Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myrf
Description: myelin regulatory factor
Alias: 6030439E18, Gm1804, Gm98, Mrf, myelin regulatory factor, myelin gene regulatory factor
- Kim D, Choi J, Fan C, Shearer R, Sharif M, Busch P, et al. Homo-trimerization is essential for the transcription factor function of Myrf for oligodendrocyte differentiation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:5112-5125 pubmed publisherb>Myrf is a key transcription factor for oligodendrocyte differentiation and central nervous system myelination...
- Baroti T, Schillinger A, Wegner M, Stolt C. Sox13 functionally complements the related Sox5 and Sox6 as important developmental modulators in mouse spinal cord oligodendrocytes. J Neurochem. 2016;136:316-28 pubmed publisher..By itself, it has little impact on oligodendrocyte development but supports Sox5 and Sox6 during the process as a functionally redundant transcription factor. ..
- Parada C, Han D, Grimaldi A, SarriÃ³n P, Park S, Pelikan R, et al. Disruption of the ERK/MAPK pathway in neural crest cells as a potential cause of Pierre Robin sequence. Development. 2015;142:3734-45 pubmed publisher..Because the ERK pathway serves as a crucial point of convergence for multiple signaling pathways, our study will facilitate a better understanding of the molecular regulatory mechanisms of craniofacial development. ..
- Weider M, Wegener A, Schmitt C, KÃ¼spert M, HillgÃ¤rtner S, BÃ¶sl M, et al. Elevated in vivo levels of a single transcription factor directly convert satellite glia into oligodendrocyte-like cells. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005008 pubmed publisher..2 and Myrf. An upstream enhancer mediated the direct induction of the Olig2 gene...
- McKenzie I, Ohayon D, Li H, de Faria J, Emery B, Tohyama K, et al. Motor skill learning requires active central myelination. Science. 2014;346:318-22 pubmed publisher..By genetically manipulating the transcription factor myelin regulatory factor in OL precursors, we blocked production of new OLs during adulthood without affecting preexisting OLs or ..
- Yan X, Lukas J, Witt M, Wree A, Hübner R, Frech M, et al. Decreased expression of myelin gene regulatory factor in Niemann-Pick type C 1 mouse. Metab Brain Dis. 2011;26:299-306 pubmed publisher..factors of oligodendrocytes, such as SRY-related HMG-box 10 (Sox10), Yin Yang 1 factor (YY1) and myelin gene regulatory factor (MRF), in different parts of the brain and spinal cord was performed in NPC1-mutant mice...
- Huang B, Wei W, Wang G, Gaertig M, Feng Y, Wang W, et al. Mutant huntingtin downregulates myelin regulatory factor-mediated myelin gene expression and affects mature oligodendrocytes. Neuron. 2015;85:1212-26 pubmed publisher..as well as age-dependent demyelination and reduced expression of myelin genes that are downstream of myelin regulatory factor (MYRF or MRF), a transcriptional regulator that specifically activates and maintains the expression of ..
- Moyon S, Huynh J, Dutta D, Zhang F, Ma D, Yoo S, et al. Functional Characterization of DNA Methylation in the Oligodendrocyte Lineage. Cell Rep. 2016;15:748-760 pubmed publisher..Therefore, loss of Dnmt1 in OPCs is not sufficient to induce a lineage switch but acts as an important determinant of the coordination between RNA splicing and protein synthesis necessary for myelin formation. ..
- Xiao L, Ohayon D, McKenzie I, Sinclair Wilson A, Wright J, Fudge A, et al. Rapid production of new oligodendrocytes is required in the earliest stages of motor-skill learning. Nat Neurosci. 2016;19:1210-1217 pubmed publisher..Conditional deletion of myelin regulatory factor (Myrf) in oligodendrocyte precursors blocked formation of new Enpp6(+) oligodendrocytes and impaired ..
- Muth K, Piefke S, Weider M, Sock E, Hermans Borgmeyer I, Wegner M, et al. The Dual-specificity phosphatase Dusp15 is regulated by Sox10 and Myrf in Myelinating Oligodendrocytes. Glia. 2016;64:2120-2132 pubmed publisher..The transcription factors Sox10 and Myrf are both central to this process and jointly regulate expression of myelin genes...