for the study of stem cell regeneration and lineage commitment...
- Zhang K, Han X, Zhang Z, Zheng L, Hu Z, Yao Q, et al. The liver-enriched lnc-LFAR1 promotes liver fibrosis by activating TGF? and Notch pathways. Nat Commun. 2017;8:144 pubmed publisher..Lnc-LFAR1 binds directly to Smad2/3 and promotes transcription of TGF?, Smad2, Smad3, Notch2 and Notch3 which, in turn, results in TGF? and Notch pathway activation...
- Robert Moreno A, Espinosa L, de la Pompa J, Bigas A. RBPjkappa-dependent Notch function regulates Gata2 and is essential for the formation of intra-embryonic hematopoietic cells. Development. 2005;132:1117-26 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly suggest that activation of Gata2 expression by Notch1/RBPjkappa is a crucial event for the onset of definitive hematopoiesis in the embryo. ..
- Villa N, Walker L, Lindsell C, Gasson J, Iruela Arispe M, Weinmaster G. Vascular expression of Notch pathway receptors and ligands is restricted to arterial vessels. Mech Dev. 2001;108:161-4 pubmed..Moreover, patients with mutations in Notch3 exhibit the cerebral vascular disorder, cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and ..
- Meng H, Zhang X, Hankenson K, Wang M. Thrombospondin 2 potentiates notch3/jagged1 signaling. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7866-74 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that TSP2, but not TSP1, enhances the potency of Notch3 signal transduction. In addition, TSP2 reduces cancer cell proliferation in a Notch-ligand dependent fashion...
- Zhang M, Pan X, Zou Q, Xia Y, Chen J, Hao Q, et al. Notch3 Ameliorates Cardiac Fibrosis After Myocardial Infarction by Inhibiting the TGF-Î²1/Smad3 Pathway. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2016;16:316-24 pubmed publisherb>Notch3 and TGF-Î²1 signaling play a key role in the pathogenesis and progression of chronic cardiovascular disease. However, whether Notch3 protects against myocardial infarction (MI) and the underlying mechanisms remains unknown...
- Dang T, Eichenberger S, Gonzalez A, Olson S, Carbone D. Constitutive activation of Notch3 inhibits terminal epithelial differentiation in lungs of transgenic mice. Oncogene. 2003;22:1988-97 pubmedb>Notch3 is a transmembrane receptor and a member of the Notch signaling pathway essential for cellular differentiation in a variety of developing tissues in both invertebrates and vertebrates...
- Jacquemin P, Durviaux S, Jensen J, Godfraind C, Gradwohl G, Guillemot F, et al. Transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor 6 regulates pancreatic endocrine cell differentiation and controls expression of the proendocrine gene ngn3. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:4445-54 pubmed..They also suggest that HNF-6 is a candidate gene for diabetes mellitus in humans. ..
- Leimeister C, Schumacher N, Gessler M. Expression of Notch pathway genes in the embryonic mouse metanephros suggests a role in proximal tubule development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:595-8 pubmed..Our results point to a Lfng-dependent role for Notch signalling in the development of nephron segments, especially the proximal tubules. ..
- Ortica S, Tarantino N, Aulner N, Israel A, Gupta Rossi N. The 4 Notch receptors play distinct and antagonistic roles in the proliferation and hepatocytic differentiation of liver progenitors. FASEB J. 2014;28:603-14 pubmed publisher..Conversely, Notch3-expressing cells proliferate less and express 3-fold higher levels of p57(Kip2)...
- Yamamoto N, Chang W, Kelley M. Rbpj regulates development of prosensory cells in the mammalian inner ear. Dev Biol. 2011;353:367-79 pubmed publisher..These results suggest important roles for Rbpj and notch signaling in multiple aspects of inner ear development including prosensory cell maturation, cellular differentiation and survival. ..
- Kofler N, Cuervo H, Uh M, MurtomÃ¤ki A, Kitajewski J. Combined deficiency of Notch1 and Notch3 causes pericyte dysfunction, models CADASIL, and results in arteriovenous malformations. Sci Rep. 2015;5:16449 pubmed publisher..Here we define Notch as a key regulator of pericyte function during angiogenesis. In Notch1(+/-); Notch3(-/-) mice, combined deficiency of Notch1 and Notch3 altered pericyte interaction with the endothelium and reduced ..
- Fouillade C, Baron Menguy C, Domenga Denier V, Thibault C, Takamiya K, Huganir R, et al. Transcriptome analysis for Notch3 target genes identifies Grip2 as a novel regulator of myogenic response in the cerebrovasculature. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:76-86 pubmed publisherb>Notch3 is critically important for the structure and myogenic response of distal arteries, particularly of cerebral arteries. However, signaling pathways acting downstream of Notch3 remain largely unknown...
- Dang L, Fan X, Chaudhry A, Wang M, Gaiano N, Eberhart C. Notch3 signaling initiates choroid plexus tumor formation. Oncogene. 2006;25:487-91 pubmedb>Notch3 has been studied in the context of brain development, but whether it plays a role in the formation of brain tumors is unclear...
- Fujita M, Sakabe M, Ioka T, Watanabe Y, Kinugasa Katayama Y, Tsuchihashi T, et al. Pharyngeal arch artery defects and lethal malformations of the aortic arch and its branches in mice deficient for the Hrt1/Hey1 transcription factor. Mech Dev. 2016;139:65-73 pubmed publisher..While the direct downstream phenomena of the Hrt1/Hey1 deficiency remain to be clarified, we suggest that Hrt1/Hey1-dependent transcriptional regulation has an important role in PAA formation during embryonic development. ..
- Minoguchi S, Taniguchi Y, Kato H, Okazaki T, Strobl L, Zimber Strobl U, et al. RBP-L, a transcription factor related to RBP-Jkappa. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2679-87 pubmed..This is again in contrast to physical association of RBP-J with EBNA-2. Several models to explain functional interaction between RBP-L and EBNA-2 are discussed. ..
- Houzelstein D, Bullock S, Lynch D, Grigorieva E, Wilson V, Beddington R. Growth and early postimplantation defects in mice deficient for the bromodomain-containing protein Brd4. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3794-802 pubmed..Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95:8538-8543, 1998) and the Brd4 mutant phenotype is discussed in light of this result. Together, our results provide the first genetic evidence for an in vivo role in mammals for a member of the Fsh/Brd family. ..
- Wang H, Arden K, Bermingham J, Viars C, Lin W, Boyer A, et al. Localization of serine kinases, SRPK1 (SFRSK1) and SRPK2 (SFRSK2), specific for the SR family of splicing factors in mouse and human chromosomes. Genomics. 1999;57:310-5 pubmed..1 (a region of conserved synteny to mouse Chromosome 5). In addition, we also found multiple SRPK-related sequences on other human chromosomes, one of which appears to correspond to a SRPK2 pseudogene on human chromosome 8. ..
- Post L, Ternet M, Hogan B. Notch/Delta expression in the developing mouse lung. Mech Dev. 2000;98:95-8 pubmed..Here, we report the localization of transcripts of several genes encoding members of the Notch/Delta pathway in the early mouse lung. Most genes are expressed in specific populations and so may contribute to cell diversification. ..
- Demehri S, Kopan R. Notch signaling in bulge stem cells is not required for selection of hair follicle fate. Development. 2009;136:891-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings yield detailed insight into the function of Notch signaling in hair follicle stem cells and reveal the mechanism of the replacement of Notch-deficient adult hair follicles by epidermal cysts. ..
- Seta Y, Seta C, Barlow L. Notch-associated gene expression in embryonic and adult taste papillae and taste buds suggests a role in taste cell lineage decisions. J Comp Neurol. 2003;464:49-61 pubmed..Similarly, Notch gene expression in adult taste buds suggests continued roles in cell lineage determination and cell turnover. ..
- Van Den Akker N, Caolo V, Wisse L, Peters P, Poelmann R, Carmeliet P, et al. Developmental coronary maturation is disturbed by aberrant cardiac vascular endothelial growth factor expression and Notch signalling. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;78:366-75 pubmed..and increased venous medial development as shown by staining for smooth muscle alpha-actin, Delta-like1, and Notch3. We demonstrate that VEGF isoform-related spatiotemporal cardiac alterations in the VEGF/Notch/ephrinB2 cascade ..
- Schuster Gossler K, Cordes R, Gossler A. Premature myogenic differentiation and depletion of progenitor cells cause severe muscle hypotrophy in Delta1 mutants. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:537-42 pubmed
- Tsunematsu R, Nakayama K, Oike Y, Nishiyama M, Ishida N, Hatakeyama S, et al. Mouse Fbw7/Sel-10/Cdc4 is required for notch degradation during vascular development. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9417-23 pubmed..Expression of Notch1, -2, or -3 or of cyclin E was unaffected in Fbw7(-/-) embryos. Mammalian Fbw7 thus appears to play an indispensable role in negative regulation of the Notch4-Hey1 pathway and is required for vascular development. ..
- Gazit R, Krizhanovsky V, Ben Arie N. Math1 controls cerebellar granule cell differentiation by regulating multiple components of the Notch signaling pathway. Development. 2004;131:903-13 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate that CGC differentiation, but not specification, depends on Math1, which acts by regulating the level of multiple components of the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Chen L, Al Awqati Q. Segmental expression of Notch and Hairy genes in nephrogenesis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;288:F939-52 pubmed..These studies provide the basis for the future development of strategies to examine the role of individual effector molecules in the determination of the differentiation pattern of the nephron. ..
- Saxena M, Schroeter E, Mumm J, Kopan R. Murine notch homologs (N1-4) undergo presenilin-dependent proteolysis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:40268-73 pubmed..Despite a high degree of structural homology and the presenilin-dependent activity of truncated Notch proteins, the extent that this reflects functional redundancy is unknown. ..
- Barbarulo A, Grazioli P, Campese A, Bellavia D, Di Mario G, Pelullo M, et al. Notch3 and canonical NF-kappaB signaling pathways cooperatively regulate Foxp3 transcription. J Immunol. 2011;186:6199-206 pubmed publisherb>Notch3 overexpression has been previously shown to positively regulate the generation and function of naturally occurring regulatory T cells and the expression of Foxp3, in cooperation with the pT?/pre-TCR pathway...
- Mitsiadis T, Hirsinger E, Lendahl U, Goridis C. Delta-notch signaling in odontogenesis: correlation with cytodifferentiation and evidence for feedback regulation. Dev Biol. 1998;204:420-31 pubmed..The expression pattern of Delta1 in ameloblasts and odontoblasts is complementary to Notch1, Notch2, and Notch3 expression in adjacent epithelial and mesenchymal cells...
- Liu Z, Brunskill E, Varnum Finney B, Zhang C, Zhang A, Jay P, et al. The intracellular domains of Notch1 and Notch2 are functionally equivalent during development and carcinogenesis. Development. 2015;142:2452-63 pubmed publisher..Reinterpretation of clinical findings based on our analyses suggests that differences in outcome segregating with Notch1 or Notch2 are likely to reflect outcomes dependent on the overall strength of Notch signals. ..
- Wu L, Kobayashi K, Sun T, Gao P, Liu J, Nakamura M, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of the murine mastermind-like 1 (Maml1) gene. Gene. 2004;328:153-65 pubmed..There seems to be close correlation of the spatial and temporal expression among Maml1, Notch1 and Hes1 in the central nervous system (CNS) during early development, implicating a role for the Maml1 gene in neurogenesis. ..
- Dong Y, Jesse A, Kohn A, Gunnell L, Honjo T, Zuscik M, et al. RBPjkappa-dependent Notch signaling regulates mesenchymal progenitor cell proliferation and differentiation during skeletal development. Development. 2010;137:1461-71 pubmed publisher..Finally, Hes1 was identified as an RBPjkappa-dependent Notch target gene important for MPC maintenance and the suppression of in vitro chondrogenesis. ..
- Mizutani T, Taniguchi Y, Aoki T, Hashimoto N, Honjo T. Conservation of the biochemical mechanisms of signal transduction among mammalian Notch family members. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:9026-31 pubmed..These results demonstrate the conserved biochemical mechanism of signal transduction among mammalian Notch family members. ..
- Ehret F, Vogler S, Pojar S, Elliott D, Bradke F, Steiner B, et al. Mouse model of CADASIL reveals novel insights into Notch3 function in adult hippocampal neurogenesis. Neurobiol Dis. 2015;75:131-41 pubmed publisher..Analysis in aged mice overexpressing Notch3 with a CADASIL mutation, revealed vascular deficits in arteries of the hippocampal fissure but not in the niche of ..
- Talora C, Cialfi S, Oliviero C, Palermo R, Pascucci M, Frati L, et al. Cross talk among Notch3, pre-TCR, and Tal1 in T-cell development and leukemogenesis. Blood. 2006;107:3313-20 pubmed..However, specific target genes and molecular partners are not fully elucidated. We show that Notch3 activation sustains aberrant SCL/Tal1 overexpression and phosphorylation in mature thymocytes...
- Arboleda Velasquez J, Rampal R, Fung E, Darland D, Liu M, Martinez M, et al. CADASIL mutations impair Notch3 glycosylation by Fringe. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:1631-9 pubmedMutations in the NOTCH3 gene trigger adult-onset stroke and vascular dementia in patients with CADASIL (cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy)...
- Wu S, Esumi S, Watanabe K, Chen J, Nakamura K, Nakamura K, et al. Tangential migration and proliferation of intermediate progenitors of GABAergic neurons in the mouse telencephalon. Development. 2011;138:2499-509 pubmed publisher..IPGNs are maintained in the neocortex and may act as progenitors for adult neurogenesis. ..
- Shi J, Fallahi M, Luo J, Petrie H. Nonoverlapping functions for Notch1 and Notch3 during murine steady-state thymic lymphopoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:2511-9 pubmed publisher..Here we show that like Notch1, Notch3 is differentially expressed by progenitor thymocytes, peaking at the DN3 progenitor stage...
- Suliman S, Tan J, Xu K, Kousis P, Kowalski P, Chang G, et al. Notch3 is dispensable for thymocyte ?-selection and Notch1-induced T cell leukemogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24937 pubmed publisher..DN3 progenitors also express Notch3 (N3) mRNA, and over-expression of ligand-independent mutant N3 (ICN3) influences ?-selection and drives T cell ..
- Holland L, Rached L, Tamme R, Holland N, Kortschak D, Inoko H, et al. Characterization and developmental expression of the amphioxus homolog of Notch (AmphiNotch): evolutionary conservation of multiple expression domains in amphioxus and vertebrates. Dev Biol. 2001;232:493-507 pubmed
- Kong Y, Glickman J, Subramaniam M, Shahsafaei A, Allamneni K, Aster J, et al. Functional diversity of notch family genes in fetal lung development. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;286:L1075-83 pubmed..Cumulatively, these observations suggest that interactions between distinct Notch family members can have diverse tissue-specific regulatory functions during development, arguing against simple functional redundancy. ..
- Vacca A, Felli M, Palermo R, Di Mario G, Calce A, Di Giovine M, et al. Notch3 and pre-TCR interaction unveils distinct NF-kappaB pathways in T-cell development and leukemia. EMBO J. 2006;25:1000-8 pubmed..is required for thymocytes proliferation and leukemogenesis, it is dispensable for thymocyte differentiation in Notch3-transgenic mice...
- Ezratty E, Stokes N, Chai S, Shah A, Williams S, Fuchs E. A role for the primary cilium in Notch signaling and epidermal differentiation during skin development. Cell. 2011;145:1129-41 pubmed publisher..These findings unveil temporally and spatially distinct functions for primary cilia at the nexus of signaling, proliferation, and differentiation. ..
- Sumazaki R, Shiojiri N, Isoyama S, Masu M, Keino Masu K, Osawa M, et al. Conversion of biliary system to pancreatic tissue in Hes1-deficient mice. Nat Genet. 2004;36:83-7 pubmed..Thus, biliary epithelium has the potential for pancreatic differentiation and Hes1 determines biliary organogenesis by preventing the pancreatic differentiation program, probably by directly repressing transcription of Neurog3. ..
- Dvoriantchikova G, Tao W, Pappas S, Gaidosh G, Tse D, Ivanov D, et al. Molecular Profiling of the Developing Lacrimal Gland Reveals Putative Role of Notch Signaling in Branching Morphogenesis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:1098-1109 pubmed publisher..Our data also supports the hypothesis that NOTCH signaling regulates branching morphogenesis in the developing lacrimal gland by suppressing cleft formation. ..
- Tetzlaff M, Yu W, Li M, Zhang P, Finegold M, Mahon K, et al. Defective cardiovascular development and elevated cyclin E and Notch proteins in mice lacking the Fbw7 F-box protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3338-45 pubmed..These data suggest essential functions for Fbw7 in controlling cyclin E and Notch signaling pathways in the mouse. ..
- Zhang Y, Sandy A, Wang J, Radojcic V, Shan G, Tran I, et al. Notch signaling is a critical regulator of allogeneic CD4+ T-cell responses mediating graft-versus-host disease. Blood. 2011;117:299-308 pubmed publisher..These results identify Notch as a novel essential regulator of pathogenic CD4(+) T-cell responses during acute GVHD and suggest that Notch signaling in T cells should be investigated as a therapeutic target after allogeneic HSCT. ..
- Yao C, Evans C, Stevens V, Owens T, Oyesiku N. Folate receptor alpha regulates cell proliferation in mouse gonadotroph alphaT3-1 cells. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:3125-32 pubmed publisher..Finally, by real-time quantitative PCR, we found that mRNA expression of NOTCH3 was up-regulated in FRalpha over-expressing cells...
- Ishifune C, Maruyama S, Sasaki Y, Yagita H, Hozumi K, Tomita T, et al. Differentiation of CD11c+ CX3CR1+ cells in the small intestine requires Notch signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:5986-91 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Notch signaling is essential for lineage fixation of intestinal CD11c(+)CX3CR1(+) cells. ..
- Schröder N, Gossler A. Expression of Notch pathway components in fetal and adult mouse small intestine. Gene Expr Patterns. 2002;2:247-50 pubmed
- Lou I, Odorico S, Yu X, Harrison A, Jaskula Sztul R, Chen H. Notch3 as a novel therapeutic target in metastatic medullary thyroid cancer. Surgery. 2018;163:104-111 pubmed publisherMedullary thyroid cancer portends poor survival once liver metastasis occurs. We hypothesize that Notch3 overexpression in medullary thyroid cancer liver metastasis will decrease proliferation and growth of the tumor...
- Francis J, Radtke F, Logan M. Notch1 signals through Jagged2 to regulate apoptosis in the apical ectodermal ridge of the developing limb bud. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:1006-15 pubmed..Regulation of the extent of the AER is achieved by Notch signalling positively regulating apoptosis in the AER. We also demonstrate that Notch1 is not required for proper formation of all the derivatives of the limb mesenchyme. ..
- Qu S, Lin J, Zhang J, Song L, Yang X, Wu C. Notch signaling pathway regulates the growth and the expression of inflammatory cytokines in mouse basophils. Cell Immunol. 2017;318:29-34 pubmed publisher..Finally, IL-6 inhibition was specifically associated with ERK and IL-13 with JNK. Therefore, Notch signaling regulates BA biological function, at least partially via the modulation of MAPK. ..