Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ndor1
Description: NADPH dependent diflavin oxidoreductase 1
Alias: 4930447P04Rik, NR1, Ndor, Tg(UBC-cre/ERT2)1Ejb, Ubc-cre, NADPH-dependent diflavin oxidoreductase 1, NADPH-dependent FMN and FAD-containing oxidoreductase, Tg(UBC-cre)1Ejb, Tg(UBC-cre/ESR1)1Ejb
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Tang Y, Wallace M, Sanchez Gurmaches J, Hsiao W, Li H, Lee P, et al. Adipose tissue mTORC2 regulates ChREBP-driven de novo lipogenesis and hepatic glucose metabolism. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11365 pubmed publisher..These data suggest mTORC2 functions in WAT as part of an extra-hepatic nutrient-sensing mechanism to control glucose homeostasis. ..
- Fang V, Chaluvadi V, Ramos Perez W, Mendoza A, Baeyens A, Rivera R, et al. Gradients of the signaling lipid S1P in lymph nodes position natural killer cells and regulate their interferon-? response. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:15-25 pubmed publisher..Our findings elucidate the spatial cues for NK cell organization and reveal a previously unknown role for S1P in positioning cells within the medulla. ..
- Sun X, Wang S, Wei Y, Luo X, Jia Y, Li L, et al. Arid1a Has Context-Dependent Oncogenic and Tumor Suppressor Functions in Liver Cancer. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:574-589.e6 pubmed publisher..In summary, ARID1A has context-dependent tumor-suppressive and oncogenic roles in cancer. ..
- Rahman A, Zhang R, Blosser C, Hou B, DeFranco A, Maltzman J, et al. Antiviral memory CD8 T-cell differentiation, maintenance, and secondary expansion occur independently of MyD88. Blood. 2011;117:3123-30 pubmed publisher..Our findings clarify the importance of MyD88 during distinct phases of the antiviral T-cell response and establish differential dependence on MyD88 signaling as a novel characteristic that distinguishes naive from memory CD8 T cells. ..
- Chang J, Burkett P, Borges C, Kuchroo V, Turka L, Chang C. MyD88 is essential to sustain mTOR activation necessary to promote T helper 17 cell proliferation by linking IL-1 and IL-23 signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:2270-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that MyD88 has a dual function in Th17 cells by delivering IL-1 signaling during the early differentiation stage and integrating IL-23 signaling to the mTOR complex to expand committed Th17 cells. ..
- Hwang W, Salinas R, Siu J, Kelley K, Delgado R, Paredes M, et al. Distinct and separable roles for EZH2 in neurogenic astroglia. elife. 2014;3:e02439 pubmed publisher..DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.02439.001. ..
- Pestal K, Funk C, Snyder J, Price N, Treuting P, Stetson D. Isoforms of RNA-Editing Enzyme ADAR1 Independently Control Nucleic Acid Sensor MDA5-Driven Autoimmunity and Multi-organ Development. Immunity. 2015;43:933-44 pubmed publisher..Our findings delineate genetically separable roles for both ADAR1 isoforms inÂ vivo, with implications for the human diseases caused by ADAR mutations. ..
- Kobayashi H, Gilbert V, Liu Q, Kapitsinou P, Unger T, Rha J, et al. Myeloid cell-derived hypoxia-inducible factor attenuates inflammation in unilateral ureteral obstruction-induced kidney injury. J Immunol. 2012;188:5106-15 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we provide experimental evidence that hypoxia and/or myeloid cell-specific HIF activation attenuates renal inflammation associated with chronic kidney injury. ..
- Ma M, Tian X, Igarashi P, Pazour G, Somlo S. Loss of cilia suppresses cyst growth in genetic models of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Nat Genet. 2013;45:1004-12 pubmed publisher..These data establish the existence of a new pathway defined by polycystin-dependent inhibition and cilia-dependent activation that promotes rapid cyst growth. ..
- Gomes A, Price N, Ling A, Moslehi J, Montgomery M, Rajman L, et al. Declining NAD(+) induces a pseudohypoxic state disrupting nuclear-mitochondrial communication during aging. Cell. 2013;155:1624-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, a pseudohypoxic state that disrupts PGC-1?/?-independent nuclear-mitochondrial communication contributes to the decline in mitochondrial function with age, a process that is apparently reversible. ..
- Lamming D, Mihaylova M, Katajisto P, Baar E, Yilmaz O, Hutchins A, et al. Depletion of Rictor, an essential protein component of mTORC2, decreases male lifespan. Aging Cell. 2014;13:911-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that inhibition of mTORC2 signaling is detrimental to males, which may explain in part why interventions that decrease mTOR signaling show greater efficacy in females. ..
- Drosten M, SimÃ³n Carrasco L, HernÃ¡ndez Porras I, Lechuga C, Blasco M, Jacob H, et al. H-Ras and K-Ras Oncoproteins Induce Different Tumor Spectra When Driven by the Same Regulatory Sequences. Cancer Res. 2017;77:707-718 pubmed publisher..Cancer Res; 77(3); 707-18. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Piñeiro Hermida S, López I, Alfaro Arnedo E, Torrens R, Iñiguez M, Alvarez Erviti L, et al. IGF1R deficiency attenuates acute inflammatory response in a bleomycin-induced lung injury mouse model. Sci Rep. 2017;7:4290 pubmed publisher..These findings identify IGF1R as an important player in murine acute lung inflammation, suggesting that targeting IGF1R may counteract the inflammatory component of many lung diseases. ..
- Madera S, Geary C, Lau C, Pikovskaya O, Reiner S, Sun J. Cutting Edge: Divergent Requirement of T-Box Transcription Factors in Effector and Memory NK Cells. J Immunol. 2018;200:1977-1981 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover a nonredundant and stage-specific influence of T-box transcription factors in the antiviral NK cell response. ..
- Ganuza M, Saiz Ladera C, Canamero M, Gomez G, Schneider R, Blasco M, et al. Genetic inactivation of Cdk7 leads to cell cycle arrest and induces premature aging due to adult stem cell exhaustion. EMBO J. 2012;31:2498-510 pubmed publisher..This process, a physiological attempt to maintain tissue homeostasis, led to the attrition of adult stem cell pools and to the appearance of age-related phenotypes, including telomere shortening and early death. ..
- Sun W, Wagnon J, Mahaffey C, Briese M, Ule J, Frankel W. Aberrant sodium channel activity in the complex seizure disorder of Celf4 mutant mice. J Physiol. 2013;591:241-55 pubmed publisher..6 protein at the AIS in both null and heterozygous neurons. Together these results suggest that activation of Na(v)1.6 plays a crucial role in seizure generation in this complex model of neurological disease. ..
- Souza C, Davidson D, Rhee I, Gratton J, Davis E, Veillette A. The phosphatase PTP-PEST/PTPN12 regulates endothelial cell migration and adhesion, but not permeability, and controls vascular development and embryonic viability. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:43180-90 pubmed publisher..This function explains at least in part the essential role of PTP-PEST in embryonic development and viability. ..
- Schmidt A, Lu W, Sindhava V, Huang Y, Burkhardt J, Yang E, et al. Regulatory T cells require TCR signaling for their suppressive function. J Immunol. 2015;194:4362-70 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that TCR-mediated PLCÎ³ activation, but not integrin activation, is required for Tregs to inhibit Tconv proliferation. ..
- Reddy O, Cates J, Gellert L, Crist H, Yang Z, Yamashita H, et al. Loss of FOXA1 Drives Sexually Dimorphic Changes in Urothelial Differentiation and Is an Independent Predictor of Poor Prognosis in Bladder Cancer. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:1385-95 pubmed publisher..Analysis of human tumor specimens confirmed a significant relationship between loss of FOXA1 and increased cytokeratin 14 expression. ..
- Sanchez Gurmaches J, Tang Y, Jespersen N, Wallace M, Martinez Calejman C, Gujja S, et al. Brown Fat AKT2 Is a Cold-Induced Kinase that Stimulates ChREBP-Mediated De Novo Lipogenesis to Optimize Fuel Storage and Thermogenesis. Cell Metab. 2018;27:195-209.e6 pubmed publisher..These data provide insight into adipocyte DNL regulation and function and illustrate the metabolic flexibility of thermogenesis. ..
- Quintana A, Kruse S, Kapur R, Sanz E, Palmiter R. Complex I deficiency due to loss of Ndufs4 in the brain results in progressive encephalopathy resembling Leigh syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:10996-1001 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that dysfunctional complex I in specific brain regions results in progressive glial activation that promotes neuronal death that ultimately results in mortality. ..
- Sawamukai N, Satake A, Schmidt A, Lamborn I, Ojha P, Tanaka Y, et al. Cell-autonomous role of TGFÎ² and IL-2 receptors in CD4+ and CD8+ inducible regulatory T-cell generation during GVHD. Blood. 2012;119:5575-83 pubmed publisher..These data illustrate the complex makeup of the donor-derived FoxP3(+) Treg pool in allogeneic recipients and their potential role in protection against GVHD. ..
- Lenti E, Farinello D, Yokoyama K, Penkov D, Castagnaro L, Lavorgna G, et al. Transcription factor TLX1 controls retinoic acid signaling to ensure spleen development. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:2452-64 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings establish TLX1 as a critical regulator of RA metabolism and provide mechanistic insights into the molecular determinants of human congenital asplenia. ..
- Brandt M, Grazioso T, Fawal M, Tummala K, Torres Ruiz R, Rodriguez Perales S, et al. mTORC1 Inactivation Promotes Colitis-Induced Colorectal Cancer but Protects from APC Loss-Dependent Tumorigenesis. Cell Metab. 2018;27:118-135.e8 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals mTORC1 oncogenic and tumor-suppressive roles in intestinal epithelium and avenues to optimized and personalized therapeutic regimens for CRC. ..
- Ruzankina Y, Schoppy D, Asare A, CLARK C, Vonderheide R, Brown E. Tissue regenerative delays and synthetic lethality in adult mice after combined deletion of Atr and Trp53. Nat Genet. 2009;41:1144-9 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that the combined loss of Atr and Trp53 in adult mice leads to the accumulation of highly damaged cells, which, consequently, impose a barrier to regeneration from undamaged progenitors. ..
- Gilad O, Nabet B, Ragland R, Schoppy D, Smith K, Durham A, et al. Combining ATR suppression with oncogenic Ras synergistically increases genomic instability, causing synthetic lethality or tumorigenesis in a dosage-dependent manner. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9693-702 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of the ATR pathway both as a barrier to malignant progression and as a potential target for cancer treatment. ..
- Tan Q, Brunetti L, Rousseaux M, Lu H, Wan Y, Revelli J, et al. Loss of Capicua alters early T cell development and predisposes mice to T cell lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:E1511-E1519 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we show that mouse models lacking CIC in the hematopoietic system are robust models for studying the role of RAS signaling as well as NOTCH1 and MYC transcriptional programs in T-ALL. ..
- Jones T, Jones P. A cre-inducible DUX4 transgenic mouse model for investigating facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0192657 pubmed publisher..Overall, the FLExDUX4 line of mice is quite versatile and will allow new investigations into mechanisms of DUX4-mediated pathophysiology as well as much-needed pre-clinical testing of DUX4-targeted FSHD interventions in vivo. ..
- Gruber M, Hu C, Johnson R, Brown E, Keith B, Simon M. Acute postnatal ablation of Hif-2alpha results in anemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2301-6 pubmed
- Jung H, Hsiung B, Pestal K, Procyk E, Raulet D. RAE-1 ligands for the NKG2D receptor are regulated by E2F transcription factors, which control cell cycle entry. J Exp Med. 2012;209:2409-22 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that cellular proliferation, as occurs in cancer cells but also other pathological conditions, is a key signal tied to immune reactions mediated by NKG2D-bearing lymphocytes. ..
- Soleimanpour S, Gupta A, Bakay M, Ferrari A, Groff D, Fadista J, et al. The diabetes susceptibility gene Clec16a regulates mitophagy. Cell. 2014;157:1577-90 pubmed publisher..This pathway could be targeted for prevention and control of diabetes and may extend to the pathogenesis of other Clec16a- and Parkin-associated diseases. ..
- Gage P, Kuang C, Zacharias A. The homeodomain transcription factor PITX2 is required for specifying correct cell fates and establishing angiogenic privilege in the developing cornea. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:1391-400 pubmed publisher..However, they are unlikely to play a role in specifying cell fate within the corneal ectoderm. Together, these data provide important insights into the mechanisms regulating cornea development. ..
- Young N, Kamireddy A, Van Nostrand J, Eichner L, Shokhirev M, Dayn Y, et al. AMPK governs lineage specification through Tfeb-dependent regulation of lysosomes. Genes Dev. 2016;30:535-52 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results uncover the AMPK pathway as a novel regulator of cell fate determination during differentiation. ..
- Lapinski P, Lubeck B, Chen D, Doosti A, Zawieja S, Davis M, et al. RASA1 regulates the function of lymphatic vessel valves in mice. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2569-2585 pubmed publisher..Thus, RASA1 catalytic activity is essential for the function and development of LV valves. These data provide a partial explanation for LV leakage defects and potentially other LV abnormalities observed in CM-AVM. ..
- Das R, Bassiri H, Guan P, Wiener S, Banerjee P, Zhong M, et al. The adaptor molecule SAP plays essential roles during invariant NKT cell cytotoxicity and lytic synapse formation. Blood. 2013;121:3386-95 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies highlight a novel and essential role for SAP during iNKT cell cytotoxicity and formation of a functional IS. ..
- Gibson D, Pi L, Sriram S, Mao C, Petersen B, Scott E, et al. Conditional knockout of CTGF affects corneal wound healing. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:2062-70 pubmed publisher..Connective tissue growth factor is expressed in the naïve cornea, lens, iris, and retina, and is expressed immediately after epithelial injury. Loss of CTGF impairs efficient re-epithelialization of corneal wounds...
- Royo H, Prosser H, Ruzankina Y, Mahadevaiah S, Cloutier J, Baumann M, et al. ATR acts stage specifically to regulate multiple aspects of mammalian meiotic silencing. Genes Dev. 2013;27:1484-94 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies a role for ATR in the epigenetic regulation of gene expression and presents a new technique for ablating gene function in the germline. ..
- Akbay E, Moslehi J, Christensen C, Saha S, Tchaicha J, Ramkissoon S, et al. D-2-hydroxyglutarate produced by mutant IDH2 causes cardiomyopathy and neurodegeneration in mice. Genes Dev. 2014;28:479-90 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that inhibitors of mutant IDH2 may be beneficial in the treatment of D2HGA and suggest that 2HG produced by IDH mutant tumors has the potential to provoke a paraneoplastic condition. ..
- Nakada D, Saunders T, Morrison S. Lkb1 regulates cell cycle and energy metabolism in haematopoietic stem cells. Nature. 2010;468:653-8 pubmed publisher..Lkb1 is therefore required for HSC maintenance through AMPK-dependent and AMPK-independent mechanisms, revealing differences in metabolic and cell-cycle regulation between HSCs and some other haematopoietic progenitors. ..
- Zou Z, Enis D, Bui H, Khandros E, Kumar V, Jakus Z, et al. The secreted lymphangiogenic factor CCBE1 is essential for fetal liver erythropoiesis. Blood. 2013;121:3228-36 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that CCBE1 plays an essential role in regulating the fetal liver erythropoietic environment and suggest that EBI formation is regulated differently in the fetal liver and bone marrow...
- Mercken E, Mitchell S, Martin Montalvo A, Minor R, Almeida M, Gomes A, et al. SRT2104 extends survival of male mice on a standard diet and preserves bone and muscle mass. Aging Cell. 2014;13:787-96 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate it is possible to design a small molecule that can slow aging and delay multiple age-related diseases in mammals, supporting the therapeutic potential of SIRT1 activators in humans. ..
- Jantsch J, Schatz V, Friedrich D, SchrÃ¶der A, Kopp C, Siegert I, et al. Cutaneous Na+ storage strengthens the antimicrobial barrier function of the skin and boosts macrophage-driven host defense. Cell Metab. 2015;21:493-501 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the hypertonic microenvironment could serve as a barrier to infection. ..
- Chu M, Li T, Shen B, Cao X, Zhong H, Zhang L, et al. Angiopoietin receptor Tie2 is required for vein specification and maintenance via regulating COUP-TFII. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Together, our results imply that Tie2 is essential for venous specification and maintenance via Akt mediated stabilization of COUP-TFII. ..
- Shinoda G, Shyh Chang N, Soysa T, Zhu H, Seligson M, Shah S, et al. Fetal deficiency of lin28 programs life-long aberrations in growth and glucose metabolism. Stem Cells. 2013;31:1563-73 pubmed publisher..Our data implicate fetal expression of Lin28a/b in the regulation of life-long effects on metabolism and growth, and demonstrate that fetal Lin28b acts at least in part via mTORC1 signaling. ..
- Li Y, Choi P, Casey S, Felsher D. Activation of Cre recombinase alone can induce complete tumor regression. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e107589 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that tamoxifen-mediated Cre activation in vivo induced the regression of primary lymphomas in p53-/- mice. Our findings illustrate that Cre activation alone can induce the regression of established tumors. ..
- Kim H, Choi W, Sorscher N, Park H, Tronche F, Palmiter R, et al. Genetic reduction of mitochondrial complex I function does not lead to loss of dopamine neurons in vivo. Neurobiol Aging. 2015;36:2617-27 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the existence of alternative mechanisms of dopaminergic neuron death independent of mitochondrial complex I inhibition. ..
- Cho S, Raybuck A, Stengel K, Wei M, Beck T, Volanakis E, et al. Germinal centre hypoxia and regulation of antibody qualities by a hypoxia response system. Nature. 2016;537:234-238 pubmed publisher..We propose that the restriction of oxygen in lymphoid organs, which can be altered in pathophysiological states, modulates humoral immunity. ..
- PiÃ±eiro Hermida S, Gregory J, LÃ³pez I, Torrens R, RuÃz MartÃnez C, Adner M, et al. Attenuated airway hyperresponsiveness and mucus secretion in HDM-exposed Igf1r-deficient mice. Allergy. 2017;72:1317-1326 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identifies IGF1R as a potential therapeutic target, not only for asthma but also for hypersecretory airway diseases. ..
- Lapinski P, Bauler T, Brown E, Hughes E, Saunders T, King P. Generation of mice with a conditional allele of the p120 Ras GTPase-activating protein. Genesis. 2007;45:762-7 pubmed..The conditional rasa1 mouse will be useful for the analysis of the role of RasGAP in mature cell types. ..
- Gao Y, Sartori D, Li C, Yu Q, Kushner J, Simon M, et al. PERK is required in the adult pancreas and is essential for maintenance of glucose homeostasis. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:5129-39 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates that contrary to expectations, PERK is required for secretory homeostasis and ? cell survival in adult mice...
- Yang P, Zhang Y, Pang J, Zhang S, Yu Q, He L, et al. Loss of Jak2 impairs endothelial function by attenuating Raf-1/MEK1/Sp-1 signaling along with altered eNOS activities. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:617-25 pubmed publisher..These data are important not only for understanding the exact role that Jak2 plays in endothelial homeostasis, but also for assessing Jak2-based therapeutic strategies in a variety of clinical settings. ..
- Biel T, Lee S, Flores Toro J, Dean J, Go K, Lee M, et al. Sirtuin 1 suppresses mitochondrial dysfunction of ischemic mouse livers in a mitofusin 2-dependent manner. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:279-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that the loss of SIRT1 causes a sequential chain of defective autophagy, mitochondrial dysfunction, and hepatocyte death after I/R. ..
- Jacome A, Gutierrez Martinez P, Schiavoni F, Tenaglia E, Martinez P, RodrÃguez Acebes S, et al. NSMCE2 suppresses cancer and aging in mice independently of its SUMO ligase activity. EMBO J. 2015;34:2604-19 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals that SUMO- and BLM-independent activities of NSMCE2 limit recombination and facilitate segregation; functions of the SMC5/6 complex that are necessary to prevent cancer and aging in mice. ..
- Lum J, Bui T, Gruber M, Gordan J, DeBerardinis R, Covello K, et al. The transcription factor HIF-1alpha plays a critical role in the growth factor-dependent regulation of both aerobic and anaerobic glycolysis. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1037-49 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that HIF-1alpha contributes to the regulation of growth factor-stimulated glucose metabolism even in the absence of hypoxia...
- Sha H, Sun S, Francisco A, Ehrhardt N, Xue Z, Liu L, et al. The ER-associated degradation adaptor protein Sel1L regulates LPL secretion and lipid metabolism. Cell Metab. 2014;20:458-70 pubmed publisher..The Sel1L-mediated control of LPL secretion is also seen in other LPL-expressing cell types including cardiac myocytes and macrophages. Thus, our study reports a role of Sel1L in LPL secretion and systemic lipid metabolism...
- Yin Q, Shen J, Wan X, Liu Q, Zhou Y, Zhang Y. Impaired sperm maturation in conditional Lcn6 knockout mice. Biol Reprod. 2017;: pubmed publisher..01). These results demonstrate an important function of LCN6 in preventing calcium overload and premature acrosome reaction of sperm and suggest a potential risk factor of LCN6 deficiency for sperm maturation...
- Zacharias A, Gage P. Canonical Wnt/?-catenin signaling is required for maintenance but not activation of Pitx2 expression in neural crest during eye development. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3215-25 pubmed publisher..Other key transcription factors in the neural crest, including Foxc1, do not require intact canonical Wnt signaling. ..
- Wagnon J, Mahaffey C, Sun W, Yang Y, Chao H, Frankel W. Etiology of a genetically complex seizure disorder in Celf4 mutant mice. Genes Brain Behav. 2011;10:765-77 pubmed publisher..We posit that altered excitatory neurotransmission resulting from Celf4 deficiency underlies the complex seizure disorder in Celf4 mutant mice. ..
- Sellars M, Huh J, Day K, Issuree P, Galan C, Gobeil S, et al. Regulation of DNA methylation dictates Cd4 expression during the development of helper and cytotoxic T cell lineages. Nat Immunol. 2015;16:746-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that stage-specific methylation and demethylation events in Cd4 regulate its heritable expression in response to the distinct signals that dictate lineage 'choice' during T cell development. ..
- Majmundar A, Lee D, Skuli N, Mesquita R, Kim M, Yodh A, et al. HIF modulation of Wnt signaling regulates skeletal myogenesis in vivo. Development. 2015;142:2405-12 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first evidence that HIF1? regulates skeletal myogenesis in vivo and establish a novel link between HIF and Wnt signaling in this context. ..
- Meng L, Ohman Gault L, Ma L, Krimm R. Taste Bud-Derived BDNF Is Required to Maintain Normal Amounts of Innervation to Adult Taste Buds. Eneuro. 2015;2: pubmed publisher..Taste buds were confirmed as the source of BDNF regulating innervation. We conclude that BDNF expressed in taste receptor cells is required to maintain normal levels of innervation in adulthood. ..
- Ladurner R, Kreidl E, Ivanov M, Ekker H, Idarraga Amado M, Busslinger G, et al. Sororin actively maintains sister chromatidÂ cohesion. EMBO J. 2016;35:635-53 pubmed publisher..This implies that sororin recruitment to cohesin does not depend on the DNA replication machinery or process itself, but on a property that cohesin acquires during cohesion establishment. ..
- Yang A, Herter Sprie G, Zhang H, Lin E, Biancur D, Wang X, et al. Autophagy Sustains Pancreatic Cancer Growth through Both Cell-Autonomous and Nonautonomous Mechanisms. Cancer Discov. 2018;8:276-287 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Discov; 8(3); 276-87. Â©2018 AACR.See related commentary by Noguera-Ortega and Amaravadi, p. 266This article is highlighted in the In This Issue feature, p. 253. ..
- Xu H, Valerio D, Eisold M, Sinha A, Koche R, Hu W, et al. NUP98 Fusion Proteins Interact with the NSL and MLL1 Complexes to Drive Leukemogenesis. Cancer Cell. 2016;30:863-878 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a molecular dependency on MLL1 function in NUP98-fusion-driven leukemogenesis. ..
- Jiang Q, Paramasivam M, Aressy B, Wu J, Bellani M, Tong W, et al. MERIT40 cooperates with BRCA2 to resolve DNA interstrand cross-links. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1955-68 pubmed publisher..These findings implicate MERIT40 in the earliest stages of ICL repair and define specific functional interactions between RAP80 complex-dependent ubiquitin recognition and the Fanconi anemia (FA)-BRCA ICL repair network. ..
- Wang Y, Bugatti M, Ulland T, Vermi W, Gilfillan S, Colonna M. Nonredundant roles of keratinocyte-derived IL-34 and neutrophil-derived CSF1 in Langerhans cell renewal in the steady state and during inflammation. Eur J Immunol. 2016;46:552-9 pubmed publisher..Our demonstration that neutrophils are an important source of CSF1 during skin inflammation may exemplify a mechanism through which neutrophils promote their subsequent replacement with mononuclear phagocytes. ..
- Sumitomo Y, Koya J, Nakazaki K, Kataoka K, Tsuruta Kishino T, Morita K, et al. Cytoprotective autophagy maintains leukemia-initiating cells in murine myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2016;128:1614-24 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the intratumoral heterogeneity related to autophagy in AML and the unique role of autophagy in leukemia development and drug resistance. ..
- Hu X, García M, Weng L, Jung X, Murakami J, Kumar B, et al. Identification of a common mesenchymal stromal progenitor for the adult haematopoietic niche. Nat Commun. 2016;7:13095 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Sca1+ progenitors, through the generation of both osteogenic and stromal cells, provide a supportive environment for hematopoiesis. ..
- Tang F, Zhang P, Ye P, Lazarski C, Wu Q, Bergin I, et al. A population of innate myelolymphoblastoid effector cell expanded by inactivation of mTOR complex 1 in mice. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our data unveil a novel leukocyte population and an unrecognized role of Raptor/mTORC1 in innate immune tolerance. ..
- Miró Murillo M, Elorza A, Soro Arnaiz I, Albacete Albacete L, Ordoñez A, Balsa E, et al. Acute Vhl gene inactivation induces cardiac HIF-dependent erythropoietin gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22589 pubmed publisher..Thus, as well as demonstrating the potential of dietary tamoxifen administration for gene inactivation studies in UBC-Cre-ER(T2) mouse lines, this data provides evidence of a cardiac oxygen-sensing VHL/HIF/EPO pathway in adult mice. ..
- Okuno Y, Ohtake F, Igarashi K, Kanno J, Matsumoto T, Takada I, et al. Epigenetic regulation of adipogenesis by PHF2 histone demethylase. Diabetes. 2013;62:1426-34 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that PHF2 histone demethylase potentiates adipogenesis through interaction with CEBPA in vivo. Taken together, PHF2 may be a novel therapeutic target in the treatment of obesity and the metabolic syndrome. ..
- Makinson C, Tanaka B, Lamar T, Goldin A, Escayg A. Role of the hippocampus in Nav1.6 (Scn8a) mediated seizure resistance. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;68:16-25 pubmed publisher..Our results identify the hippocampus as an important structure in the mediation of Scn8a-dependent seizure protection and suggest that selective targeting of Scn8a activity might be efficacious in patients with epilepsy. ..
- Smith Garvin J, Burns J, Gohil M, Zou T, Kim J, Maltzman J, et al. T-cell receptor signals direct the composition and function of the memory CD8+ T-cell pool. Blood. 2010;116:5548-59 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that TCR signals sufficient to promote CD8(+) T-cell differentiation are different from those required to elicit inflammatory cytokine production. ..
- Matson C, Murphy M, Griswold M, Yoshida S, Bardwell V, Zarkower D. The mammalian doublesex homolog DMRT1 is a transcriptional gatekeeper that controls the mitosis versus meiosis decision in male germ cells. Dev Cell. 2010;19:612-24 pubmed publisher..By coordinating spermatogonial development and mitotic amplification with meiosis, DMRT1 allows abundant, continuous production of sperm. ..
- Costa e Sousa R, Astapova I, Ye F, Wondisford F, Hollenberg A. The thyroid axis is regulated by NCoR1 via its actions in the pituitary. Endocrinology. 2012;153:5049-57 pubmed..Furthermore, these studies suggest that endogenous NCoR1 levels in the pituitary could establish the set point of TSH secretion. ..
- Ghigo C, Mondor I, Jorquera A, Nowak J, Wienert S, Zahner S, et al. Multicolor fate mapping of Langerhans cell homeostasis. J Exp Med. 2013;210:1657-64 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results demonstrate the general utility of our novel fate-mapping system to follow cell population dynamics in vivo and to establish an alternative model for LC homeostasis. ..
- Patra K, Wang Q, Bhaskar P, Miller L, Wang Z, Wheaton W, et al. Hexokinase 2 is required for tumor initiation and maintenance and its systemic deletion is therapeutic in mouse models of cancer. Cancer Cell. 2013;24:213-228 pubmed publisher..Hk2 deletion in lung cancer cells suppressed glucose-derived ribonucleotides and impaired glutamine-derived carbon utilization in anaplerosis. ..