Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Neurod6
Description: neurogenic differentiation 6
Alias: Atoh2, Math-2, Math2, Nex, Nex1m, bHLHa2, neurogenic differentiation factor 6, atonal homolog 2, helix-loop-helix protein mATH-2, protein NEX-1, protein atonal homolog 2
- Sessa A, Mao C, Hadjantonakis A, Klein W, Broccoli V. Tbr2 directs conversion of radial glia into basal precursors and guides neuronal amplification by indirect neurogenesis in the developing neocortex. Neuron. 2008;60:56-69 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify Tbr2 as a critical factor for the specification of IPCs during corticogenesis. ..
- Ballester Rosado C, Albright M, Wu C, Liao C, Zhu J, Xu J, et al. mGluR5 in cortical excitatory neurons exerts both cell-autonomous and -nonautonomous influences on cortical somatosensory circuit formation. J Neurosci. 2010;30:16896-909 pubmed publisher..Together, our data provide strong evidence that mGluR5 signaling in cortical principal neurons exerts both cell-autonomous and -nonautonomous influences to modulate the formation of cortical sensory circuits. ..
- Bröhl D, Strehle M, Wende H, Hori K, Bormuth I, Nave K, et al. A transcriptional network coordinately determines transmitter and peptidergic fate in the dorsal spinal cord. Dev Biol. 2008;322:381-93 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a transcriptional network operates in maturing dorsal horn neurons that coordinately determines transmitter and peptidergic fate. ..
- Moosmang S, Haider N, Klugbauer N, Adelsberger H, Langwieser N, Müller J, et al. Role of hippocampal Cav1.2 Ca2+ channels in NMDA receptor-independent synaptic plasticity and spatial memory. J Neurosci. 2005;25:9883-92 pubmed..2 channel-mediated Ca2+ influx to either process. ..
- Shimizu C, Akazawa C, Nakanishi S, Kageyama R. MATH-2, a mammalian helix-loop-helix factor structurally related to the product of Drosophila proneural gene atonal, is specifically expressed in the nervous system. Eur J Biochem. 1995;229:239-48 pubmed..These results raise the possibility that MATH-2 may be a trans-acting factor involved in the development and maintenance of the mammalian nervous system. ..
- Monory K, Massa F, Egertová M, Eder M, Blaudzun H, Westenbroek R, et al. The endocannabinoid system controls key epileptogenic circuits in the hippocampus. Neuron. 2006;51:455-66 pubmed..The direct endocannabinoid-mediated control of hippocampal glutamatergic neurotransmission may constitute a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of disorders associated with excessive excitatory neuronal activity. ..
- Schuurmans C, Armant O, Nieto M, Stenman J, Britz O, Klenin N, et al. Sequential phases of cortical specification involve Neurogenin-dependent and -independent pathways. EMBO J. 2004;23:2892-902 pubmed..Our study thus reveals an unanticipated heterogeneity in the genetic mechanisms specifying the identity of neocortical projection neurons. ..
- Schwab M, Bartholomae A, Heimrich B, Feldmeyer D, Druffel Augustin S, Goebbels S, et al. Neuronal basic helix-loop-helix proteins (NEX and BETA2/Neuro D) regulate terminal granule cell differentiation in the hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2000;20:3714-24 pubmedThe transcription factors neuronal helix-loop-helix protein (NEX)/mammalian atonal homolog 2 (Math-2), BETA2/neuronal determination factor (NeuroD), and NeuroD-related factor (NDRF)/NeuroD2 comprise a family of Drosophila atonal-related ..
- Zembrzycki A, Perez Garcia C, Wang C, Chou S, O Leary D. Postmitotic regulation of sensory area patterning in the mammalian neocortex by Lhx2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:6736-41 pubmed publisher..Our results reemphasize critical roles for Lhx2 that acts as one of the terminal selector genes in controlling principal properties of neurons. ..
- Lu Z, Sack M. ATF-1 is a hypoxia-responsive transcriptional activator of skeletal muscle mitochondrial-uncoupling protein 3. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23410-8 pubmed publisher..These data reinforce the role of ATF-1 as a hypoxia-responsive trans-activator and identifies a novel regulatory program that may modulate cellular responses to oxygen-deficit. ..
- Parthasarathy S, Srivatsa S, Nityanandam A, Tarabykin V. Ntf3 acts downstream of Sip1 in cortical postmitotic neurons to control progenitor cell fate through feedback signaling. Development. 2014;141:3324-30 pubmed publisher..Loss of Ntf3, by contrast, causes an increase in layer VI neurons but does not rescue the Sip1 mutant phenotype, implying that other parallel pathways also control the timing of progenitor cell fate switch. ..
- Refojo D, Schweizer M, Kuehne C, Ehrenberg S, Thoeringer C, Vogl A, et al. Glutamatergic and dopaminergic neurons mediate anxiogenic and anxiolytic effects of CRHR1. Science. 2011;333:1903-7 pubmed publisher..These results define a bidirectional model for the role of CRHR1 in anxiety and suggest that an imbalance between CRHR1-controlled anxiogenic glutamatergic and anxiolytic dopaminergic systems might lead to emotional disorders. ..
- Lobanova A, She R, Pieraut S, Clapp C, Maximov A, Denchi E. Different requirements of functional telomeres in neural stem cells and terminally differentiated neurons. Genes Dev. 2017;31:639-647 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that telomeres are dispensable in terminally differentiated neurons and provide mechanistic insight into cognitive abnormalities associated with aberrant telomere length in humans. ..
- Kawabe H, Neeb A, Dimova K, Young S, Takeda M, Katsurabayashi S, et al. Regulation of Rap2A by the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 controls neurite development. Neuron. 2010;65:358-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a Nedd4-1/Rap2A/TNIK signaling pathway regulates neurite growth and arborization in mammalian neurons. ..
- Kay J, Voinescu P, Chu M, Sanes J. Neurod6 expression defines new retinal amacrine cell subtypes and regulates their fate. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:965-72 pubmed publisher..Two transcription factors selectively expressed by these subtypes, Neurod6 and special AT-rich-sequence-binding protein 2 (Satb2), regulate a postmitotic cell fate choice between these ..
- Barnat M, Le Friec J, Benstaali C, Humbert S. Huntingtin-Mediated Multipolar-Bipolar Transition of Newborn Cortical Neurons Is Critical for Their Postnatal Neuronal Morphology. Neuron. 2017;93:99-114 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a new HTT-RAB11-N-Cadherin pathway regulating multipolar-bipolar transition with direct implications for mature brain. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Früh S, Romanos J, Panzanelli P, Bürgisser D, Tyagarajan S, Campbell K, et al. Neuronal Dystroglycan Is Necessary for Formation and Maintenance of Functional CCK-Positive Basket Cell Terminals on Pyramidal Cells. J Neurosci. 2016;36:10296-10313 pubmed..Our findings also offer a new perspective on the mechanisms that lead to intellectual disability in muscular dystrophies without associated brain malformations. ..
- Li G, Fang L, Fernandez G, Pleasure S. The ventral hippocampus is the embryonic origin for adult neural stem cells in the dentate gyrus. Neuron. 2013;78:658-72 pubmed publisher..The revelation of the complexity of both the embryonic origin of hippocampal LL-NSCs and the sources of Shh has important implications for the functions of LL-NSCs in the adult hippocampus. ..
- Mallmann R, Elgueta C, Sleman F, Castonguay J, Wilmes T, van den Maagdenberg A, et al. Ablation of Ca(V)2.1 voltage-gated Ca²? channels in mouse forebrain generates multiple cognitive impairments. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78598 pubmed publisher..model by crossing mice with a floxed Cacna1a gene with mice expressing Cre-recombinase under the control of the NEX promoter. This novel mouse model enabled us to investigate the contribution of Ca(V)2...
- Sessa A, Ciabatti E, Drechsel D, Massimino L, Colasante G, Giannelli S, et al. The Tbr2 Molecular Network Controls Cortical Neuronal Differentiation Through Complementary Genetic and Epigenetic Pathways. Cereb Cortex. 2017;27:3378-3396 pubmed publisher..These data identify TBR2 as a major determinant of the INP-specific traits by regulating both genetic and epigenetic pathways. ..
- Díaz Alonso J, Aguado T, Wu C, Palazuelos J, Hofmann C, Garcez P, et al. The CB(1) cannabinoid receptor drives corticospinal motor neuron differentiation through the Ctip2/Satb2 transcriptional regulation axis. J Neurosci. 2012;32:16651-65 pubmed publisher..Unbalanced neurogenic fate determination found in complete CB(1)(-/-) mice and in glutamatergic neuron-specific Nex-CB(1)(-/-) mice induced overt alterations in corticospinal motor neuron generation and subcerebral connectivity, ..
- Poltorak A, Merlin T, Nielsen P, Sandra O, Smirnova I, Schupp I, et al. A point mutation in the IL-12R beta 2 gene underlies the IL-12 unresponsiveness of Lps-defective C57BL/10ScCr mice. J Immunol. 2001;167:2106-11 pubmed..Because the phosphorylation of STAT4 is a prerequisite for the IL-12-mediated induction of IFN-gamma, its absence in Cr mice is responsible for their defective IFN-gamma response to microorganisms. ..
- Lüders K, Patzig J, Simons M, Nave K, Werner H. Genetic dissection of oligodendroglial and neuronal Plp1 function in a novel mouse model of spastic paraplegia type 2. Glia. 2017;65:1762-1776 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PLP-dependent loss of oligodendroglial support is the primary cause of axonal degeneration in SPG2. ..
- Lourenço J, Cannich A, Carta M, Coussen F, Mulle C, Marsicano G. Synaptic activation of kainate receptors gates presynaptic CB(1) signaling at GABAergic synapses. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:197-204 pubmed publisher..Thus, activation of kainate receptors by synaptically released glutamate gates presynaptic CB(1) signaling, which in turn controls the direction of short-term heterosynaptic plasticity. ..
- Wang H, Astarita G, Taussig M, Bharadwaj K, DiPatrizio N, Nave K, et al. Deficiency of lipoprotein lipase in neurons modifies the regulation of energy balance and leads to obesity. Cell Metab. 2011;13:105-13 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that TG-rich lipoproteins are sensed in the brain by an LPL-dependent mechanism and provide lipid signals for the central regulation of body weight and energy balance. ..
- Schwab M, Druffel Augustin S, Gass P, Jung M, Klugmann M, Bartholomae A, et al. Neuronal basic helix-loop-helix proteins (NEX, neuroD, NDRF): spatiotemporal expression and targeted disruption of the NEX gene in transgenic mice. J Neurosci. 1998;18:1408-18 pubmed..Three putative neuronal differentiation factors [NEX for neuronal helix-loop-helix protein-1 (mammalian atonal homolog-2), neuroD (beta-2), and NDRF for neuroD-related ..
- Courchet J, Lewis T, Lee S, Courchet V, Liou D, Aizawa S, et al. Terminal axon branching is regulated by the LKB1-NUAK1 kinase pathway via presynaptic mitochondrial capture. Cell. 2013;153:1510-25 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that LKB1 and NUAK1 are necessary and sufficient to immobilize mitochondria specifically at nascent presynaptic sites. Our results unravel a link between presynaptic mitochondrial capture and axon branching. ..
- Mao H, McMahon J, Tsai Y, Wang Z, Silver D. Haploinsufficiency for Core Exon Junction Complex Components Disrupts Embryonic Neurogenesis and Causes p53-Mediated Microcephaly. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006282 pubmed publisher..Altogether our study reveals new mechanisms to help explain how EJC mutations influence neurogenesis and underlie neurodevelopmental disease. ..
- Metzger M, Walser S, Aprile Garcia F, Dedic N, Chen A, Holsboer F, et al. Genetically dissecting P2rx7 expression within the central nervous system using conditional humanized mice. Purinergic Signal. 2017;13:153-170 pubmed publisher..In addition, this conditional allele will enable future loss-of-function studies in conjunction with mouse models for CNS disorders. ..
- Sotnikov S, Chekmareva N, Schmid B, Harbich D, Malik V, Bauer S, et al. Enriched environment impacts trimethylthiazoline-induced anxiety-related behavior and immediate early gene expression: critical role of Crhr1. Eur J Neurosci. 2014;40:2691-700 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate that EE can rescue strong avoidance of TMT by HAB mice with Crhr1 expression in the amygdala being critically involved. ..
- Shinozaki K, Miyagi T, Yoshida M, Miyata T, Ogawa M, Aizawa S, et al. Absence of Cajal-Retzius cells and subplate neurons associated with defects of tangential cell migration from ganglionic eminence in Emx1/2 double mutant cerebral cortex. Development. 2002;129:3479-92 pubmed
- Lacinova L, Moosmang S, Langwieser N, Hofmann F, Kleppisch T. Cav1.2 calcium channels modulate the spiking pattern of hippocampal pyramidal cells. Life Sci. 2008;82:41-9 pubmed..2 channels are involved in regulating the intrinsic excitability of CA1 pyramidal neurons. This cellular mechanism may contribute to the known function of Ca(v)1.2 channels in supporting synaptic plasticity and memory. ..
- Cheng H, Bagri A, Yaron A, Stein E, Pleasure S, Tessier Lavigne M. Plexin-A3 mediates semaphorin signaling and regulates the development of hippocampal axonal projections. Neuron. 2001;32:249-63 pubmed..Analysis of plexin-A3 knockout mice shows that plexin-A3 contributes to Sema3F and Sema3A signaling and that plexin-A3 regulates the development of hippocampal axonal projections in vivo. ..
- Isaka F, Shimizu C, Nakanishi S, Kageyama R. Genetic mapping of four mouse bHLH genes related to Drosophila proneural gene atonal. Genomics. 1996;37:400-2 pubmed..in genetic neural disorders, we have determined genetic map positions for four mouse atonal-related genes, Atoh1, Atoh2, Atoh3, and Ndrf, which encode MATH-1, MATH-2, MATH-3, and NDRF, respectively...
- Brinkmann B, Agarwal A, Sereda M, Garratt A, Muller T, Wende H, et al. Neuregulin-1/ErbB signaling serves distinct functions in myelination of the peripheral and central nervous system. Neuron. 2008;59:581-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, NRG1/ErbB signaling is markedly different between Schwann cells and oligodendrocytes that have evolved an NRG/ErbB-independent mechanism of myelination control. ..
- Qu Y, Huang Y, Feng J, Alvarez Bolado G, Grove E, Yang Y, et al. Genetic evidence that Celsr3 and Celsr2, together with Fzd3, regulate forebrain wiring in a Vangl-independent manner. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E2996-3004 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Celsr2-3 and Fzd3 regulate axonal navigation in the forebrain by using mechanisms different from classical epithelial PCP, and require interacting partners other than Vangl1-2 that remain to be identified. ..
- Tissir F, Qu Y, Montcouquiol M, Zhou L, Komatsu K, Shi D, et al. Lack of cadherins Celsr2 and Celsr3 impairs ependymal ciliogenesis, leading to fatal hydrocephalus. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:700-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that planar cell polarity signaling is involved in ependymal cilia development and in the pathophysiology of hydrocephalus, with possible implications in other ciliopathies. ..
- Lafenetre P, Chaouloff F, Marsicano G. Bidirectional regulation of novelty-induced behavioral inhibition by the endocannabinoid system. Neuropharmacology. 2009;57:715-21 pubmed publisher..These data show a tightly regulated influence of the ECS on impulsive behaviors and suggest the involvement of endocannabinoid signaling in the pathophysiological modulation of ADHD and related disorders. ..
- Remedios R, Huilgol D, Saha B, Hari P, Bhatnagar L, Kowalczyk T, et al. A stream of cells migrating from the caudal telencephalon reveals a link between the amygdala and neocortex. Nat Neurosci. 2007;10:1141-50 pubmed..This is first evidence of a dorsal pallial contribution to the amygdala, demonstrating a developmental and mechanistic link between the amygdala and the neocortex. ..
- Savas J, Ribeiro L, Wierda K, Wright R, DeNardo Wilke L, Rice H, et al. The Sorting Receptor SorCS1 Regulates Trafficking of Neurexin and AMPA Receptors. Neuron. 2015;87:764-80 pubmed publisher..SORCS1 mutations have been associated with autism and Alzheimer disease, suggesting that perturbed receptor trafficking contributes to synaptic-composition and -function defects underlying synaptopathies. ..
- Uittenbogaard M, Martinka D, Chiaramello A. The basic helix-loop-helix differentiation factor Nex1/MATH-2 functions as a key activator of the GAP-43 gene. J Neurochem. 2003;84:678-88 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that Nex1 may engage in selective interactions with components of the core transcriptional machinery whose assembly is dictated by the architecture of the GAP-43 promoter and cellular environment. ..
- Proctor J, Zang K, Wang D, Wang R, Reichardt L. Vascular development of the brain requires beta8 integrin expression in the neuroepithelium. J Neurosci. 2005;25:9940-8 pubmed
- Menon S, Boyer N, Winkle C, McClain L, Hanlin C, Pandey D, et al. The E3 Ubiquitin Ligase TRIM9 Is a Filopodia Off Switch Required for Netrin-Dependent Axon Guidance. Dev Cell. 2015;35:698-712 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a gradient of TRIM9-mediated ubiquitination of VASP creates a filopodial stability gradient during axon turning. ..
- Chen H, Bagri A, Zupicich J, Zou Y, Stoeckli E, Pleasure S, et al. Neuropilin-2 regulates the development of selective cranial and sensory nerves and hippocampal mossy fiber projections. Neuron. 2000;25:43-56 pubmed..Our results show that neuropilin-2 is an essential component of the Sema3F receptor and identify key roles for neuropilin-2 in axon guidance in the PNS and CNS. ..
- Xiang C, Baubet V, Pal S, Holderbaum L, Tatard V, Jiang P, et al. RP58/ZNF238 directly modulates proneurogenic gene levels and is required for neuronal differentiation and brain expansion. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:692-702 pubmed publisher..Thus, RP58 may act to favor neuronal differentiation and brain growth by coherently repressing multiple proneurogenic genes in a timely manner. ..
- Gradwohl G, Fode C, Guillemot F. Restricted expression of a novel murine atonal-related bHLH protein in undifferentiated neural precursors. Dev Biol. 1996;180:227-41 pubmed..Its structure and expression pattern suggest that MATH4A may regulate an early step of neural development, either as a partner of ubiquitous bHLH proteins or associated with other neural-specific bHLH proteins. ..
- Hirayama T, Tarusawa E, Yoshimura Y, Galjart N, Yagi T. CTCF is required for neural development and stochastic expression of clustered Pcdh genes in neurons. Cell Rep. 2012;2:345-57 pubmed publisher..Their excitatory postsynaptic currents showed normal amplitude but occurred with low frequency. Our results indicate that CTCF regulates functional neural development and neuronal diversity by controlling clustered Pcdh expression. ..
- Khan S, Stott S, Chabrat A, Truckenbrodt A, Spencer Dene B, Nave K, et al. Survival of a Novel Subset of Midbrain Dopaminergic Neurons Projecting to the Lateral Septum Is Dependent on NeuroD Proteins. J Neurosci. 2017;37:2305-2316 pubmed publisher..area that expresses the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, Neurogenic Differentiation Factor-6 (NEUROD6)...
- Terzian A, Micale V, Wotjak C. Cannabinoid receptor type 1 receptors on GABAergic vs. glutamatergic neurons differentially gate sex-dependent social interest in mice. Eur J Neurosci. 2014;40:2293-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we provide evidence that CB1 receptors specifically modulate the social investigation of female mice in a neuronal subtype-specific manner. ..
- Wu C, Zhu J, Wager Miller J, Wang S, O LEARY D, Monory K, et al. Requirement of cannabinoid CB(1) receptors in cortical pyramidal neurons for appropriate development of corticothalamic and thalamocortical projections. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;32:693-706 pubmed publisher..These findings are important in understanding the long-term consequences of alterations in CB(1)R activity during development, a potential etiology for the mental health disorders linked to prenatal cannabis use. ..
- Zhou C, Zhao C, Pleasure S. Wnt signaling mutants have decreased dentate granule cell production and radial glial scaffolding abnormalities. J Neurosci. 2004;24:121-6 pubmed
- Wiegreffe C, Simon R, Peschkes K, Kling C, Strehle M, Cheng J, et al. Bcl11a (Ctip1) Controls Migration of Cortical Projection Neurons through Regulation of Sema3c. Neuron. 2015;87:311-25 pubmed publisher..Our data uncover a novel Bcl11a/Sema3c-dependent regulatory pathway used by migrating cortical neurons. ..
- Klisch T, Xi Y, Flora A, Wang L, Li W, Zoghbi H. In vivo Atoh1 targetome reveals how a proneural transcription factor regulates cerebellar development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:3288-93 pubmed publisher..This study expands current thinking about the transcriptional activities driving neuronal differentiation and provides a framework for further neurodevelopmental studies. ..
- Li Q, Bian S, Hong J, Kawase Koga Y, Zhu E, Zheng Y, et al. Timing specific requirement of microRNA function is essential for embryonic and postnatal hippocampal development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26000 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies indicate the importance of the Dicer-mediated miRNA pathway in hippocampal development and functions. ..
- Bellocchio L, Lafenetre P, Cannich A, Cota D, Puente N, Grandes P, et al. Bimodal control of stimulated food intake by the endocannabinoid system. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:281-3 pubmed publisher..Conversely, brain CB(1) receptors modulating excitatory transmission mediated the well-known orexigenic effects of cannabinoids. ..
- Watanabe K, Takebayashi H, Bepari A, Esumi S, Yanagawa Y, Tamamaki N. Dpy19l1, a multi-transmembrane protein, regulates the radial migration of glutamatergic neurons in the developing cerebral cortex. Development. 2011;138:4979-90 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Dpy19l1 is required for the proper radial migration of glutamatergic neurons, and suggest an evolutionarily conserved role for the Dpy19 family in neuronal migration. ..
- He L, Liu N, Cheng T, Chen X, Li Y, Shu Y, et al. Conditional deletion of Mecp2 in parvalbumin-expressing GABAergic cells results in the absence of critical period plasticity. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5036 pubmed publisher..Thus, MeCP2 expression in inhibitory PV cells during the critical period is essential for local circuit functions underlying experience-dependent cortical plasticity. ..
- Chou S, Perez Garcia C, Kroll T, O Leary D. Lhx2 specifies regional fate in Emx1 lineage of telencephalic progenitors generating cerebral cortex. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1381-9 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a genetic mechanism for determining regional-fate in the Emx1 lineage of telencephalic progenitors that generate cerebral cortex. ..
- Ka M, Jung E, Mueller U, Kim W. MACF1 regulates the migration of pyramidal neurons via microtubule dynamics and GSK-3 signaling. Dev Biol. 2014;395:4-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a cellular mechanism underlying neuronal migration and provide insights into the regulation of cytoskeleton dynamics in developing neurons. ..
- Robel S, Buckingham S, Boni J, Campbell S, Danbolt N, Riedemann T, et al. Reactive astrogliosis causes the development of spontaneous seizures. J Neurosci. 2015;35:3330-45 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that a shift in the relative expression of neuronal NKCC1 and KCC2, similar to that observed in immature neurons during development, may contribute to astrogliosis-associated seizures. ..
- Holm P, Mader M, Haubst N, Wizenmann A, Sigvardsson M, Gotz M. Loss- and gain-of-function analyses reveal targets of Pax6 in the developing mouse telencephalon. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;34:99-119 pubmed..the expression levels of various transcription factors involved in neurogenesis (like Satb2, Nfia, AP-2gamma, NeuroD6, Ngn2, Tbr2, Bhlhb5) and the retinoic acid signalling molecule Rlbp1 were reduced...
- Nityanandam A, Parthasarathy S, Tarabykin V. Postnatal subventricular zone of the neocortex contributes GFAP+ cells to the rostral migratory stream under the control of Sip1. Dev Biol. 2012;366:341-56 pubmed publisher..In summary, our work shows that Sip1 controls the generation of GFAP+ cells of the RMS by regulating the size of a novel progenitor pool located in the postnatal dSVZ. ..
- Monory K, Blaudzun H, Massa F, Kaiser N, Lemberger T, Schutz G, et al. Genetic dissection of behavioural and autonomic effects of Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol in mice. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e269 pubmed
- Nikolaeva I, Kazdoba T, Crowell B, D ARCANGELO G. Differential roles for Akt and mTORC1 in the hypertrophy of Pten mutant neurons, a cellular model of brain overgrowth disorders. Neuroscience. 2017;354:196-207 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Akt is a major determinant of neuronal growth, and that Akt inhibition may be an effective strategy for pharmacological intervention in brain overgrowth disorders. ..
- Haring M, Grieb M, Monory K, Lutz B, Moreira F. Cannabinoid CB? receptor in the modulation of stress coping behavior in mice: the role of serotonin and different forebrain neuronal subpopulations. Neuropharmacology. 2013;65:83-9 pubmed publisher..The antidepressant-like action of THC depends on serotonergic neurotransmission, whereas rimonabant effects are mediated by CB(1) receptor on GABAergic neurons and by catecholamine signaling. ..
- Kerrisk M, Greer C, Koleske A. Integrin ?3 is required for late postnatal stability of dendrite arbors, dendritic spines and synapses, and mouse behavior. J Neurosci. 2013;33:6742-52 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results provide a biochemical and structural explanation for the defects in long-term potentiation, learning, and memory reported previously in mice lacking integrin ?3. ..
- Shah B, Lutter D, Tsytsyura Y, Glyvuk N, Sakakibara A, Klingauf J, et al. Rap1 GTPases Are Master Regulators of Neural Cell Polarity in the Developing Neocortex. Cereb Cortex. 2017;27:1253-1269 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the loss of RGC and neuronal polarity results in the disruption of cortical organization. ..
- Hsia H, Kumar R, Lucà R, Takeda M, Courchet J, Nakashima J, et al. Ubiquitin E3 ligase Nedd4-1 acts as a downstream target of PI3K/PTEN-mTORC1 signaling to promote neurite growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:13205-10 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that Nedd4-family E3 ligases promote axonal growth and branching in the developing mammalian brain, where PTEN is not a relevant substrate. Instead, PTEN controls neurite growth by regulating Nedd4-1 expression. ..
- Chinn G, Hirokawa K, Chuang T, Urbina C, Patel F, Fong J, et al. Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum Due to Defective Glial Wedge Formation in Lhx2 Mutant Mice. Cereb Cortex. 2015;25:2707-18 pubmed publisher..Lhx2 inactivation in postmitotic cortical neurons using Nex-Cre mice did not result in ACC, suggesting that the mutant phenotype was not autonomous to the callosal projection ..
- Ballester Rosado C, Sun H, Huang J, Lu H. mGluR5 Exerts Cell-Autonomous Influences on the Functional and Anatomical Development of Layer IV Cortical Neurons in the Mouse Primary Somatosensory Cortex. J Neurosci. 2016;36:8802-14 pubmed publisher..Perturbing mGluR5 expression could lead to abnormal neuronal circuits, which may contribute to neurological and psychiatric disease. ..
- Maroso M, Szabó G, Kim H, Alexander A, Bui A, Lee S, et al. Cannabinoid Control of Learning and Memory through HCN Channels. Neuron. 2016;89:1059-73 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the CB1R-Ih pathway in the hippocampus is obligatory for the action of cannabinoids on LTP and spatial memory formation. ..
- Tang S, Wang I, Yue C, Takano H, Terzic B, Pance K, et al. Loss of CDKL5 in Glutamatergic Neurons Disrupts Hippocampal Microcircuitry and Leads to Memory Impairment in Mice. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7420-7437 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that CDKL5 is an important regulator of synaptic function in glutamatergic neurons and serves a critical role in learning and memory. ..
- Metna Laurent M, Soria Gomez E, Verrier D, Conforzi M, Jégo P, Lafenetre P, et al. Bimodal control of fear-coping strategies by CB? cannabinoid receptors. J Neurosci. 2012;32:7109-18 pubmed publisher..This primary function of the endocannabinoid system in shaping individual behavioral traits should be considered when studying the mechanisms of physiological and pathological fear. ..
- Krishnaswamy A, Yamagata M, Duan X, Hong Y, Sanes J. Sidekick 2 directs formation of a retinal circuit that detects differential motion. Nature. 2015;524:466-470 pubmed publisher..This non-canonical circuit introduces a delay into the pathway from photoreceptors in the centre of the receptive field to W3B-RGCs, which could improve their ability to judge the synchrony of local and global motion. ..
- Louvi A, Nishimura S, Gunel M. Ccm3, a gene associated with cerebral cavernous malformations, is required for neuronal migration. Development. 2014;141:1404-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify a novel cytoplasmic regulator of neuronal migration and demonstrate that its inactivation in radial glia progenitors and nascent neurons produces severe malformations of cortical development. ..