Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ncam2
Description: neural cell adhesion molecule 2
Alias: Ncam-2, Ocam, RNCAM, neural cell adhesion molecule 2, N-CAM-2, R4B12 antigen, neural cell adhesion molecule RB-8, olfactory axon cell adhesion molecule
- Bastakis G, Savvaki M, Stamatakis A, Vidaki M, Karagogeos D. Tag1 deficiency results in olfactory dysfunction through impaired migration of mitral cells. Development. 2015;142:4318-28 pubmed publisher..Our results underpin the significance of a numerical defect in the mitral cell layer in the processing and integration of odorant information and subsequently in animal behavior. ..
- Inaki K, Nishimura S, Nakashiba T, Itohara S, Yoshihara Y. Laminar organization of the developing lateral olfactory tract revealed by differential expression of cell recognition molecules. J Comp Neurol. 2004;479:243-56 pubmed..These results suggest that newly generated immature axons are added to the most superficial lamina of LOT successively, leading to the formation of piled laminas with different maturational stages of the mitral cell axons. ..
- Davisson M, Bechtel L, Akeson E, Fortna A, Slavov D, Gardiner K. Evolutionary breakpoints on human chromosome 21. Genomics. 2001;78:99-106 pubmed..These data suggest that there may be as few as 21 functional genes in the mouse chromosome 17 segment. This information is important for defining existing and constructing more complete mouse models of Down syndrome. ..
- Cho J, Kam J, Cloutier J. Slits and Robo-2 regulate the coalescence of subsets of olfactory sensory neuron axons within the ventral region of the olfactory bulb. Dev Biol. 2012;371:269-79 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Slits and Robo-2 are required for the formation of an accurate glomerular map in the ventral region of the OB. ..
- Alenius M, Bohm S. Differential function of RNCAM isoforms in precise target selection of olfactory sensory neurons. Development. 2003;130:917-27 pubmed..RNCAM (OCAM, NCAM2) is assumed to regulate a broad zonal segregation of projections by virtue of being a homophilic cell adhesion ..
- Yang A, Walker N, Bronson R, Kaghad M, Oosterwegel M, Bonnin J, et al. p73-deficient mice have neurological, pheromonal and inflammatory defects but lack spontaneous tumours. Nature. 2000;404:99-103 pubmed..Our data suggest that there is a marked divergence in the physiological functions of the p53 family members, and reveal unique roles for p73 in neurogenesis, sensory pathways and homeostatic control. ..
- Henion T, Faden A, Knott T, Schwarting G. ?3GnT2 maintains adenylyl cyclase-3 signaling and axon guidance molecule expression in the olfactory epithelium. J Neurosci. 2011;31:6576-86 pubmed publisher..We propose that the loss of cAMP-dependent guidance cues is also a critical factor in the severe axon guidance defects observed in ?3GnT2(-/-) mice. ..
- Takeuchi H, Inokuchi K, Aoki M, Suto F, Tsuboi A, Matsuda I, et al. Sequential arrival and graded secretion of Sema3F by olfactory neuron axons specify map topography at the bulb. Cell. 2010;141:1056-67 pubmed publisher..Sequential arrival of OSN axons as well as the graded and complementary expression of Nrp2 and Sema3F by OSNs help to form the topographic order along the D-V axis. ..
- Leshchyns ka I, Liew H, Shepherd C, Halliday G, Stevens C, Ke Y, et al. AÎ²-dependent reduction of NCAM2-mediated synaptic adhesion contributes to synapse loss in Alzheimer's disease. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8836 pubmed publisher..We show that the neural cell adhesion molecule 2 (NCAM2) is enriched in synapses in the human hippocampus...
- Chi L, Galtseva A, Chen L, Mo R, Hui C, Rosenblum N. Kif3a controls murine nephron number via GLI3 repressor, cell survival, and gene expression in a lineage-specific manner. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65448 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that Kif3a controls nephron number via distinct cell lineage-specific mechanisms. ..
- Borisovska M, McGinley M, Bensen A, Westbrook G. Loss of olfactory cell adhesion molecule reduces the synchrony of mitral cell activity in olfactory glomeruli. J Physiol. 2011;589:1927-41 pubmed publisher..We examined glomerular activity in mice lacking the olfactory cell adhesion molecule (OCAM)...
- Shay E, Greer C, Treloar H. Dynamic expression patterns of ECM molecules in the developing mouse olfactory pathway. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1837-50 pubmed publisher..These appear to restrict axons to the pathway while promoting axon outgrowth within. Thus, ECM molecules are present in dynamic spatio-temporal positions to affect OSN axons as they navigate to the olfactory bulb and establish synapses. ..
- Hasegawa S, Hamada S, Kumode Y, Esumi S, Katori S, Fukuda E, et al. The protocadherin-alpha family is involved in axonal coalescence of olfactory sensory neurons into glomeruli of the olfactory bulb in mouse. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;38:66-79 pubmed publisher..Many M71 glomeruli, but apparently not MOR23 glomeruli, are heterogeneous in axonal innervation. Thus, Pcdha molecules are involved in coalescence of OSN axons into OR-specific glomeruli of the olfactory bulb. ..
- Su H, Muguruma K, Matsuo Takasaki M, Kengaku M, Watanabe K, Sasai Y. Generation of cerebellar neuron precursors from embryonic stem cells. Dev Biol. 2006;290:287-96 pubmed..This is the first report of in vitro recapitulation of early differentiation of cerebellar neurons by using the ES cell system. ..
- Aoki M, Takeuchi H, Nakashima A, Nishizumi H, Sakano H. Possible roles of Robo1+ ensheathing cells in guiding dorsal-zone olfactory sensory neurons in mouse. Dev Neurobiol. 2013;73:828-40 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a novel strategy of axon guidance in the mouse olfactory system during development. ..
- Long J, Garel S, Depew M, Tobet S, Rubenstein J. DLX5 regulates development of peripheral and central components of the olfactory system. J Neurosci. 2003;23:568-78 pubmed..In addition, the mutation has a noncell-autonomous effect on the morphogenesis of mitral cells. ..
- Deleyrolle L, Sabourin J, Rothhut B, Fujita H, Guichet P, Teigell M, et al. OCAM regulates embryonic spinal cord stem cell proliferation by modulating ErbB2 receptor. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0122337 pubmed publisher..Here we report the expression of the olfactory cell adhesion molecule (OCAM/NCAM2/RNCAM) during mouse spinal cord development and in neural stem cells cultured as neurospheres...
- Alenius M, Bohm S. Identification of a novel neural cell adhesion molecule-related gene with a potential role in selective axonal projection. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:26083-6 pubmed..here the cloning of mouse complementary DNAs encoding a novel protein, Rb-8 neural cell adhesion molecule (RNCAM), with a predicted extracellular region of five immunoglobulin C2-type domains followed by two fibronectin type ..
- Ohsawa S, Hamada S, Kuida K, Yoshida H, Igaki T, Miura M. Maturation of the olfactory sensory neurons by Apaf-1/caspase-9-mediated caspase activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13366-71 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Apaf-1/caspase-9-mediated nonapoptotic caspase signaling is required for the proper neural network formation during olfactory development. ..
- Singh U, Sun T, Shi W, Schulz R, Nuber U, Varanou A, et al. Expression and functional analysis of genes deregulated in mouse placental overgrowth models: Car2 and Ncam1. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:1034-45 pubmed..However, expression analysis of Car3 and Ncam2, which can take over the function of Car2 and Ncam1, respectively, indicated a possible rescue mechanism, as Car3 ..
- Yoshihara S, Omichi K, Yanazawa M, Kitamura K, Yoshihara Y. Arx homeobox gene is essential for development of mouse olfactory system. Development. 2005;132:751-62 pubmed..These findings suggest a likely role of Arx in regulating the expression of putative instructive signals produced in the olfactory bulb for the proper innervation of olfactory sensory axons. ..
- O Leary D, Yates P, McLaughlin T. Molecular development of sensory maps: representing sights and smells in the brain. Cell. 1999;96:255-69 pubmed