Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nkx1-2
Description: NK1 transcription factor related, locus 2 (Drosophila)
Alias: Nkx-1.1, Nkx-1.2, Sax1, NK1 transcription factor-related protein 2, homeobox protein SAX-1, spinal cord axial homeobox gene 1
- The mouse Nkx-1.2 homeobox gene: alternative RNA splicing at canonical and noncanonical splice sitesA C Rovescalli
Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:1982-7. 2000..Nkx-1.2 mRNA was found in embryos in highest abundance in 10-day embryos; the mRNA levels decrease during further development. Nkx-1.2 mRNA also was found in discrete zones of the embryonic mesencephalon and myelencephalon...
- Expression of the novel murine homeobox gene Sax-1 in the developing nervous systemF R Schubert
Abteilung für Molekulare Zellbiologie, Max Planck Institut fur biophysikalische Chemie, Gottingen, Germany
Mech Dev 51:99-114. 1995..0 pc. Ventral shift and finally loss of the signal in the ventral spinal cord was observed in Danforth's short tail homozygotes...
- Role of Hoxa-2 in axon pathfinding and rostral hindbrain patterningA Gavalas
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, College de France, CU de Strasbourg
Development 124:3693-702. 1997..These results point to a novel role for Hoxa-2 in the control of r2-r3 motor axon guidance, and also suggest that its absence may lead to homeotic changes in the alar plates of these rhombomeres...
- Homeodomain-interacting protein kinases, a novel family of co-repressors for homeodomain transcription factorsY H Kim
Laboratory of Molecular Cardiology, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 273:25875-9. 1998..Thus, HIPKs represent a heretofore undescribed family of co-repressors for homeodomain transcription factors...
- Identification of tooth-specific downstream targets of Runx2J S Gaikwad
Department of Orthodontics, Dental Branch, University of Texas at Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gene 279:91-7. 2001..In conclusion, we have successfully generated a library enriched in genes expressed in Runx2(+/+) molar tooth organs and performed preliminary studies to assess the role of Zfp in tooth development...
- Postnatal lethality in mice lacking the Sax2 homeobox gene homologous to Drosophila S59/slouch: evidence for positive and negative autoregulationRuth Simon
Brookdale Center for Developmental and Molecular Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:9046-60. 2003..uncharacterized murine homeobox gene, Sax2, that shows high similarity to the Drosophila S59/slouch and murine Sax1 genes...
- Expression of substance P, neurokinin 1 receptors (NK1) and neurokinin 3 receptors in the developing mouse retina and in the retina of NK1 knockout miceE Catalani
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Universita della Tuscia, Largo dell Università snc, Blocco D, 01100 Viterbo, Italy
Neuroscience 138:487-99. 2006..The observations in neurokinin 1 receptor knockout mice may not be applicable to rats or rabbits, and substance P and neurokinin 1 receptor may play different developmental roles in different species...
- Laminar organization of the early developing anterior hypothalamusAurore Caqueret
Research Center, Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1C5
Dev Biol 298:95-106. 2006..We examined the expression pattern of 10 of the identified genes--Cart, Cbln1, Alcam, Unc-13c, Rgs4, Lnx4, Irx3, Sax1, Ldb2 and Neurod6--by in situ hybridization in E12.5 embryos...
- Mouse Fkbp8 activity is required to inhibit cell death and establish dorso-ventral patterning in the posterior neural tubeRebecca Lee Yean Wong
Center for Environmental and Genetic Medicine, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, The Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, 2121 W Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:587-601. 2008..The mutant Fkbp8 allele is a new experimental model which will be useful in dissecting the pathogenesis of spinal NTDs, and enhance our understanding of the etiology of human NTDs...