Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nlrp6
Description: NLR family, pyrin domain containing 6
Alias: AI504961, Avr, Nalp6, Navr, Navr/Avr, Non-AVR, Pypaf5, NACHT, LRR and PYD domains-containing protein 6, NACHT, leucine rich repeat and PYD containing 6, NACHT/LRR/pyrin domain-containing protein 6, PYRIN-containing APAF1-like protein 5, angiotensin II/vasopressin receptor, non-angiotensin-vasopressin receptor
- Levy M, Thaiss C, Zeevi D, DohnalovÃ¡ L, Zilberman Schapira G, Mahdi J, et al. Microbiota-Modulated Metabolites Shape the Intestinal Microenvironment by Regulating NLRP6 Inflammasome Signaling. Cell. 2015;163:1428-43 pubmed publisher..metabolites taurine, histamine, and spermine shape the host-microbiome interface by co-modulating NLRP6 inflammasome signaling, epithelial IL-18 secretion, and downstream anti-microbial peptide (AMP) profiles...
- Birchenough G, Nyström E, Johansson M, Hansson G. A sentinel goblet cell guards the colonic crypt by triggering Nlrp6-dependent Muc2 secretion. Science. 2016;352:1535-42 pubmed publisher..This cell nonspecifically endocytoses and reacts to the TLR2/1, TLR4, and TLR5 ligands by activating the Nlrp6 inflammasome downstream of TLR- and MyD88-dependent Nox/Duox reactive oxygen species synthesis...
- Albrecht M, Domingues F, Schreiber S, Lengauer T. Identification of mammalian orthologs associates PYPAF5 with distinct functional roles. FEBS Lett. 2003;538:173-7 pubmed..We could identify the mouse orthologs of PYPAF1, PYPAF5, NOD1, NOD2 and the rat ortholog of PYPAF5...
- Herrera V, Bagamasbad P, Didishvili T, Decano J, Ruiz Opazo N. Overlapping genes in Nalp6/PYPAF5 locus encode two V2-type vasopressin isoreceptors: angiotensin-vasopressin receptor (AVR) and non-AVR. Physiol Genomics. 2008;34:65-77 pubmed publisher..AVR maps to the Nalp6 locus and overlaps with the larger Nalp6/PYPAF5 reported to be a T cell/granulocyte-specific, cytoplasmic-specific proapoptotic protein, thus questioning the ..
- Mamantopoulos M, Ronchi F, Van Hauwermeiren F, Vieira Silva S, Yilmaz B, Martens L, et al. Nlrp6- and ASC-Dependent Inflammasomes Do Not Shape the Commensal Gut Microbiota Composition. Immunity. 2017;47:339-348.e4 pubmed publisherThe gut microbiota regulate susceptibility to multiple human diseases. The Nlrp6-ASC inflammasome is widely regarded as a hallmark host innate immune axis that shapes the gut microbiota composition...
- Macia L, Tan J, Vieira A, Leach K, Stanley D, Luong S, et al. Metabolite-sensing receptors GPR43 and GPR109A facilitate dietary fibre-induced gut homeostasis through regulation of the inflammasome. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6734 pubmed publisher..SCFAs and metabolite receptors thus explain health benefits of dietary fibre, and how metabolite signals feed through to a major pathway for gut homeostasis. ..
- Shah S, Bohsali A, Ahlbrand S, Srinivasan L, Rathinam V, Vogel S, et al. Cutting edge: Mycobacterium tuberculosis but not nonvirulent mycobacteria inhibits IFN-? and AIM2 inflammasome-dependent IL-1? production via its ESX-1 secretion system. J Immunol. 2013;191:3514-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we report a novel immune evasion mechanism of M. tuberculosis that involves the ESX-1-dependent, direct or indirect, suppression of the host cell AIM2 inflammasome activation during infection. ..
- Wlodarska M, Thaiss C, Nowarski R, Henao Mejia J, Zhang J, Brown E, et al. NLRP6 inflammasome orchestrates the colonic host-microbial interface by regulating goblet cell mucus secretion. Cell. 2014;156:1045-59 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that the NLRP6 inflammasome, a recently described regulator of colonic microbiota composition and biogeographical distribution, ..
- Ulland T, Jain N, Hornick E, Elliott E, Clay G, Sadler J, et al. Nlrp12 mutation causes C57BL/6J strain-specific defect in neutrophil recruitment. Nat Commun. 2016;7:13180 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that C57BL/6J mice have a functional defect in NLRP12 and that macrophages require NLRP12 expression for effective recruitment of neutrophils to inflammatory sites. ..
- Levy M, Shapiro H, Thaiss C, Elinav E. NLRP6: A Multifaceted Innate Immune Sensor. Trends Immunol. 2017;38:248-260 pubmed publisherb>NLRP6, a member of the nucleotide-binding domain, leucine-rich repeat-containing (NLR) innate immune receptor family, regulates inflammation and host defense against microorganisms...
- Ydens E, Demon D, Lornet G, de Winter V, Timmerman V, Lamkanfi M, et al. Nlrp6 promotes recovery after peripheral nerve injury independently of inflammasomes. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:143 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, loss of Nlrp6 led to strongly impaired nerve function upon nerve crush...
- Hu B, Elinav E, Huber S, Strowig T, Hao L, Hafemann A, et al. Microbiota-induced activation of epithelial IL-6 signaling links inflammasome-driven inflammation with transmissible cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9862-7 pubmed publisher..critical role in CRC development, where mice deficient in the NOD-like receptor family pyrin domain containing 6 (NLRP6) inflammasome feature enhanced inflammation-induced CRC formation...
- Ruiz Opazo N, Akimoto K, Herrera V. Identification of a novel dual angiotensin II/vasopressin receptor on the basis of molecular recognition theory. Nat Med. 1995;1:1074-81 pubmed..This corroborates the dual nature of the receptor and provides direct molecular genetic evidence for the molecular recognition theory. ..
- Anderson J, Mueller J, Rosengren S, Boyle D, Schaner P, Cannon S, et al. Structural, expression, and evolutionary analysis of mouse CIAS1. Gene. 2004;338:25-34 pubmed..We also detected significant expression in mouse eye and skin tissue, which is consistent with symptoms observed in human Cryopyrin-associated diseases. ..
- Seregin S, Golovchenko N, Schaf B, Chen J, Eaton K, Chen G. NLRP6 function in inflammatory monocytes reduces susceptibility to chemically induced intestinal injury. Mucosal Immunol. 2017;10:434-445 pubmed publisherb>NLRP6 is a member of the Nod-like receptor family, whose members are involved in the recognition of microbes and/or tissue injury...
- Yang D, He Y, MuÃ±oz Planillo R, Liu Q, NÃºÃ±ez G. Caspase-11 Requires the Pannexin-1 Channel and the Purinergic P2X7 Pore to Mediate Pyroptosis and Endotoxic Shock. Immunity. 2015;43:923-32 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a critical role for pannexin-1 and P2X7 downstream of caspase-11 for pyroptosis and susceptibility to sepsis induced by the noncanonical inflammasome. ..
- Hornung V, Ablasser A, Charrel Dennis M, Bauernfeind F, Horvath G, Caffrey D, et al. AIM2 recognizes cytosolic dsDNA and forms a caspase-1-activating inflammasome with ASC. Nature. 2009;458:514-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these observations identify AIM2 as a new receptor for cytoplasmic DNA, which forms an inflammasome with the ligand and ASC to activate caspase-1. ..
- Gonzalez C, Herrera V, Ruiz Opazo N. Renal immunocytochemical distribution and pharmacological properties of the dual angiotensin II/AVP receptor. Hypertension. 1997;29:957-61 pubmed..These data suggest that the Ang II/AVP receptor might provide the molecular basis for the observed similar stimulatory effects of Ang II and AVP on renal tubular sodium and fluid reabsorption at physiological hormone concentrations. ..
- Kayagaki N, Warming S, Lamkanfi M, Vande Walle L, Louie S, Dong J, et al. Non-canonical inflammasome activation targets caspase-11. Nature. 2011;479:117-21 pubmed publisher..These data highlight a unique pro-inflammatory role for caspase-11 in the innate immune response to clinically significant bacterial infections. ..
- Janowski A, Colegio O, Hornick E, McNiff J, Martin M, Badovinac V, et al. NLRC4 suppresses melanoma tumor progression independently of inflammasome activation. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:3917-3928 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a critical role for NLRC4 in suppressing tumor growth in an inflammasome-independent manner. ..
- Ruiz Opazo N, Lopez L, Herrera V. The dual AngII/AVP receptor gene N119S/C163R variant exhibits sodium-induced dysfunction and cosegregates with salt-sensitive hypertension in the Dahl salt-sensitive hypertensive rat model. Mol Med. 2002;8:24-32 pubmed
- Zhu S, Ding S, Wang P, Wei Z, Pan W, Palm N, et al. Nlrp9b inflammasome restricts rotavirus infection in intestinal epithelial cells. Nature. 2017;546:667-670 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights an important innate immune signalling pathway that functions in intestinal epithelial cells and may present useful targets in the modulation of host defences against viral pathogens. ..
- Huber S, Gagliani N, Zenewicz L, Huber F, Bosurgi L, Hu B, et al. IL-22BP is regulated by the inflammasome and modulates tumorigenesis in the intestine. Nature. 2012;491:259-63 pubmed publisher..Sensing of intestinal tissue damage via the NLRP3 or NLRP6 inflammasomes led to an IL-18-dependent downregulation of IL-22BP, thereby increasing the ratio of IL-22/IL-22BP...
- Herrera V, Bagamasbad P, Decano J, Ruiz Opazo N. AVR/NAVR deficiency lowers blood pressure and differentially affects urinary concentrating ability, cognition, and anxiety-like behavior in male and female mice. Physiol Genomics. 2011;43:32-42 pubmed publisher..They achieve these functions via specific G protein-coupled receptors, respectively. The AVR/NAVR locus encodes two overlapping V2-type vasopressin isoreceptors: angiotensin-vasopressin receptor (AVR) responding ..
- Seregin S, Golovchenko N, Schaf B, Chen J, Pudlo N, Mitchell J, et al. NLRP6 Protects Il10-/- Mice from Colitis by Limiting Colonization of Akkermansia muciniphila. Cell Rep. 2017;19:733-745 pubmed publisher..We previously demonstrated that the loss of the innate immune receptor NLRP6 in mice resulted in impaired production of interleukin-18 (IL-18) and increased susceptibility to epithelial-..