Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myo1c
Description: myosin IC
Alias: C80397, MMIb, MYO1E, NMI, mm1beta, myr2, unconventional myosin-Ic, MMI-beta, myosin I beta, myosin-Ibeta, myosin-Ic, nuclear myosin I beta
- Stauffer E, Scarborough J, Hirono M, Miller E, Shah K, Mercer J, et al. Fast adaptation in vestibular hair cells requires myosin-1c activity. Neuron. 2005;47:541-53 pubmed..molecules of the adaptation motor are responsible for the release, we introduced the Y61G mutation into the Myo1c locus and generated mice homozygous for this sensitized allele...
- Toyoda T, An D, Witczak C, Koh H, Hirshman M, Fujii N, et al. Myo1c regulates glucose uptake in mouse skeletal muscle. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:4133-40 pubmed publisher..b>Myo1c is an actin-based motor protein implicated in GLUT4 translocation in adipocytes; however, the expression profile ..
- Dzijak R, Yildirim S, Kahle M, Novak P, Hnilicová J, Venit T, et al. Specific nuclear localizing sequence directs two myosin isoforms to the cell nucleus in calmodulin-sensitive manner. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30529 pubmed publisher..NM1 is an isoform of myosin 1c (Myo1c) that was identified earlier and is known to act in the cytoplasm...
- Hagan G, Lin Y, Magnuson M, Avruch J, Czech M. A Rictor-Myo1c complex participates in dynamic cortical actin events in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4215-26 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, we show here that the Rictor protein is also present in cultured adipocytes in complexes containing Myo1c, a molecular motor that promotes cortical actin remodeling...
- Bose A, Guilherme A, Robida S, Nicoloro S, Zhou Q, Jiang Z, et al. Glucose transporter recycling in response to insulin is facilitated by myosin Myo1c. Nature. 2002;420:821-4 pubmed..Here we report that the unconventional myosin Myo1c is present in GLUT4-containing vesicles purified from 3T3-L1 adipocytes...
- Kahle M, Pridalová J, Spacek M, Dzijak R, Hozak P. Nuclear myosin is ubiquitously expressed and evolutionary conserved in vertebrates. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;127:139-48 pubmedNuclear myosin I (NMI) is a single-headed member of myosin superfamily localized in the cell nucleus which participates along with nuclear actin in transcription and chromatin remodeling...
- Bose A, Robida S, Furcinitti P, Chawla A, Fogarty K, Corvera S, et al. Unconventional myosin Myo1c promotes membrane fusion in a regulated exocytic pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:5447-58 pubmed..the plasma membrane prior to fusion requires an intact cytoskeletal network and the unconventional myosin motor Myo1c. Remarkably, enhanced Myo1c expression under these conditions causes extensive membrane ruffling and overrides the ..
- Cyr J, Dumont R, Gillespie P. Myosin-1c interacts with hair-cell receptors through its calmodulin-binding IQ domains. J Neurosci. 2002;22:2487-95 pubmed..The calcium-sensitive binding of calmodulin to myosin-1c may therefore modulate the interaction of the adaptation motor with other components of the transduction apparatus. ..
- Sherr E, Joyce M, Greene L. Mammalian myosin I alpha, I beta, and I gamma: new widely expressed genes of the myosin I family. J Cell Biol. 1993;120:1405-16 pubmed..2-kb polymerase chain reaction products that correspond to novel mammalian myosin I genes designated MMI alpha, MMI beta, MMI gamma...
- Boguslavsky S, Chiu T, Foley K, Osorio Fuentealba C, Antonescu C, Bayer K, et al. Myo1c binding to submembrane actin mediates insulin-induced tethering of GLUT4 vesicles. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4065-78 pubmed publisher..The molecular machinery involved in GLUT4 vesicle tethering is unknown. We show here that Myo1c, an actin-based motor protein that associates with membranes and actin filaments, is required for insulin-induced ..
- Nakamori Y, Emoto M, Fukuda N, Taguchi A, Okuya S, Tajiri M, et al. Myosin motor Myo1c and its receptor NEMO/IKK-gamma promote TNF-alpha-induced serine307 phosphorylation of IRS-1. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:665-71 pubmed..intracellular trafficking of NEMO requires insulin, an intact actin cytoskeletal network, and the motor protein Myo1c. Increased Myo1c expression enhanced the NEMO-IRS-1 interaction, which is essential for TNF-alpha- induced ..
- Pyrpassopoulos S, Shuman H, Ostap E. Single-molecule adhesion forces and attachment lifetimes of myosin-I phosphoinositide interactions. Biophys J. 2010;99:3916-22 pubmed publisher..Myosin-Ic (myo1c) is a molecular motor that links membranes to the cytoskeleton via phosphoinositide binding, so it is ..
- Venit T, Dzijak R, Kalendová A, Kahle M, Rohozkova J, Schmidt V, et al. Mouse nuclear myosin I knock-out shows interchangeability and redundancy of myosin isoforms in the cell nucleus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61406 pubmed publisherNuclear myosin I (NM1) is a nuclear isoform of the well-known "cytoplasmic" Myosin 1c protein (Myo1c)...
- Etournay R, El Amraoui A, Bahloul A, Blanchard S, Roux I, Pezeron G, et al. PHR1, an integral membrane protein of the inner ear sensory cells, directly interacts with myosin 1c and myosin VIIa. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2891-9 pubmed..Moreover, as both myosins have been implicated in the mechanotransduction slow adaptation process that takes place in the hair bundles, we propose that PHR1 is also involved in this process. ..
- Ihnatovych I, Sielski N, Hofmann W. Selective expression of myosin IC Isoform A in mouse and human cell lines and mouse prostate cancer tissues. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e108609 pubmed publisherb>Myosin IC is a single headed member of the myosin superfamily. We recently identified a novel isoform and showed that the MYOIC gene in mammalian cells encodes three isoforms (isoforms A, B, and C)...
- Almuzzaini B, Sarshad A, Farrants A, Percipalle P. Nuclear myosin 1 contributes to a chromatin landscape compatible with RNA polymerase II transcription activation. BMC Biol. 2015;13:35 pubmed publisher..We propose a novel genome-wide mechanism where myosin synergizes with Pol II-associated actin to link the polymerase machinery with permissive chromatin for transcription activation. ..
- Yu N, Kim H, Shim J, Kim S, Kim D, Kwak C, et al. A transducible nuclear/nucleolar protein, mLLP, regulates neuronal morphogenesis and synaptic transmission. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22892 pubmed publisher..Together, these results illustrate the characteristics and roles of previously unknown cell-permeable protein mLLP in modulating neural development. ..
- Crozet F, El Amraoui A, Blanchard S, Lenoir M, Ripoll C, Vago P, et al. Cloning of the genes encoding two murine and human cochlear unconventional type I myosins. Genomics. 1997;40:332-41 pubmed..first cDNA encodes a putative protein named Myo1c, which is likely to be the murine orthologue of the bullfrog myosin I beta and which may be involved in the gating of the mechanotransduction channel of the sensory hair cells...
- Sumoza Toledo A, Gillespie P, Romero Ramirez H, Ferreira Ishikawa H, Larson R, Santos Argumedo L. Differential localization of unconventional myosin I and nonmuscle myosin II during B cell spreading. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:3312-22 pubmed..This work shows that class I and class II myosin are expressed in B cells, are differentially distributed, and may participate in the morphological changes of these cells. ..
- Lu Q, Li J, Ye F, Zhang M. Structure of myosin-1c tail bound to calmodulin provides insights into calcium-mediated conformational coupling. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2015;22:81-8 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a structural blueprint for the neck and tail domains of myosin-1 and expands the target binding modes of the master Ca(2+)-signal regulator calmodulin. ..
- Ernkvist M, Luna Persson N, Audebert S, Lecine P, Sinha I, Liu M, et al. The Amot/Patj/Syx signaling complex spatially controls RhoA GTPase activity in migrating endothelial cells. Blood. 2009;113:244-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that the directional migration of capillaries in the embryo is governed by the Amot:Patj/Mupp1:Syx signaling that controls local GTPase activity. ..
- Greenberg M, Lin T, Goldman Y, Shuman H, Ostap E. Myosin IC generates power over a range of loads via a new tension-sensing mechanism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2433-40 pubmed publisherb>Myosin IC (myo1c), a widely expressed motor protein that links the actin cytoskeleton to cell membranes, has been associated with numerous cellular processes, including insulin-stimulated transport of GLUT4, mechanosensation in sensory ..
- Sellers J. Myosins: a diverse superfamily. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1496:3-22 pubmed..This review will focus on myosins from class IV, VI, VII, VIII, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV and XV. In addition, the function of myosin II in non-muscle cells will also be discussed. ..
- Lin T, Greenberg M, Moore J, Ostap E. A hearing loss-associated myo1c mutation (R156W) decreases the myosin duty ratio and force sensitivity. Biochemistry. 2011;50:1831-8 pubmed publisherb>myo1c is a member of the myosin superfamily that has been proposed to function as the adaptation motor in vestibular and auditory hair cells...
- Phillips K, Tong S, Goodyear R, Richardson G, Cyr J. Stereociliary myosin-1c receptors are sensitive to calcium chelation and absent from cadherin 23 mutant mice. J Neurosci. 2006;26:10777-88 pubmed..The molecular motor myosin-1c (Myo1c) functions in adaptation of the hair-cell response to sustained mechanical stimuli and is therefore an integral ..
- Pyrpassopoulos S, Arpag G, Feeser E, Shuman H, Tüzel E, Ostap E. Force Generation by Membrane-Associated Myosin-I. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25524 pubmed publisherVertebrate myosin-IC (Myo1c) is a type-1 myosin that links cell membranes to the cytoskeleton via its actin-binding motor domain and its phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PtdIns(4,5)P2)-binding tail domain...
- Hokanson D, Ostap E. Myo1c binds tightly and specifically to phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate and inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:3118-23 pubmed..of myosin-I-membrane association, we measured effective dissociation constants for the binding of a recombinant myo1c tail construct (which includes three IQ domains and bound calmodulins) to large unilamellar vesicles (LUVs) ..
- Liang S, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Phillips W. Structure and chromosome location of the mouse P2X(1) purinoceptor gene (P2rx1). Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;92:333-6 pubmed..A single transcription-starting site was identified by 5' RACE analysis, 233 bp upstream of the translation start site. The P2X(1) gene maps to the central region of mouse chromosome 11. ..
- Whitmer J, Koslovsky J, Bahler M, Mercer J. Chromosomal location of three unconventional myosin heavy chain genes in the mouse. Genomics. 1996;38:235-7 pubmed..The mouse loci have been named Myo1e, Myo1c, and Myo9b; they map to chromosomes 9 (MGD position 41), 11 (MGD position 46), and 8 (MGD position 31...
- Maravillas Montero J, Gillespie P, Patino Lopez G, Shaw S, Santos Argumedo L. Myosin 1c participates in B cell cytoskeleton rearrangements, is recruited to the immunologic synapse, and contributes to antigen presentation. J Immunol. 2011;187:3053-63 pubmed publisherMyosin 1c (Myo1c) is a member of the unconventional class I myosins of vertebrates, which directly link the plasma membrane with the microfilament cortical web...
- Lelli A, Asai Y, Forge A, Holt J, Géléoc G. Tonotopic gradient in the developmental acquisition of sensory transduction in outer hair cells of the mouse cochlea. J Neurophysiol. 2009;101:2961-73 pubmed publisher..The spatiotemporal expression patterns of myosin 1c and PMCA2 mRNA were correlated with developmental changes in several properties of mechanotransduction. ..
- Noguchi Y, Kurima K, Makishima T, de Angelis M, Fuchs H, Frolenkov G, et al. Multiple quantitative trait loci modify cochlear hair cell degeneration in the Beethoven (Tmc1Bth) mouse model of progressive hearing loss DFNA36. Genetics. 2006;173:2111-9 pubmed..The polygenic basis of outer hair cell degeneration in Beethoven mice provides a model system for the dissection of common, complex hearing loss phenotypes, such as presbycusis, that involve outer hair cell degeneration in humans. ..
- Oh H, Kim H, Shin B, Lee K, Yeo M, Song W. Interaction of crk with Myosin-1c participates in fibronectin-induced cell spreading. Int J Biol Sci. 2013;9:778-91 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that the v-Crk-myosin-1c interaction, which modulates membrane dynamics by regulating Rac1 activity, is crucial for cell adhesion and spreading. ..
- Garcia Anoveros J, Samad T, Zuvela Jelaska L, Woolf C, Corey D. Transport and localization of the DEG/ENaC ion channel BNaC1alpha to peripheral mechanosensory terminals of dorsal root ganglia neurons. J Neurosci. 2001;21:2678-86 pubmed..Accordingly, BNaC1alpha channels might participate in the transduction of touch and painful mechanical stimuli. ..
- Hamilton B, Smith D, Mueller K, Kerrebrock A, Bronson R, van Berkel V, et al. The vibrator mutation causes neurodegeneration via reduced expression of PITP alpha: positional complementation cloning and extragenic suppression. Neuron. 1997;18:711-22 pubmed..The vibrator phenotype is suppressed in one intercross. We performed a complete genome scan and mapped a major suppressor locus (Mvb-1) to proximal chromosome 19. ..
- Adamek N, Geeves M, Coluccio L. Myo1c mutations associated with hearing loss cause defects in the interaction with nucleotide and actin. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:139-50 pubmed publisherThree heterozygous missense mutations in the motor domain of myosin 1c (Myo1c), which mediates adaptation in the inner ear, are associated with bilateral sensorineural hearing loss in humans...