Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Neurog1
Description: neurogenin 1
Alias: AKA, Math4C, Neurod3, bHLHa6, ngn1, neurogenin-1, NGN-1, helix-loop-helix protein mATH-4C, neurogenic basic-helix-loop-helix protein, neurogenic differentiation 3, neurogenic differentiation factor 3
- Gohlke J, Armant O, Parham F, Smith M, Zimmer C, Castro D, et al. Characterization of the proneural gene regulatory network during mouse telencephalon development. BMC Biol. 2008;6:15 pubmed publisher..Together, these data shed light on the molecular pathways regulated by proneural genes and demonstrate that the integration of experimentation with bioinformatics can guide both hypothesis testing and hypothesis generation. ..
- Bermingham N, Hassan B, Wang V, Fernandez M, Banfi S, Bellen H, et al. Proprioceptor pathway development is dependent on Math1. Neuron. 2001;30:411-22 pubmed..We also identify three downstream genes of Math1 (Lh2A, Lh2B, and Barhl1) and establish that Math1 governs the development of multiple components of the proprioceptive pathway. ..
- Pan W, Jin Y, STANGER B, Kiernan A. Notch signaling is required for the generation of hair cells and supporting cells in the mammalian inner ear. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:15798-803 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Notch specifies sensory progenitors in the inner ear, and that induction of Notch may be important for regenerating or replacing hair cells and supporting cells in the mammalian inner ear. ..
- Kim E, Hori K, Wyckoff A, Dickel L, Koundakjian E, Goodrich L, et al. Spatiotemporal fate map of neurogenin1 (Neurog1) lineages in the mouse central nervous system. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:1355-70 pubmed publisherNeurog1 (Ngn1, Neurod3, neurogenin1) is a basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor essential for neuronal differentiation and subtype specification during embryogenesis...
- Gokoffski K, Wu H, Beites C, Kim J, Kim E, Matzuk M, et al. Activin and GDF11 collaborate in feedback control of neuroepithelial stem cell proliferation and fate. Development. 2011;138:4131-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrate a close connection between the signals involved in the control of tissue size and those that regulate the proportions of different cell types...
- Hirota J, Mombaerts P. The LIM-homeodomain protein Lhx2 is required for complete development of mouse olfactory sensory neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8751-5 pubmed..OSN development appears to be arrested between the terminal differentiation into neurons and the transition to immature neurons. Thus, Lhx2 is required for complete development of OSNs in mice. ..
- Pan N, Jahan I, Kersigo J, Kopecky B, Santi P, Johnson S, et al. Conditional deletion of Atoh1 using Pax2-Cre results in viable mice without differentiated cochlear hair cells that have lost most of the organ of Corti. Hear Res. 2011;275:66-80 pubmed publisher..This pattern of innervation by sensory neurons is maintained at least until P14, but fibers target the few Myo7a positive cells found in later stages. ..
- Ma Q, Chen Z, del Barco Barrantes I, de la Pompa J, Anderson D. neurogenin1 is essential for the determination of neuronal precursors for proximal cranial sensory ganglia. Neuron. 1998;20:469-82 pubmed..The NEUROGENINS (NGNs) are neural-specific basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors. Mouse embryos lacking ngn1 fail to generate the proximal subset of cranial sensory neurons...
- Koundakjian E, Appler J, Goodrich L. Auditory neurons make stereotyped wiring decisions before maturation of their targets. J Neurosci. 2007;27:14078-88 pubmed..These findings suggest that Neurogenin1 precursors possess intrinsic programs of differentiation that direct early auditory circuit assembly events before the maturation of presynaptic and postsynaptic target cells. ..
- Cau E, Casarosa S, Guillemot F. Mash1 and Ngn1 control distinct steps of determination and differentiation in the olfactory sensory neuron lineage. Development. 2002;129:1871-80 pubmed..These results illustrate the versatility of neural bHLH genes which adopt either a determination or a differentiation function, depending primarily on the timing of their expression in neural progenitors. ..
- Kawauchi S, Shou J, Santos R, Hebert J, McConnell S, Mason I, et al. Fgf8 expression defines a morphogenetic center required for olfactory neurogenesis and nasal cavity development in the mouse. Development. 2005;132:5211-23 pubmed
- McNay D, Pelling M, Claxton S, Guillemot F, Ang S. Mash1 is required for generic and subtype differentiation of hypothalamic neuroendocrine cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1623-32 pubmed..These data demonstrate that Mash1 is both required for the generation of ventral neuroendocrine neurons as well as playing a central role in subtype specification of these neurons. ..
- Seo S, Lim J, Yellajoshyula D, Chang L, Kroll K. Neurogenin and NeuroD direct transcriptional targets and their regulatory enhancers. EMBO J. 2007;26:5093-108 pubmed
- Duggan C, DeMaria S, Baudhuin A, Stafford D, Ngai J. Foxg1 is required for development of the vertebrate olfactory system. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5229-39 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we identified an evolutionarily conserved requirement for Foxg1 in the development of the vertebrate olfactory system. ..
- Cau E, Gradwohl G, Fode C, Guillemot F. Mash1 activates a cascade of bHLH regulators in olfactory neuron progenitors. Development. 1997;124:1611-21 pubmed..In this study, we report the isolation of a novel murine gene, Math4C/neurogenin1, which is distantly related to the Drosophila proneural gene atonal...
- Schuurmans C, Armant O, Nieto M, Stenman J, Britz O, Klenin N, et al. Sequential phases of cortical specification involve Neurogenin-dependent and -independent pathways. EMBO J. 2004;23:2892-902 pubmed..b>Ngn1 and Ngn2 are required to specify the cortical (regional), glutamatergic (neurotransmitter) and laminar (temporal) ..
- Huang H, Liu M, El Hodiri H, Chu K, Jamrich M, Tsai M. Regulation of the pancreatic islet-specific gene BETA2 (neuroD) by neurogenin 3. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3292-307 pubmed..Based on these results, we hypothesize that ngn3 is involved in activating the expression of BETA2 at an early stage of islet cell differentiation through the E boxes in the BETA2 promoter. ..
- Ma Q, Kintner C, Anderson D. Identification of neurogenin, a vertebrate neuronal determination gene. Cell. 1996;87:43-52 pubmed..The properties of X-NGNR-1 are thus analogous to those of the Drosophila proneural genes, suggesting that it functions as a vertebrate neuronal determination factor. ..
- Kawauchi S, Kim J, Santos R, Wu H, Lander A, Calof A. Foxg1 promotes olfactory neurogenesis by antagonizing Gdf11. Development. 2009;136:1453-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, the pro-neurogenic effects of Foxg1 are likely to be mediated through different signaling pathways in different parts of the nervous system. ..
- Sommer L, Ma Q, Anderson D. neurogenins, a novel family of atonal-related bHLH transcription factors, are putative mammalian neuronal determination genes that reveal progenitor cell heterogeneity in the developing CNS and PNS. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1996;8:221-41 pubmed..The ngn's therefore represent both a family of putative mammalian neuronal determination genes and useful markers of the origins of neuronal diversity. ..
- Matei V, Pauley S, Kaing S, Rowitch D, Beisel K, Morris K, et al. Smaller inner ear sensory epithelia in Neurog 1 null mice are related to earlier hair cell cycle exit. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:633-50 pubmed..Neurog 1 null mice show a truncation of clonal expansion of hair cell precursors through temporally altered terminal mitosis, thereby resulting in smaller sensory epithelia. ..
- Fode C, Ma Q, Casarosa S, Ang S, Anderson D, Guillemot F. A role for neural determination genes in specifying the dorsoventral identity of telencephalic neurons. Genes Dev. 2000;14:67-80 pubmedNeurogenin1 (Ngn1), Neurogenin2 (Ngn2), and Mash1 encode bHLH transcription factors with neuronal determination functions...
- Parras C, Schuurmans C, Scardigli R, Kim J, Anderson D, Guillemot F. Divergent functions of the proneural genes Mash1 and Ngn2 in the specification of neuronal subtype identity. Genes Dev. 2002;16:324-38 pubmed
- Ma Q, Anderson D, Fritzsch B. Neurogenin 1 null mutant ears develop fewer, morphologically normal hair cells in smaller sensory epithelia devoid of innervation. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2000;1:129-43 pubmedThe proneuronal gene neurogenin 1 (ngn1) is essential for development of the inner-ear sensory neurons that are completely absent in ngn1 null mutants...
- Kele J, Simplicio N, Ferri A, Mira H, Guillemot F, Arenas E, et al. Neurogenin 2 is required for the development of ventral midbrain dopaminergic neurons. Development. 2006;133:495-505 pubmed..Neurogenin 2 (Ngn2) and Mash1 are expressed in the ventral midline, while Ngn1, Ngn2 and Mash1 are co-localized more laterally in the ventricular zone...
- Jahan I, Pan N, Kersigo J, Fritzsch B. Neurod1 suppresses hair cell differentiation in ear ganglia and regulates hair cell subtype development in the cochlea. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11661 pubmed publisher..Cross-regulation of Atoh1 and Neurog1 results in hair cell changes in Neurog1 null mice although the nature and mechanism of the cross-regulation has ..
- Britz O, Mattar P, Nguyen L, Langevin L, Zimmer C, Alam S, et al. A role for proneural genes in the maturation of cortical progenitor cells. Cereb Cortex. 2006;16 Suppl 1:i138-51 pubmedWe showed previously that the proneural genes Neurogenin1 (Ngn1) and Ngn2 are required to specify the phenotypes of early- and not late-born neurons in the neocortex, acting in part through repression of Mash1, a third cortically ..
- Gowan K, Helms A, Hunsaker T, Collisson T, Ebert P, Odom R, et al. Crossinhibitory activities of Ngn1 and Math1 allow specification of distinct dorsal interneurons. Neuron. 2001;31:219-32 pubmed..We define restricted neural progenitor populations by the discrete, nonoverlapping expression of Ngn1, Math1, and Mash1...
- Ma Q, Fode C, Guillemot F, Anderson D. Neurogenin1 and neurogenin2 control two distinct waves of neurogenesis in developing dorsal root ganglia. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1717-28 pubmed..for the generation of trkC+ and trkB+ neurons, whereas the generation of most or all trkA+ neurons requires ngn1. Comparison with previous lineage tracing data in the chick suggests that this dichotomy reflects a requirement for ..
- Nakatani T, Minaki Y, Kumai M, Ono Y. Helt determines GABAergic over glutamatergic neuronal fate by repressing Ngn genes in the developing mesencephalon. Development. 2007;134:2783-93 pubmed..Furthermore, we identified proneural genes Ngn1 and Ngn2, which were selectively expressed in glutamatergic progenitors in the developing mesencephalon and had the ..
- Weston M, Pierce M, Jensen Smith H, Fritzsch B, Rocha Sanchez S, Beisel K, et al. MicroRNA-183 family expression in hair cell development and requirement of microRNAs for hair cell maintenance and survival. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:808-19 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that hair cell miRNAs subdue cochlear gradient gene expression and are required for hair cell maintenance and survival. ..
- Qian Y, Shirasawa S, Chen C, Cheng L, Ma Q. Proper development of relay somatic sensory neurons and D2/D4 interneurons requires homeobox genes Rnx/Tlx-3 and Tlx-1. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1220-33 pubmed..Together, our studies demonstrate a central role for Rnx and Tlx-1 in the development of two major classes of relay sensory neurons, somatic and visceral. ..
- Yang X, Zhou Y, Barcarse E, O GORMAN S. Altered neuronal lineages in the facial ganglia of Hoxa2 mutant mice. Dev Biol. 2008;314:171-88 pubmed publisher..These data suggest an unanticipated role for Hox genes in controlling the neurogenic potential of at least some cranial neural crest cells. ..
- Segklia A, Seuntjens E, Elkouris M, Tsalavos S, Stappers E, Mitsiadis T, et al. Bmp7 regulates the survival, proliferation, and neurogenic properties of neural progenitor cells during corticogenesis in the mouse. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34088 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a novel role for Bmp7 in the embryonic mouse cortex: Bmp7 nurtures radial glia cells and regulates fundamental properties of neural progenitor cells that subsequently affect Ngn2-dependent neurogenesis. ..
- Baubet V, Xiang C, Molczan A, Roccograndi L, Melamed S, Dahmane N. Rp58 is essential for the growth and patterning of the cerebellum and for glutamatergic and GABAergic neuron development. Development. 2012;139:1903-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Rp58 is essential for the growth and organization of the cerebellum and regulates the development of both GABAergic and glutamatergic neurons. ..
- Ware M, Hamdi Rozé H, Le Friec J, David V, Dupé V. Regulation of downstream neuronal genes by proneural transcription factors during initial neurogenesis in the vertebrate brain. Neural Dev. 2016;11:22 pubmed..Together, these results improve our understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in differentiation of the first neuronal populations in the brain. ..
- Kriks S, Lanuza G, Mizuguchi R, Nakafuku M, Goulding M. Gsh2 is required for the repression of Ngn1 and specification of dorsal interneuron fate in the spinal cord. Development. 2005;132:2991-3002 pubmed..overexpression of Gsh2 and Mash1 leads to the ectopic production of dI3 neurons and a concomitant repression of Ngn1 expression...
- Ikeda K, Kageyama R, Suzuki Y, Kawakami K. Six1 is indispensable for production of functional progenitor cells during olfactory epithelial development. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:1453-64 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, basal proliferating cells were observed in Six1(-/-) animals, but the expression of Ngn1, NeuroD, Notch1, and Jagged2 in the basal layer was absent...
- Castelo Branco G, Andersson E, Minina E, Sousa K, Ribeiro D, Kokubu C, et al. Delayed dopaminergic neuron differentiation in Lrp6 mutant mice. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:211-21 pubmed publisher..5. Our results, therefore, suggest a role for Lrp6 in the onset of DA neuron development in the VM as well as a role in midbrain morphogenesis. ..
- Aavani T, Tachibana N, Wallace V, Biernaskie J, Schuurmans C. Temporal profiling of photoreceptor lineage gene expression during murine retinal development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2017;23-24:32-44 pubmed publisher..5, beginning with Crx, Otx2, Rorb, Neurod1 and Prdm1 expression, followed at E15.5 with the expression of Thrb, Neurog1, Sall3 and Rxrg expression, and at P0 by Nrl and Nr2e3 expression...
- Wu M, Zhang Y, Wu N, Shen Y. Histone marks and chromatin remodelers on the regulation of neurogenin1 gene in RA induced neuronal differentiation of P19 cells. J Cell Biochem. 2009;107:264-71 pubmed publisher..We first show that the expression of ngn1 increases drastically in RA induced neuronal differentiation...
- Szabó N, Zhao T, Zhou X, Alvarez Bolado G. The role of Sonic hedgehog of neural origin in thalamic differentiation in the mouse. J Neurosci. 2009;29:2453-66 pubmed publisher..In this way, the individual thalamic nuclei show differential dependence on Shh, Gbx2, or both for their differentiation. Additionally, Gbx2 is required for the survival of thalamic neurons. ..
- Cheng L, Reed R. Zfp423/OAZ participates in a developmental switch during olfactory neurogenesis. Neuron. 2007;54:547-57 pubmed..Together, these experiments suggest that OAZ participates in a developmental switch regulating the transition from differentiation to maturation in ORNs. ..
- Yao J, Liu Y, Lo R, Tretjakoff I, Peterson A, Stifani S. Disrupted development of the cerebral hemispheres in transgenic mice expressing the mammalian Groucho homologue transducin-like-enhancer of split 1 in postmitotic neurons. Mech Dev. 2000;93:105-15 pubmed..These results provide the first direct evidence that TLE1 is an important negative regulator of postmitotic neuronal differentiation in the mammalian central nervous system. ..
- Nouri N, Patel M, Joksimovic M, Poulin J, Anderegg A, Taketo M, et al. Excessive Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes midbrain floor plate neurogenesis, but results in vacillating dopamine progenitors. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2015;68:131-42 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these progenitors assume a mixed identity to that of Lmx1a+/Lmx1b+/Nkx6-1+/Neurog1+ progenitors...
- Duval N, Daubas P, Bourcier de Carbon C, St Cloment C, Tinevez J, Lopes M, et al. Msx1 and Msx2 act as essential activators of Atoh1 expression in the murine spinal cord. Development. 2014;141:1726-36 pubmed publisher..b>Neurog1 and Ascl1 expression territories are dorsalized, leading to ectopic dorsal differentiation of dI2 and dI3 ..
- Tamimi R, Steingrimsson E, Montgomery Dyer K, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Tapscott S. NEUROD2 and NEUROD3 genes map to human chromosomes 17q12 and 5q23-q31 and mouse chromosomes 11 and 13, respectively. Genomics. 1997;40:355-7 pubmedNEUROD2 and NEUROD3 are transcription factors involved in neurogenesis that are related to the basic helix-loop-helix protein NEUROD. NEUROD2 maps to human chromosome 17q12 and mouse chromosome 11...
- Kameyama T, Matsushita F, Kadokawa Y, Marunouchi T. Myt/NZF family transcription factors regulate neuronal differentiation of P19 cells. Neurosci Lett. 2011;497:74-9 pubmed publisher..retinoic acid (RA), and the ability of these genes to induce neuronal differentiation was comparable to that of Neurog1 and Neurod1. Additionally, we found that St18 (or NZF-3) was induced by several bHLH transcription factors...
- Zordan P, Croci L, Hawkes R, Consalez G. Comparative analysis of proneural gene expression in the embryonic cerebellum. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1726-35 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we describe the expression of proneural genes Mash1/Ascl1, Ngn1/Neurog1, and Ngn2/Neurog2 in the cerebellar primordium at key stages of Purkinje cell and interneuron development, and ..
- Lee K, Dietrich P, Jessell T. Genetic ablation reveals that the roof plate is essential for dorsal interneuron specification. Nature. 2000;403:734-40 pubmed..These results reveal that the roof plate is essential for specifying multiple classes of neurons in the mammalian central nervous system. ..
- Scardigli R, Schuurmans C, Gradwohl G, Guillemot F. Crossregulation between Neurogenin2 and pathways specifying neuronal identity in the spinal cord. Neuron. 2001;31:203-17 pubmed..Thus, neuronal differentiation involves crossregulatory interactions between a bHLH-driven program of neurogenesis and genetic pathways specifying progenitor and neuronal identity in the spinal cord. ..
- Schmid R, McGrath B, Berechid B, Boyles B, Marchionni M, Sestan N, et al. Neuregulin 1-erbB2 signaling is required for the establishment of radial glia and their transformation into astrocytes in cerebral cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:4251-6 pubmed..These results suggest that developmental changes in NRG-1-erbB2 interactions modulate the establishment of radial glia and contribute to their appropriate transformation into astrocytes. ..
- Seto Y, Ishiwata S, Hoshino M. Characterization of Olig2 expression during cerebellar development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2014;15:1-7 pubmed publisher..Olig2 is mostly co-expressed with the proneural transcription factors Ngn1/2 and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p57(KIP2) that are involved in cell cycle exit...
- Schwarz Q, Vieira J, Howard B, Eickholt B, Ruhrberg C. Neuropilin 1 and 2 control cranial gangliogenesis and axon guidance through neural crest cells. Development. 2008;135:1605-13 pubmed publisher..We conclude that neuropilins play multiple roles in the sensory nervous system by directing cranial neural crest cells, positioning sensory neurons and organising their axonal projections. ..
- Onoguchi M, Hirabayashi Y, Koseki H, Gotoh Y. A noncoding RNA regulates the neurogenin1 gene locus during mouse neocortical development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16939-44 pubmed publisherThe proneural basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor neurogenin1 (Neurog1) plays a pivotal role in neuronal differentiation during mammalian development...
- Wagner N, Wagner K, Hammes A, Kirschner K, Vidal V, Schedl A, et al. A splice variant of the Wilms' tumour suppressor Wt1 is required for normal development of the olfactory system. Development. 2005;132:1327-36 pubmed..Mash1 and neurogenin 1, two basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors with critical functions during olfactory neuron development, ..
- Martin D, Kim Y, Sever D, Mao C, Haefliger J, Grapin Botton A. REST represses a subset of the pancreatic endocrine differentiation program. Dev Biol. 2015;405:316-27 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the transcriptional repressor REST is active in pancreas progenitors where it gates the activation of part of the beta cell differentiation program. ..
- Mandel S, Rechavi G, Gozes I. Activity-dependent neuroprotective protein (ADNP) differentially interacts with chromatin to regulate genes essential for embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;303:814-24 pubmed..These results place ADNP at a crucial point of gene regulation, repressing potential endoderm genes and enhancing genes associated with organogenesis/neurogenesis. ..
- Henke R, Meredith D, Borromeo M, Savage T, Johnson J. Ascl1 and Neurog2 form novel complexes and regulate Delta-like3 (Dll3) expression in the neural tube. Dev Biol. 2009;328:529-40 pubmed publisher..In addition, each E-box has distinct characteristics relative to binding of bHLH factors Ascl1, Neurog1, and Neurog2...
- Watanabe Y, Inoue K, Okuyama Yamamoto A, Nakai N, Nakatani J, Nibu K, et al. Fezf1 is required for penetration of the basal lamina by olfactory axons to promote olfactory development. J Comp Neurol. 2009;515:565-84 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Fezf1 is required for the penetration of olfactory axons through the CNS basal lamina before they innervate the OB. ..
- Ribes V, Stutzmann F, Bianchetti L, Guillemot F, Dolle P, Le Roux I. Combinatorial signalling controls Neurogenin2 expression at the onset of spinal neurogenesis. Dev Biol. 2008;321:470-81 pubmed publisher..Our data thus support a model where signal integration at the level of a single enhancer constitutes a key mechanism to control the onset of neurogenesis. ..
- Koyano Nakagawa N, Kim J, Anderson D, Kintner C. Hes6 acts in a positive feedback loop with the neurogenins to promote neuronal differentiation. Development. 2000;127:4203-16 pubmed..The properties of Hes6 distinguish it from other members of the WRPW-bHLH family in vertebrates, and suggest that it acts in a positive-feedback loop with the proneural bHLH proteins to promote neuronal differentiation. ..
- Pattyn A, Guillemot F, Brunet J. Delays in neuronal differentiation in Mash1/Ascl1 mutants. Dev Biol. 2006;295:67-75 pubmed..Finally, we provide evidence that the acceleration imposed by Mash1, regardless of the production of post-mitotic cells, affects differentiation itself, both generic and type-specific. ..
- Blader P, Lam C, Rastegar S, Scardigli R, Nicod J, Simplicio N, et al. Conserved and acquired features of neurogenin1 regulation. Development. 2004;131:5627-37 pubmed..The transcription factor neurogenin1 (ngn1) controls neurogenesis in the mouse pallium and is also expressed in the dorsal telencephalon of the evolutionary ..
- Wang L, Bluske K, Dickel L, Nakagawa Y. Basal progenitor cells in the embryonic mouse thalamus - their molecular characterization and the role of neurogenins and Pax6. Neural Dev. 2011;6:35 pubmed publisher..Neocortical and thalamic basal progenitor cells shared expression of some molecular markers, including Insm1, Neurog1, Neurog2 and NeuroD1...
- Ahmed M, Xu J, Xu P. EYA1 and SIX1 drive the neuronal developmental program in cooperation with the SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex and SOX2 in the mammalian inner ear. Development. 2012;139:1965-77 pubmed publisher..ear neurogenesis depends upon the function of the proneural basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors NEUROG1 and NEUROD1. However, the transcriptional regulation of these factors is unknown...
- Hurd E, Poucher H, Cheng K, Raphael Y, Martin D. The ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling enzyme CHD7 regulates pro-neural gene expression and neurogenesis in the inner ear. Development. 2010;137:3139-50 pubmed publisherInner ear neurogenesis is positively regulated by the pro-neural bHLH transcription factors Ngn1 and NeuroD, but the factors that act upstream of this regulation are not well understood...
- Golding J, Trainor P, Krumlauf R, Gassmann M. Defects in pathfinding by cranial neural crest cells in mice lacking the neuregulin receptor ErbB4. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:103-9 pubmed..ErbB4 signalling events within the hindbrain therefore provide patterning information to cranial paraxial mesenchyme that is essential for the proper migration of neural crest cells. ..
- Schuster Gossler K, Harris B, Johnson K, Serth J, Gossler A. Notch signalling in the paraxial mesoderm is most sensitive to reduced Pofut1 levels during early mouse development. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:6 pubmed publisher..Reduced POFUT1 levels might affect Notch trafficking or overall O-fucosylation. Alternatively, reduced O-fucosylation might preferentially affect sites that are substrates for LFNG and thus important for somite formation and patterning. ..
- Gresset A, Coulpier F, Gerschenfeld G, Jourdon A, Matesic G, Richard L, et al. Boundary Caps Give Rise to Neurogenic Stem Cells and Terminal Glia in the Skin. Stem Cell Reports. 2015;5:278-90 pubmed publisher..It provides genetic tools to study and manipulate this population of high interest for medical applications. ..
- Peltopuro P, Kala K, Partanen J. Distinct requirements for Ascl1 in subpopulations of midbrain GABAergic neurons. Dev Biol. 2010;343:63-70 pubmed publisher..Also, our results have implications on understanding the origins of the various midbrain GABAergic neuron groups in the embryonic neuroepithelium. ..