Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myom1
Description: myomesin 1
Alias: D430047A17Rik, myomesin-1, myomesin family member 1, skelemin
- Agarkova I, Auerbach D, Ehler E, Perriard J. A novel marker for vertebrate embryonic heart, the EH-myomesin isoform. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:10256-64 pubmed..It represents the major myomesin isoform at early embryonic stages of heart but is rapidly down-regulated around birth. Thus, the strict developmental regulation of the EH-myomesin makes it an ideally suited marker for embryonic heart. ..
- Carlsson L, Li Z, Paulin D, Thornell L. Nestin is expressed during development and in myotendinous and neuromuscular junctions in wild type and desmin knock-out mice. Exp Cell Res. 1999;251:213-23 pubmed..The presence of nestin at neuromuscular and myotendinous junctions might provide enough strength for preservation and organization of the junctional areas, although desmin is lacking. ..
- Zhang B, Xiao W, Qiu H, Zhang F, Moniz H, Jaworski A, et al. Heparan sulfate deficiency disrupts developmental angiogenesis and causes congenital diaphragmatic hernia. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:209-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that loss of NDST1 causes defective diaphragm vascular development and CDH and that heparan sulfate facilitates angiogenic SLIT3-ROBO4 signaling during vascular development. ..
- Weinert S, Bergmann N, Luo X, Erdmann B, Gotthardt M. M line-deficient titin causes cardiac lethality through impaired maturation of the sarcomere. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:559-70 pubmed
- Wooldridge A, Fortner C, Lontay B, Akimoto T, Neppl R, Facemire C, et al. Deletion of the protein kinase A/protein kinase G target SMTNL1 promotes an exercise-adapted phenotype in vascular smooth muscle. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11850-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest roles for SMTNL1 in cGMP/cAMP-mediated adaptations to exercise through mechanisms involving direct modulation of contractile activity. ..
- Cohen S, Brault J, Gygi S, Glass D, Valenzuela D, Gartner C, et al. During muscle atrophy, thick, but not thin, filament components are degraded by MuRF1-dependent ubiquitylation. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:1083-95 pubmed publisher..Because these proteins stabilize the thick filament, their selective ubiquitylation may facilitate thick filament disassembly. However, the thin filament components decreased by a mechanism not requiring MuRF1...
- Otten J, van der Ven P, Vakeel P, Eulitz S, Kirfel G, Brandau O, et al. Complete loss of murine Xin results in a mild cardiac phenotype with altered distribution of intercalated discs. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;85:739-50 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it indicates that XinC may be involved in the development of human cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Steiner F, Weber K, Fürst D. M band proteins myomesin and skelemin are encoded by the same gene: analysis of its organization and expression. Genomics. 1999;56:78-89 pubmed..splicing of a single exon gives rise to two polypeptides, described in the literature as myomesin and skelemin, respectively. A single transcriptional start point was detected in both skeletal and cardiac muscle...
- Gorbatyuk V, Nguyen K, Podolnikova N, Deshmukh L, Lin X, Ugarova T, et al. Skelemin association with Î±IIbÎ²3 integrin: a structural model. Biochemistry. 2014;53:6766-75 pubmed publisher..Here we present a structural model of tandem IgC2 domains of skelemin in complex with the cytoplasmic tails of integrin Î±IIbÎ²3...
- Hirschy A, Schatzmann F, Ehler E, Perriard J. Establishment of cardiac cytoarchitecture in the developing mouse heart. Dev Biol. 2006;289:430-41 pubmed..These observations help to understand the mechanisms that lead to the formation of a functional heart during development at a cellular level. ..
- Podolnikova N, O Toole T, Haas T, Lam S, Fox J, Ugarova T. Adhesion-induced unclasping of cytoplasmic tails of integrin alpha(IIb)beta3. Biochemistry. 2009;48:617-29 pubmed publisher..Using the integrin-binding skelemin fragment as a marker of exposure of residues involved in the clasp between alpha(IIb) and beta(3) cytoplasmic ..
- Reddy K, Gascard P, Price M, Negrescu E, Fox J. Identification of an interaction between the m-band protein skelemin and beta-integrin subunits. Colocalization of a skelemin-like protein with beta1- and beta3-integrins in non-muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:35039-47 pubmed..This sequence was 100% identical to a sequence in skelemin, a protein identified previously in skeletal muscle...
- McKeown C, Nowak R, Gokhin D, Fowler V. Tropomyosin is required for cardiac morphogenesis, myofibril assembly, and formation of adherens junctions in the developing mouse embryo. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:800-17 pubmed publisher..Our data also identify a novel ?TM1/Tmod1-based pathway stabilizing F-actin at cell-cell junctions, which may be required for maintenance of cell shapes during embryonic cardiac morphogenesis. ..
- Schiaffino S, Reggiani C. Molecular diversity of myofibrillar proteins: gene regulation and functional significance. Physiol Rev. 1996;76:371-423 pubmed..Both myosin and troponin isoforms contribute to the differences in the resistance to fatigue of muscle fibers...
- Braun A, Bordoy R, Stanchi F, Moser M, Kostka G G, Ehler E, et al. PINCH2 is a new five LIM domain protein, homologous to PINCHand localized to focal adhesions. Exp Cell Res. 2003;284:239-50 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that PINCH2 localizes to focal adhesions in NIH 3T3 cells and to Z-disks in primary rat cardiomyocytes. ..