Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nanos3
Description: nanos C2HC-type zinc finger 3
Alias: nos3, nanos homolog 3
- Suzuki A, Niimi Y, Saga Y. Interaction of NANOS2 and NANOS3 with different components of the CNOT complex may contribute to the functional differences in mouse male germ cells. Biol Open. 2014;3:1207-16 pubmed publisherNANOS2 and NANOS3 belong to the Nanos family of proteins that contain a conserved zinc finger domain, which consists of two consecutive CCHC-type zinc finger motifs, and contribute to germ cell development in mice...
- Hasegawa K, Saga Y. FGF8-FGFR1 signaling acts as a niche factor for maintaining undifferentiated spermatogonia in the mouse. Biol Reprod. 2014;91:145 pubmed publisher..Undifferentiated spermatogonia comprise GFRA1(+) and NANOS3(+) subpopulations, which are likely to undergo self-renewal and enter the differentiation pathway, respectively...
- Yamaji M, Tanaka T, Shigeta M, Chuma S, Saga Y, Saitou M. Functional reconstruction of NANOS3 expression in the germ cell lineage by a novel transgenic reporter reveals distinct subcellular localizations of NANOS3. Reproduction. 2010;139:381-93 pubmed publisherMutations of RNA-binding proteins such as NANOS3, TIAL1, and DND1 in mice have been known to result in the failure of survival and/or proliferation of primordial germ cells (PGCs) soon after their fate is specified (around embryonic day (..
- Wu X, Wang B, Dong Z, Zhou S, Liu Z, Shi G, et al. A NANOS3 mutation linked to protein degradation causes premature ovarian insufficiency. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e825 pubmed publisher..In this study, we screened the coding regions of the NANOS1, NANOS2 and NANOS3 genes in 100 Chinese POI patients and identified four variants in the coding regions of these three genes, ..
- Lolicato F, Marino R, Paronetto M, Pellegrini M, Dolci S, Geremia R, et al. Potential role of Nanos3 in maintaining the undifferentiated spermatogonia population. Dev Biol. 2008;313:725-38 pubmed..In the mouse, three Nanos homologs have been identified: Nanos1, Nanos2 and Nanos3. The Nanos3 ortholog is expressed in both male and female gonads of early embryo and, after birth, it is found ..
- Kabayama Y, Toh H, Katanaya A, Sakurai T, Chuma S, Kuramochi Miyagawa S, et al. Roles of MIWI, MILI and PLD6 in small RNA regulation in mouse growing oocytes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:5387-5398 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed the differences in the biogenesis and function of the piRNA pathway between sexes. ..
- Suzuki H, Saba R, Sada A, Saga Y. The Nanos3-3'UTR is required for germ cell specific NANOS3 expression in mouse embryos. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9300 pubmed publisher..This is fundamental to the continuation of a species. Mouse NANOS3 is an essential protein required for the germ cell maintenance and is specifically expressed in these cells...
- Hasegawa K, Okamura Y, Saga Y. Notch signaling in Sertoli cells regulates cyclical gene expression of Hes1 but is dispensable for mouse spermatogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:206-15 pubmed publisher..Our results thus indicate that Notch signaling regulates cyclical gene expression in Sertoli cells but is dispensable for mouse spermatogenesis. This highlights the evolutionary divergences in regulation of germ cell development...
- Zhou Z, Shirakawa T, Ohbo K, Sada A, Wu Q, Hasegawa K, et al. RNA Binding Protein Nanos2 Organizes Post-transcriptional Buffering System to Retain Primitive State of Mouse Spermatogonial Stem Cells. Dev Cell. 2015;34:96-107 pubmed publisher..This mechanism links mRNA turnover to mTORC1 signaling through Nanos2-containing mRNPs and establishes a post-transcriptional buffering system to facilitate SSC homeostasis in the fluctuating environment within the seminiferous tubule. ..
- Matson C, Murphy M, Sarver A, Griswold M, Bardwell V, Zarkower D. DMRT1 prevents female reprogramming in the postnatal mammalian testis. Nature. 2011;476:101-4 pubmed publisher..Reprogramming due to loss of Dmrt1 also may help explain the aetiology of human syndromes linked to DMRT1, including disorders of sexual differentiation and testicular cancer...
- Suzuki H, Sada A, Yoshida S, Saga Y. The heterogeneity of spermatogonia is revealed by their topology and expression of marker proteins including the germ cell-specific proteins Nanos2 and Nanos3. Dev Biol. 2009;336:222-31 pubmed publisher..The detection of the germ cell-specific proteins Nanos2 and Nanos3 as markers of spermatogonia has enabled the clear dissection of complex populations of these cells as Nanos2 was ..
- DiMagno M, Williams J, Hao Y, Ernst S, Owyang C. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase is protective in the initiation of caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004;287:G80-7 pubmed..Thus eNOS is the main isoform influencing the initiation of caerulein-induced AP. eNOS-derived NO exerts a protective effect through actions on nonacinar cell types, most likely endothelial cells, to produce greater PMBF. ..