Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ncoa1
Description: nuclear receptor coactivator 1
Alias: KAT13A, NCoA-1, NRC-1, SRC-1, SRC-a, SRC1, bHLHe74, mNRC-1, nuclear receptor coactivator 1, nuclear receptor coactivator protein 1, steroid receptor coactivator 1
- Picard F, Gehin M, Annicotte J, Rocchi S, Champy M, O Malley B, et al. SRC-1 and TIF2 control energy balance between white and brown adipose tissues. Cell. 2002;111:931-41 pubmed..Interestingly, a high-fat diet increases the TIF2/SRC-1 expression ratio, which may contribute to weight gain. These results reveal that the relative level of TIF2/SRC-1 can modulate energy metabolism. ..
- Weiss R, Xu J, Ning G, Pohlenz J, O Malley B, Refetoff S. Mice deficient in the steroid receptor co-activator 1 (SRC-1) are resistant to thyroid hormone. EMBO J. 1999;18:1900-4 pubmed..It supports the hypothesis that a putative defect in the SRC-1 gene or another co-factor could be the cause of RTH in humans without mutations in the TR genes. ..
- Gehin M, Mark M, Dennefeld C, Dierich A, Gronemeyer H, Chambon P. The function of TIF2/GRIP1 in mouse reproduction is distinct from those of SRC-1 and p/CIP. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:5923-37 pubmed..Thus, even though the three p160 coactivators exhibit strong sequence homology and similar activity in assays in vitro, they play distinct physiological roles in vivo, as their genetic eliminations result in distinct pathologies. ..
- York B, Reineke E, Sagen J, Nikolai B, Zhou S, Louet J, et al. Ablation of steroid receptor coactivator-3 resembles the human CACT metabolic myopathy. Cell Metab. 2012;15:752-63 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these findings allow us to consider platform coactivators such as the SRCs as potential contributors to syndromes such as CACT deficiency, previously considered as monogenic. ..
- Yu J, Farjo R, MacNee S, Baehr W, Stambolian D, Swaroop A. Annotation and analysis of 10,000 expressed sequence tags from developing mouse eye and adult retina. Genome Biol. 2003;4:R65 pubmed..Our studies present a large number of potentially interesting genes for biological investigation, and the annotated EST set provides a useful resource for microarray and functional genomic studies. ..
- Sadow P, Chassande O, Koo E, Gauthier K, Samarut J, Xu J, et al. Regulation of expression of thyroid hormone receptor isoforms and coactivators in liver and heart by thyroid hormone. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;203:65-75 pubmed..We have demonstrated that TR isoforms and NCoAs are autoregulated transcription factors with tissue specificity. ..
- Vella K, Ramadoss P, Costa e Sousa R, Astapova I, Ye F, Holtz K, et al. Thyroid hormone signaling in vivo requires a balance between coactivators and corepressors. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1564-75 pubmed publisher..Mice with mutations in the thyroid hormone receptor beta (TR?) gene that cannot bind steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC-1) and Src-1(-/-) mice both have phenotypes similar to that of RTH...
- Takeuchi Y, Murata Y, Sadow P, Hayashi Y, Seo H, Xu J, et al. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 deficiency causes variable alterations in the modulation of T(3)-regulated transcription of genes in vivo. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1346-52 pubmed..We showed that steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC-1)-deficient mice (SRC-1(-/-)) exhibit partial resistance to thyroid hormone at the level of the ..
- Nishihara E, Yoshida Komiya H, Chan C, Liao L, Davis R, O Malley B, et al. SRC-1 null mice exhibit moderate motor dysfunction and delayed development of cerebellar Purkinje cells. J Neurosci. 2003;23:213-22 pubmed..Disruption of SRC-1 specifically delays the PC development and maturation in early stages and results in moderate motor dysfunction in adulthood. ..
- Lucey M, Chen D, Lopez Garcia J, Hart S, Phoenix F, Al Jehani R, et al. T:G mismatch-specific thymine-DNA glycosylase (TDG) as a coregulator of transcription interacts with SRC1 family members through a novel tyrosine repeat motif. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:6393-404 pubmed..We find that TDG interacts in vitro and in vivo with the p160 coactivator SRC1, with the interaction being mediated by a previously undescribed motif encoding four equally spaced tyrosine ..
- Misiti S, Koibuchi N, Bei M, Farsetti A, Chin W. Expression of steroid receptor coactivator-1 mRNA in the developing mouse embryo: a possible role in olfactory epithelium development. Endocrinology. 1999;140:1957-60 pubmed
- Han J, Crowe D. Steroid receptor coactivator 1 deficiency increases MMTV-neu mediated tumor latency and differentiation specific gene expression, decreases metastasis, and inhibits response to PPAR ligands. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:629 pubmed publisher..Ligand binding to PPAR/RXRs results in recruitment of transcriptional coactivator proteins such as steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC-1) and CREB binding protein (CBP)...
- Georgiakaki M, Chabbert Buffet N, Dasen B, Meduri G, Wenk S, Rajhi L, et al. Ligand-controlled interaction of histone acetyltransferase binding to ORC-1 (HBO1) with the N-terminal transactivating domain of progesterone receptor induces steroid receptor coactivator 1-dependent coactivation of transcription. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:2122-40 pubmed..Our results suggest that HBO1 might play an important physiological role in human PR signaling. ..
- Chopra A, Kommagani R, Saha P, Louet J, Salazar C, Song J, et al. Cellular energy depletion resets whole-body energy by promoting coactivator-mediated dietary fuel absorption. Cell Metab. 2011;13:35-43 pubmed publisher..Our results position the hepatic AMPK-SRC-2 axis as an energy rheostat, which upon cellular energy depletion resets whole-body energy by promoting absorption of dietary fuel...
- IJpenberg A, Tan N, Gelman L, Kersten S, Seydoux J, Xu J, et al. In vivo activation of PPAR target genes by RXR homodimers. EMBO J. 2004;23:2083-91 pubmed..requires stabilization of the homodimer-DNA complexes through ligand-dependent interaction with the coactivator SRC1 or TIF2...
- Lachize S, APOSTOLAKIS E, van der Laan S, Tijssen A, Xu J, de Kloet E, et al. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 is necessary for regulation of corticotropin-releasing hormone by chronic stress and glucocorticoids. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8038-42 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that Steroid Receptor Coactivator 1 (SRC-1), a transcriptional coregulator of the glucocorticoid receptor, is involved in the sensitivity ..
- Schmidt M, Oitzl M, Steenbergen P, Lachize S, Wurst W, Muller M, et al. Ontogeny of steroid receptor coactivators in the hippocampus and their role in regulating postnatal HPA axis function. Brain Res. 2007;1174:1-6 pubmed..Here we test the hypothesis that expression changes of the three identified SRC genes (SRC1, SRC2 and SRC3) correlate with differences in HPA axis activity during postnatal development...
- Hostetler H, Huang H, Kier A, Schroeder F. Glucose directly links to lipid metabolism through high affinity interaction with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2246-54 pubmed
- Ye X, Han S, Tsai S, DeMayo F, Xu J, Tsai M, et al. Roles of steroid receptor coactivator (SRC)-1 and transcriptional intermediary factor (TIF) 2 in androgen receptor activity in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9487-92 pubmed..Our results provide unique in vivo insights to the multidimensional cell-type-specific interactions between AR and coregulators. ..
- Kamiya Y, Zhang X, Ying H, Kato Y, Willingham M, Xu J, et al. Modulation by steroid receptor coactivator-1 of target-tissue responsiveness in resistance to thyroid hormone. Endocrinology. 2003;144:4144-53 pubmed..Thus, the present studies show that a coactivator such as SRC-1 could modulate the in vivo action of TR beta mutants in a tissue-dependent manner. ..
- Yao T, Ku G, Zhou N, Scully R, Livingston D. The nuclear hormone receptor coactivator SRC-1 is a specific target of p300. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:10626-31 pubmed..Together, these results implicate p300 as a component of the retinoic acid signaling pathway, operating, in part, through specific interaction with a nuclear hormone receptor coactivator, SRC-1. ..
- Nishihara E, Moriya T, Shinohara K. Expression of steroid receptor coactivator-1 is elevated during neuronal differentiation of murine neural stem cells. Brain Res. 2007;1135:22-30 pubmed..These results indicate that SRC-1 expression accompanies the appearance of neuronal-fate-committed cells derived from multipotent NSCs and is preferentially expressed in neuronal lineage cells during the differentiation of NSCs. ..
- Jain S, Pulikuri S, Zhu Y, Qi C, Kanwar Y, Yeldandi A, et al. Differential expression of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma) and its coactivators steroid receptor coactivator-1 and PPAR-binding protein PBP in the brown fat, urinary bladder, colon, and breast of the mouse. Am J Pathol. 1998;153:349-54 pubmed..PPARgamma and PBP expression overlapped in the brown fat and urogenital sinus at stage E15.5 of embryogenesis, whereas SRC-1 expression occurred mostly in neuroepithelium and cartilage between stages E9.5 and E13.5 of embryogenesis. ..
- Jeong J, Kwak I, Lee K, White L, Wang X, Brunicardi F, et al. The genomic analysis of the impact of steroid receptor coactivators ablation on hepatic metabolism. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1138-52 pubmed..This study demonstrates that the molecular targets of SRC-2 regulation in the murine liver stimulate fatty acid degradation and glycolytic pathway, whereas fatty acid, cholesterol, and steroid biosynthetic pathways are down-regulated. ..
- Yamada T, Kawano H, Sekine K, Matsumoto T, Fukuda T, Azuma Y, et al. SRC-1 is necessary for skeletal responses to sex hormones in both males and females. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19:1452-61 pubmed..We conclude that SRC-1 is essential for the maintenance of bone mass by sex hormones, but not for the catabolic action of glucocorticoid, under both physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Flammer J, Dobrovolna J, Kennedy M, Chinenov Y, Glass C, Ivashkiv L, et al. The type I interferon signaling pathway is a target for glucocorticoid inhibition. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4564-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, type I IFN is a cytokine uniquely controlled by GR at the levels of not only production but also signaling through antagonism with the ISGF3 effector function, revealing a novel facet of the immunosuppressive properties of GCs. ..
- Yuan Y, Xu J. Loss-of-function deletion of the steroid receptor coactivator-1 gene in mice reduces estrogen effect on the vascular injury response. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:1521-7 pubmed..SRC-1 is expressed in ECs, VSMCs, and neointima cells. SRC-1 expression in these cells facilitates estrogen/ER-mediated vasoprotection through the inhibition of neointima formation after a vascular injury. ..
- Gao L, Rabbitt E, Condon J, Renthal N, Johnston J, Mitsche M, et al. Steroid receptor coactivators 1 and 2 mediate fetal-to-maternal signaling that initiates parturition. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:2808-24 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that fetal lungs produce signals to initiate labor when mature and that SRC-1/-2-dependent production of SP-A and PAF is crucial for this process. ..
- van Bergen J, Thompson A, Retiere C, Trowsdale J, Koning F. Cutting edge: killer Ig-like receptors mediate "missing self" recognition in vivo. J Immunol. 2009;182:2569-72 pubmed publisher..Hence, the KIR transgene mediated "missing self" recognition in vivo. We anticipate that this KIR and HLA transgenic mouse will help shed light on KIR and HLA effects in disease and transplantation. ..
- Jia Y, Viswakarma N, Crawford S, Sarkar J, Sambasiva Rao M, Karpus W, et al. Early embryonic lethality of mice with disrupted transcription cofactor PIMT/NCOA6IP/Tgs1 gene. Mech Dev. 2012;129:193-207 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PIMT/NCOA6IP, which is expressed in all cells of the 3.5 day stage blastocyst, is indispensable for early embryonic development. ..
- Stashi E, Wang L, Mani S, York B, O Malley B. Research resource: loss of the steroid receptor coactivators confers neurobehavioral consequences. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:1776-87 pubmed publisher..Results from the test battery reveal a role for SRC1 in motor coordination...
- Huang J, Bi Y, Zhu G, He Y, Su Y, He B, et al. Retinoic acid signalling induces the differentiation of mouse fetal liver-derived hepatic progenitor cells. Liver Int. 2009;29:1569-81 pubmed publisher..RA was further shown to induce glycogen synthesis in HP14.5 cells, an important function of mature hepatocytes. Our results strongly suggest that RA signalling may play an important role in regulating hepatic differentiation. ..
- Puigserver P, Rhee J, Donovan J, Walkey C, Yoon J, Oriente F, et al. Insulin-regulated hepatic gluconeogenesis through FOXO1-PGC-1alpha interaction. Nature. 2003;423:550-5 pubmed..We conclude that FOXO1 and PGC-1alpha interact in the execution of a programme of powerful, insulin-regulated gluconeogenesis. ..
- Monks D, Xu J, O Malley B, Jordan C. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 is not required for androgen-mediated sexual differentiation of spinal motoneurons. Neuroendocrinology. 2003;78:45-51 pubmed..These results demonstrate that SRC-1 is not essential for the development and maintenance of a sexually dimorphic neuromuscular system. ..
- Ueda A, Matsui K, Yamamoto Y, Pedersen L, Sueyoshi T, Negishi M. Thr176 regulates the activity of the mouse nuclear receptor CAR and is conserved in the NR1I subfamily members PXR and VDR. Biochem J. 2005;388:623-30 pubmed..Thr176, Thr248 and Ser230 are conserved residues in the NR1I (nuclear receptor 1I) subfamily members and determine their activity. ..
- Louet J, Chopra A, Sagen J, An J, York B, Tannour Louet M, et al. The coactivator SRC-1 is an essential coordinator of hepatic glucose production. Cell Metab. 2010;12:606-18 pubmed publisher..We propose that SRC-1 acts as a critical mediator of glucose homeostasis in the liver by adjusting the transcriptional activity of key genes involved in the hepatic glucose production machinery. ..
- Zhu L, Yang Y, Xu P, Zou F, Yan X, Liao L, et al. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 mediates estrogenic actions to prevent body weight gain in female mice. Endocrinology. 2013;154:150-8 pubmed publisher..In the current study, we demonstrated that steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC1), a nuclear receptor coactivator, is abundantly expressed by both proopiomelanocortin and steroidogenic factor-1 ..
- van der Laan S, Lachize S, Vreugdenhil E, de Kloet E, Meijer O. Nuclear receptor coregulators differentially modulate induction and glucocorticoid receptor-mediated repression of the corticotropin-releasing hormone gene. Endocrinology. 2008;149:725-32 pubmed..We conclude that modulation of coregulator activity may play a role in the control of the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis. ..
- Tremblay A, Tremblay G, Labrie F, Giguere V. Ligand-independent recruitment of SRC-1 to estrogen receptor beta through phosphorylation of activation function AF-1. Mol Cell. 1999;3:513-9 pubmed..Our results establish a role for nuclear receptor phosphorylation in the recruitment of SRC-1 and provide a molecular basis for ligand-independent activation by ER beta via the MAPK pathway. ..
- Hong H, Kohli K, Trivedi A, Johnson D, Stallcup M. GRIP1, a novel mouse protein that serves as a transcriptional coactivator in yeast for the hormone binding domains of steroid receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:4948-52 pubmed..Thus, in yeast, GRIP1 can serve as a coactivator, potentiating the transactivation functions in steroid receptor HBDs, possibly by acting as a bridge between HBDs of the receptors and the basal transcription machinery. ..
- Sato H, Koide T, Masuya H, Wakana S, Sagai T, Umezawa A, et al. A new mutation Rim3 resembling Re(den) is mapped close to retinoic acid receptor alpha (Rara) gene on mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:20-5 pubmed
- Na S, Lee S, Han S, Choi H, Im S, Lee J. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 interacts with the p50 subunit and coactivates nuclear factor kappaB-mediated transactivations. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:10831-4 pubmed
- Jeong J, Lee H, Lee K, White L, Broaddus R, Zhang Y, et al. Mig-6 modulates uterine steroid hormone responsiveness and exhibits altered expression in endometrial disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8677-82 pubmed publisher..Since Mig-6 is regulated by both PR and SRC-1, this identifies a PR, SRC-1, Mig-6 regulatory pathway that is critical in the suppression of endometrial cancer. ..
- Martinez de Arrieta C, Koibuchi N, Chin W. Coactivator and corepressor gene expression in rat cerebellum during postnatal development and the effect of altered thyroid status. Endocrinology. 2000;141:1693-8 pubmed..To examine this hypothesis, we cloned rat complementary DNA fragments corresponding to coactivators (SRC1, TIF2 and TRAM1) and corepressors (N-CoR and SMRT), and studied the ontogenic changes in their corresponding ..
- Mitev Y, Wolf S, Almeida O, Patchev V. Developmental expression profiles and distinct regional estrogen responsiveness suggest a novel role for the steroid receptor coactivator SRC-1 as discriminative amplifier of estrogen signaling in the rat brain. FASEB J. 2003;17:518-9 pubmed
- Winnay J, Hammer G. Adrenocorticotropic hormone-mediated signaling cascades coordinate a cyclic pattern of steroidogenic factor 1-dependent transcriptional activation. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:147-66 pubmed..In addition, the current study demonstrates that specific enzymatic activities are capable of regulating distinct facets of a highly ordered transcriptional response...
- Ning G, Jurecic V, Baldini A, Xu J. Structure and chromosomal locations of mouse steroid receptor coactivator gene family. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 1999;35:481-6 pubmed..This information is important for developing valuable animal models harboring multiple disruptions of the SRC gene family to study their biological functions. ..
- Sadow P, Koo E, Chassande O, Gauthier K, Samarut J, Xu J, et al. Thyroid hormone receptor-specific interactions with steroid receptor coactivator-1 in the pituitary. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:882-94 pubmed..We conclude that SRC-1 action in the pituitary mediates TH action via specific TR subtypes. ..
- Wansa K, Harris J, Yan G, Ordentlich P, Muscat G. The AF-1 domain of the orphan nuclear receptor NOR-1 mediates trans-activation, coactivator recruitment, and activation by the purine anti-metabolite 6-mercaptopurine. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:24776-90 pubmed..We hypothesize that the NR4A subgroup mediates the genotoxic stress response and suggest that this subgroup may function as sensors that respond to genotoxicity. ..
- Flajollet S, Lefebvre B, Rachez C, Lefebvre P. Distinct roles of the steroid receptor coactivator 1 and of MED1 in retinoid-induced transcription and cellular differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20338-48 pubmed..b>SRC1-deficient P19 cells showed severely compromised retinoid-induced responses, in agreement with the supposed role of ..
- Han S, Jeong J, DeMayo F, Xu J, Tsai S, Tsai M, et al. Dynamic cell type specificity of SRC-1 coactivator in modulating uterine progesterone receptor function in mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8150-65 pubmed
- Villar J, Tsai Morris C, Dai L, Dufau M. Androgen-induced activation of gonadotropin-regulated testicular RNA helicase (GRTH/Ddx25) transcription: essential role of a nonclassical androgen response element half-site. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1566-80 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insights into the molecular mechanism of androgen-regulated transcription in LC. ..
- Song K, Park Y, Park K, Hong C, Park J, Shong M, et al. The atypical orphan nuclear receptor DAX-1 interacts with orphan nuclear receptor Nur77 and represses its transactivation. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:1929-40 pubmed..These results suggest that DAX-1 acts as a novel coregulator of the orphan nuclear receptor Nur77, and that the DAX-1 may play a key role in the regulation of Nur77-mediated steroidogenesis in testicular Leydig cells. ..
- Chen X, Liu Z, Xu J. The cooperative function of nuclear receptor coactivator 1 (NCOA1) and NCOA3 in placental development and embryo survival. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1917-34 pubmed publisherb>Nuclear receptor coactivator 1 [NCOA1/steroid receptor coactivator (SRC)-1] and NCOA3 (SRC-3/AIB1/ACTR) constitute two thirds of the SRC (steroid receptor coactivator) family...
- Watters R, Hartmaier R, Osmanbeyoglu H, Gillihan R, Rae J, Liao L, et al. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 can regulate osteoblastogenesis independently of estrogen. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;448:21-27 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that SRC-1 can impact osteoblast function in an ER-independent manner. ..
- Chen D, Ma H, Hong H, Koh S, Huang S, Schurter B, et al. Regulation of transcription by a protein methyltransferase. Science. 1999;284:2174-7 pubmed..Thus, coactivator-mediated methylation of proteins in the transcription machinery may contribute to transcriptional regulation. ..
- Grenier J, Trousson A, Chauchereau A, Amazit L, Lamirand A, Leclerc P, et al. Selective recruitment of p160 coactivators on glucocorticoid-regulated promoters in Schwann cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:2866-79 pubmed..We have shown that SRC-1 unexpectedly interacts with GR via its two nuclear receptor binding domains, thus providing a novel mechanism of GR signaling within the nervous system. ..
- Cavarretta I, Martini L, Motta M, Smith C, Melcangi R. SRC-1 is involved in the control of the gene expression of myelin protein Po. J Mol Neurosci. 2004;24:217-26 pubmed..Altogether, these data indicate for the first time that in rat Schwann cells, SRC-1 plays a role in the regulation of one of the most typical proteins of peripheral myelin. ..
- Wu H, Hamamori Y, Xu J, Chang S, Saluna T, Chang M, et al. Nuclear hormone receptor coregulator GRIP1 suppresses, whereas SRC1A and p/CIP coactivate, by domain-specific binding of MyoD. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3129-37 pubmed..This suggests that competition by GRIP1 for SRC1A, p/CIP, and p300 binding sites on a transcription factor may regulate the activity of the factor. ..
- Zhu Y, Qi C, Calandra C, Rao M, Reddy J. Cloning and identification of mouse steroid receptor coactivator-1 (mSRC-1), as a coactivator of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. Gene Expr. 1996;6:185-95 pubmed..These results suggest that mSRC-1 interacts with PPARgamma and plays a role in the PPARgamma-mediated signaling pathway. ..
- Modder U, Sanyal A, Kearns A, Sibonga J, Nishihara E, Xu J, et al. Effects of loss of steroid receptor coactivator-1 on the skeletal response to estrogen in mice. Endocrinology. 2004;145:913-21 pubmed..These findings establish that, in mice, loss of SRC-1 leads to skeletal resistance to E predominantly in cancellous bone. ..
- Han S, Hawkins S, Begum K, Jung S, Kovanci E, Qin J, et al. A new isoform of steroid receptor coactivator-1 is crucial for pathogenic progression of endometriosis. Nat Med. 2012;18:1102-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the newly identified TNF-?-MMP9-SRC-1 isoform functional axis promotes pathogenic progression of endometriosis. ..
- Baudino L, Yoshinobu K, Morito N, Kikuchi S, Fossati Jimack L, Morley B, et al. Dissection of genetic mechanisms governing the expression of serum retroviral gp70 implicated in murine lupus nephritis. J Immunol. 2008;181:2846-54 pubmed..Our data indicate that the genetic origin of serum gp70 is more heterogeneous than previously thought, and that distinct retroviral gp70s are differentially regulated in physiological vs inflammatory conditions. ..
- Mäkinen J, Reinisalo M, Niemi K, Viitala P, Jyrkkärinne J, Chung H, et al. Dual action of oestrogens on the mouse constitutive androstane receptor. Biochem J. 2003;376:465-72 pubmed..These findings offer an alternative explanation for the recently suggested nuclear activation step of mCAR. ..
- Miard S, Dombrowski L, Carter S, Boivin L, Picard F. Aging alters PPARgamma in rodent and human adipose tissue by modulating the balance in steroid receptor coactivator-1. Aging Cell. 2009;8:449-59 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that strategies aimed at increasing SRC-1 expression and recruitment to PPARgamma upon aging might help improve age-associated metabolic disorders. ..
- Tien J, Zhou S, Xu J. The role of SRC-1 in murine prostate cancinogenesis is nonessential due to a possible compensation of SRC-3/AIB1 overexpression. Int J Biol Sci. 2009;5:256-64 pubmed..transcriptional coactivators, including the three members of the steroid receptor coactivator (SRC) family, SRC-1 (NCOA1), SRC-2 (TIF2/GRIP1/NCOA2) and SRC-3 (AIB1, ACTR/RAC3/NCOA3)...
- Walsh C, Bolger J, Byrne C, Cocchiglia S, Hao Y, Fagan A, et al. Global gene repression by the steroid receptor coactivator SRC-1 promotes oncogenesis. Cancer Res. 2014;74:2533-44 pubmed publisher..Our findings deepen the understanding of how SRC-1 controls transcription in breast cancers. ..
- Guo D, Sarkar J, Suino Powell K, Xu Y, Matsumoto K, Jia Y, et al. Induction of nuclear translocation of constitutive androstane receptor by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha synthetic ligands in mouse liver. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36766-76 pubmed..These observations, therefore, provide information for the first time to indicate that PPARalpha ligands not only serve as PPARalpha agonists but possibly act as CAR antagonists. ..
- Alonso M, Goodwin C, Liao X, Ortiga Carvalho T, Machado D, Wondisford F, et al. In vivo interaction of steroid receptor coactivator (SRC)-1 and the activation function-2 domain of the thyroid hormone receptor (TR) beta in TRbeta E457A knock-in and SRC-1 knockout mice. Endocrinology. 2009;150:3927-34 pubmed publisher..This report demonstrates the dual interaction of NCoA in vivo: the TH-independent up-regulation possibly through another domain and TH-dependent down-regulation through the AF-2 domain. ..
- Kim S, Cheong C, Sohn Y, Goo Y, Oh W, Park J, et al. Multiple developmental defects derived from impaired recruitment of ASC-2 to nuclear receptors in mice: implication for posterior lenticonus with cataract. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:8409-14 pubmed..Our results provide a novel insight into the molecular and histopathological mechanism of posterior lenticonus with cataract and attest to the importance of ASC-2 as a pivotal transcriptional coactivator of nuclear receptors in vivo...
- Guan H, Ishizuka T, Chui P, Lehrke M, Lazar M. Corepressors selectively control the transcriptional activity of PPARgamma in adipocytes. Genes Dev. 2005;19:453-61 pubmed..Thus, selective modulation of adipocyte PPARgamma target genes by TZDs involves the dissociation of corepressors by direct and indirect mechanisms. ..
- Duteil D, Chambon C, Ali F, Malivindi R, Zoll J, Kato S, et al. The transcriptional coregulators TIF2 and SRC-1 regulate energy homeostasis by modulating mitochondrial respiration in skeletal muscles. Cell Metab. 2010;12:496-508 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of the expression and/or activity of these coregulators represents an attractive way to prevent or treat metabolic disorders. ..