Genomes and Genes
neuromedin B receptor
Gene Symbol: neuromedin B receptor
Description: neuromedin B receptor
Alias: BB182387, neuromedin-B receptor, NMB-R, neuromedin-B-preferring bombesin receptor
Products: neuromedin B receptor
- Gonzalez N, Nakagawa T, Mantey S, Sancho V, Uehara H, Katsuno T, et al. Molecular basis for the selectivity of the mammalian bombesin peptide, neuromedin B, for its receptor. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;331:265-76 pubmed publisher..The effect at position 199 is primarily due to differences in hydrophobicity of the substitution, whereas steric factors and charge of the substitution at position 203 were important determinants of NMB selectivity. ..
- Ohki Hamazaki H, Wada E, Matsui K, Wada K. Cloning and expression of the neuromedin B receptor and the third subtype of bombesin receptor genes in the mouse. Brain Res. 1997;762:165-72 pubmedWe cloned the genes for the mouse homologue of the neuromedin B receptor (NMB-R) and the bombesin receptor subtype 3 (BRS-3). Both receptor genes consist of three exons with well-conserved intron-exon borders...
- Saito H, Ikeda R, Inoue K, Nagata S, Kitamura K, Minamino N, et al. Neuromedin B stimulates proliferation of mouse chondrogenic cell line ATDC5. Peptides. 2012;36:299-302 pubmed publisher..These results implicate that NMB is involved in cartilage development, either in an autocrine or paracrine manner. ..
- Oliveira K, Paula G, ImpÃ©rio G, Bressane N, MagalhÃ£es C, Miranda Alves L, et al. Hypothalamic-pituitary thyroid axis alterations in female mice with deletion of the neuromedin B receptor gene. Regul Pept. 2014;194-195:30-5 pubmed publisher..Here we studied the thyroid axis of adult female mice lacking neuromedin B receptor (NBR-KO), compared to wild type (WT) littermates...
- Wan L, Jin H, Liu X, Jeffry J, Barry D, Shen K, et al. Distinct roles of NMB and GRP in itch transmission. Sci Rep. 2017;7:15466 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that NMB and GRP may transmit discrete itch information and NMBR neurons are an integral part of neural circuits for itch in the spinal cord. ..
- Zhang W, Xie Q, Wu Z, Wu X, Liang Q. [Expression of NMBR in myometrium in pregnant mice at different gestational ages and its relation with parturition]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2009;34:531-6 pubmedTo investigate the spatiotemporal expression of neuromedin B receptor (NMBR) in mice myometrium at different pregnant stages, as well as its mechanism and relation with parturition...
- Mattei F, Schiavoni G, Borghi P, Venditti M, Canini I, Sestili P, et al. ICSBP/IRF-8 differentially regulates antigen uptake during dendritic-cell development and affects antigen presentation to CD4+ T cells. Blood. 2006;108:609-17 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that, throughout the developmental program of DCs, ICSBP differentially controls Ag uptake and MHC class II (MHC-II) presentation affecting both functions only in differentiated peripheral DCs. ..
- Ohki Hamazaki H, Sakai Y, Kamata K, Ogura H, Okuyama S, Watase K, et al. Functional properties of two bombesin-like peptide receptors revealed by the analysis of mice lacking neuromedin B receptor. J Neurosci. 1999;19:948-54 pubmed..In addition, the behavioral phenotypes of GRP-R-deficient mice were not observed in NMB-R-deficient mice. These data show that the functions of NMB-R and GRP-R are distinct, with only partial overlap. ..
- Zhang W, Fei K, Wu M, Wu X, Liang Q. Neuromedin B and its receptor influence the activity of myometrial primary cells in vitro through regulation of Il6 expression via the Rela/p65 pathway in mice. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:154, 1-7 pubmed publisherThe neuromedin B receptor (Nmbr) is an important physiological regulator of spontaneous activities and stress responses through different cascades as well as its autocrine and paracrine effects...
- Ohki Hamazaki H, Watase K, Yamamoto K, Ogura H, Yamano M, Yamada K, et al. Mice lacking bombesin receptor subtype-3 develop metabolic defects and obesity. Nature. 1997;390:165-9 pubmed..Bombesin-like peptide receptors cloned so far include, gastrin-releasing peptide receptor (GRP-R), neuromedin B receptor (NMB-R), and bombesin receptor subtype-3 (BRS-3)...
- Yamada K, Santo Yamada Y, Wada K. Restraint stress impaired maternal behavior in female mice lacking the neuromedin B receptor (NMB-R) gene. Neurosci Lett. 2002;330:163-6 pubmed..These results indicate that NMB-R-deficient mice suffer more severely from stress and suggest that dysfunction in the NMB/NMB-R pathway may constitute one of the risk factors of stress vulnerability. ..
- Yamada K, Wada E, Yamano M, Sun Y, Ohara Imaizumi M, Nagamatsu S, et al. Decreased marble burying behavior in female mice lacking neuromedin-B receptor (NMB-R) implies the involvement of NMB/NMB-R in 5-HT neuron function. Brain Res. 2002;942:71-8 pubmed..These behavioral and biological results suggest that NMB/NMB-R may modulate 5-HT neuronal activity by affecting DR function. ..
- Yamada K, Santo Yamada Y, Wada K. Stress-induced impairment of inhibitory avoidance learning in female neuromedin B receptor-deficient mice. Physiol Behav. 2003;78:303-9 pubmedNeuromedin B (NMB) is a mammalian bombesin (BN)-like peptide that exerts its function via the neuromedin B receptor (NMB-R)...
- Yeo C, Kang W, Seong S, Cho S, Lee H, Yoon Y, et al. Neuromedin B and its receptor silencing suppresses osteoclast generation by modulating precursor proliferation via M-CSF/c-Fms/D-type cyclins. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:112-119 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study demonstrates that the NMB/NMBR axis plays a pivotal role in osteoclast generation by modulating the proliferation and survival of osteoclast lineage cells. ..
- Shi Y, Stornetta R, Stornetta D, Onengut Gumuscu S, Farber E, Turner S, et al. Neuromedin B Expression Defines the Mouse Retrotrapezoid Nucleus. J Neurosci. 2017;37:11744-11757 pubmed publisher..The other RTN neurons express very high levels of Nmb, but low levels of Kcnk5/Gpr4/pre-pro-galanin/pre-pro-enkephalin, and do not respond to hypercapnia. Their function is unknown. ..