Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nectin3
Description: nectin cell adhesion molecule 3
Alias: 2610301B19Rik, 3000002N23Rik, 4921513D19Rik, AA407785, AU016832, AW538082, CD113, Pvrl3, nectin-3, poliovirus receptor-related 3, poliovirus receptor-related protein 3
- Stottmann R, Donlin M, Hafner A, Bernard A, Sinclair D, Beier D. A mutation in Tubb2b, a human polymicrogyria gene, leads to lethality and abnormal cortical development in the mouse. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:4053-63 pubmed publisher..This allele of Tubb2b represents the most severely affected mouse tubulin phenotype reported to date and this is the first report of a tubulin mutation affecting neuronal proliferation and survival. ..
- Fukuda T, Kominami K, Wang S, Togashi H, Hirata K, Mizoguchi A, et al. Aberrant cochlear hair cell attachments caused by Nectin-3 deficiency result in hair bundle abnormalities. Development. 2014;141:399-409 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that, owing to the loss of Nectin-3, hair cells contact each other inappropriately and form abnormal junctions, ultimately resulting in abnormal hair bundle orientation and morphology. ..
- Ikeda W, Kakunaga S, Itoh S, Shingai T, Takekuni K, Satoh K, et al. Tage4/Nectin-like molecule-5 heterophilically trans-interacts with cell adhesion molecule Nectin-3 and enhances cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28167-72 pubmed..Thus, Tage4 heterophilically trans-interacts with nectin-3 and regulates cell migration. Tage4 is tentatively re-named here nectin-like molecule-5 (necl-5) on the basis of its function and domain structure similar to those of nectins. ..
- Shingai T, Ikeda W, Kakunaga S, Morimoto K, Takekuni K, Itoh S, et al. Implications of nectin-like molecule-2/IGSF4/RA175/SgIGSF/TSLC1/SynCAM1 in cell-cell adhesion and transmembrane protein localization in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:35421-7 pubmed..These results indicate the unique localization of Necl-2 and its possible involvement in localization of a transmembrane protein(s) through Pals2. ..
- Kakunaga S, Ikeda W, Itoh S, Deguchi Tawarada M, Ohtsuka T, Mizoguchi A, et al. Nectin-like molecule-1/TSLL1/SynCAM3: a neural tissue-specific immunoglobulin-like cell-cell adhesion molecule localizing at non-junctional contact sites of presynaptic nerve terminals, axons and glia cell processes. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1267-77 pubmed
- Hildebrand J. Shroom regulates epithelial cell shape via the apical positioning of an actomyosin network. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5191-203 pubmed..Thus, Shroom likely facilitates neural tube closure by regulating cell shape changes via the apical positioning of an actomyosin network in the neurepithelium. ..
- Yoshida T, Miyoshi J, Takai Y, Thesleff I. Cooperation of nectin-1 and nectin-3 is required for normal ameloblast function and crown shape development in mouse teeth. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2558-69 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that heterophilic interaction between nectin-1 and nectin-3 recruits desmosomal junctions, and that these are required for proper enamel formation. ..
- Terada K, Yomogida K, Imai T, Kiyonari H, Takeda N, Kadomatsu T, et al. A type I DnaJ homolog, DjA1, regulates androgen receptor signaling and spermatogenesis. EMBO J. 2005;24:611-22 pubmed..These results revealed a critical role of DjA1 in spermiogenesis and suggest that DjA1 and DjA2 are not functionally equivalent in vivo. ..
- Mueller S, Wimmer E. Recruitment of nectin-3 to cell-cell junctions through trans-heterophilic interaction with CD155, a vitronectin and poliovirus receptor that localizes to alpha(v)beta3 integrin-containing membrane microdomains. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31251-60 pubmed
- Lachke S, Higgins A, Inagaki M, Saadi I, Xi Q, Long M, et al. The cell adhesion gene PVRL3 is associated with congenital ocular defects. Hum Genet. 2012;131:235-50 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the expression of PVRL3, which encodes the cell adhesion protein Nectin 3, is significantly reduced in patient DGAP113 lymphoblastoid cells, likely due to a position effect caused by the ..
- Kurita S, Yamada T, Rikitsu E, Ikeda W, Takai Y. Binding between the junctional proteins afadin and PLEKHA7 and implication in the formation of adherens junction in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:29356-68 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PLEKHA7 plays a cooperative role with nectin and afadin in the proper formation of AJ in epithelial cells. ..
- Liu W, Wen W, Wei Z, Yu J, Ye F, Liu C, et al. The INAD scaffold is a dynamic, redox-regulated modulator of signaling in the Drosophila eye. Cell. 2011;145:1088-101 pubmed publisher..These results show that scaffolding proteins can actively modulate the intrinsic redox potentials of their disulfide bonds to exert regulatory roles in signaling. ..
- Okabe N, Ozaki Kuroda K, Nakanishi H, Shimizu K, Takai Y. Expression patterns of nectins and afadin during epithelial remodeling in the mouse embryo. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:174-86 pubmed..These results suggest that nectins and afadin are involved in dynamic epithelial remodeling during mouse development. ..
- Kuramitsu K, Ikeda W, Inoue N, Tamaru Y, Takai Y. Novel role of nectin: implication in the co-localization of JAM-A and claudin-1 at the same cell-cell adhesion membrane domain. Genes Cells. 2008;13:797-805 pubmed publisher..Nectin-3 required afadin, a nectin- and F-actin-binding protein, for this ability. In conclusion, nectin plays a novel role in the co-localization of JAM and claudin at the same CAMD. ..
- Tanaka Y, Nakanishi H, Kakunaga S, Okabe N, Kawakatsu T, Shimizu K, et al. Role of nectin in formation of E-cadherin-based adherens junctions in keratinocytes: analysis with the N-cadherin dominant negative mutant. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1597-609 pubmed..Thus, nectin plays a role in the formation of E-cadherin-based AJs in keratinocytes. ..
- Rugg Gunn P, Cox B, Lanner F, Sharma P, Ignatchenko V, McDonald A, et al. Cell-surface proteomics identifies lineage-specific markers of embryo-derived stem cells. Dev Cell. 2012;22:887-901 pubmed publisher..These results provide a comprehensive stem cell proteomic resource and enable new approaches to interrogate the mechanisms that regulate cell fate specification. ..
- Reymond N, Garrido Urbani S, Borg J, Dubreuil P, Lopez M. PICK-1: a scaffold protein that interacts with Nectins and JAMs at cell junctions. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:2243-9 pubmed
- Wang X, Su Y, Wagner K, Avrabos C, Scharf S, Hartmann J, et al. Nectin-3 links CRHR1 signaling to stress-induced memory deficits and spine loss. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:706-13 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that hippocampal nectin-3 is necessary for the effects of stress on memory and structural plasticity and indicate that the CRH-CRHR1 system interacts with the nectin-afadin complex to mediate such effects. ..
- Maruoka M, Kedashiro S, Ueda Y, Mizutani K, Takai Y. Nectin-4 co-stimulates the prolactin receptor by interacting with SOCS1 and inhibiting its activity on the JAK2-STAT5a signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:6895-6909 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that nectin-4 serves as a stimulatory co-receptor for the prolactin receptor by regulating the feedback inhibition of SOCS1 in the JAK2-STAT5a signaling pathway. ..
- Fame R, Dehay C, Kennedy H, Macklis J. Subtype-Specific Genes that Characterize Subpopulations of Callosal Projection Neurons in Mouse Identify Molecularly Homologous Populations in Macaque Cortex. Cereb Cortex. 2017;27:1817-1830 pubmed publisher..Together, these data inform future studies regarding CPN subpopulations that are unique to primates and rodents, and indicate putative evolutionary relationships. ..
- Kim J, Chang A, Dudak A, Federoff H, Lim S. Characterization of nectin processing mediated by presenilin-dependent ?-secretase. J Neurochem. 2011;119:945-56 pubmed publisher..Nectin-3, which forms hetero-trans-dimers with nectin-1, also undergoes intramembrane cleavage mediated by PS1/?-secretase, suggesting that PS1/?-secreatse activity regulates synapse formation and remodeling by nectin processing. ..
- Togashi H, Miyoshi J, Honda T, Sakisaka T, Takai Y, Takeichi M. Interneurite affinity is regulated by heterophilic nectin interactions in concert with the cadherin machinery. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:141-51 pubmed..These results suggest that the axon-biased localization of N1 and its trans-interaction with N3 in cooperation with the cadherin machinery is critical for the ordered association of axons and dendrites. ..
- Togashi H, Kominami K, Waseda M, Komura H, Miyoshi J, Takeichi M, et al. Nectins establish a checkerboard-like cellular pattern in the auditory epithelium. Science. 2011;333:1144-7 pubmed publisher..When cells expressing either nectin-1 or -3 were cocultured, they arranged themselves into a mosaic pattern. Thus, nectin-1 and -3 promote the formation of the checkerboard-like pattern of the auditory epithelia. ..
- Gan Q, Lee A, Suzuki R, Yamagami T, Stokes A, Nguyen B, et al. Pax6 mediates ß-catenin signaling for self-renewal and neurogenesis by neocortical radial glial stem cells. Stem Cells. 2014;32:45-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, Pax6 is a novel downstream target of the Wnt/ß-catenin pathway, and ß-catenin/Pax6 signaling plays critical roles in self-renewal and neurogenesis of radial glia/neural stem cells during neocortical development. ..
- Sato T, Irie K, Okamoto R, Ooshio T, Fujita N, Takai Y. Common signaling pathway is used by the trans-interaction of Necl-5/Tage4/PVR/CD155 and nectin, and of nectin and nectin during the formation of cell-cell adhesion. Cancer Sci. 2005;96:578-89 pubmed..These results indicate that the trans-interactions of Necl-5 and nectin-3 and of nectin and nectin induce the activation of Cdc42 and Rac through the common signaling molecules c-Src, Rap1, FRG, and Vav2. ..
- Gil Sanz C, Franco S, Martinez Garay I, Espinosa A, Harkins Perry S, Muller U. Cajal-Retzius cells instruct neuronal migration by coincidence signaling between secreted and contact-dependent guidance cues. Neuron. 2013;79:461-77 pubmed publisher..adhesion molecule nectin1, whereas neocortical projection neurons express its preferred binding partner, nectin3. We demonstrate that nectin1- and nectin3-mediated interactions between CR cells and migrating neurons are ..
- Ozaki Kuroda K, Nakanishi H, Ohta H, Tanaka H, Kurihara H, Mueller S, et al. Nectin couples cell-cell adhesion and the actin scaffold at heterotypic testicular junctions. Curr Biol. 2002;12:1145-50 pubmed..These results indicate that the nectin-afadin system plays essential roles in coupling cell-cell adhesion and the cortical actin scaffold at SspJs and in subsequent sperm morphogenesis. ..
- Kawagishi R, Tahara M, Morishige K, Sakata M, Tasaka K, Ikeda W, et al. Expression of nectin-2 in mouse granulosa cells. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2005;121:71-6 pubmed..The restricted expression of nectin-2 in the granulosa cells of primary and preantral follicles might reflect some of the molecular changes in cell-cell adhesion during early follicular development. ..
- Toyama Y, Suzuki Toyota F, Maekawa M, Ito C, Toshimori K. Disruption of ectoplasmic specializations between Sertoli cells and maturing spermatids by anti-nectin-2 and anti-nectin-3 antibodies. Asian J Androl. 2008;10:577-84 pubmed..As a result, the specialization lost the holding function and detachment of spermatids was observed. One of the functions of the specialization seems to be to hold maturing spermatids until spermiation. ..
- Tanaka Okamoto M, Hori K, Ishizaki H, Itoh Y, Onishi S, Yonemura S, et al. Involvement of afadin in barrier function and homeostasis of mouse intestinal epithelia. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2231-40 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that afadin plays crucial roles, independently of the role as the nectin-afadin module, in barrier function and homeostasis of the intestinal epithelia once the epithelial structure has been established. ..
- Wallgard E, Nitzsche A, Larsson J, Guo X, Dieterich L, Dimberg A, et al. Paladin (X99384) is expressed in the vasculature and shifts from endothelial to vascular smooth muscle cells during mouse development. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:770-86 pubmed publisher..During embryonic stages it is broadly expressed in endothelial cells, while in the adult it is selectively expressed in arterial smooth muscle cells. ..
- Yamada T, Kuramitsu K, Rikitsu E, Kurita S, Ikeda W, Takai Y. Nectin and junctional adhesion molecule are critical cell adhesion molecules for the apico-basal alignment of adherens and tight junctions in epithelial cells. Genes Cells. 2013;18:985-98 pubmed publisher..We describe the cooperative roles of these CAMs and CPMs in the apico-basal alignment of TJs and AJs in epithelial cells. ..
- Sipe C, Liu L, Lee J, Grimsley Myers C, Lu X. Lis1 mediates planar polarity of auditory hair cells through regulation of microtubule organization. Development. 2013;140:1785-95 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate that Lis1 mediates the planar polarity of hair cells through regulation of microtubule organization downstream of the tissue polarity pathway. ..
- Ishiuchi T, Takeichi M. Nectins localize Willin to cell-cell junctions. Genes Cells. 2012;17:387-97 pubmed publisher..In addition, we report that the positioning of nectins at the AJC is dependent on their binding to afadin. Thus, our results suggest that the nectin-afadin interaction plays a role in the correct localization of Willin. ..
- Takekuni K, Ikeda W, Fujito T, Morimoto K, Takeuchi M, Monden M, et al. Direct binding of cell polarity protein PAR-3 to cell-cell adhesion molecule nectin at neuroepithelial cells of developing mouse. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5497-500 pubmed..These results indicate that nectin-1 and -3 are involved in the localization of PAR-3 at AJs in the neuroepithelial cells of the embryonic telencephalon. ..
- Katsunuma S, Honda H, Shinoda T, Ishimoto Y, Miyata T, Kiyonari H, et al. Synergistic action of nectins and cadherins generates the mosaic cellular pattern of the olfactory epithelium. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:561-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the synergistic action of nectins and cadherins generates mosaic pattern, which cannot be achieved by a single mechanism. ..