Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nell1
Description: NEL-like 1
Alias: B230343H07Rik, l7R6, protein kinase C-binding protein NELL1, NEL-like protein 1
- Nakamura R, Nakamoto C, Obama H, Durward E, Nakamoto M. Structure-function analysis of Nel, a thrombospondin-1-like glycoprotein involved in neural development and functions. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:3282-91 pubmed publisher..In vivo, Nel and related Nell1 are expressed in several regions of the mouse central nervous system with partly overlapping patterns...
- Zhang X, Ting K, Pathmanathan D, Ko T, Chen W, Chen F, et al. Calvarial cleidocraniodysplasia-like defects with ENU-induced Nell-1 deficiency. J Craniofac Surg. 2012;23:61-6 pubmed publisher..In summary, Nell-1 is required for normal craniofacial membranous and endochondral skeletal development...
- Nakamura Y, Hasebe A, Takahashi K, Iijima M, Yoshimoto N, Maturana A, et al. Oligomerization-induced conformational change in the C-terminal region of Nel-like molecule 1 (NELL1) protein is necessary for the efficient mediation of murine MC3T3-E1 cell adhesion and spreading. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:9781-94 pubmed publisherb>NELL1 is a large oligomeric secretory glycoprotein that functions as an osteoinductive factor...
- James A, Shen J, Zhang X, Asatrian G, Goyal R, Kwak J, et al. NELL-1 in the treatment of osteoporotic bone loss. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7362 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings suggest that NELL-1 deficiency plays a role in osteoporosis and demonstrate the potential utility of NELL-1 as a combination anabolic/antiosteoclastic therapeutic for bone loss. ..
- Li C, Jiang J, Zheng Z, Lee K, Zhou Y, Chen E, et al. Neural EGFL-Like 1 Is a Downstream Regulator of Runt-Related Transcription Factor 2 in Chondrogenic Differentiation and Maturation. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:963-972 pubmed publisher..Nell-1 is a key functional mediator of chondrogenesis, thus opening up new possibilities for the application of Nell-1 in cartilage regeneration. ..