Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myh10
Description: myosin, heavy polypeptide 10, non-muscle
Alias: 5730504C04Rik, 9330167F11Rik, Fltn, Myhn-2, Myhn2, NMHC II-B, NMHC-B, NMHCII-B, NMMHC II-b, NMMHC-B, NMMHC-IIB, SMemb, mKIAA3005, myosin-10, cellular myosin heavy chain, type B, flectin, myosin IIB, myosin heavy chain 10, non-muscle, myosin heavy chain, non-muscle IIb, myosin heavy chain, nonmuscular, type B, non-muscle myosin heavy chain B, non-muscle myosin heavy chain IIb, nonmuscle myosin heavy chain II-B
- Kim K, Kovacs M, Kawamoto S, Sellers J, Adelstein R. Disease-associated mutations and alternative splicing alter the enzymatic and motile activity of nonmuscle myosins II-B and II-C. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22769-75 pubmed..NMHC) II-A (MYH9) and II-C (MYH14) have been described as have mice generated with a point mutation in NMHC II-B (MYH10)...
- Ma X, Kawamoto S, Uribe J, Adelstein R. Function of the neuron-specific alternatively spliced isoforms of nonmuscle myosin II-B during mouse brain development. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:2138-49 pubmed..Some of the B2-ablated Purkinje cells are misplaced in the cerebellar molecular layer. All of the B2-ablated mice demonstrated impaired motor coordination. ..
- Ma X, Bao J, Adelstein R. Loss of cell adhesion causes hydrocephalus in nonmuscle myosin II-B-ablated and mutated mice. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2305-12 pubmed..These studies show that the scaffolding properties of NM II-B play an important role in cell adhesion, thereby preventing hydrocephalus during mouse brain development. ..
- Bridgman P, Dave S, Asnes C, Tullio A, Adelstein R. Myosin IIB is required for growth cone motility. J Neurosci. 2001;21:6159-69 pubmed..To test whether myosin IIB is responsible for the force generation, we quantified shape dynamics and filopodial-mediated traction force in ..
- Solecki D, Trivedi N, Govek E, Kerekes R, Gleason S, Hatten M. Myosin II motors and F-actin dynamics drive the coordinated movement of the centrosome and soma during CNS glial-guided neuronal migration. Neuron. 2009;63:63-80 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest leading-process Myosin II may function to "pull" the centrosome and soma forward during glial-guided migration by a mechanism involving the conserved polarity protein Par6alpha. ..
- Ma X, Takeda K, Singh A, Yu Z, Zerfas P, Blount A, et al. Conditional ablation of nonmuscle myosin II-B delineates heart defects in adult mice. Circ Res. 2009;105:1102-9 pubmed publisher..We also define a role for NMII-B in maintaining the integrity of intercalated discs. ..
- Bao J, Ma X, Liu C, Adelstein R. Replacement of nonmuscle myosin II-B with II-A rescues brain but not cardiac defects in mice. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22102-11 pubmed..NMHC) II-B by inserting cDNA encoding green fluorescent protein (GFP)-NMHC II-A into the first coding exon of the Myh10 gene, thereby placing GFP-NMHC II-A under control of the endogenous II-B promoter...
- Plageman T, Zacharias A, Gage P, Lang R. Shroom3 and a Pitx2-N-cadherin pathway function cooperatively to generate asymmetric cell shape changes during gut morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;357:227-34 pubmed publisher..This indicates a genetic interaction. Together these data provide evidence that Shroom3 and N-cadherin function cooperatively downstream of Pitx2 to directly regulate cell shape changes necessary for early gut tube morphogenesis. ..
- Doyle A, Kutys M, Conti M, Matsumoto K, Adelstein R, Yamada K. Micro-environmental control of cell migration--myosin IIA is required for efficient migration in fibrillar environments through control of cell adhesion dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2244-56 pubmed publisher..Genetic ablation of myosin IIA (MIIA) or myosin IIB (MIIB) isoforms revealed that MIIA is required for efficient migration in restricted environments as well as ..
- Lee J, Andreeva A, Sipe C, Liu L, Cheng A, Lu X. PTK7 regulates myosin II activity to orient planar polarity in the mammalian auditory epithelium. Curr Biol. 2012;22:956-66 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that PTK7 acts in conjunction with the noncanonical Wnt pathway to orient epithelial PCP through modulation of myosin II-based contractile tension between supporting cells and hair cells. ..
- White J, Barro M, Makarenkova H, Sanger J, Sanger J. Localization of sarcomeric proteins during myofibril assembly in cultured mouse primary skeletal myotubes. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2014;297:1571-84 pubmed publisher..The data presented in this study on cultures of primary mouse skeletal myocytes are consistent with the premyofibril model of myofibrillogenesis previously proposed for both avian cardiac and skeletal muscle cells. ..
- Roy A, Lordier L, Mazzi S, Chang Y, Lapierre V, Larghero J, et al. Activity of nonmuscle myosin II isoforms determines localization at the cleavage furrow of megakaryocytes. Blood. 2016;128:3137-3145 pubmed publisher..Although immature megakaryocytes express 2 nonmuscle myosin II isoforms (MYH9 [NMIIA] and MYH10 [NMIIB]), only NMIIB localizes at the cleavage furrow, and its subsequent absence contributes to polyploidy...
- Maddala R, Skiba N, Vasantha Rao P. Lens fiber cell elongation and differentiation is associated with a robust increase in myosin light chain phosphorylation in the developing mouse. Differentiation. 2007;75:713-25 pubmed..myosin IIA was distributed uniformly throughout the differentiating lens, including the epithelium and fibers, myosin IIB was localized predominantly to the epithelium and the posterior tips of the lens fibers...
- Sumigray K, Zhou K, Lechler T. Cell-cell adhesions and cell contractility are upregulated upon desmosome disruption. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e101824 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that desmosome disruption results in extensive transcriptional and posttranslational changes that alter the activity of other cell adhesion structures...
- Marigo V, Nigro A, Pecci A, Montanaro D, Di Stazio M, Balduini C, et al. Correlation between the clinical phenotype of MYH9-related disease and tissue distribution of class II nonmuscle myosin heavy chains. Genomics. 2004;83:1125-33 pubmed..We hypothesize that cells expressing only II-A manifest the congenital defects, while tissues expressing additional myosin II isoforms show either late onset of abnormalities or no pathological sign. ..
- Lee J, Silva Gagliardi N, Tepass U, McGlade C, Anderson K. The FERM protein Epb4.1l5 is required for organization of the neural plate and for the epithelial-mesenchymal transition at the primitive streak of the mouse embryo. Development. 2007;134:2007-16 pubmed..We propose that mouse Lulu (Epb4.1l5) helps anchor the actin-myosin contractile machinery to the membrane to allow the dynamic rearrangements of epithelia that mediate embryonic morphogenesis. ..
- Brown M, Bridgman P. Retrograde flow rate is increased in growth cones from myosin IIB knockout mice. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:1087-94 pubmed..IIA and IIB normally contribute to retrograde flow and the properties of the flow are strongly influenced by myosin IIB because of its location and abundance...
- Badirou I, Pan J, Legrand C, Wang A, Lordier L, Boukour S, et al. Carboxyl-terminal-dependent recruitment of nonmuscle myosin II to megakaryocyte contractile ring during polyploidization. Blood. 2014;124:2564-8 pubmed publisher..in vitro studies has revealed the distinct roles of 2 nonmuscle myosin IIs (NMIIs) on MK endomitosis: only NMII-B (MYH10), but not NMII-A (MYH9), is localized in the MK contractile ring and implicated in mitosis/endomitosis transition...
- Milberg O, Shitara A, Ebrahim S, Masedunskas A, Tora M, Tran D, et al. Concerted actions of distinct nonmuscle myosin II isoforms drive intracellular membrane remodeling in live animals. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1925-1936 pubmed publisher..Our data support a dual role for the actomyosin cytoskeleton in providing the mechanical forces required to remodel the lipid bilayer and serving as a scaffold to recruit key regulatory molecules. ..
- Ju X, Guo Y, Wang N, Huang Y, Lai M, Zhai Y, et al. Both Myosin-10 isoforms are required for radial neuronal migration in the developing cerebral cortex. Cereb Cortex. 2014;24:1259-68 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals divergent functions for the 2 Myo10 isoforms in controlling both the direction of migration and neuronal morphogenesis during radial cortical neuronal migration. ..
- Liu Z, Van Rossen E, Timmermans J, Geerts A, van Grunsven L, Reynaert H. Distinct roles for non-muscle myosin II isoforms in mouse hepatic stellate cells. J Hepatol. 2011;54:132-41 pubmed publisher..located in the subcortical area of quiescent HSCs and at ?-SMA-containing stress fibres after activation, while myosin IIB is located in the cytoplasm and at the edge of protrusions of quiescent HSCs, at stress fibres of activated ..
- Ma X, Kovacs M, Conti M, Wang A, Zhang Y, Sellers J, et al. Nonmuscle myosin II exerts tension but does not translocate actin in vertebrate cytokinesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4509-14 pubmed publisher..We propose that the major roles of NM II in vertebrate cell cytokinesis are to bind and cross-link actin filaments and to exert tension on actin during contractile ring constriction. ..
- Strilic B, Kucera T, Eglinger J, Hughes M, McNagny K, Tsukita S, et al. The molecular basis of vascular lumen formation in the developing mouse aorta. Dev Cell. 2009;17:505-15 pubmed publisher..In contrast, VEGF-A is required for F-actin-nm-Myosin II interactions and EC shape change. Based on these data, we propose a molecular mechanism of in vivo vascular lumen formation in developing blood vessels. ..
- Yagi H, Takabayashi T, Xie M, Kuroda K, Sato M. Subcellular distribution of non-muscle myosin IIb is controlled by FILIP through Hsc70. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172257 pubmed publisher..Previously, we demonstrated that the subcellular localization and function of myosin IIb are regulated by its binding partner, filamin-A interacting protein (FILIP)...
- Lang R, Herman K, Reynolds A, Hildebrand J, Plageman T. p120-catenin-dependent junctional recruitment of Shroom3 is required for apical constriction during lens pit morphogenesis. Development. 2014;141:3177-87 pubmed publisher..Finally, we determined that p120-catenin functions by recruiting Shroom3 to adherens junctions. Together, these data identify a novel role for p120-catenin during AC and further define the mechanisms required for vertebrate AC. ..
- Lu S, Horowits R. Role of nonmuscle myosin IIB and N-RAP in cell spreading and myofibril assembly in primary mouse cardiomyocytes. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2008;65:747-61 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these proteins have distinct functional roles, with NMHC IIB playing a role in cardiomyocyte spreading and N-RAP functioning in myofibril assembly. ..
- Jiang J, Kolpak A, Bao Z. Myosin IIB isoform plays an essential role in the formation of two distinct types of macropinosomes. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2010;67:32-42 pubmed publisher..Myosin IIA knockdown significantly increased, whereas myosin IIB knockdown significantly decreased, macropinocytosis with correlating changes in membrane ruffle formation.
- Meshel A, Wei Q, Adelstein R, Sheetz M. Basic mechanism of three-dimensional collagen fibre transport by fibroblasts. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:157-64 pubmed..Thus, we suggest that cyclic myosin II-B assembly and contraction in lamellipodia power 3D fibre movements. ..
- Ma X, Adelstein R. A point mutation in Myh10 causes major defects in heart development and body wall closure. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2014;7:257-65 pubmed publisher..Previous work, using knockout and hypomorphic mice, showed that Myh10 encoding myosin heavy chain II-B is critical for cardiac and brain development...
- Hossain M, Zhao G, Woo M, Wang J, Jin J. Deletion of Calponin 2 in Mouse Fibroblasts Increases Myosin II-Dependent Cell Traction Force. Biochemistry. 2016;55:6046-6055 pubmed..The novel finding that calponin 2 regulates myosin-dependent CTF in non-muscle cells demonstrates a mechanism for controlling cell motility-based functions. ..
- Chauhan B, Disanza A, Choi S, Faber S, Lou M, Beggs H, et al. Cdc42- and IRSp53-dependent contractile filopodia tether presumptive lens and retina to coordinate epithelial invagination. Development. 2009;136:3657-67 pubmed publisher..Although invagination of the archenteron in sea urchins and dorsal closure in Drosophila are known to be partly dependent on filopodia, this mechanism of morphogenesis has not previously been identified in vertebrates. ..
- Kim S, Lewis A, Singh V, Ma X, Adelstein R, Bush J. Convergence and extrusion are required for normal fusion of the mammalian secondary palate. PLoS Biol. 2015;13:e1002122 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that actomyosin contractility drives cell intercalation and cell extrusion during palate fusion and suggest a general mechanism for tissue fusion in development. ..
- Hur E, Yang I, Kim D, Byun J, Saijilafu -, Xu W, et al. Engineering neuronal growth cones to promote axon regeneration over inhibitory molecules. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:5057-62 pubmed publisher..Together, our study proposes NMII and growth cone cytoskeletal components as effective targets for promoting axon regeneration. ..
- Tenin G, Clowes C, Wolton K, Krejci E, Wright J, Lovell S, et al. Erbb2 is required for cardiac atrial electrical activity during development. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e107041 pubmed publisher..Thus, the l11Jus8 mouse reveals a novel function of Erbb2 during atrial conduction system development, which when disrupted causes death at mid-gestation. ..
- McGreevy E, Vijayraghavan D, Davidson L, Hildebrand J. Shroom3 functions downstream of planar cell polarity to regulate myosin II distribution and cellular organization during neural tube closure. Biol Open. 2015;4:186-96 pubmed publisher..These findings support a model in which the Shroom3 and PCP pathways interact to control CE and polarized bending of the neural plate and provide a clear illustration of the complex genetic basis of NTDs. ..
- Uchiyama Y, Sakaguchi M, Terabayashi T, Inenaga T, Inoue S, Kobayashi C, et al. Kif26b, a kinesin family gene, regulates adhesion of the embryonic kidney mesenchyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:9240-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, Kif26b is essential for kidney development because it regulates the adhesion of mesenchymal cells in contact with ureteric buds. ..
- Harunaga J, Doyle A, Yamada K. Local and global dynamics of the basement membrane during branching morphogenesis require protease activity and actomyosin contractility. Dev Biol. 2014;394:197-205 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the basement membrane is rendered distensible by proteolytic degradation to allow it to be moved and remodeled by cells through actomyosin contractility to support branching morphogenesis. ..
- Turney S, Bridgman P. Laminin stimulates and guides axonal outgrowth via growth cone myosin II activity. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:717-9 pubmed
- Haque F, Kaku Y, Fujimura S, Ohmori T, Adelstein R, Nishinakamura R. Non-muscle myosin II deletion in the developing kidney causes ureter-bladder misconnection and apical extrusion of the nephric duct lineage epithelia. Dev Biol. 2017;427:121-130 pubmed publisher..Myh9 and Myh10 encode two different non-muscle myosin II heavy chains, and Myh9 mutations in humans are implicated in congenital ..
- Logan C, Rajakaruna S, Bowen C, Radice G, Robinson M, Menko A. N-cadherin regulates signaling mechanisms required for lens fiber cell elongation and lens morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2017;428:118-134 pubmed publisher..The dependence of migration of the fiber cell apical domains along the EFI for lens morphogenesis on N-cadherin provides new insight into the process of tissue development. ..
- Wilson N, Olm Shipman A, Acevedo D, Palaniyandi K, Hall E, Kosa E, et al. SPECC1L deficiency results in increased adherens junction stability and reduced cranial neural crest cell delamination. Sci Rep. 2016;6:17735 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate SPECC1L as a novel modulator of PI3K-AKT signaling and AJ biology, required for neural tube closure and CNCC delamination. ..
- Babu G, Celia G, Rhee A, Yamamura H, Takahashi K, Brozovich F, et al. Effects of h1-calponin ablation on the contractile properties of bladder versus vascular smooth muscle in mice lacking SM-B myosin. J Physiol. 2006;577:1033-42 pubmed
- Lordier L, Bluteau D, Jalil A, Legrand C, Pan J, Rameau P, et al. RUNX1-induced silencing of non-muscle myosin heavy chain IIB contributes to megakaryocyte polyploidization. Nat Commun. 2012;3:717 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the non-muscle myosin IIB heavy chain (MYH10) is expressed in immature megakaryocytes and specifically localizes in the contractile ring...
- Escuin S, Vernay B, Savery D, Gurniak C, Witke W, Greene N, et al. Rho-kinase-dependent actin turnover and actomyosin disassembly are necessary for mouse spinal neural tube closure. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:2468-81 pubmed publisher..In contrast, actomyosin assembly and myosin ATPase activity are not limiting for closure. ..
- Recuenco M, Ohmori T, Tanigawa S, Taguchi A, Fujimura S, Conti M, et al. Nonmuscle Myosin II Regulates the Morphogenesis of Metanephric Mesenchyme-Derived Immature Nephrons. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;26:1081-91 pubmed publisher..Myh9 and Myh10 encode nonmuscle myosin II heavy chains, and Myh9 mutations in humans are implicated in congenital kidney diseases ..
- Ozkan E, Aceti M, Creson T, Rojas C, Hubbs C, McGuire M, et al. Input-specific regulation of hippocampal circuit maturation by non-muscle myosin IIB. J Neurochem. 2015;134:429-44 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Myosin IIB is a key molecular factor that guides input-specific circuit maturation in the developing hippocampus...
- Ramkumar N, Omelchenko T, Silva Gagliardi N, McGlade C, Wijnholds J, Anderson K. Crumbs2 promotes cell ingression during the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition at gastrulation. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:1281-1291 pubmed publisher..pattern on apical cell edges, and the level of CRB2 on a cell edge is inversely correlated with the level of myosin IIB. The data suggest that the distributions of CRB2 and myosin IIB define which cells will ingress, and we propose ..
- Lu W, Seeholzer S, Han M, Arnold A, Serrano M, Garita B, et al. Cellular nonmuscle myosins NMHC-IIA and NMHC-IIB and vertebrate heart looping. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3577-90 pubmed publisherb>Flectin, a protein previously described to be expressed in a left-dominant manner in the embryonic chick heart during looping, is a member of the nonmuscle myosin II (NMHC-II) protein class...
- Weir L, Chen D. Characterization of the nonmuscle myosin heavy chain IIB promoter: regulation by E2F. Gene Expr. 1996;6:45-57 pubmed..These data provide strong evidence that E2F or an E2F-related transcription factor is involved in the regulation of nonmuscle myosin expression. ..
- Park I, Han C, Jin S, Lee B, Choi H, Kwon J, et al. Myosin regulatory light chains are required to maintain the stability of myosin II and cellular integrity. Biochem J. 2011;434:171-80 pubmed publisher..Proteomic analysis showed that all three are associated with the MHCs MYH9 (NMHC IIA) and MYH10 (NMHC IIB), as well as the ELC MYL6, in NIH 3T3 fibroblasts...
- Luccardini C, Hennekinne L, Viou L, Yanagida M, Murakami F, Kessaris N, et al. N-cadherin sustains motility and polarity of future cortical interneurons during tangential migration. J Neurosci. 2013;33:18149-60 pubmed publisher..show reduced cell motility, leading process instability, and impaired polarization associated with abnormal myosin IIB dynamics. In vivo, the capability of electroporated MGE cells to invade the developing cortical plate is altered...
- Getty A, Benedict J, Pearce D. A novel interaction of CLN3 with nonmuscle myosin-IIB and defects in cell motility of Cln3(-/-) cells. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:51-69 pubmed publisher..in the CNS such as neurodegeneration in JNCL patients and Cln3(-/-) mouse models, or developmental deficiencies in Myh10(-/-) mice, respectively. A scratch assay revealed a migration defect associated with Cln3(-/-) cells...
- Hirota Y, Meunier A, Huang S, Shimozawa T, Yamada O, Kida Y, et al. Planar polarity of multiciliated ependymal cells involves the anterior migration of basal bodies regulated by non-muscle myosin II. Development. 2010;137:3037-46 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the orientation and distribution of basal bodies occur by distinct mechanisms. ..
- Weimer J, Yokota Y, Stanco A, Stumpo D, Blackshear P, Anton E. MARCKS modulates radial progenitor placement, proliferation and organization in the developing cerebral cortex. Development. 2009;136:2965-75 pubmed publisher..Apical restriction of key polarity complexes [CDC42, beta-catenin (CTNNB1), N-cadherin (CDH2), myosin IIB (MYOIIB), aPKCzeta, LGL, PAR3, pericentrin, PROM1] is lost...
- Zhu X, Wang C, Dai P, Xie Y, Song N, Liu Y, et al. Myosin X regulates netrin receptors and functions in axonal path-finding. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:184-92 pubmed..Taken together, these results identify a novel role for Myo X in regulating netrin-1 function. ..
- Arii J, Hirohata Y, Kato A, Kawaguchi Y. Nonmuscle myosin heavy chain IIb mediates herpes simplex virus 1 entry. J Virol. 2015;89:1879-88 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrated that the ability to mediate HSV-1 entry appeared to be conserved in NMHC-II isoforms. These results may provide an insight into the mechanism by which HSV-1 infects a wide variety of cell types in vivo. ..
- Patzak A, Petzhold D, Wronski T, Martinka P, Babu G, Periasamy M, et al. Constriction velocities of renal afferent and efferent arterioles of mice are not related to SMB expression. Kidney Int. 2005;68:2726-34 pubmed
- Hildebrand J. Shroom regulates epithelial cell shape via the apical positioning of an actomyosin network. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5191-203 pubmed..Thus, Shroom likely facilitates neural tube closure by regulating cell shape changes via the apical positioning of an actomyosin network in the neurepithelium. ..
- Vega Riveroll L, Wylie S, Loughna P, Parson S, Chantler P. Nonmuscle myosins IIA and IIB are present in adult motor nerve terminals. Neuroreport. 2005;16:1143-6 pubmed..for myosin II isoforms and nerve terminal or muscle endplate markers, we demonstrate that both myosin IIA and myosin IIB are localized in nerve terminals...
- Murakami N, Trenkner E, Elzinga M. Changes in expression of nonmuscle myosin heavy chain isoforms during muscle and nonmuscle tissue development. Dev Biol. 1993;157:19-27 pubmed..In cryosections of skeletal and cardiac muscles, MIIB2 was localized within the muscle cells, while MIIA and MIIApla were primarily in the blood vessels and capillaries. ..
- Ma X, Sung D, Yang Y, Wakabayashi Y, Adelstein R. Nonmuscle myosin IIB regulates epicardial integrity and epicardium-derived mesenchymal cell maturation. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:2696-2706 pubmed publisherNonmuscle myosin IIB (NMIIB; heavy chain encoded by MYH10) is essential for cardiac myocyte cytokinesis. The role of NMIIB in other cardiac cells is not known...
- Sáez de Guinoa J, Barrio L, Mellado M, Carrasco Y. CXCL13/CXCR5 signaling enhances BCR-triggered B-cell activation by shaping cell dynamics. Blood. 2011;118:1560-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the CXCL13/CXCR5 signaling effect on shaping B-cell dynamics is an effective mechanism that enhances antigen encounter and BCR-triggered B-cell activation. ..
- Ma X, Jana S, Conti M, Kawamoto S, Claycomb W, Adelstein R. Ablation of nonmuscle myosin II-B and II-C reveals a role for nonmuscle myosin II in cardiac myocyte karyokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3952-62 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that NM II is involved in regulating cardiac myocyte karyokinesis by affecting microtubule dynamics. ..
- Yamamoto N, Okano T, Ma X, Adelstein R, Kelley M. Myosin II regulates extension, growth and patterning in the mammalian cochlear duct. Development. 2009;136:1977-86 pubmed publisher..Our results also provide insights into the cellular mechanisms that are required for the formation of highly ordered cellular patterns...
- Marcos S, Moreau J, Backer S, Job D, Andrieux A, Bloch Gallego E. Tubulin tyrosination is required for the proper organization and pathfinding of the growth cone. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5405 pubmed publisher..respective localization of actin and MT filaments is disturbed, with a decrease in the distal accumulation of Myosin IIB, as well as a concomitant Rac1 over-activation in the hindbrain...
- Amparan D, Avram D, Thomas C, Lindahl M, Yang J, Bajaj G, et al. Direct interaction of myosin regulatory light chain with the NMDA receptor. J Neurochem. 2005;92:349-61 pubmed..Thus, myosin RLC-NMDA receptor interactions may contribute to the contractile and motile forces that are placed upon NMDA receptor subunits during changes associated with synaptic plasticity and neural morphogenesis. ..
- Tsuda T, Majumder K, Linask K. Differential expression of flectin in the extracellular matrix and left-right asymmetry in mouse embryonic heart during looping stages. Dev Genet. 1998;23:203-14 pubmedA novel extracellular matrix protein flectin (250 kD M(r)) shows specific left-right asymmetric expression before and throughout the looping process during heart development in avian embryos [Tsuda et al., 1996]...
- Liu X, Kapoor T, Chen J, Huse M. Diacylglycerol promotes centrosome polarization in T cells via reciprocal localization of dynein and myosin II. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11976-81 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a role for NMII in T-cell polarity and demonstrate how it is regulated by upstream signals. ..
- El Hashash A, Warburton D. Cell polarity and spindle orientation in the distal epithelium of embryonic lung. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:441-5 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence for polarity in distal epithelial progenitors of embryonic lungs and provide a framework for future translationally oriented studies in this area. ..
- Wang A, Ma X, Conti M, Liu C, Kawamoto S, Adelstein R. Nonmuscle myosin II isoform and domain specificity during early mouse development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:14645-50 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the functions of the N-terminal motor and C-terminal rod domains of NM II and their different roles in cell-cell and cell-matrix adhesion...
- Ronen D, Ravid S. Myosin II tailpiece determines its paracrystal structure, filament assembly properties, and cellular localization. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:24948-57 pubmed publisher..We thus show that the small tailpiece of NMII is a distinct domain playing a role in isoform-specific filament assembly and cellular functions. ..
- Brown J, Wysolmerski R, Bridgman P. Dorsal root ganglion neurons react to semaphorin 3A application through a biphasic response that requires multiple myosin II isoforms. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:1167-79 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of myosin II activity with blebbistatin or by using neurons from myosin IIB knockouts inhibits retraction...