Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nlrc5
Description: NLR family, CARD domain containing 5
Alias: AI451557, AK220210, NOD27, protein NLRC5
- Lupfer C, Stokes K, Kuriakose T, Kanneganti T. Deficiency of the NOD-Like Receptor NLRC5 Results in Decreased CD8+ T Cell Function and Impaired Viral Clearance. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..The NLR family member NLRC5 regulates major histocompatibility complex class I (MHC-I) expression during various types of infections, but its ..
- Aachoui Y, Kajiwara Y, Leaf I, Mao D, Ting J, Coers J, et al. Canonical Inflammasomes Drive IFN-Î³ to Prime Caspase-11 in Defense against a Cytosol-Invasive Bacterium. Cell Host Microbe. 2015;18:320-32 pubmed publisher..thailandensis in vivo, they did not strictly require IFN-Î³ priming. Thus, caspase-1 provides priming signals upstream of caspase-11 but not caspase-4 during murine defense against a cytosol-invasive bacterium. ..
- Xu T, Ni M, Xing Li -, Li X, Meng X, Huang C, et al. NLRC5 regulates TGF-Î²1-induced proliferation and activation of hepatic stellate cells during hepatic fibrosis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;70:92-104 pubmed publisher..b>NLRC5, the largest member of the NLR protein family, has recently been identified as a critical regulator of immune ..
- Liu X, Wu Y, Yang Y, Li W, Huang C, Meng X, et al. Role of NLRC5 in progression and reversal of hepatic fibrosis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;294:43-53 pubmed publisherb>NLRC5, as the largest member of NLRs family, has recently been identified as a critical regulator of immune responses through negatively regulating NF-ÎºB which is associated with the development of hepatic fibrosis...
- Ma S, Xie X. NLRC5 deficiency promotes myocardial damage induced by high fat diet in mice through activating TLR4/NF-ÎºB. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;91:755-766 pubmed publisher..The NOD-like protein family member, NLRC5, could interact with IKKÎ± to inhibit IKK complex activation...
- Gutte P, Jurt S, Grutter M, Zerbe O. Unusual structural features revealed by the solution NMR structure of the NLRC5 caspase recruitment domain. Biochemistry. 2014;53:3106-17 pubmed publisher..b>NLRC5 contains an unclassified N-terminal effector domain that has been reported to interact downstream with the tandem ..
- Bagri P, Anipindi V, Nguyen P, Vitali D, Stampfli M, Kaushic C. Novel Role for Interleukin-17 in Enhancing Type 1 Helper T Cell Immunity in the Female Genital Tract following Mucosal Herpes Simplex Virus 2 Vaccination. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..This has important implications for developing effective vaccines against HSV-2, as we propose that strategies inducing IL-17A in the genital tract may promote more effective Th1 cell immunity and better overall protection. ..
- Ludigs K, Jandus C, Utzschneider D, Staehli F, Bessoles S, Dang A, et al. NLRC5 shields T lymphocytes from NK-cell-mediated elimination under inflammatory conditions. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10554 pubmed publisherb>NLRC5 is a transcriptional regulator of MHC class I (MHCI), which maintains high MHCI expression particularly in T cells...
- Cui J, Zhu L, Xia X, Wang H, Legras X, Hong J, et al. NLRC5 negatively regulates the NF-kappaB and type I interferon signaling pathways. Cell. 2010;141:483-96 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that NLRC5, a member of the highly conserved NOD-like protein family, can inhibit the IKK complex and RIG-I/MDA5 function...
- Benko S, Magalhaes J, Philpott D, Girardin S. NLRC5 limits the activation of inflammatory pathways. J Immunol. 2010;185:1681-91 pubmed publisher..In this study, we present the identification and characterization of NLRC5, a NLR protein whose expression is found predominantly in cells of the myeloid and lymphoid lineages...