Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myoz2
Description: myozenin 2
Alias: 1110012I24Rik, Fatz-2, Myozl2, myozenin-2, FATZ-related protein 2, calsarcin-1, myoz2, myozenin-like 2
- Potthoff M, Arnold M, McAnally J, Richardson J, Bassel Duby R, Olson E. Regulation of skeletal muscle sarcomere integrity and postnatal muscle function by Mef2c. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:8143-51 pubmed..These results reveal a key role for Mef2c in maintenance of sarcomere integrity and postnatal maturation of skeletal muscle. ..
- Paulsson A, Franklin S, Mitchell Jordan S, Ren S, Wang Y, Vondriska T. Post-translational regulation of calsarcin-1 during pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;48:1206-14 pubmed publisher..Overall, the findings expand the roles of calsarcins to include nuclear tasks during cardiac growth. ..
- Wang H, Yang S, Yang E, Zhu Z, Mu Y, Feng S, et al. NF-kappaB mediates the transcription of mouse calsarcin-1 gene, but not calsarcin-2, in C2C12 cells. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:19 pubmed..The calsarcins may also serve as a valuable mechanistic tool to better understand the regulation of calcineurin signalling during muscle differentiation. ..
- Ruggiero A, Chen S, Lombardi R, Rodriguez G, Marian A. Pathogenesis of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy caused by myozenin 2 mutations is independent of calcineurin activity. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;97:44-54 pubmed publisher..We determined potential involvement of calcineurin in the pathogenesis of HCM caused by mutations in myozenin 2 (MYOZ2), an inhibitor of calcineurin...
- Bang M. Animal Models of Congenital Cardiomyopathies Associated With Mutations in Z-Line Proteins. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:38-52 pubmed publisher..Pros and cons of mouse models will be discussed and a future outlook will be given. J. Cell. Physiol. 232: 38-52, 2017. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- von Nandelstadh P, Ismail M, Gardin C, Suila H, Zara I, Belgrano A, et al. A class III PDZ binding motif in the myotilin and FATZ families binds enigma family proteins: a common link for Z-disc myopathies. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:822-34 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of a binding motif common to both the myotilin and the FATZ (calsarcin/myozenin) families that is specific for interactions with Enigma family members. ..
- Heineke J, Ruetten H, Willenbockel C, Gross S, Naguib M, Schaefer A, et al. Attenuation of cardiac remodeling after myocardial infarction by muscle LIM protein-calcineurin signaling at the sarcomeric Z-disc. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1655-60 pubmed..Our study reveals a link between the stress sensor MLP and the calcineurin-NFAT pathway at the sarcomeric Z-disk in cardiomyocytes and indicates that reduced MLP-calcineurin signaling predisposes to adverse remodeling after MI. ..