Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nfe2
Description: nuclear factor, erythroid derived 2
Alias: NF-E2, NF-E2/P45, p45, p45NFE2, p45nf-e2, transcription factor NF-E2 45 kDa subunit, leucine zipper protein NF-E2, nuclear factor, erythroid derived 2, 45 kDa, nuclear factor, erythroid-derived 2 45 kDa subunit, p45 NF-E2
- Potts K, Sargeant T, Dawson C, Josefsson E, Hilton D, Alexander W, et al. Mouse prenatal platelet-forming lineages share a core transcriptional program but divergent dependence on MPL. Blood. 2015;126:807-16 pubmed publisher..Using gene disruption models of Gata1 and Nfe2, we demonstrate that perturbing essential adult MK genes causes an analogous phenotype in the early embryo before ..
- Oyake T, Itoh K, Motohashi H, Hayashi N, Hoshino H, Nishizawa M, et al. Bach proteins belong to a novel family of BTB-basic leucine zipper transcription factors that interact with MafK and regulate transcription through the NF-E2 site. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:6083-95 pubmed..The results suggest that members of the Bach family play important roles in coordinating transcription activation and repression by MafK. ..
- Tiwari S, Italiano J, Barral D, Mules E, Novak E, Swank R, et al. A role for Rab27b in NF-E2-dependent pathways of platelet formation. Blood. 2003;102:3970-9 pubmed..These results establish a role for Rab27 in platelet synthesis and suggest that Rab27b in particular may coordinate proplatelet formation with granule transport, possibly by recruiting specific effector pathways. ..
- Demers C, Chaturvedi C, Ranish J, Juban G, Lai P, Morle F, et al. Activator-mediated recruitment of the MLL2 methyltransferase complex to the beta-globin locus. Mol Cell. 2007;27:573-84 pubmed
- Kobayashi A, Ito E, Toki T, Kogame K, Takahashi S, Igarashi K, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of a new Cap'n' collar family transcription factor Nrf3. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:6443-52 pubmed..regulatory regions of erythroid-specific genes recognized by the erythroid transcription factor NF-E2, composed of p45 and MafK...
- Zang C, Luyten A, Chen J, Liu X, Shivdasani R. NF-E2, FLI1 and RUNX1 collaborate at areas of dynamic chromatin to activate transcription in mature mouse megakaryocytes. Sci Rep. 2016;6:30255 pubmed publisherMutations in mouse and human Nfe2, Fli1 and Runx1 cause thrombocytopenia. We applied genome-wide chromatin dynamics and ChIP-seq to determine these transcription factors' (TFs) activities in terminal megakaryocyte (MK) maturation...
- Motohashi H, Katsuoka F, Miyoshi C, Uchimura Y, Saitoh H, Francastel C, et al. MafG sumoylation is required for active transcriptional repression. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4652-63 pubmed..regulator of transcription, a repressor in its homodimeric state but an activator when heterodimerized with p45. Here, we report that MafG is conjugated to SUMO-2/3 in vivo...
- Martin F, van Deursen J, Shivdasani R, Jackson C, Troutman A, Ney P. Erythroid maturation and globin gene expression in mice with combined deficiency of NF-E2 and nrf-2. Blood. 1998;91:3459-66 pubmed..For p18 NF-E2, this lack of effect is due, at least in part, to the presence of redundant proteins. For p45 NF-E2, one possibility is that NF-E2-related factors, Nrf-1 or Nrf-2, activate globin gene expression in the ..
- Xu C, Huang M, Shen G, Yuan X, Lin W, Khor T, et al. Inhibition of 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene-induced skin tumorigenesis in C57BL/6 mice by sulforaphane is mediated by nuclear factor E2-related factor 2. Cancer Res. 2006;66:8293-6 pubmed..Taken together, our results show for the first time that Nrf2(-/-) mice are more susceptible to skin tumorigenesis and that the chemopreventive effects of sulforaphane are mediated, at least in part, through Nrf2. ..
- Yasuda Y, Sasaki T, Takagawa M, Maeda M, Yasuda M, Atsumi T, et al. Erythropoietin contributes to implantation: ectopic hemoglobin synthesis in decidual cells of mice. Congenit Anom (Kyoto). 2007;47:22-33 pubmed..This is the first evidence that ectopic Hb synthesis exists and that erythropoietin coregulates erythroid (globin) and nonerythroid (delta-aminolevulinate synthase) genes. ..
- Moroni E, Mastrangelo T, Razzini R, Cairns L, Moi P, Ottolenghi S, et al. Regulation of mouse p45 NF-E2 transcription by an erythroid-specific GATA-dependent intronic alternative promoter. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:10567-76 pubmedThe erythroid-enriched transcription factor NF-E2 is composed of two subunits, p45 and p18, the former of which is mainly expressed in the hematopoietic system...
- Kacena M, Shivdasani R, Wilson K, Xi Y, Troiano N, Nazarian A, et al. Megakaryocyte-osteoblast interaction revealed in mice deficient in transcription factors GATA-1 and NF-E2. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19:652-60 pubmed..These observations show an interaction between megakaryocytes and osteoblasts, which results in osteoblast proliferation and increased bone mass, and may represent heretofore unrecognized anabolic pathways in bone. ..
- Kramer M, Gunaratne P, Ferreira G. Transcriptional regulation of the murine erythroid-specific 5-aminolevulinate synthase gene. Gene. 2000;247:153-66 pubmed..This is the first study to delimit the cis-acting region responsible for activation of the ALAS2 promoter upon dimethyl-sulfoxide induction in MEL cells. ..
- Kashif M, Hellwig A, Hashemolhosseini S, Kumar V, Bock F, Wang H, et al. Nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2 (Nfe2) regulates JunD DNA-binding activity via acetylation: a novel mechanism regulating trophoblast differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:5400-11 pubmed publisherWe recently demonstrated that the bZip transcription factor nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2 (Nfe2) represses protein acetylation and expression of the transcription factor glial cell missing 1 (Gcm1) in trophoblast cells, preventing ..
- Yoder M, Hiatt K, Dutt P, Mukherjee P, Bodine D, Orlic D. Characterization of definitive lymphohematopoietic stem cells in the day 9 murine yolk sac. Immunity. 1997;7:335-44 pubmed..Surprisingly, 37-fold more CD34+c-Kit+ cells reside in the day 9 yolk sac than in the P-Sp. In sum, definitive HSC are coexistent, but not equal in number, in the murine yolk sac and P-Sp prior to fetal liver colonization. ..
- Zhou Z, Li X, Deng C, Ney P, Huang S, BUNGERT J. USF and NF-E2 cooperate to regulate the recruitment and activity of RNA polymerase II in the beta-globin gene locus. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:15894-905 pubmed publisher..The data provide mechanistic insight into how ubiquitous and tissue-restricted transcription factors cooperate to regulate the recruitment and activity of transcription complexes in a tissue-specific chromatin domain. ..
- Shimizu R, Trainor C, Nishikawa K, Kobayashi M, Ohneda K, Yamamoto M. GATA-1 self-association controls erythroid development in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:15862-71 pubmed..These results provide the first convincing line of evidence that the self-association of GATA-1 is important for proper mammalian erythroid development in vivo. ..
- Camerer E, Qazi A, Duong D, Cornelissen I, Advincula R, Coughlin S. Platelets, protease-activated receptors, and fibrinogen in hematogenous metastasis. Blood. 2004;104:397-401 pubmed..Importantly, PAR4 heterozygosity conferred some protection against metastasis in this model. Thus even partial attenuation of platelet function may be sufficient to provide benefit. ..
- Kreimer Birnbaum M, Bannerman R, Russell E, Bernstein S. Pyrrole pigments in normal and congenitally anaemic mice (+:+, W-W v , ha-ha, nb-nb, mk-mk, f-f and sla-Y). Comp Biochem Physiol A Comp Physiol. 1972;43:21-30 pubmed
- Kohli S, Ranjan S, Hoffmann J, Kashif M, Daniel E, Al Dabet M, et al. Maternal extracellular vesicles and platelets promote preeclampsia via inflammasome activation in trophoblasts. Blood. 2016;128:2153-2164 pubmed
- Lecine P, Villeval J, Vyas P, Swencki B, Xu Y, Shivdasani R. Mice lacking transcription factor NF-E2 provide in vivo validation of the proplatelet model of thrombocytopoiesis and show a platelet production defect that is intrinsic to megakaryocytes. Blood. 1998;92:1608-16 pubmed..These observations improve our understanding of platelet production and validate the study of proplatelets in probing the underlying mechanisms. ..
- Kooren J, Palstra R, Klous P, Splinter E, von Lindern M, Grosveld F, et al. Beta-globin active chromatin Hub formation in differentiating erythroid cells and in p45 NF-E2 knock-out mice. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:16544-52 pubmed..Moreover, we used knock-out mice to show that the erythroid transcription factor p45 NF-E2, which has been implicated in beta-globin gene regulation, is dispensable for beta-globin ACH formation.
- Takayama M, Fujita R, Suzuki M, Okuyama R, Aiba S, Motohashi H, et al. Genetic analysis of hierarchical regulation for Gata1 and NF-E2 p45 gene expression in megakaryopoiesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2668-80 pubmed publisherGATA1 and NF-E2 p45 are two important regulators of megakaryopoiesis. Whereas GATA1 is known to regulate the p45 gene, details of the GATA1 contribution to the spatiotemporal expression of the p45 gene remain to be elucidated...
- Kacena M, Gundberg C, Kacena W, Landis W, Boskey A, Bouxsein M, et al. The effects of GATA-1 and NF-E2 deficiency on bone biomechanical, biochemical, and mineral properties. J Cell Physiol. 2013;228:1594-600 pubmed publisher..These findings appear to contradict biomechanical findings, suggesting the need for further research into the mechanisms by which GATA-1 and NF-E2 deficiency alter the material properties of bone. ..
- Shivdasani R, Rosenblatt M, Zucker Franklin D, Jackson C, Hunt P, Saris C, et al. Transcription factor NF-E2 is required for platelet formation independent of the actions of thrombopoietin/MGDF in megakaryocyte development. Cell. 1995;81:695-704 pubmed..We generated mice lacking the hematopoietic subunit (p45) of the heterodimeric erythroid transcription factor NF-E2...
- Cunin P, Penke L, Thon J, Monach P, Jones T, Chang M, et al. Megakaryocytes compensate for Kit insufficiency in murine arthritis. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:1714-1724 pubmed publisher..These findings identify functional redundancy among Kit-dependent hematopoietic lineages and establish an unanticipated capacity of megakaryocytes to mediate IL-1-driven systemic inflammatory disease. ..
- Okada H, Watanabe T, Niki M, Takano H, Chiba N, Yanai N, et al. AML1(-/-) embryos do not express certain hematopoiesis-related gene transcripts including those of the PU.1 gene. Oncogene. 1998;17:2287-93 pubmed..The results suggest that the expression of a particular set of hematopoiesis-related genes is closely correlated with the PEBP2/CBF function. ..
- McCormack M, Hall M, Schoenwaelder S, Zhao Q, Ellis S, Prentice J, et al. A critical role for the transcription factor Scl in platelet production during stress thrombopoiesis. Blood. 2006;108:2248-56 pubmed..These findings suggest that Scl acts up-stream of NF-E2 expression to control megakaryocyte development and platelet release in settings of thrombopoietic stress. ..
- Vakoc C, Letting D, Gheldof N, Sawado T, Bender M, Groudine M, et al. Proximity among distant regulatory elements at the beta-globin locus requires GATA-1 and FOG-1. Mol Cell. 2005;17:453-62 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that GATA-1 and FOG-1 are essential anchors for a tissue-specific chromatin loop, providing general insights into long-range enhancer function. ..
- Moore A, Merad Boudia M, Lehalle D, Massrieh W, Derjuga A, Blank V. Regulation of globin gene transcription by heme in erythroleukemia cells: analysis of putative heme regulatory motifs in the p45 NF-E2 transcription factor. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2006;8:68-75 pubmedThe function of the NF-E2 transcription factor, a p45/small Maf heterodimer, was analyzed in the erythroleukemia cell lines MEL and CB3...
- Motohashi H, Kimura M, Fujita R, Inoue A, Pan X, Takayama M, et al. NF-E2 domination over Nrf2 promotes ROS accumulation and megakaryocytic maturation. Blood. 2010;115:677-86 pubmed publisher..NF-E2 p45 is an essential regulator of megakaryopoiesis, whereas Nrf2 is a key activator of stress-responsive genes...
- Derjuga A, Gourley T, Holm T, Heng H, Shivdasani R, Ahmed R, et al. Complexity of CNC transcription factors as revealed by gene targeting of the Nrf3 locus. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3286-94 pubmed..an absence of Nrf3 does not seem to cause additional lethality in compound Nrf3(-/-)/Nrf2(-/-) and Nrf3(-/-)/p45(-/-) mice...
- Kashif M, Hellwig A, Kolleker A, Shahzad K, Wang H, Lang S, et al. p45NF-E2 represses Gcm1 in trophoblast cells to regulate syncytium formation, placental vascularization and embryonic growth. Development. 2011;138:2235-47 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the placental defect and IUGR of p45NF-E2 (Nfe2) null mouse embryos is unrelated to thrombocytopenia, establishing that embryonic platelets and platelet-released ..
- Yang W, Wang J, Chen Z, Chen J, Meng Y, Chen L, et al. NFE2 Induces miR-423-5p to Promote Gluconeogenesis and Hyperglycemia by Repressing the Hepatic FAM3A-ATP-Akt Pathway. Diabetes. 2017;66:1819-1832 pubmed publisher..The miR-423 precursor gene was further shown to be a target gene of NFE2, which induced miR-423-5p expression to repress the FAM3A-ATP-Akt pathway in cultured hepatocytes...
- Palumbo J, Zogg M, Talmage K, Degen J, Weiler H, Isermann B. Role of fibrinogen- and platelet-mediated hemostasis in mouse embryogenesis and reproduction. J Thromb Haemost. 2004;2:1368-79 pubmed..These findings support the notion that the function of coagulation factors for in utero development and pregnancy is mechanistically distinct from their ability to mediate the formation of hemostatic platelet-fibrin(ogen) aggregates. ..
- Ney P, Andrews N, Jane S, Safer B, Purucker M, Weremowicz S, et al. Purification of the human NF-E2 complex: cDNA cloning of the hematopoietic cell-specific subunit and evidence for an associated partner. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:5604-12 pubmed..Its tissue-specific component, p45 NF-E2, was cloned by use of a low-stringency library screen with murine p45 NF-E2 cDNA (N. C. Andrews, H...
- Igarashi K, Kataoka K, Itoh K, Hayashi N, Nishizawa M, Yamamoto M. Regulation of transcription by dimerization of erythroid factor NF-E2 p45 with small Maf proteins. Nature. 1994;367:568-72 pubmedTranscription factor NF-E2 is crucial for regulating erythroid-specific gene expression. Cloning of the NF-E2 p45 protein has revealed that it contains a basic region-leucine zipper (b-zip) domain which associates with another ..
- Raja K, Gerard B, McKie A, Beaumont C, Simpson R, Grandchamp B, et al. Duodenal expression of NF-E2 in mouse models of altered iron metabolism. Biochem Soc Trans. 1995;23:326S pubmed
- Gasiorek J, Nouhi Z, Blank V. Abnormal differentiation of erythroid precursors in p45 NF-E2(-/-) mice. Exp Hematol. 2012;40:393-400 pubmed publisherThe transcription factor p45 nuclear factor-erythroid-derived 2 (NF-E2) plays major roles in erythroid and megakaryocytic lineages. Here, we investigated the role of p45 NF-E2 in erythroid differentiation in vivo...
- Chan J, Kwong M, Lo M, Emerson R, Kuypers F. Reduced oxidative-stress response in red blood cells from p45NFE2-deficient mice. Blood. 2001;97:2151-8 pubmed..These findings suggest a role for p45NF-E2 in the oxidative-stress response in RBCs and indicate that p45NF-E2 deficiency contributes to the anemia in p45nf-e2(-/-) mice. (Blood. 2001;97:2151-2158) ..
- Lecine P, Italiano J, Kim S, Villeval J, Shivdasani R. Hematopoietic-specific beta 1 tubulin participates in a pathway of platelet biogenesis dependent on the transcription factor NF-E2. Blood. 2000;96:1366-73 pubmed..These findings provide critical mechanistic links between NF-E2, platelet formation, and selected microtubule proteins, and they also provide novel molecular insights into thrombopoiesis. (Blood. 2000;96:1366-1373) ..
- Nagamachi A, Htun P, Ma F, Miyazaki K, Yamasaki N, Kanno M, et al. A 5' untranslated region containing the IRES element in the Runx1 gene is required for angiogenesis, hematopoiesis and leukemogenesis in a knock-in mouse model. Dev Biol. 2010;345:226-36 pubmed publisher..The findings reported here demonstrate the essential roles of the IRES element in Runx1 function under physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Kawahara H, Kasahara M, Nishiyama A, Ohsumi K, Goto T, Kishimoto T, et al. Developmentally regulated, alternative splicing of the Rpn10 gene generates multiple forms of 26S proteasomes. EMBO J. 2000;19:4144-53 pubmed..While the former is thought to perform proteolysis constitutively in a wide variety of cells, the latter may play a specialized role in early embryonic development. ..
- Andrews N, Erdjument Bromage H, Davidson M, Tempst P, Orkin S. Erythroid transcription factor NF-E2 is a haematopoietic-specific basic-leucine zipper protein. Nature. 1993;362:722-8 pubmed..Its tissue-specific component (p45 NF-E2) has been characterized by complementary DNA cloning as a new basic region-leucine zipper protein which ..
- Kuroha T, Takahashi S, Komeno T, Itoh K, Nagasawa T, Yamamoto M. Ablation of Nrf2 function does not increase the erythroid or megakaryocytic cell lineage dysfunction caused by p45 NF-E2 gene disruption. J Biochem. 1998;123:376-9 pubmed..Transcription factor NF-E2 is composed of p45, a large subunit belonging to the CNC family proteins, and a small Maf subunit, and is thought to activate ..
- Motohashi H, Fujita R, Takayama M, Inoue A, Katsuoka F, Bresnick E, et al. Molecular determinants for small Maf protein control of platelet production. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:151-62 pubmed publisherMafG and p45 possess basic region-leucine zipper (bZip) domains and form a heterodimer called NF-E2, a key regulator of megakaryopoiesis...
- Perdomo J, Fock E, Kaur G, Yan F, Khachigian L, Jans D, et al. A monopartite sequence is essential for p45 NF-E2 nuclear translocation, transcriptional activity and platelet production. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:2542-53 pubmed publisherb>p45 NF-E2 is a bZIP transcription factor crucial for thrombopoiesis, as indicated by the fact that loss of p45 NF-E2 function results in dramatic embryonic lethal thrombopoietic defects and its overexpression boosts platelet release...
- Levin J, Peng J, Baker G, Villeval J, Lecine P, Burstein S, et al. Pathophysiology of thrombocytopenia and anemia in mice lacking transcription factor NF-E2. Blood. 1999;94:3037-47 pubmedExpression of the p45 subunit of transcription factor NF-E2 is restricted to selected blood cell lineages, including megakaryocytes and developing erythrocytes...
- Kerrigan S, Gaur M, Murphy R, Shattil S, Leavitt A. Caspase-12: a developmental link between G-protein-coupled receptors and integrin alphaIIbbeta3 activation. Blood. 2004;104:1327-34 pubmed
- Echtler K, Stark K, Lorenz M, Kerstan S, Walch A, Jennen L, et al. Platelets contribute to postnatal occlusion of the ductus arteriosus. Nat Med. 2010;16:75-82 pubmed publisher..A retrospective clinical study revealed that thrombocytopenia is an independent predictor for failure of DA closure in preterm human newborns, indicating that platelets are likely to contribute to DA closure in humans. ..
- Lee T, Shyu Y, Hsu P, Chang C, Wen S, Hsiao W, et al. JNK-mediated turnover and stabilization of the transcription factor p45/NF-E2 during differentiation of murine erythroleukemia cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:52-7 pubmed publisher..We have characterized the signal transduction pathways regulating the catabolisis of p45/NF-E2, a bZIP factor activating the erythroid and megakaryocytic gene transcription...
- Ney P, Farina S, Bodine D, Andrews N, Orkin S, Neinhuis A. Microcytic anemia in mk/mk mice is not corrected by retroviral-mediated gene transfer of wild-type p45 NF-E2. Exp Hematol. 1995;23:74-80 pubmed..The gene for the hematopoietic-specific transcription factor, p45 NF-E2, has been found to cosegregate with the mk phenotype and contain a point mutation in mk/mk mice that results ..
- Fujita R, Takayama Tsujimoto M, Satoh H, Gutierrez L, Aburatani H, Fujii S, et al. NF-E2 p45 is important for establishing normal function of platelets. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2659-70 pubmed publisherNF-E2 is a heterodimeric transcription factor consisting of p45 and small Maf subunits. Since p45(-/-) mice display severe thrombocytopenia, p45 is recognized as a critical regulator of platelet production from megakaryocytes...
- Shivdasani R, Orkin S. Erythropoiesis and globin gene expression in mice lacking the transcription factor NF-E2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:8690-4 pubmed..used homologous recombination in embryonic stem cells to generate mice lacking the hematopoietic-specific subunit, p45 NF-E2...
- Kiekhaefer C, Grass J, Johnson K, Boyer M, Bresnick E. Hematopoietic-specific activators establish an overlapping pattern of histone acetylation and methylation within a mammalian chromatin domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:14309-14 pubmed..As GATA-1 induced H3 acetylation, but not H3-meK4, at the promoter, H3 acetylation and H3-meK4 components of a composite histone modification pattern can be established independently. ..
- Hamilton J, Cornelissen I, Coughlin S. Impaired hemostasis and protection against thrombosis in protease-activated receptor 4-deficient mice is due to lack of thrombin signaling in platelets. J Thromb Haemost. 2004;2:1429-35 pubmed
- Lu S, Rowan S, Bani M, Ben David Y. Retroviral integration within the Fli-2 locus results in inactivation of the erythroid transcription factor NF-E2 in Friend erythroleukemias: evidence that NF-E2 is essential for globin expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:8398-402 pubmed..sequences adjacent to Fli-2 correspond to the coding region of the erythroid-specific DNA binding protein NF-E2 p45. In one erythroleukemia cell line the expression of NF-E2 p45 is undetectable due to proviral integration in one ..
- Wang X, Li C, Xu S, Ishfaq M, Zhang X. NF-E2-related factor 2 deletion facilitates hepatic fatty acids metabolism disorder induced by high-fat diet via regulating related genes in mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2016;94:186-96 pubmed publisher..Changes in fatty acid content were also associated with alteration of the transcription of genes involved in hepatic fatty acid metabolism. ..
- Kacena M, Gundberg C, Nelson T, Horowitz M. Loss of the transcription factor p45 NF-E2 results in a developmental arrest of megakaryocyte differentiation and the onset of a high bone mass phenotype. Bone. 2005;36:215-23 pubmedNF-E2 is a transcription factor required for megakaryocyte differentiation. The phenotype of mice deficient in p45 NF-E2 has been characterized by increased numbers of immature megakaryocytes and the absence of functional platelets...
- Chaturvedi C, Hosey A, Palii C, Perez Iratxeta C, Nakatani Y, Ranish J, et al. Dual role for the methyltransferase G9a in the maintenance of beta-globin gene transcription in adult erythroid cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:18303-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results reveal a dual role for G9a in maintaining proper expression (both repression and activation) of the beta-globin genes in differentiating adult erythroid cells...
- Lee T, Shyu Y, Hsu T, Shen C. Itch regulates p45/NF-E2 in vivo by Lys63-linked ubiquitination. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;375:326-30 pubmed publisherThe hematopoietic-specific transcription factor p45/NF-E2 is an important transcriptional activator in the erythroid and megakaryocytic lineages...
- Igarashi K, Itoh K, Motohashi H, Hayashi N, Matuzaki Y, Nakauchi H, et al. Activity and expression of murine small Maf family protein MafK. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:7615-24 pubmed..half of NF-E2 activity by virtue of forming heterodimers with the large, tissue-restricted subunit of NF-E2 (p45)...
- Kotkow K, Orkin S. Dependence of globin gene expression in mouse erythroleukemia cells on the NF-E2 heterodimer. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:4640-7 pubmed..which binds these sites is a heterodimeric basic leucine zipper protein composed of a tissue-specific subunit, p45 NF-E2, and a smaller subunit, p18 NF-E2, that is widely expressed...
- Gavva N, Gavva R, Ermekova K, Sudol M, Shen C. Interaction of WW domains with hematopoietic transcription factor p45/NF-E2 and RNA polymerase II. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:24105-8 pubmed..By Far-Western blotting and yeast two-hybrid assay, we demonstrate that p45, the large subunit of NF-E2, is capable of binding to a specific set of WW domain-containing proteins, including ..
- Hasselbalch H. A role of NF-E2 in chronic inflammation and clonal evolution in essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia vera and myelofibrosis?. Leuk Res. 2014;38:263-6 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, this novel murine model may also have delivered the proof of concept of chronic inflammation as a trigger and driver of clonal evolution in MPNs. ..
- Mosser E, Kasanov J, Forsberg E, Kay B, Ney P, Bresnick E. Physical and functional interactions between the transactivation domain of the hematopoietic transcription factor NF-E2 and WW domains. Biochemistry. 1998;37:13686-95 pubmed..NF-E2 is a heterodimer consisting of a hematopoietic subunit p45 and a ubiquitous subunit p18. Gavva et al. [Gavva, N. R., Gavva, R., Ermekova, K., Sudol, M., and Shen, J. C...
- Sood R, Sholl L, Isermann B, Zogg M, Coughlin S, Weiler H. Maternal Par4 and platelets contribute to defective placenta formation in mouse embryos lacking thrombomodulin. Blood. 2008;112:585-91 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that fetal prothrombotic mutations can cause localized activation of maternal platelets at the feto-maternal interface in a mother with normal hemostatic function. ..