Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nid1
Description: nidogen 1
Alias: A630025O17, Nid, entactin, entactin-1, nidogen-1, nidogen-1, NID-1, Nidogen precursor (Entactin), entactin 1
- Liu J, He X, Corbett S, Lowry S, Graham A, Fassler R, et al. Integrins are required for the differentiation of visceral endoderm. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:233-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that integrins are required for both the stable adhesion and maturation of visceral endoderm, the latter being mediated through the activation of ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK. ..
- Noakes P, Miner J, Gautam M, Cunningham J, Sanes J, Merlie J. The renal glomerulus of mice lacking s-laminin/laminin beta 2: nephrosis despite molecular compensation by laminin beta 1. Nat Genet. 1995;10:400-6 pubmed..Laminin beta 2-deficient mice may provide a model for human congenital or idiopathic nephrotic syndromes...
- Martin N, Jaubert J, Glaser P, Szatanik M, Guenet J. Genetic and physical delineation of the region overlapping the progressive motor neuropathy (pmn) locus on mouse chromosome 13. Genomics. 2001;75:9-16 pubmed
- Miner J, Li C. Defective glomerulogenesis in the absence of laminin alpha5 demonstrates a developmental role for the kidney glomerular basement membrane. Dev Biol. 2000;217:278-89 pubmed
- Kostka G, Giltay R, Bloch W, Addicks K, Timpl R, Fassler R, et al. Perinatal lethality and endothelial cell abnormalities in several vessel compartments of fibulin-1-deficient mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7025-34 pubmed..The data indicate a strong but restricted abnormality in some endothelial compartments which, together with some kidney and lung defects, may be responsible for early death. ..
- DiPersio C, van der Neut R, Georges Labouesse E, Kreidberg J, Sonnenberg A, Hynes R. alpha3beta1 and alpha6beta4 integrin receptors for laminin-5 are not essential for epidermal morphogenesis and homeostasis during skin development. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 17):3051-62 pubmed..These findings show that while alpha3beta1 and alpha6beta4 are both required for integrity of the dermo-epidermal junction, neither one is essential for epidermal morphogenesis during skin development. ..
- Miner J, Li C, Mudd J, Go G, Sutherland A. Compositional and structural requirements for laminin and basement membranes during mouse embryo implantation and gastrulation. Development. 2004;131:2247-56 pubmed..These data suggest that both the molecular composition and the integrity of basement membranes are crucial for early developmental events. ..
- Gilmour D, Lyon G, Carlton M, Sanes J, Cunningham J, Anderson J, et al. Mice deficient for the secreted glycoprotein SPARC/osteonectin/BM40 develop normally but show severe age-onset cataract formation and disruption of the lens. EMBO J. 1998;17:1860-70 pubmed..The lens capsule, however, shows no qualitative changes in the major basal lamina proteins laminin, collagen IV, perlecan or entactin. These mice are an excellent resource for further studies on how SPARC affects cell behaviour in vivo.
- Lange A, Wickström S, Jakobson M, Zent R, Sainio K, Fassler R. Integrin-linked kinase is an adaptor with essential functions during mouse development. Nature. 2009;461:1002-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide genetic evidence that the kinase activity of Ilk is dispensable for mammalian development; however, an interaction between Ilk and alpha-parvin is critical for kidney development. ..
- Gersdorff N, Kohfeldt E, Sasaki T, Timpl R, Miosge N. Laminin gamma3 chain binds to nidogen and is located in murine basement membranes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22146-53 pubmed..Ultrastructural immunogold staining localized the gamma3 chain to basement membranes of these tissues. ..
- Jenkins N, Justice M, Gilbert D, Chu M, Copeland N. Nidogen/entactin (Nid) maps to the proximal end of mouse chromosome 13 linked to beige (bg) and identifies a new region of homology between mouse and human chromosomes. Genomics. 1991;9:401-3 pubmed
- Grahammer F, Wigge C, Schell C, Kretz O, Patrakka J, Schneider S, et al. A flexible, multilayered protein scaffold maintains the slit in between glomerular podocytes. JCI Insight. 2016;1: pubmed
- Semkova I, Kociok N, Karagiannis D, Nischt R, Smyth N, Paulsson M, et al. Anti-angiogenic effect of the basement membrane protein nidogen-1 in a mouse model of choroidal neovascularization. Exp Eye Res. 2014;118:80-8 pubmed publisher..Laser-induced CNV was studied in Nid1(-/-) and Nid2(-/-) mice and wild type (WT) controls by fluorescein angiography, by immune histochemistry of flat-..
- Hudson J, Chen L, Fode C, Binkert C, Dennis J. Sak kinase gene structure and transcriptional regulation. Gene. 2000;241:65-73 pubmed..Using various Sak promoter/luciferase constructs, the core promoter region required for expression was located within 400bp of the message Cap site, and sequence further 5' strongly suppressed transcription. ..
- Tomte L, Annatshah Y, Schlüter N, Miosge N, Herken R, Quondamatteo F. Hematopoietic cells are a source of nidogen-1 and nidogen-2 during mouse liver development. J Histochem Cytochem. 2006;54:593-604 pubmed..We suggest that nidogens may, to some extent, take part in the regulation of hepatic hematopoiesis. ..
- Shiojiri N, Niwa T, Sugiyama Y, Koike T. Preferential expression of connexin37 and connexin40 in the endothelium of the portal veins during mouse liver development. Cell Tissue Res. 2006;324:547-52 pubmed..The differentiation of each blood vessel in the hepatic vascular system may occur in early developmental stages, soon after hepatic primordium formation. ..
- Kim S, Adair Kirk T, Senior R, Miner J. Functional consequences of cell type-restricted expression of laminin ?5 in mouse placental labyrinth and kidney glomerular capillaries. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41348 pubmed publisher..Additional studies showed that endothelium-expressed human LM?5 can support vascularization of the kidney glomerulus, consistent with previous studies using a tissue grafting approach. ..
- Grindley J, Davidson D, Hill R. The role of Pax-6 in eye and nasal development. Development. 1995;121:1433-42 pubmed
- Vissers L, Cox T, Maga A, Short K, Wiradjaja F, Janssen I, et al. Heterozygous mutations of FREM1 are associated with an increased risk of isolated metopic craniosynostosis in humans and mice. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002278 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we present Frem1 mutant mice as the first bona fide mouse model of human metopic craniosynostosis and a new model for midfacial hypoplasia. ..
- Mokkapati S, Baranowsky A, Mirancea N, Smyth N, Breitkreutz D, Nischt R. Basement membranes in skin are differently affected by lack of nidogen 1 and 2. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2259-67 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results indicate that in skin the laminin composition of the various BMs determines whether nidogens are required for their assembly and stabilization. ..
- Shiojiri N, Takeshita K, Yamasaki H, Iwata T. Suppression of C/EBP alpha expression in biliary cell differentiation from hepatoblasts during mouse liver development. J Hepatol. 2004;41:790-8 pubmed..These data suggest that the suppression of C/EBP alpha expression may be prerequisite to biliary cell differentiation in the hepatoblast population and one of its earliest signs. ..
- Kvansakul M, Hopf M, Ries A, Timpl R, Hohenester E. Structural basis for the high-affinity interaction of nidogen-1 with immunoglobulin-like domain 3 of perlecan. EMBO J. 2001;20:5342-6 pubmed..We hypothesize that a second, as yet unidentified, activity of nidogen overlaps with perlecan binding and accounts for the unusually high degree of surface conservation in the G2 domain. ..
- Adam S, Göhring W, Wiedemann H, Chu M, Timpl R, Kostka G. Binding of fibulin-1 to nidogen depends on its C-terminal globular domain and a specific array of calcium-binding epidermal growth factor-like (EG) modules. J Mol Biol. 1997;272:226-36 pubmed..This indicates a complex epitope structure involving domains II and III, which each may provide binding epitopes or stabilize each other. ..
- Takagi J, Yang Y, Liu J, Wang J, Springer T. Complex between nidogen and laminin fragments reveals a paradigmatic beta-propeller interface. Nature. 2003;424:969-74 pubmed
- Petiot A, Conti F, Grose R, Revest J, Hodivala Dilke K, Dickson C. A crucial role for Fgfr2-IIIb signalling in epidermal development and hair follicle patterning. Development. 2003;130:5493-501 pubmed..In addition, Fgf signals are required for the growth and patterning of pelage hairs. ..
- Gustafsson E, Almonte Becerril M, Bloch W, Costell M. Perlecan maintains microvessel integrity in vivo and modulates their formation in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53715 pubmed publisher..Altogether these findings suggest that perlecan supports the maintenance of brain and skin subendothelial BMs and promotes vasculo- and angiogenesis by modulating FGF-2 function. ..
- Bader B, Smyth N, Nedbal S, Miosge N, Baranowsky A, Mokkapati S, et al. Compound genetic ablation of nidogen 1 and 2 causes basement membrane defects and perinatal lethality in mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6846-56 pubmedb>Nidogen 1 and 2 are basement membrane glycoproteins, and previous biochemical and functional studies indicate that they may play a crucial role in basement membrane assembly...
- Godfrey E, Gradall K. Basal lamina molecules are concentrated in myogenic regions of the mouse limb bud. Anat Embryol (Berl). 1998;198:481-6 pubmed..Laminin, collagen type IV and nidogen (entactin) were concentrated in myogenic regions of the limb bud both before and during differentiation of skeletal muscle ..
- Amadou C, Ribouchon M, Mattei M, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, et al. Localization of new genes and markers to the distal part of the human major histocompatibility complex (MHC) region and comparison with the mouse: new insights into the evolution of mammalian genomes. Genomics. 1995;26:9-20 pubmed..Finally, we show that the region found around the breakpoint was involved several times in chromosome recombinations in the mouse lineage, as it seems to correspond also to the t-complex distal inversion point. ..
- Poschl E, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Brachvogel B, Saito K, Ninomiya Y, Mayer U. Collagen IV is essential for basement membrane stability but dispensable for initiation of its assembly during early development. Development. 2004;131:1619-28 pubmed
- Kajino Sakamoto R, Inagaki M, Lippert E, Akira S, Robine S, Matsumoto K, et al. Enterocyte-derived TAK1 signaling prevents epithelium apoptosis and the development of ileitis and colitis. J Immunol. 2008;181:1143-52 pubmed..We propose that aberration in TAK1 signaling might disrupt intestinal homeostasis and favor the development of inflammatory disease. ..
- Voss A, Gruss P, Thomas T. The guanine nucleotide exchange factor C3G is necessary for the formation of focal adhesions and vascular maturation. Development. 2003;130:355-67 pubmed
- Ema M, Faloon P, Zhang W, Hirashima M, Reid T, Stanford W, et al. Combinatorial effects of Flk1 and Tal1 on vascular and hematopoietic development in the mouse. Genes Dev. 2003;17:380-93 pubmed..We propose a model in which the combinatorial effects of Flk1 and Tal1 act to regulate cell fate choice in early development into hematopoietic, endothelial, and smooth muscle lineages. ..
- Smyth N, Vatansever H, Murray P, Meyer M, Frie C, Paulsson M, et al. Absence of basement membranes after targeting the LAMC1 gene results in embryonic lethality due to failure of endoderm differentiation. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:151-60 pubmed..Surprisingly, basement membranes are not necessary for the formation of the first epithelium to develop during embryogenesis, but first become required for extra embryonic endoderm differentiation. ..
- Feng Y, Chen M, Moskowitz I, Mendonza A, Vidali L, Nakamura F, et al. Filamin A (FLNA) is required for cell-cell contact in vascular development and cardiac morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19836-41 pubmed..Essential roles for FLNA in intercellular junctions provide a mechanism for the diverse developmental defects seen in patients with FLNA mutations. ..
- Ries A, Göhring W, Fox J, Timpl R, Sasaki T. Recombinant domains of mouse nidogen-1 and their binding to basement membrane proteins and monoclonal antibodies. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:5119-28 pubmed..Three of the antibodies showed strongly reduced binding to G2 and G3 after complex formation with either a perlecan domain or laminin-1. ..
- Kiyozumi D, Osada A, Sugimoto N, Weber C, Ono Y, Imai T, et al. Identification of a novel cell-adhesive protein spatiotemporally expressed in the basement membrane of mouse developing hair follicle. Exp Cell Res. 2005;306:9-23 pubmed..These results, together, indicate that QBRICK is an adhesive ligand of basement membrane distinctively recognized by cells in the embryonic skin and hair follicles through different types of integrins directed to the Arg-Gly-Asp motif. ..
- Thomas T, Dziadek M. Expression of laminin and nidogen genes during the postimplantation development of the mouse placenta. Biol Reprod. 1993;49:1251-9 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Kiyohashi K, Kakinuma S, Kamiya A, Sakamoto N, Nitta S, Yamanaka H, et al. Wnt5a signaling mediates biliary differentiation of fetal hepatic stem/progenitor cells in mice. Hepatology. 2013;57:2502-13 pubmed publisher..Wnt5a-mediated signaling in fetal hepatic stem/progenitor cells suppresses biliary differentiation. These findings also suggest that activation of CaMKII by Wnt5a signaling suppresses biliary differentiation. (HEPATOLOGY 2013;). ..
- Sasaki T, Göhring W, Mann K, Brakebusch C, Yamada Y, Fassler R, et al. Short arm region of laminin-5 gamma2 chain: structure, mechanism of processing and binding to heparin and proteins. J Mol Biol. 2001;314:751-63 pubmed..Immunological studies showed a similar partial processing in cell culture and tissues and the persistence of the released fragment in tissues. This indicated that both N-terminal regions of the gamma2 chain may have a function in vivo. ..
- Qi Y, Tian X, Liu J, Han Y, Graham A, Simon M, et al. Bnip3 and AIF cooperate to induce apoptosis and cavitation during epithelial morphogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:103-14 pubmed publisher..These results uncover a mechanism of cavitation through hypoxia-induced apoptosis of the core cells mediated by HIFs, Bnip3, and AIF. ..
- Kikkawa Y, Virtanen I, Miner J. Mesangial cells organize the glomerular capillaries by adhering to the G domain of laminin alpha5 in the glomerular basement membrane. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:187-96 pubmed..Our results elucidate a mechanism whereby mesangial cells organize the glomerular capillaries by adhering to the G domain of laminin alpha5 in the GBM. ..
- Neu R, Adams S, Munz B. Differential expression of entactin-1/nidogen-1 and entactin-2/nidogen-2 in myogenic differentiation. Differentiation. 2006;74:573-82 pubmedHere, we show that entactin-2 expression is strongly, but transiently, induced in myogenic differentiation...
- Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Yamamoto R, Kilimann M, Copeland N. Amphiphysin (Amph) maps to the proximal region of mouse chromosome 13. Genomics. 1995;28:363-5 pubmed
- Ayala de la Peña F, Kanasaki K, Kanasaki M, Vong S, Rovira C, Kalluri R. Specific activation of K-RasG12D allele in the bladder urothelium results in lung alveolar and vascular defects. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e95888 pubmed publisher..These defects resemble those observed in early stage human neonatal bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD), although the relevance of this new mouse model for BPD study needs further investigation. ..
- Garbe J, Göhring W, Mann K, Timpl R, Sasaki T. Complete sequence, recombinant analysis and binding to laminins and sulphated ligands of the N-terminal domains of laminin alpha3B and alpha5 chains. Biochem J. 2002;362:213-21 pubmed..These antibodies also allowed the identification of a new laminin assembly form 5B consisting of alpha3B, beta3 and gamma2 chains. ..
- Graus Porta D, Blaess S, Senften M, Littlewood Evans A, Damsky C, Huang Z, et al. Beta1-class integrins regulate the development of laminae and folia in the cerebral and cerebellar cortex. Neuron. 2001;31:367-79 pubmed..The phenotype of the beta1-deficient mice resembles pathological changes observed in human cortical dysplasias, suggesting that defective integrin-mediated signal transduction contributes to the development of some of these diseases. ..
- Ichikawa Tomikawa N, Ogawa J, Douet V, Xu Z, Kamikubo Y, Sakurai T, et al. Laminin Î±1 is essential for mouse cerebellar development. Matrix Biol. 2012;31:17-28 pubmed publisher..A marked reduction in numbers of dendritic processes in Purkinje cells was observed in Lama1(CKO) mice. Together, these results indicate that Lama1 is required for cerebellar development and functions. ..
- Sengle G, Kobbe B, Morgelin M, Paulsson M, Wagener R. Identification and characterization of AMACO, a new member of the von Willebrand factor A-like domain protein superfamily with a regulated expression in the kidney. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50240-9 pubmed..The developmental switch from an AMACO mRNA, expressed by the newborn kidney, to the truncated transcript found in the adult kidney indicates an unusual regulation of AMACO expression. ..
- Marutani T, Yamamoto A, Nagai N, Kubota H, Nagata K. Accumulation of type IV collagen in dilated ER leads to apoptosis in Hsp47-knockout mouse embryos via induction of CHOP. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5913-22 pubmed..5 dpc together with significantly upregulated CHOP mRNA expression. ER stress caused by the accumulation of misfolded collagen may have induced apoptosis in Hsp47-knockout embryos through the upregulation of CHOP. ..
- Lundwall A, Malm J, Clauss A, Valtonen Andre C, Olsson A. Molecular cloning of complementary DNA encoding mouse seminal vesicle-secreted protein SVS I and demonstration of homology with copper amine oxidases. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:1923-30 pubmed..The species difference in size of SVS I is caused by tandem repeats of 18 amino acid residues in the central part of the molecule: The mouse has seven repeats, and the rat has 12 repeats. ..
- Veit G, Kobbe B, Keene D, Paulsson M, Koch M, Wagener R. Collagen XXVIII, a novel von Willebrand factor A domain-containing protein with many imperfections in the collagenous domain. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3494-504 pubmed..Even though the protein is present in the adult sciatic nerve, collagen XXVIII mRNA was only detected in sciatic nerve of newborn mice, indicating that the protein persists for an extended period after synthesis. ..
- Nischt R, Schmidt C, Mirancea N, Baranowsky A, Mokkapati S, Smyth N, et al. Lack of nidogen-1 and -2 prevents basement membrane assembly in skin-organotypic coculture. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:545-54 pubmed
- Petrou P, Pavlakis E, Dalezios Y, Chalepakis G. Basement membrane localization of Frem3 is independent of the Fras1/Frem1/Frem2 protein complex within the sublamina densa. Matrix Biol. 2007;26:652-8 pubmed
- Vasudevan A, Ho M, Weiergräber M, Nischt R, Schneider T, Lie A, et al. Basement membrane protein nidogen-1 shapes hippocampal synaptic plasticity and excitability. Hippocampus. 2010;20:608-20 pubmed publisher..Using nidogen-1 knockout mice, with or without additional heterozygous nidogen-2 knockout (NID1(-/-)/NID2(+/+) or NID1(-/-)/NID2(+/-)), we demonstrate that nidogen is essential for normal neuronal network ..
- Dong L, Chung A. The expression of the genes for entactin, laminin A, laminin B1 and laminin B2 in murine lens morphogenesis and eye development. Differentiation. 1991;48:157-72 pubmedThe temporal expression of the genes for the excellular matrix proteins entactin and the A, B1, and B2 chains of laminin was examined in the eye of the developing mouse embryo by in situ hybridization of their messenger RNAs...
- Crish J, Conti M, Sakai T, Adelstein R, Egelhoff T. Keratin 5-Cre-driven excision of nonmuscle myosin IIA in early embryo trophectoderm leads to placenta defects and embryonic lethality. Dev Biol. 2013;382:136-48 pubmed publisher..5 in the forming epidermis, may be widely useful as drivers for activation of cre/lox based gene excision in early embryo extraembronic trophoblast tissues as well. ..
- Huang J, Arsenault M, Kann M, Lopez Mendez C, Saleh M, Wadowska D, et al. The transcription factor Sry-related HMG box-4 (SOX4) is required for normal renal development in vivo. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:790-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate an essential requirement of Sox4 for normal renal development in vivo. ..
- Danussi C, Petrucco A, Wassermann B, Pivetta E, Modica T, Del Bel Belluz L, et al. EMILIN1-?4/?9 integrin interaction inhibits dermal fibroblast and keratinocyte proliferation. J Cell Biol. 2011;195:131-45 pubmed publisher..In addition, EMILIN1 is identified as a novel ligand for keratinocyte ?9?1 integrin, suggesting prospective roles for this receptor-ligand pair in skin homeostasis. ..
- Sasaki T, Brakebusch C, Engel J, Timpl R. Mac-2 binding protein is a cell-adhesive protein of the extracellular matrix which self-assembles into ring-like structures and binds beta1 integrins, collagens and fibronectin. EMBO J. 1998;17:1606-13 pubmed..Immunological assays demonstrated variable secretion by cultured human cells of M2BP, which was detected in the extracellular matrix of several mouse tissues. ..
- Anderson C, Thorsteinsdóttir S, Borycki A. Sonic hedgehog-dependent synthesis of laminin alpha1 controls basement membrane assembly in the myotome. Development. 2009;136:3495-504 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data indicate that laminin-111 function cannot be compensated by laminin-511. ..
- Aso S, Baba R, Noda S, Ikuno S, Fujita M. Hypoplastic basement membrane of the lens anlage in the inheritable lens aplastic mouse (lap mouse). Teratology. 2000;61:262-72 pubmed..membrane components of the lens anlage, type IV collagen, fibronectin, laminin, heparan sulfate proteoglycan, and entactin and by transmission electron microscopy...
- Smits P, Lefebvre V. Sox5 and Sox6 are required for notochord extracellular matrix sheath formation, notochord cell survival and development of the nucleus pulposus of intervertebral discs. Development. 2003;130:1135-48 pubmed..Through these roles and essential roles in cartilage formation, they are central transcriptional regulators of vertebral column development. ..
- Thomas T, Dziadek M. Expression of collagen alpha 1(IV), laminin and nidogen genes in the embryonic mouse lung: implications for branching morphogenesis. Mech Dev. 1994;45:193-201 pubmed
- Sumiyoshi H, Mor N, Lee S, Doty S, Henderson S, Tanaka S, et al. Esophageal muscle physiology and morphogenesis require assembly of a collagen XIX-rich basement membrane zone. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:591-600 pubmed..Therefore, these findings identify collagen XIX as the first structural determinant of sphincteric muscle function, and as the first extrinsic factor of skeletal myogenesis in the murine esophagus. ..
- Oommen S, Francois M, Kawasaki M, Murrell M, Kawasaki K, Porntaveetus T, et al. Cytoplasmic plaque formation in hemidesmosome development is dependent on SoxF transcription factor function. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43857 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SOXF transcription factors play a role in regulating formation of cytoplasmic plaque protein assembly, and that disrupted SOXF function results in epidermolysis bullosa-like skin phenotypes. ..
- Kingsmore S, Barbosa M, Nguyen Q, Ashley J, Blaydes S, Tchernev V, et al. Physical mapping of the beige critical region on mouse chromosome 13. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:773-5 pubmed
- Mokkapati S, Bechtel M, Reibetanz M, Miosge N, Nischt R. Absence of the basement membrane component nidogen 2, but not of nidogen 1, results in increased lung metastasis in mice. J Histochem Cytochem. 2012;60:280-9 pubmed publisherb>Nidogen 1 and 2 are ubiquitous basement membrane (BM) components. They show a divergent expression pattern in certain adult tissues with a prominent localization of nidogen 2 in blood vessel BMs...
- Ancsin J, Kisilevsky R. Characterization of high affinity binding between laminin and the acute-phase protein, serum amyloid A. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:406-13 pubmed..b>Entactin, another BM protein that functions to cross-link the BM matrix and is normally complexed with laminin, could ..
- Leimeister C, Schumacher N, Diez H, Gessler M. Cloning and expression analysis of the mouse stroma marker Snep encoding a novel nidogen domain protein. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:371-7 pubmed..Furthermore, comparative expression analysis of kidney stroma markers suggests that Snep is expressed in a specific subpopulation of stromal cells and may provide environmental cues to support regular development. ..
- Paulsson M, Deutzmann R, Dziadek M, Nowack H, Timpl R, Weber S, et al. Purification and structural characterization of intact and fragmented nidogen obtained from a tumor basement membrane. Eur J Biochem. 1986;156:467-78 pubmed..The data suggest a multidomain structure for nidogen containing sites highly susceptible to proteolytic cleavage. ..
- Kanasaki K, Kanda Y, Palmsten K, Tanjore H, Lee S, LeBleu V, et al. Integrin beta1-mediated matrix assembly and signaling are critical for the normal development and function of the kidney glomerulus. Dev Biol. 2008;313:584-93 pubmed..Collectively, our studies demonstrate that podocyte beta1 integrin and ILK signaling is critical for postnatal development and function of the glomerular filtration apparatus. ..
- Petrou P, Pavlakis E, Dalezios Y, Galanopoulos V, Chalepakis G. Basement membrane distortions impair lung lobation and capillary organization in the mouse model for fraser syndrome. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10350-6 pubmed..Thus, our findings identify Fras1 as an important structural component of the sub-lamina densa of basement membranes required for lobar septation and the organization of blood capillaries in the peripheral lung. ..
- Barbosa M, Nguyen Q, Tchernev V, Ashley J, Detter J, Blaydes S, et al. Identification of the homologous beige and Chediak-Higashi syndrome genes. Nature. 1996;382:262-5 pubmed..Lyst protein is predicted to form extended helical domains, and has a region of sequence similar to stathmin, a coiled-coil phosphoprotein thought to act as a relay integrating cellular signal response coupling. ..
- Mátés L, Nicolae C, Morgelin M, Deak F, Kiss I, Aszodi A. Mice lacking the extracellular matrix adaptor protein matrilin-2 develop without obvious abnormalities. Matrix Biol. 2004;23:195-204 pubmed
- Kikkawa Y, Mochizuki Y, Miner J, Mitaka T. Transient expression of laminin alpha1 chain in regenerating murine liver: restricted localization of laminin chains and nidogen-1. Exp Cell Res. 2005;305:99-109 pubmed..In addition, SECs isolated from regenerating liver elongated pseudopodia on alpha1-containing laminin more so than did cells from normal liver. The transient expression of laminin alpha1 may promote formation of sinusoids after PHx. ..
- Lebel S, Chen Y, Gingras D, Chung A, Bendayan M. Morphofunctional studies of the glomerular wall in mice lacking entactin-1. J Histochem Cytochem. 2003;51:1467-78 pubmed..This architecture is based on interactions among its components, which assemble in a complex network. Entactin-1 appears to be the mastermind of this assembling...
- Inoue T, Ogawa M, Mikoshiba K, Aruga J. Zic deficiency in the cortical marginal zone and meninges results in cortical lamination defects resembling those in type II lissencephaly. J Neurosci. 2008;28:4712-25 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the Zic genes play critical roles in cortical development through regulating the proliferation of meningeal cells and the pial BM assembly. ..
- Murshed M, Smyth N, Miosge N, Karolat J, Krieg T, Paulsson M, et al. The absence of nidogen 1 does not affect murine basement membrane formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7007-12 pubmedb>Nidogen 1 is a highly conserved protein in mammals, Drosophila melanogaster, Caenorhabditis elegans, and ascidians and is found in all basement membranes...
- Mokkapati S, Fleger Weckmann A, Bechtel M, Koch M, Breitkreutz D, Mayer U, et al. Basement membrane deposition of nidogen 1 but not nidogen 2 requires the nidogen binding module of the laminin gamma1 chain. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1911-8 pubmed publisher..However, though there are similarities, the phenotypes in mice lacking nidogen 1 and 2 (nidogen double null) differ to those of mice lacking the nidogen binding module (?1III4) of the laminin ?..
- Schell C, Kretz O, Bregenzer A, Rogg M, HelmstÃ¤dter M, Lisewski U, et al. Podocyte-Specific Deletion of Murine CXADR Does Not Impair Podocyte Development, Function or Stress Response. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0129424 pubmed publisher..Thus these data indicate that in contrast to lower vertebrate models, mammalian podocytes have acquired molecular programs to compensate for the loss of Cxadr. ..
- Takagi J. [Complex between nidogen and laminin fragments reveals a paradigmatic beta-propeller interface]. Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso. 2003;48:1920-7 pubmed
- Durkin M, Liu S, Reing J, Chung A. Characterization of the 5' end of the mouse Ent gene encoding the basement membrane protein, entactin. Gene. 1993;132:261-6 pubmedb>Entactin (Ent) is a 150-kDa basement membrane glycoprotein that forms a complex with laminin and also binds to type-IV collagen...