Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Neurog2
Description: neurogenin 2
Alias: Atoh4, Math4A, bHLHa8, ngn-2, ngn2, neurogenin-2, atonal homolog 4, helix-loop-helix protein mATH-4A, protein atonal homolog 4
- Nieto M, Schuurmans C, Britz O, Guillemot F. Neural bHLH genes control the neuronal versus glial fate decision in cortical progenitors. Neuron. 2001;29:401-13 pubmedWe have addressed the role of the proneural bHLH genes Neurogenin2 (Ngn2) and Mash1 in the selection of neuronal and glial fates by neural stem cells...
- Assimacopoulos S, Grove E, Ragsdale C. Identification of a Pax6-dependent epidermal growth factor family signaling source at the lateral edge of the embryonic cerebral cortex. J Neurosci. 2003;23:6399-403 pubmed..We find that the antihem is lost in mice homozygous for the Small eye (Pax6) mutation and suggest the loss of EGF signaling at least partially explains defects in cortical patterning and cell migration in Small eye mice. ..
- Gohlke J, Armant O, Parham F, Smith M, Zimmer C, Castro D, et al. Characterization of the proneural gene regulatory network during mouse telencephalon development. BMC Biol. 2008;6:15 pubmed publisherThe proneural proteins Mash1 and Ngn2 are key cell autonomous regulators of neurogenesis in the mammalian central nervous system, yet little is known about the molecular pathways regulated by these transcription factors...
- Holm P, Mader M, Haubst N, Wizenmann A, Sigvardsson M, Gotz M. Loss- and gain-of-function analyses reveal targets of Pax6 in the developing mouse telencephalon. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;34:99-119 pubmed..expression levels of various transcription factors involved in neurogenesis (like Satb2, Nfia, AP-2gamma, NeuroD6, Ngn2, Tbr2, Bhlhb5) and the retinoic acid signalling molecule Rlbp1 were reduced...
- Machon O, Backman M, Machonova O, Kozmik Z, Vacik T, Andersen L, et al. A dynamic gradient of Wnt signaling controls initiation of neurogenesis in the mammalian cortex and cellular specification in the hippocampus. Dev Biol. 2007;311:223-37 pubmed..canonical Wnt signaling in the developing cortex and delays the expression onset of the neurogenic factors Pax6, Ngn2 and Tbr2 and subsequent neurogenesis...
- Sommer L, Ma Q, Anderson D. neurogenins, a novel family of atonal-related bHLH transcription factors, are putative mammalian neuronal determination genes that reveal progenitor cell heterogeneity in the developing CNS and PNS. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1996;8:221-41 pubmed..Cell 87: 43-52, 1996). Here we identify two additional ngn's, ngn2 and ngn3, which together define a novel subfamily of atonal-related mouse genes...
- Tang M, Villaescusa J, Luo S, Guitarte C, Lei S, Miyamoto Y, et al. Interactions of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and sonic hedgehog regulate the neurogenesis of ventral midbrain dopamine neurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:9280-91 pubmed publisher..activation of beta-catenin signaling in vMB using the Shh-Cre mice show a marked expansion of Sox2-, Ngn2-, and Otx2-positive progenitors but perturbs their cell cycle exit and reduces the generation of dopamine neurons...
- Grove E, Tole S, Limon J, Yip L, Ragsdale C. The hem of the embryonic cerebral cortex is defined by the expression of multiple Wnt genes and is compromised in Gli3-deficient mice. Development. 1998;125:2315-25 pubmed
- Zhou C, Zhao C, Pleasure S. Wnt signaling mutants have decreased dentate granule cell production and radial glial scaffolding abnormalities. J Neurosci. 2004;24:121-6 pubmed
- Flames N, Pla R, Gelman D, Rubenstein J, Puelles L, Marin O. Delineation of multiple subpallial progenitor domains by the combinatorial expression of transcriptional codes. J Neurosci. 2007;27:9682-95 pubmed..Furthermore, the results of microtransplantation experiments in vivo corroborate that anatomically defined regions of the mouse subpallium, such as the medial ganglionic eminence, can be subdivided into functionally distinct domains. ..
- Toresson H, Potter S, Campbell K. Genetic control of dorsal-ventral identity in the telencephalon: opposing roles for Pax6 and Gsh2. Development. 2000;127:4361-71 pubmed..In their place, the dorsal regulators, Pax6, neurogenin 1 and neurogenin 2 are found ectopically...
- Ochiai W, Nakatani S, Takahara T, Kainuma M, Masaoka M, Minobe S, et al. Periventricular notch activation and asymmetric Ngn2 and Tbr2 expression in pair-generated neocortical daughter cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:225-33 pubmed publisher..within the neocortical ventricular zone, we examined at high resolution the spatiotemporal expression patterns of Ngn2 and Tbr2...
- Farkas L, Haffner C, Giger T, Khaitovich P, Nowick K, Birchmeier C, et al. Insulinoma-associated 1 has a panneurogenic role and promotes the generation and expansion of basal progenitors in the developing mouse neocortex. Neuron. 2008;60:40-55 pubmed publisher..Our data imply that Insm1 is involved in the generation and expansion of basal progenitors, a hallmark of neocortex evolution. ..
- Mattar P, Langevin L, Markham K, Klenin N, Shivji S, Zinyk D, et al. Basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors cooperate to specify a cortical projection neuron identity. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1456-69 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate that the proneural basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) gene Ngn2 instructs a partial cortical identity when misexpressed in ventral telencephalic progenitors, inducing ectopic ..
- Ma Q, Fode C, Guillemot F, Anderson D. Neurogenin1 and neurogenin2 control two distinct waves of neurogenesis in developing dorsal root ganglia. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1717-28 pubmed..b>ngn2 is required primarily if not exclusively for the generation of trkC+ and trkB+ neurons, whereas the generation of ..
- Scardigli R, Baumer N, Gruss P, Guillemot F, Le Roux I. Direct and concentration-dependent regulation of the proneural gene Neurogenin2 by Pax6. Development. 2003;130:3269-81 pubmed..They also provide evidence that Pax6 expression gradients are involved in establishing borders of gene expression domains in different regions of the nervous system. ..
- Ota M, Ito K. BMP and FGF-2 regulate neurogenin-2 expression and the differentiation of sensory neurons and glia. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:646-55 pubmed..Our data suggest that BMP and FGF-2 act as positive and negative regulators in ngn-2 expression, respectively, and that these signaling molecules regulate the differentiation of sensory neurons and glia. ..
- Stolt C, Schlierf A, Lommes P, Hillgärtner S, Werner T, Kosian T, et al. SoxD proteins influence multiple stages of oligodendrocyte development and modulate SoxE protein function. Dev Cell. 2006;11:697-709 pubmed..Our studies reveal a complex regulatory network between different groups of Sox proteins that is essential for proper progression of oligodendrocyte development. ..
- Castro D, Skowronska Krawczyk D, Armant O, Donaldson I, Parras C, Hunt C, et al. Proneural bHLH and Brn proteins coregulate a neurogenic program through cooperative binding to a conserved DNA motif. Dev Cell. 2006;11:831-44 pubmed..We thus propose that Mash1 synergizes with Brn factors to regulate multiple steps of neurogenesis. ..
- Andersson E, Prakash N, Cajanek L, Minina E, Bryja V, Bryjova L, et al. Wnt5a regulates ventral midbrain morphogenesis and the development of A9-A10 dopaminergic cells in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3517 pubmed publisher..Sonic hedgehog-expressing domain was broadened and flattened, a typical CE phenotype, and the domains occupied by Ngn2+ DA progenitors, NR4A2+ DA precursors and TH+ DA neurons were rostrocaudally reduced and laterally expanded...
- Bulchand S, Grove E, Porter F, Tole S. LIM-homeodomain gene Lhx2 regulates the formation of the cortical hem. Mech Dev. 2001;100:165-75 pubmed..The defect in the Lhx2-/- telencephalon appears to be at this step. ..
- Kriks S, Lanuza G, Mizuguchi R, Nakafuku M, Goulding M. Gsh2 is required for the repression of Ngn1 and specification of dorsal interneuron fate in the spinal cord. Development. 2005;132:2991-3002 pubmed..Our results provide evidence that genetic interactions involving repression of Ngn1 by Gsh2 promote the differentiation of dI3 neurons from class A progenitors. ..
- Kroll T, O Leary D. Ventralized dorsal telencephalic progenitors in Pax6 mutant mice generate GABA interneurons of a lateral ganglionic eminence fate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:7374-9 pubmed..Thus, Pax6 delimits the appropriate proliferative zone for GABA INs and regulates their numbers and distributions by repressing the ventral fates of dTel progenitors and progeny. ..
- Brill M, Ninkovic J, Winpenny E, Hodge R, Ozen I, Yang R, et al. Adult generation of glutamatergic olfactory bulb interneurons. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1524-33 pubmed publisher..Fate mapping revealed that these originate from Neurog2- and Tbr2-expressing progenitors located in the dorsal region of the SEZ...
- Hebert J, Hayhurst M, Marks M, Kulessa H, Hogan B, McConnell S. BMP ligands act redundantly to pattern the dorsal telencephalic midline. Genesis. 2003;35:214-9 pubmed
- Ozen I, Galichet C, Watts C, Parras C, Guillemot F, Raineteau O. Proliferating neuronal progenitors in the postnatal hippocampus transiently express the proneural gene Ngn2. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:2591-603 pubmed..Here, we study the expression of the proneural basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor Neurogenin-2 (Ngn2) in the adult hippocampus...
- Nakagawa Y, O Leary D. Combinatorial expression patterns of LIM-homeodomain and other regulatory genes parcellate developing thalamus. J Neurosci. 2001;21:2711-25 pubmed..include five LIM-homeodomain transcription factors (Isl1, Lhx1, Lhx2, Lhx5, and Lhx9) and three other genes (Gbx2, Ngn2, and Pax6), that are differentially expressed in dTh and vTh of early postnatal mice in distinct but overlapping ..
- Andersson E, Jensen J, Parmar M, Guillemot F, Bjorklund A. Development of the mesencephalic dopaminergic neuron system is compromised in the absence of neurogenin 2. Development. 2006;133:507-16 pubmedb>Neurogenin 2 (Ngn2) is a proneural gene involved in neuronal differentiation and subtype specification in various regions of the nervous system...
- Tokunaga A, Kohyama J, Yoshida T, Nakao K, Sawamoto K, Okano H. Mapping spatio-temporal activation of Notch signaling during neurogenesis and gliogenesis in the developing mouse brain. J Neurochem. 2004;90:142-54 pubmed..Taken together, the present method has enabled us to determine the timing, gradients, and boundaries of the activation of Notch signaling. ..
- Fode C, Ma Q, Casarosa S, Ang S, Anderson D, Guillemot F. A role for neural determination genes in specifying the dorsoventral identity of telencephalic neurons. Genes Dev. 2000;14:67-80 pubmedNeurogenin1 (Ngn1), Neurogenin2 (Ngn2), and Mash1 encode bHLH transcription factors with neuronal determination functions...
- Seibt J, Schuurmans C, Gradwhol G, Dehay C, Vanderhaeghen P, Guillemot F, et al. Neurogenin2 specifies the connectivity of thalamic neurons by controlling axon responsiveness to intermediate target cues. Neuron. 2003;39:439-52 pubmed..Unexpectedly, Ngn2 determines the projection of thalamic neurons to specific cortical domains by specifying the responsiveness of ..
- Shimojo H, Ohtsuka T, Kageyama R. Oscillations in notch signaling regulate maintenance of neural progenitors. Neuron. 2008;58:52-64 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, the proneural gene Neurogenin2 (Ngn2) and the Notch ligand Delta-like1 (Dll1) are also expressed in an oscillatory manner by neural progenitors, and ..
- Kataoka A, Shimogori T. Fgf8 controls regional identity in the developing thalamus. Development. 2008;135:2873-81 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that two distinctive populations in p2, which can be distinguished by Ngn2 and Mash1 in early embryonic diencephalon, are controlled by Fgf8 activity in complementary manner...
- Kele J, Simplicio N, Ferri A, Mira H, Guillemot F, Arenas E, et al. Neurogenin 2 is required for the development of ventral midbrain dopaminergic neurons. Development. 2006;133:495-505 pubmed..b>Neurogenin 2 (Ngn2) and Mash1 are expressed in the ventral midline, while Ngn1, Ngn2 and Mash1 are co-localized more ..
- Nery S, Fishell G, Corbin J. The caudal ganglionic eminence is a source of distinct cortical and subcortical cell populations. Nat Neurosci. 2002;5:1279-87 pubmed..Moreover, we report that the migratory fate of cells from the CGE is intrinsically determined by embryonic day 13.5 (E13.5). Together, these results provide the first insights into the development and fate of the CGE. ..
- Schuurmans C, Armant O, Nieto M, Stenman J, Britz O, Klenin N, et al. Sequential phases of cortical specification involve Neurogenin-dependent and -independent pathways. EMBO J. 2004;23:2892-902 pubmed..Ngn1 and Ngn2 are required to specify the cortical (regional), glutamatergic (neurotransmitter) and laminar (temporal) characters ..
- Taylor M, Yeager K, Morrison S. Physiological Notch signaling promotes gliogenesis in the developing peripheral and central nervous systems. Development. 2007;134:2435-47 pubmed..These results demonstrate that physiological Notch signaling is required for gliogenesis in vivo, independent of the role of Notch in the maintenance of undifferentiated neural progenitors. ..
- Montelius A, Marmigere F, Baudet C, Aquino J, Enerback S, Ernfors P. Emergence of the sensory nervous system as defined by Foxs1 expression. Differentiation. 2007;75:404-17 pubmed..These data define a sequential emergence of neuronal precursors of the sensory nervous system with different molecular characteristics, starting during migration and continuing well after DRG condensation. ..
- Vyas A, Saha B, Lai E, Tole S. Paleocortex is specified in mice in which dorsal telencephalic patterning is severely disrupted. J Comp Neurol. 2003;466:545-53 pubmed..Furthermore, our in vitro data reveal that, if mechanisms outside the lateral telencephalon are involved in the specification of the paleocortex, they must act extremely early, prior to E10.5. ..
- Peltopuro P, Kala K, Partanen J. Distinct requirements for Ascl1 in subpopulations of midbrain GABAergic neurons. Dev Biol. 2010;343:63-70 pubmed publisher..Also, our results have implications on understanding the origins of the various midbrain GABAergic neuron groups in the embryonic neuroepithelium. ..
- Zirlinger M, Lo L, McMahon J, McMahon A, Anderson D. Transient expression of the bHLH factor neurogenin-2 marks a subpopulation of neural crest cells biased for a sensory but not a neuronal fate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:8084-9 pubmed..Cre recombinase-based fate mapping system, we have permanently marked a subpopulation of NCCs that expresses Ngn2, a bHLH transcription factor required for sensory neurogenesis, and compared its fate to the bulk NCC population ..
- Fode C, Gradwohl G, Morin X, Dierich A, LeMeur M, Goridis C, et al. The bHLH protein NEUROGENIN 2 is a determination factor for epibranchial placode-derived sensory neurons. Neuron. 1998;20:483-94 pubmed..We show here that the murine ngn2 gene is essential for development of the epibranchial placode-derived cranial sensory ganglia...
- Corbin J, Gaiano N, Machold R, Langston A, Fishell G. The Gsh2 homeodomain gene controls multiple aspects of telencephalic development. Development. 2000;127:5007-20 pubmed..Taken together, our data support a model in which Gsh2, in response to sonic hedgehog signaling, plays a crucial role in multiple aspects of telencephalic development. ..
- Galichet C, Guillemot F, Parras C. Neurogenin 2 has an essential role in development of the dentate gyrus. Development. 2008;135:2031-41 pubmed publisher..The proneural factors Mash1 (Ascl1) and neurogenin 2 (Ngn2) are expressed during formation of the DG but their role in the development of this structure has not yet ..
- Tang M, Miyamoto Y, Huang E. Multiple roles of beta-catenin in controlling the neurogenic niche for midbrain dopamine neurons. Development. 2009;136:2027-38 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that beta-catenin-mediated signaling pathways can be targeted to promote and expand DA neurons in cell-based therapeutic strategies. ..
- Gowan K, Helms A, Hunsaker T, Collisson T, Ebert P, Odom R, et al. Crossinhibitory activities of Ngn1 and Math1 allow specification of distinct dorsal interneurons. Neuron. 2001;31:219-32 pubmed..Together, the data suggest that although Math1 and Ngn1 appear to be redundant with respect to neurogenesis, they have distinct functions in specifying neuronal subtype in the dorsal neural tube. ..
- Backman M, Machon O, Mygland L, van den Bout C, Zhong W, Taketo M, et al. Effects of canonical Wnt signaling on dorso-ventral specification of the mouse telencephalon. Dev Biol. 2005;279:155-68 pubmed..in the telencephalon before neurogenesis results in downregulated expression of dorsal markers Emx1, Emx2 and Ngn2, and in ectopic up-regulation of ventral markers Gsh2, Mash1 and Dlx2 in the pallium...
- Nakazaki H, Reddy A, Mania Farnell B, Shen Y, Ichi S, McCabe C, et al. Key basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor genes Hes1 and Ngn2 are regulated by Pax3 during mouse embryonic development. Dev Biol. 2008;316:510-23 pubmed publisher..shift assays, we show that Pax3 regulates Hairy and enhancer of split homolog-1 (Hes1) and Neurogenin2 (Ngn2) by directly binding to their promoters...
- Lee S, Pfaff S. Synchronization of neurogenesis and motor neuron specification by direct coupling of bHLH and homeodomain transcription factors. Neuron. 2003;38:731-45 pubmed..To address this, we examined how bHLH proteins Ngn2 and NeuroM controlling neurogenesis functionally converge with LIM-homeodomain (LIM-HD) factors Isl1 and Lhx3 ..
- Vue T, Aaker J, Taniguchi A, Kazemzadeh C, Skidmore J, Martin D, et al. Characterization of progenitor domains in the developing mouse thalamus. J Comp Neurol. 2007;505:73-91 pubmed..2, Mash1, and Olig3. pTH-C is caudal to pTH-R and expresses Ngn1, Ngn2, and Olig3...
- Ge W, He F, Kim K, Blanchi B, Coskun V, Nguyen L, et al. Coupling of cell migration with neurogenesis by proneural bHLH factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1319-24 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that transcription programs for neurogenesis and migration are regulated by bHLH factors through partially distinct mechanisms. ..
- Ribes V, Stutzmann F, Bianchetti L, Guillemot F, Dolle P, Le Roux I. Combinatorial signalling controls Neurogenin2 expression at the onset of spinal neurogenesis. Dev Biol. 2008;321:470-81 pubmed publisher..To address this issue, we focused on the function and the regulation of the proneural gene Neurogenin2 (Neurog2) during early mouse spinal neurogenesis...
- Nakatani T, Minaki Y, Kumai M, Ono Y. Helt determines GABAergic over glutamatergic neuronal fate by repressing Ngn genes in the developing mesencephalon. Development. 2007;134:2783-93 pubmed..Furthermore, we identified proneural genes Ngn1 and Ngn2, which were selectively expressed in glutamatergic progenitors in the developing mesencephalon and had the ability ..
- Heng J, Nguyen L, Castro D, Zimmer C, Wildner H, Armant O, et al. Neurogenin 2 controls cortical neuron migration through regulation of Rnd2. Nature. 2008;455:114-8 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the proneural protein neurogenin 2 (Neurog2), which controls neurogenesis in the embryonic cerebral cortex, directly induces the expression of the ..
- Joksimovic M, Yun B, Kittappa R, Anderegg A, Chang W, Taketo M, et al. Wnt antagonism of Shh facilitates midbrain floor plate neurogenesis. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:125-31 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate how the dynamic interplay of canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and Shh may orchestrate floor plate neurogenesis or a lack thereof. ..
- Philips G, Stair C, Young Lee H, Wroblewski E, Berberoglu M, Brown N, et al. Precocious retinal neurons: Pax6 controls timing of differentiation and determination of cell type. Dev Biol. 2005;279:308-21 pubmed..Subsequently, precocious neurons adopted a generic rather than a specific retinal neuron fate. Thus, Pax6 regulates the timing of retinal neurogenesis and couples it with specific neuron differentiation programs. ..
- Roybon L, Deierborg T, Brundin P, Li J. Involvement of Ngn2, Tbr and NeuroD proteins during postnatal olfactory bulb neurogenesis. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;29:232-43 pubmed publisher..and neuronal precursors through the transient expression of the bHLH transcription factors Olig2 and neurogenin2 (Ngn2), respectively...
- Nelson B, Hartman B, Ray C, Hayashi T, Bermingham McDonogh O, Reh T. Acheate-scute like 1 (Ascl1) is required for normal delta-like (Dll) gene expression and notch signaling during retinal development. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2163-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results suggest a molecular mechanism whereby attenuated Notch levels coupled with reduced proneurogenic activity in progenitors leads to increased gliogenesis and decreased neurogenesis in the Ascl1-deficient retina. ..
- Cholfin J, Rubenstein J. Patterning of frontal cortex subdivisions by Fgf17. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7652-7 pubmed..Thus, Fgf17 functions similar to Fgf8 in patterning the overall neocortical map but has a more selective role in regulating the properties of the dorsal but not ventral FC. ..
- Yun K, Potter S, Rubenstein J. Gsh2 and Pax6 play complementary roles in dorsoventral patterning of the mammalian telencephalon. Development. 2001;128:193-205 pubmed..The role of Pax6 in dorsalizing the telencephalon is similar to its role in the spinal cord, supporting the hypothesis that some dorsoventral patterning mechanisms are used at all axial levels of the central nervous system. ..
- Lu Q, Sun T, Zhu Z, Ma N, Garcia M, Stiles C, et al. Common developmental requirement for Olig function indicates a motor neuron/oligodendrocyte connection. Cell. 2002;109:75-86 pubmed..Neither Olig gene is required for astrocytes. These findings, together with fate mapping analysis of Olig-expressing cells, indicate that oligodendrocytes are derived from Olig-specified progenitors that give rise also to neurons. ..
- Toresson H, Campbell K. A role for Gsh1 in the developing striatum and olfactory bulb of Gsh2 mutant mice. Development. 2001;128:4769-80 pubmed
- Ono Y, Nakatani T, Sakamoto Y, Mizuhara E, Minaki Y, Kumai M, et al. Differences in neurogenic potential in floor plate cells along an anteroposterior location: midbrain dopaminergic neurons originate from mesencephalic floor plate cells. Development. 2007;134:3213-25 pubmed..Our data provide insights into the mechanisms of specification and generation of mesDA neurons, and illustrate a useful cell replacement approach for Parkinson's disease. ..
- Ma Q, Chen Z, del Barco Barrantes I, de la Pompa J, Anderson D. neurogenin1 is essential for the determination of neuronal precursors for proximal cranial sensory ganglia. Neuron. 1998;20:469-82 pubmed..1996), these data and those of Fode et al. (1998 [this issue of Neuron]) identify ngns as vertebrate neuronal determination genes, analogous to myoD and myf5 in myogenesis. ..
- Parras C, Schuurmans C, Scardigli R, Kim J, Anderson D, Guillemot F. Divergent functions of the proneural genes Mash1 and Ngn2 in the specification of neuronal subtype identity. Genes Dev. 2002;16:324-38 pubmedThe neural bHLH genes Mash1 and Ngn2 are expressed in complementary populations of neural progenitors in the central and peripheral nervous systems...
- Britz O, Mattar P, Nguyen L, Langevin L, Zimmer C, Alam S, et al. A role for proneural genes in the maturation of cortical progenitor cells. Cereb Cortex. 2006;16 Suppl 1:i138-51 pubmedWe showed previously that the proneural genes Neurogenin1 (Ngn1) and Ngn2 are required to specify the phenotypes of early- and not late-born neurons in the neocortex, acting in part through repression of Mash1, a third cortically ..
- Lee S, Lee B, Ruiz E, Pfaff S. Olig2 and Ngn2 function in opposition to modulate gene expression in motor neuron progenitor cells. Genes Dev. 2005;19:282-94 pubmed..Previous studies have shown that Olig2 primes pMN cells to become motor neurons by triggering the expression of Ngn2 and Lhx3...
- Heins N, Malatesta P, Cecconi F, Nakafuku M, Tucker K, Hack M, et al. Glial cells generate neurons: the role of the transcription factor Pax6. Nat Neurosci. 2002;5:308-15 pubmed..These results demonstrated an important role of Pax6 as intrinsic fate determinant of the neurogenic potential of glial cells. ..