Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mylpf
Description: myosin light chain, phosphorylatable, fast skeletal muscle
Alias: 2410014J02Rik, MLC-2, Mlc2, myosin regulatory light chain 2, skeletal muscle isoform, MLC2F, fast skeletal myosin light chain 2, myosin light chain 2
- Cohen S, Brault J, Gygi S, Glass D, Valenzuela D, Gartner C, et al. During muscle atrophy, thick, but not thin, filament components are degraded by MuRF1-dependent ubiquitylation. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:1083-95 pubmed publisher..Because these proteins stabilize the thick filament, their selective ubiquitylation may facilitate thick filament disassembly. However, the thin filament components decreased by a mechanism not requiring MuRF1...
- Vincent S, Mayeuf A, Niro C, Saitou M, Buckingham M. Non conservation of function for the evolutionarily conserved prdm1 protein in the control of the slow twitch myogenic program in the mouse embryo. Mol Biol Evol. 2012;29:3181-91 pubmed
- Czosnek H, Barker P, Ruddle F, Robert B. Chromosomal distribution of genes coding for fast twitch skeletal muscle myosin light chains. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1985;11:533-40 pubmed..muscle myosin light chains are encoded by a multigene family which comprises the gene coding for the myosin light chain 2 (Myl2f), and the gene coding for both myosin light chains 1 and 3 (Myl1f/Myl3f)...
- Katcoff D, Nudel U, Zevin Sonkin D, Carmon Y, Shani M, Lehrach H, et al. Construction of recombinant plasmids containing rat muscle actin and myosin light chain DNA sequences. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1980;77:960-4 pubmed..A fifth plasmid contains sequences complementary to mRNA coding for myosin light chain 2. DNA of this plasmid hybridizes specifically with RNA extracted from muscle and differentiated muscle ..
- Amann R, Wyder S, Slavotinek A, Trueb B. The FgfrL1 receptor is required for development of slow muscle fibers. Dev Biol. 2014;394:228-41 pubmed publisher..fibers, fast fibers do not appear to be affected as shown by expression of fast fiber markers Myh3, Myh8, Myl1 and MylPF. At early developmental stages (E10.5, E15.5), FgfrL1-deficient animals express slow fiber genes at normal levels...
- Block N, Zhu Z, Kachinsky A, Dominov J, Miller J. Acceleration of somitic myogenesis in embryos of myogenin promoter-MRF4 transgenic mice. Dev Dyn. 1996;207:382-94 pubmed..MRF function, therefore, appears to be differentially regulated in dermatomal and myotomal cells. ..
- Kazuki Y, Kimura M, Nishigaki R, Kai Y, Abe S, Okita C, et al. Human chromosome 21q22.2-qter carries a gene(s) responsible for downregulation of mlc2a and PEBP in Down syndrome model mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;317:491-9 pubmed..Thus, this chromosome engineering technology is a useful tool for identification or mapping of genes that contribute to the DS phenotypes. ..
- Zhu H, Cabrera R, Wlodarczyk B, Bozinov D, Wang D, Schwartz R, et al. Differentially expressed genes in embryonic cardiac tissues of mice lacking Folr1 gene activity. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:128 pubmed..These changes affected normal cytoskeleton structures, cell migration and motility as well as cellular redox status, which may contribute to cardiovascular abnormalities in mouse embryos lacking Folr1 gene activity. ..
- Jin C, Chen J, Meng Q, Carreira V, Tam N, Geh E, et al. Deciphering gene expression program of MAP3K1 in mouse eyelid morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2013;374:96-107 pubmed publisher..Using LCM and expression array, our studies have uncovered novel molecular signatures of MAP3K1 in embryonic eyelid closure. ..
- Niro C, Demignon J, Vincent S, Liu Y, Giordani J, Sgarioto N, et al. Six1 and Six4 gene expression is necessary to activate the fast-type muscle gene program in the mouse primary myotome. Dev Biol. 2010;338:168-82 pubmed publisher..This in vivo wide transcriptomal analysis of the function of the master myogenic determinants, Six, identifies them as novel markers for the differential activation of a specific muscle program during mammalian somitic myogenesis. ..
- Faerman A, Shani M. The expression of the regulatory myosin light chain 2 gene during mouse embryogenesis. Development. 1993;118:919-29 pubmedThe fast skeletal muscle myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) gene is expressed specifically in skeletal muscles of newborn and adult mice, and has no detectable sequence homology with any of the other MLC genes including the slow cardiac MLC2 ..
- Cohen S, Zhai B, Gygi S, Goldberg A. Ubiquitylation by Trim32 causes coupled loss of desmin, Z-bands, and thin filaments in muscle atrophy. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:575-89 pubmed publisher..Thus, during fasting, desmin phosphorylation increases and enhances Trim32-mediated degradation of the desmin cytoskeleton, which appears to facilitate the breakdown of Z-bands and thin filaments...
- Liang Q, Zhang Q, Qi S, Wang Z, Hu M, Ma X, et al. Deletion of Mylk1 in oocytes causes delayed morula-to-blastocyst transition and reduced fertility without affecting folliculogenesis and oocyte maturation in mice. Biol Reprod. 2015;92:97 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that MLCK is linked to timely blastocyst formation, though it is dispensable for oocyte meiotic maturation. ..
- Lee K, Ross R, Rockman H, Harris A, O Brien T, Van Bilsen M, et al. Myosin light chain-2 luciferase transgenic mice reveal distinct regulatory programs for cardiac and skeletal muscle-specific expression of a single contractile protein gene. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:15875-85 pubmed
- Wu W, Ren Z, Zhang L, Liu Y, Li H, Xiong Y. Overexpression of Six1 gene suppresses proliferation and enhances expression of fast-type muscle genes in C2C12 myoblasts. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;380:23-32 pubmed publisher..that Six1 overexpression could significantly promote the expression of fast-type muscle genes Atp2a1, Srl, and Mylpf. Furthermore, Six1 overexpressing C2C12 cells displayed a relative lower proliferative potential, and cell cycle ..
- Wang Y, Szczesna Cordary D, Craig R, Diaz Perez Z, Guzman G, Miller T, et al. Fast skeletal muscle regulatory light chain is required for fast and slow skeletal muscle development. FASEB J. 2007;21:2205-14 pubmed..and developmental significance of the fast skeletal isoform of the RLC (RLC-f), the murine fast skeletal RLC gene (Mylpf) was disrupted by homologous recombination...
- Palermo J, Gulick J, Ng W, Grupp I, Grupp G, Robbins J. Remodeling the mammalian heart using transgenesis. Cell Mol Biol Res. 1995;41:501-9 pubmed..we attempted to remodel the mouse myocardium by ectopically expressing a ventricular form of the myosin light chain 2 (MLC2v) in the atrium...
- Kim H, Rhim T, Ahn M, Yoon P, Kim S, Lee S, et al. The fast skeletal muscle myosin light chain is differentially expressed in smooth muscle cells of OVA-challenged mouse trachea. Mol Cells. 2008;25:78-85 pubmed..The overexpression of skMLC in murine asthma may be associated with the changes of bronchial smooth muscle. ..
- Czosnek H, Nudel U, Shani M, Barker P, Pravtcheva D, Ruddle F, et al. The genes coding for the muscle contractile proteins, myosin heavy chain, myosin light chain 2, and skeletal muscle actin are located on three different mouse chromosomes. EMBO J. 1982;1:1299-305 pubmed..All detectable myosin heavy chain genes are located on chromosome 11. The gene for the myosin light chain 2 is located on chromosome 7...