Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nde1
Description: nudE neurodevelopment protein 1
Alias: 2810027M15Rik, AU042936, AW822251, Nude, mNudE, nuclear distribution protein nudE homolog 1, nuclear distribution gene E homolog 1
- Pawlisz A, Mutch C, Wynshaw Boris A, Chenn A, Walsh C, Feng Y. Lis1-Nde1-dependent neuronal fate control determines cerebral cortical size and lamination. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2441-55 pubmed publisher..Here we show that LIS1 and its binding protein Nde1 (mNudE) regulate the fate of radial glial progenitors collaboratively...
- Sasaki S, Mori D, Toyo oka K, Chen A, Garrett Beal L, Muramatsu M, et al. Complete loss of Ndel1 results in neuronal migration defects and early embryonic lethality. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7812-27 pubmed..Rescue of these defects in mouse embryonic fibroblasts and granule cells by overexpressing LIS1, NDEL1, or NDE1 suggest that NDEL1, LIS1, and NDE1 act in a common pathway to regulate dynein but each has distinct roles in the ..
- McKenney R, Weil S, Scherer J, Vallee R. Mutually exclusive cytoplasmic dynein regulation by NudE-Lis1 and dynactin. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:39615-22 pubmed publisher..We previously found NudE to bind dynein through its light chain 8 (LC8) and intermediate chain (IC) subunits (1), the latter of which also ..
- Toyo oka K, Shionoya A, Gambello M, Cardoso C, Leventer R, Ward H, et al. 14-3-3epsilon is important for neuronal migration by binding to NUDEL: a molecular explanation for Miller-Dieker syndrome. Nat Genet. 2003;34:274-85 pubmed..3 deletions. ..
- Pei Z, Lang B, Fragoso Y, Shearer K, Zhao L, Mccaffery P, et al. The expression and roles of Nde1 and Ndel1 in the adult mammalian central nervous system. Neuroscience. 2014;271:119-36 pubmed publisher..While genetic linkage analyses have shown an association of nuclear distribution factor E (NDE1, or NudE) and its ohnolog NDE-like 1 (NDEL1, or Nudel) with mental disorders, the cellular mechanisms remain unclear...
- Houlihan S, Feng Y. The scaffold protein Nde1 safeguards the brain genome during S phase of early neural progenitor differentiation. elife. 2014;3:e03297 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show a novel function for NDE1, whose mutations cause brain developmental disorders, in safeguarding the genome through S phase during early steps ..
- Maskey D, Marlin M, Kim S, Kim S, Ong E, Li G, et al. Cell cycle-dependent ubiquitylation and destruction of NDE1 by CDK5-FBW7 regulates ciliary length. EMBO J. 2015;34:2424-40 pubmed publisher..We previously identified the centrosomal phosphoprotein NDE1 as a negative regulator of ciliary length and showed that its levels inversely correlate with ciliogenesis...
- Bradshaw N, Ogawa F, Antolin Fontes B, Chubb J, Carlyle B, Christie S, et al. DISC1, PDE4B, and NDE1 at the centrosome and synapse. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:1091-6 pubmed publisher..Its protein binding partners include the Nuclear Distribution Factor E Homologs (NDE1 and NDEL1), LIS1, and phosphodiesterases 4B and 4D (PDE4B and PDE4D)...
- Soukoulis V, Reddy S, Pooley R, Feng Y, Walsh C, Bader D. Cytoplasmic LEK1 is a regulator of microtubule function through its interaction with the LIS1 pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8549-54 pubmedLIS1 and nuclear distribution gene E (NudE) are partner proteins in a conserved pathway regulating the function of dynein and microtubules...
- Cybulska Klosowicz A, Mazarakis N, van Dellen A, Blakemore C, Hannan A, Kossut M. Impaired learning-dependent cortical plasticity in Huntington's disease transgenic mice. Neurobiol Dis. 2004;17:427-34 pubmed..The results suggest that presymptomatic R6/1 HD transgenic mice show deficits in plasticity of primary somatosensory cortex. ..
- Cahana A, Jin X, Reiner O, Wynshaw Boris A, O NEILL C. A study of the nature of embryonic lethality in LIS1-/- mice. Mol Reprod Dev. 2003;66:134-42 pubmed..Lis1(-/-) embryos had significantly smaller trophoblast nuclei than wild-type embryos. The results show that LIS1 expression is required for the continued normal development of the ICM and optimal trophoblast giant cell formation. ..