Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myl9
Description: myosin, light polypeptide 9, regulatory
Alias: AI327049, MLC20, Mylc2c, RLC-C, myosin light chain, regulatory C, myosin regulatory light chain 2, smooth muscle isoform, myosin regulatory light chain 9, myosin regulatory light polypeptide 9
- Chamber specification of atrial myosin light chain-2 expression precedes septation during murine cardiogenesisS W Kubalak
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093
J Biol Chem 269:16961-70. 1994..The region-specific expression of the MLC-2a and MLC-2v genes in their respective chambers during early cardiogenesis provides genetic markers for chamber specification (atrial and ventricular) in both the in vitro and in vivo context...
- Activation of Rho GTPases in Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome: pathophysiological and clinical implicationsXiao Sheng Jiang
Section on Molecular Dysmorphology, Program in Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:1347-57. 2010..Developmental abnormalities of neuronal process formation may contribute to the neurocognitive deficits found in SLOS and may represent a potential target for therapeutic intervention...
- Alpha-parvin controls vascular mural cell recruitment to vessel wall by regulating RhoA/ROCK signallingEloi Montanez
Department of Molecular Medicine, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
EMBO J 28:3132-44. 2009..Our findings show that alpha-pv represents an essential adhesion checkpoint that controls RhoA/ROCK-mediated contractility in vSMCs...
- Pancreatic LKB1 deletion leads to acinar polarity defects and cystic neoplasmsAram F Hezel
MGH Cancer Center, Simches Research Building, CPZN 4216, 185 Cambridge St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:2414-25. 2008..These genetic studies provide in vivo evidence of a key role for LKB1 in the establishment of epithelial cell polarity that is vital for pancreatic acinar cell function and viability and for the suppression of neoplasia...
- Loss of cell adhesion causes hydrocephalus in nonmuscle myosin II-B-ablated and mutated miceXuefei Ma
Laboratory of Molecular Cardiology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1762, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:2305-12. 2007..These studies show that the scaffolding properties of NM II-B play an important role in cell adhesion, thereby preventing hydrocephalus during mouse brain development...
- ROCK-I regulates closure of the eyelids and ventral body wall by inducing assembly of actomyosin bundlesYoshihiko Shimizu
Department of Pharmacology, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Cell Biol 168:941-53. 2005..These results suggest that ROCK-I regulates closure of the eyelids and ventral body wall through organization of actomyosin bundles...
- Mouse trp2, the homologue of the human trpc2 pseudogene, encodes mTrp2, a store depletion-activated capacitative Ca2+ entry channelB Vannier
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:2060-4. 1999..e., classical CCE. The findings support the general hypothesis that Trp proteins are subunits of store- and receptor-operated Ca2+ channels...
- Regulation of cardiac mesodermal and neural crest development by the bHLH transcription factor, dHANDD Srivastava
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9148, USA
Nat Genet 16:154-60. 1997....
- Requirement of the transcription factor GATA4 for heart tube formation and ventral morphogenesisJ D Molkentin
Department of Molecular Biology and Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235 9148, USA
Genes Dev 11:1061-72. 1997..We propose that GATA4 is required for the migration or folding morphogenesis of the precardiogenic splanchnic mesodermal cells at the level of the AIP...
- GATA4 transcription factor is required for ventral morphogenesis and heart tube formationC T Kuo
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genes Dev 11:1048-60. 1997..However, they define a critical role for GATA4 in regulating the rostral-to-caudal and lateral-to-ventral folding of the embryo that is needed for normal cardiac morphogenesis...
- Myosin regulatory light chains are required to maintain the stability of myosin II and cellular integrityInju Park
School of Life Sciences, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, Korea
Biochem J 434:171-80. 2011..highly conserved non-muscle RLCs of the mouse: MYL (myosin light chain) 12A (referred to as MYL12A), MYL12B and MYL9 (MYL12A/12B/9)...