Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nore1
Description: Ras association (RalGDS/AF-6) domain family member 5
Alias: 1300019G20Rik, Maxp1, Nore1, Nore1A, Nore1B, Rapl, ras association domain-containing protein 5, Rap1-binding protein, new ras effector 1, novel ras effector 1, regulator for cell adhesion and polarization enriched in lymphoid tissues
- Choi J, Oh S, Lee D, Oh H, Park J, Lee S, et al. Mst1-FoxO signaling protects Naïve T lymphocytes from cellular oxidative stress in mice. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8011 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that tolerance to increased levels of intracellular ROS provided by the Mst1-FoxOs signaling pathway is crucial for the maintenance of naïve T cell homeostasis in the periphery. ..
- Vavvas D, Li X, Avruch J, Zhang X. Identification of Nore1 as a potential Ras effector. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:5439-42 pubmed..We have identified a novel potential Ras effector or target named Nore1. Nore1 has no significant sequence similarity to known mammalian proteins and lacks an identifiable catalytic ..
- Khokhlatchev A, Rabizadeh S, Xavier R, Nedwidek M, Chen T, Zhang X, et al. Identification of a novel Ras-regulated proapoptotic pathway. Curr Biol. 2002;12:253-65 pubmed..b>NORE1, a noncatalytic polypeptide, binds specifically to Ras-GTP and to several other Ras-like GTPases...
- Stieglitz B, Bee C, Schwarz D, Yildiz O, Moshnikova A, Khokhlatchev A, et al. Novel type of Ras effector interaction established between tumour suppressor NORE1A and Ras switch II. EMBO J. 2008;27:1995-2005 pubmed publisher..RASSF5, a member of this family, exists in two splice variants known as NORE1A and RAPL. Both of them are involved in distinct cellular pathways triggered by Ras and Rap, respectively...
- Bee C, Moshnikova A, Mellor C, Molloy J, Koryakina Y, Stieglitz B, et al. Growth and tumor suppressor NORE1A is a regulatory node between Ras signaling and microtubule nucleation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16258-66 pubmed publisherb>NORE1A is a Ras-binding protein that belongs to a group of tumor suppressors known as the Ras association domain family...
- Yao R, Wang Y, You M. Chromosome mapping and sequence variation of the murine Ras effector gene Nore1. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;95:126-8 pubmed
- Ortiz Vega S, Khokhlatchev A, Nedwidek M, Zhang X, Dammann R, Pfeifer G, et al. The putative tumor suppressor RASSF1A homodimerizes and heterodimerizes with the Ras-GTP binding protein Nore1. Oncogene. 2002;21:1381-90 pubmed..The preferential ability of RASSF1A to heterodimerize with Nore and thereby associate with Ras-like GTPases may be relevant to its putative tumor suppressor function. ..
- Ebisuno Y, Katagiri K, Katakai T, Ueda Y, Nemoto T, Inada H, et al. Rap1 controls lymphocyte adhesion cascade and interstitial migration within lymph nodes in RAPL-dependent and -independent manners. Blood. 2010;115:804-14 pubmed publisherThe small GTPase Rap1 and its effector RAPL regulate lymphocyte adhesion and motility. However, their precise regulatory roles in the adhesion cascade preceding entry into lymph nodes and during interstitial migration are unclear...
- Park S, Lee D, Choi C, Ryu S. Induction of apoptosis by NORE1A in a manner dependent on its nuclear export. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;368:56-61 pubmed publisher..In this study, we showed that NORE1A was exported actively via its nuclear export signal (NES) in the C-terminus (residues 372-379)...
- Raab M, Wang H, Lu Y, Smith X, Wu Z, Strebhardt K, et al. T cell receptor "inside-out" pathway via signaling module SKAP1-RapL regulates T cell motility and interactions in lymph nodes. Immunity. 2010;32:541-56 pubmed publisher..the "inside-out" pathway mediated by N-terminal SKAP1 (SKAP-55) domain binding to the C-terminal SARAH domain of RapL. TcR induced Rap1-RapL complex formation and LFA-1 binding failed to occur in Skap1(-/-) primary T cells...
- Vos M, Martinez A, Ellis C, Vallecorsa T, Clark G. The pro-apoptotic Ras effector Nore1 may serve as a Ras-regulated tumor suppressor in the lung. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21938-43 pubmed..We now show that the Ras effector Nore1, which is structurally related to RASSF1, can also mediate a Ras-dependent apoptosis...
- Tommasi S, Dammann R, Jin S, Zhang X, Avruch J, Pfeifer G. RASSF3 and NORE1: identification and cloning of two human homologues of the putative tumor suppressor gene RASSF1. Oncogene. 2002;21:2713-20 pubmed..5 kDa). Both share a RA domain, encoded by exons 3 through 6. NORE1A and NORE1B are expressed in most of the normal tissues analysed but they appear to be down-regulated in several cancer cell ..
- Gordon M, El Kalla M, Zhao Y, Fiteih Y, Law J, Volodko N, et al. The tumor suppressor gene, RASSF1A, is essential for protection against inflammation -induced injury. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75483 pubmed publisher..Failure to restrict NFÎºB resulted in the inflammation-induced DNA damage driven tyrosine phosphorylation of YAP, subsequent p53 accumulation and loss of intestinal epithelial homeostasis. ..
- Yang R, Kong E, Jin J, Hergovich A, Püschel A. Rassf5 and Ndr kinases regulate neuronal polarity through Par3 phosphorylation in a novel pathway. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:3463-76 pubmed publisher..Their role in neuronal polarity suggests that Ndr kinases perform a conserved function as regulators of cell polarity. ..
- Darlington T, McCarthy R, Cox R, Miyamoto Ditmon J, Gallego X, Ehringer M. Voluntary wheel running reduces voluntary consumption of ethanol in mice: identification of candidate genes through striatal gene expression profiling. Genes Brain Behav. 2016;15:474-90 pubmed publisher..These data provide a rich resource for future studies that may better characterize the observed transcriptional changes in gene networks in response to ethanol consumption and wheel running. ..