Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nkd1
Description: naked cuticle 1
Alias: 2810434J10Rik, 9030215G15Rik, Nkd, protein naked cuticle homolog 1, mNkd, mNkd1, naked cuticle 1 homolog, naked-1
- Nakamura T, Saito D, Kawasumi A, Shinohara K, Asai Y, Takaoka K, et al. Fluid flow and interlinked feedback loops establish left-right asymmetric decay of Cerl2 mRNA. Nat Commun. 2012;3:1322 pubmed publisher..Mathematical modelling and experimental data suggest that these feedback loops behave as a bistable switch that can amplify in a noise-resistant manner a small bias conferred by fluid flow. ..
- Li Q, Ishikawa T, Miyoshi H, Oshima M, Taketo M. A targeted mutation of Nkd1 impairs mouse spermatogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2831-9 pubmedb>Nkd1 is an antagonist of the canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway. The EF-hand motif of Nkd1 is required for its inhibitory function...
- Nakaya M, Biris K, Tsukiyama T, Jaime S, Rawls J, Yamaguchi T. Wnt3a links left-right determination with segmentation and anteroposterior axis elongation. Development. 2005;132:5425-36 pubmed..Thus, Wnt3a links the segmentation clock and AP axis elongation with key left-determining events, suggesting that Wnt3a is an integral component of the trunk organizer. ..
- Zhang S, Cagatay T, Amanai M, Zhang M, Kline J, Castrillon D, et al. Viable mice with compound mutations in the Wnt/Dvl pathway antagonists nkd1 and nkd2. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4454-64 pubmed..Mice and humans have two nkd homologs, nkd1 and nkd2, whose encoded proteins can bind Dsh homologs (the Dvl proteins) and inhibit Wnt signaling...
- O Brien K, Alberich Jorda M, Yadav N, Kocher O, Diruscio A, Ebralidze A, et al. CARM1 is required for proper control of proliferation and differentiation of pulmonary epithelial cells. Development. 2010;137:2147-56 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate for the first time that CARM1 inhibits pulmonary cell proliferation and is required for proper differentiation of alveolar cells. ..