Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mycn
Description: v-myc avian myelocytomatosis viral related oncogene, neuroblastoma derived
Alias: N-myc, Nmyc, Nmyc-1, Nmyc1, bHLHe37, c-nmyc, N-myc proto-oncogene protein, neuroblastoma myc-related oncogene 1, v-myc myelocytomatosis viral related oncogene, neuroblastoma derived
- Swartling F, Grimmer M, Hackett C, Northcott P, Fan Q, Goldenberg D, et al. Pleiotropic role for MYCN in medulloblastoma. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1059-72 pubmed publisher..To identify common signaling abnormalities, we profiled mRNA, demonstrating misexpression of MYCN in the majority of human MB and negligible expression in normal cerebella...
- Ota S, Zhou Z, Keene D, Knoepfler P, Hurlin P. Activities of N-Myc in the developing limb link control of skeletal size with digit separation. Development. 2007;134:1583-92 pubmed..Here, we show that conditional deletion of N-Myc (Mycn) in the developing mouse limb leads to uniformly small skeletal elements and profound soft-tissue syndactyly...
- Swartling F, Savov V, Persson A, Chen J, Hackett C, Northcott P, et al. Distinct neural stem cell populations give rise to disparate brain tumors in response to N-MYC. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:601-13 pubmed publisherThe proto-oncogene MYCN is mis-expressed in various types of human brain tumors...
- Martins R, Zindy F, Donovan S, Zhang J, Pounds S, Wey A, et al. N-myc coordinates retinal growth with eye size during mouse development. Genes Dev. 2008;22:179-93 pubmed publisher..We propose that N-myc lies upstream of the cell cycle machinery in the developing mouse retina and thus coordinates the growth of both the retina and eye through extrinsic cues. ..
- Laurenti E, Varnum Finney B, Wilson A, Ferrero I, Blanco Bose W, Ehninger A, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell function and survival depend on c-Myc and N-Myc activity. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3:611-24 pubmed publisher..Collectively, Myc activity (c-Myc and N-Myc) controls crucial aspects of HSC function including proliferation, differentiation, and survival. ..
- Potvin E, Beuret L, Cadrin Girard J, Carter M, Roy S, Tremblay M, et al. Cooperative action of multiple cis-acting elements is required for N-myc expression in branchial arches: specific contribution of GATA3. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:5348-63 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that correct N-myc developmental expression is achieved via cooperation of multiple positive and negative regulatory elements. ..
- Mugrauer G, Alt F, Ekblom P. N-myc proto-oncogene expression during organogenesis in the developing mouse as revealed by in situ hybridization. J Cell Biol. 1988;107:1325-35 pubmed..The results raise the possibility that N-myc may participate in the control of these early differentiation events. ..
- Stanton B, Perkins A, Tessarollo L, Sassoon D, Parada L. Loss of N-myc function results in embryonic lethality and failure of the epithelial component of the embryo to develop. Genes Dev. 1992;6:2235-47 pubmed..Examination of c-myc expression in mutant embryos indicates the existence of coordinate regulation of myc genes during mouse embryogenesis. ..
- Knoepfler P, Zhang X, Cheng P, Gafken P, McMahon S, Eisenman R. Myc influences global chromatin structure. EMBO J. 2006;25:2723-34 pubmed..This study provides the first evidence for regulation of global chromatin structure by an oncoprotein and may explain the broad effects of Myc on cell behavior and tumorigenesis. ..
- Kenney A, Cole M, Rowitch D. Nmyc upregulation by sonic hedgehog signaling promotes proliferation in developing cerebellar granule neuron precursors. Development. 2003;130:15-28 pubmed..We report that sonic hedgehog (Shh) signaling upregulates expression of the proto-oncogene Nmyc in cultured cerebellar granule neuron precursors (CGNPs) in the absence of new protein synthesis...
- Downs K, Martin G, Bishop J. Contrasting patterns of myc and N-myc expression during gastrulation of the mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 1989;3:860-9 pubmed..Instead, the gene appeared to be regulated in concert with changes that affect a diversity of cellular properties, including proliferation, invasiveness, and differentiation. ..
- Smith K, Singh A, Dalton S. Myc represses primitive endoderm differentiation in pluripotent stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;7:343-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate the indispensable requirement for c- or N-myc in pluripotency beyond proliferative and metabolic control. ..
- Knoepfler P, Cheng P, Eisenman R. N-myc is essential during neurogenesis for the rapid expansion of progenitor cell populations and the inhibition of neuronal differentiation. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2699-712 pubmed..Its effects on proliferation and differentiation appear due, at least in part, to down-regulation of a specific subset of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors. ..
- Charron J, Malynn B, Fisher P, Stewart V, Jeannotte L, Goff S, et al. Embryonic lethality in mice homozygous for a targeted disruption of the N-myc gene. Genes Dev. 1992;6:2248-57 pubmed..These results demonstrate that N-myc plays an essential role during development and clearly confirm that N-myc has a physiological function that is distinct from that of the other myc-family genes. ..
- Thomas W, Chen J, Gao Y, Cheung B, Koach J, Sekyere E, et al. Patched1 deletion increases N-Myc protein stability as a mechanism of medulloblastoma initiation and progression. Oncogene. 2009;28:1605-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together our data identify N-Myc protein stability as the result of loss of Ptch1, which distinguishes normal cerebellar development from medulloblastoma tumorigenesis. ..
- Hirning U, Schmid P, Schulz W, Rettenberger G, Hameister H. A comparative analysis of N-myc and c-myc expression and cellular proliferation in mouse organogenesis. Mech Dev. 1991;33:119-25 pubmed..g., during development of eye lens, retina, telencephalon and gut epithelium. Thus, in spite of the structural similarities of N-myc and c-myc genes and proteins their developmental expression patterns suggest different functional roles. ..
- Trumpp A, Refaeli Y, Oskarsson T, Gasser S, Murphy M, Martin G, et al. c-Myc regulates mammalian body size by controlling cell number but not cell size. Nature. 2001;414:768-73 pubmed..We propose that in mammals c-Myc controls the decision to divide or not to divide and thereby functions as a crucial mediator of signals that determine organ and body size. ..
- Moens C, Auerbach A, Conlon R, Joyner A, Rossant J. A targeted mutation reveals a role for N-myc in branching morphogenesis in the embryonic mouse lung. Genes Dev. 1992;6:691-704 pubmed
- Dominguez Frutos E, López Hernández I, Vendrell V, Neves J, Gallozzi M, Gutsche K, et al. N-myc controls proliferation, morphogenesis, and patterning of the inner ear. J Neurosci. 2011;31:7178-89 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that N-myc regulates growth, morphogenesis, and pattern formation during the development of the inner ear. ..
- Varlakhanova N, Cotterman R, Devries W, Morgan J, Donahue L, Murray S, et al. myc maintains embryonic stem cell pluripotency and self-renewal. Differentiation. 2010;80:9-19 pubmed publisherWhile endogenous Myc (c-myc) and Mycn (N-myc) have been reported to be separately dispensable for murine embryonic stem cell (mESC) function, myc greatly enhances induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cell formation and overexpressed c-myc ..
- Queva C, Hurlin P, Foley K, Eisenman R. Sequential expression of the MAD family of transcriptional repressors during differentiation and development. Oncogene. 1998;16:967-77 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that the different members of the MAD protein family exert their functions at distinct steps during the transition between proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Moens C, Stanton B, Parada L, Rossant J. Defects in heart and lung development in compound heterozygotes for two different targeted mutations at the N-myc locus. Development. 1993;119:485-99 pubmed..This study illustrates the importance of generating different mutations at a given locus to elucidate fully the function of a particular gene during development. ..
- Chesler L, Schlieve C, Goldenberg D, Kenney A, Kim G, McMillan A, et al. Inhibition of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase destabilizes Mycn protein and blocks malignant progression in neuroblastoma. Cancer Res. 2006;66:8139-46 pubmedAmplification of MYCN occurs commonly in neuroblastoma...
- Kopecky B, Santi P, Johnson S, Schmitz H, Fritzsch B. Conditional deletion of N-Myc disrupts neurosensory and non-sensory development of the ear. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:1373-90 pubmed publisher..These findings are put in the context of the possible functional relationship of N-Myc with a number of other cell proliferative and fate determining genes during ear development. ..
- Oliver T, Grasfeder L, Carroll A, Kaiser C, Gillingham C, Lin S, et al. Transcriptional profiling of the Sonic hedgehog response: a critical role for N-myc in proliferation of neuronal precursors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:7331-6 pubmed..Finally, cyclin D1 and N-myc are overexpressed in murine medulloblastoma. These findings suggest that cyclin D1 and N-myc are important mediators of Shh-induced proliferation and tumorigenesis. ..
- Kawagoe H, Kandilci A, Kranenburg T, Grosveld G. Overexpression of N-Myc rapidly causes acute myeloid leukemia in mice. Cancer Res. 2007;67:10677-85 pubmed..These results show that N-Myc overexpression is highly oncogenic in mouse myeloid cells and suggest that N-MYC up-regulation contributes to human myeloid leukemogenesis. ..
- Kenney A, Widlund H, Rowitch D. Hedgehog and PI-3 kinase signaling converge on Nmyc1 to promote cell cycle progression in cerebellar neuronal precursors. Development. 2004;131:217-28 pubmed..Shh signaling drives expression of mRNA encoding the Nmyc1 oncoprotein (previously N-myc), which is essential for expansion of cerebellar granule neuron precursors...
- Giroux S, Charron J. Defective development of the embryonic liver in N-myc-deficient mice. Dev Biol. 1998;195:16-28 pubmed
- Goss A, Tian Y, Tsukiyama T, Cohen E, Zhou D, Lu M, et al. Wnt2/2b and beta-catenin signaling are necessary and sufficient to specify lung progenitors in the foregut. Dev Cell. 2009;17:290-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal that canonical Wnt2/2b signaling is required for the specification of lung endoderm progenitors in the developing foregut...
- Mobley B, Kwon M, Kraemer B, Hickman F, Qiao J, Chung D, et al. Expression of MYCN in Multipotent Sympathoadrenal Progenitors Induces Proliferation and Neural Differentiation, but Is Not Sufficient for Tumorigenesis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0133897 pubmed publisher..Amplification of the MYCN oncogene is a genetic marker of risk in this disease...
- Tavana O, Li D, Dai C, Lopez G, Banerjee D, Kon N, et al. HAUSP deubiquitinates and stabilizes N-Myc in neuroblastoma. Nat Med. 2016;22:1180-1186 pubmed publisherThe MYCN proto-oncogene is amplified in a number of advanced-stage human tumors, such as neuroblastomas...
- Cox D, Trouillot T, Ashley P, Brabant M, Coffino P. A functional mouse ornithine decarboxylase gene (Odc) maps to chromosome 12: further evidence of homoeology between mouse chromosome 12 and the short arm of human chromosome 2. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1988;48:92-4 pubmed..This assignment provides further evidence of genetic homoeology between a region of mouse chromosome 12 and the distal short arm of human chromosome 2. ..
- Yin Y, Wang F, Ornitz D. Mesothelial- and epithelial-derived FGF9 have distinct functions in the regulation of lung development. Development. 2011;138:3169-77 pubmed publisher..We show that FGF signaling is primarily responsible for regulating mesenchymal proliferation, whereas ?-catenin signaling is a required permissive factor for mesenchymal FGF signaling. ..
- Liu M, Xia Y, Ding J, Ye B, Zhao E, Choi J, et al. Transcriptional Profiling Reveals a Common Metabolic Program in High-Risk Human Neuroblastoma and Mouse Neuroblastoma Sphere-Forming Cells. Cell Rep. 2016;17:609-623 pubmed publisher..of neuroblastoma sphere-forming cells with self-renewal and differentiation potential from tumors of the TH-MYCN mouse, an animal model of high-risk neuroblastoma with MYCN amplification...
- Harmelink C, Peng Y, Debenedittis P, Chen H, Shou W, Jiao K. Myocardial Mycn is essential for mouse ventricular wall morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2013;373:53-63 pubmed publisherb>MYCN is a highly conserved transcription factor with multifaceted roles in development and disease. Mutations in MYCN are associated with Feingold syndrome, a developmental disorder characterized in part by congenital heart defects...
- Pshenichnaya I, Schouwey K, Armaro M, Larue L, Knoepfler P, Eisenman R, et al. Constitutive gray hair in mice induced by melanocyte-specific deletion of c-Myc. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2012;25:312-25 pubmed publisher..Double deletion of c-Myc and N-Myc results in nearly complete loss of the residual pigmentation, indicating that N-Myc is capable of compensating for c-Myc loss of function in melanocytes. ..
- Campbell D, Levitt P. Regionally restricted expression of the transcription factor c-myc intron 1 binding protein during brain development. J Comp Neurol. 2003;467:581-92 pubmed..5 to E14.5; N-myc was absent from the telencephalon by E15.5. The specificity and timing of mibp1 expression in the cerebral cortex suggests a role in maintaining a state of neuronal differentiation in the dorsal telencephalon. ..
- Lu Y, Thomson J, Wong H, Hammond S, Hogan B. Transgenic over-expression of the microRNA miR-17-92 cluster promotes proliferation and inhibits differentiation of lung epithelial progenitor cells. Dev Biol. 2007;310:442-53 pubmed..Together, these studies suggest that mir-17-92 normally promotes the high proliferation and undifferentiated phenotype of lung epithelial progenitor cells. ..
- Alvarez Rodriguez R, Pons S. Expression of the proneural gene encoding Mash1 suppresses MYCN mitotic activity. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:595-9 pubmed publisher..the proneural gene encoding Mash1 promotes cell-cycle exit and differentiation, whereas expression of the oncogene MYCN has the opposite effect, promoting the proliferation of these cells in the absence of sonic hedgehog...
- Tanaka M, Chen Z, Bartunkova S, Yamasaki N, Izumo S. The cardiac homeobox gene Csx/Nkx2.5 lies genetically upstream of multiple genes essential for heart development. Development. 1999;126:1269-80 pubmed..5 null cells exert dominant interfering effects on cardiac development, and (6) there were severe defects in yolk sac angiogenesis and hematopoiesis in the Csx/Nkx2.5 null embryos. ..
- Ueda T, Nakata Y, Yamasaki N, Oda H, Sentani K, Kanai A, et al. ALK(R1275Q) perturbs extracellular matrix, enhances cell invasion and leads to the development of neuroblastoma in cooperation with MYCN. Oncogene. 2016;35:4447-58 pubmed publisherOverexpression of MYCN is a hallmark of neuroblastoma (NB). ALK(R1275Q), an activating mutation of ALK (anaplastic lymphoma kinase), has been found in sporadic and familial NB patients...
- Nagy A, Moens C, Ivanyi E, Pawling J, Gertsenstein M, Hadjantonakis A, et al. Dissecting the role of N-myc in development using a single targeting vector to generate a series of alleles. Curr Biol. 1998;8:661-4 pubmed..This, and the possibility of subsequent lineage-specific or conditional allele repair in situ, represent new genome modification strategies that can be used to investigate multiple functions of a single gene. ..
- Vendrell V, Vázquez Echeverría C, López Hernández I, Alonso B, Martinez S, Pujades C, et al. Roles of Wnt8a during formation and patterning of the mouse inner ear. Mech Dev. 2013;130:160-8 pubmed publisher..Further reduction of Wnt signalling by the inactivation of Wnt1 in a Wnt8a mutant background revealed a redundant requirement for both genes during morphogenesis of the dorsal portion of the otic vesicle...
- Conlon R, Reaume A, Rossant J. Notch1 is required for the coordinate segmentation of somites. Development. 1995;121:1533-45 pubmed..However, we have found that somitogenesis is delayed and disorganized in Notch1 mutant embryos. We propose that Notch1 normally coordinates the process of somitogenesis, and we provide a model of how this might occur. ..
- Lancaster M, Gopal D, Kim J, Saleem S, Silhavy J, Louie C, et al. Defective Wnt-dependent cerebellar midline fusion in a mouse model of Joubert syndrome. Nat Med. 2011;17:726-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings implicate a defect in Wnt signaling in the cerebellar midline phenotype seen in Joubert syndrome that can be overcome with Wnt stimulation...
- Chanthery Y, Gustafson W, Itsara M, Persson A, Hackett C, Grimmer M, et al. Paracrine signaling through MYCN enhances tumor-vascular interactions in neuroblastoma. Sci Transl Med. 2012;4:115ra3 pubmed publisher..Both amplification of the proto-oncogene MYCN and increased neoangiogenesis mark high-risk disease...
- Scognamiglio R, Cabezas Wallscheid N, Thier M, Altamura S, Reyes A, Prendergast Ã, et al. Myc Depletion Induces a Pluripotent Dormant State Mimicking Diapause. Cell. 2016;164:668-80 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that Myc controls the biosynthetic machinery of stem cells without affecting their potency, thus regulating their entry and exit from the dormant state. ..
- FitzGerald M, Arsura M, Bellas R, Yang W, Wu M, Chin L, et al. Differential effects of the widely expressed dMax splice variant of Max on E-box vs initiator element-mediated regulation by c-Myc. Oncogene. 1999;18:2489-98 pubmed
- Brugmann S, Goodnough L, Gregorieff A, Leucht P, ten Berge D, Fuerer C, et al. Wnt signaling mediates regional specification in the vertebrate face. Development. 2007;134:3283-95 pubmed..Collectively, these data elucidate a new role for Wnt signaling in regional specification of the vertebrate face, and suggest possible mechanisms whereby species-specific facial features are generated. ..
- Moroy T, Fisher P, Guidos C, Ma A, Zimmerman K, Tesfaye A, et al. IgH enhancer deregulated expression of L-myc: abnormal T lymphocyte development and T cell lymphomagenesis. EMBO J. 1990;9:3659-66 pubmed..However, the Emu-L-myc tumors do not express detectable levels of endogenous myc family genes indicating that the L-myc protein can substitute for c- or N-myc in the generation and growth of lymphoid neoplasms. ..
- Dildrop R, Ma A, Zimmerman K, Hsu E, Tesfaye A, Depinho R, et al. IgH enhancer-mediated deregulation of N-myc gene expression in transgenic mice: generation of lymphoid neoplasias that lack c-myc expression. EMBO J. 1989;8:1121-8 pubmed..Our results also are discussed in the context of differential myc gene activity in normal and transformed cells. ..
- Lee C, Gilbert D, O Brien W, Jenkins N, Copeland N. Localization of a novel, LPS-inducible member of the thymidylate kinase family to mouse chromosome 12. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:742-3 pubmed
- Martinez Cerdeno V, Lemen J, Chan V, Wey A, Lin W, Dent S, et al. N-Myc and GCN5 regulate significantly overlapping transcriptional programs in neural stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39456 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have defined an important role for GCN5 in NSC and provided evidence that GCN5 is an important Myc transcriptional cofactor in vivo. ..
- Ellmeier W, Weith A. Expression of the helix-loop-helix gene Id3 during murine embryonic development. Dev Dyn. 1995;203:163-73 pubmed..This may reflect a partial redundancy in gene function. Furthermore, previous experiments suggested a mutually exclusive expression of the proto-oncogene N-myc an Id3. The results of the present study confirm these data. ..
- Habib T, Park H, Tsang M, de Alboran I, Nicks A, Wilson L, et al. Myc stimulates B lymphocyte differentiation and amplifies calcium signaling. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:717-31 pubmed
- Jakobovits A, Schwab M, Bishop J, Martin G. Expression of N-myc in teratocarcinoma stem cells and mouse embryos. Nature. 1985;318:188-91 pubmed..Our data represent the first demonstration of expression of the N-myc gene in normal cells, and suggest that N-myc may be involved in mammalian embryogenesis. ..
- Setoguchi M, Higuchi Y, Yoshida S, Nasu N, Miyazaki Y, Akizuki S, et al. Insertional activation of N-myc by endogenous Moloney-like murine retrovirus sequences in macrophage cell lines derived from myeloma cell line-macrophage hybrids. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:4515-22 pubmed..These results suggest that such unique insertional mutagenesis occurs in a regionally specific manner and that expression of N-myc may play a role in hematopoietic lineage conversion. ..
- Luxan G, Casanova J, Martínez Poveda B, Prados B, D Amato G, MacGrogan D, et al. Mutations in the NOTCH pathway regulator MIB1 cause left ventricular noncompaction cardiomyopathy. Nat Med. 2013;19:193-201 pubmed publisher..These results implicate NOTCH signaling in LVNC and indicate that MIB1 mutations arrest chamber myocardium development, preventing trabecular maturation and compaction. ..
- Shen L, Chen F, Zhang Y, Cao L, Kuang Y, Zhong M, et al. MYCN transgenic zebrafish model with the characterization of acute myeloid leukemia and altered hematopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59070 pubmed publisherAmplification of MYCN (N-Myc) oncogene has been reported as a frequent event and a poor prognostic marker in human acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Xiao D, Yue M, Su H, Ren P, Jiang J, Li F, et al. Polo-like Kinase-1 Regulates Myc Stabilization and Activates a Feedforward Circuit Promoting Tumor Cell Survival. Mol Cell. 2016;64:493-506 pubmed publisherb>MYCN amplification in human cancers predicts poor prognosis and resistance to therapy. However, pharmacological strategies that directly target N-Myc, the protein encoded by MYCN, remain elusive...
- Mill P, Mo R, Hu M, Dagnino L, Rosenblum N, Hui C. Shh controls epithelial proliferation via independent pathways that converge on N-Myc. Dev Cell. 2005;9:293-303 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that Shh signaling controls the rapid and patterned expansion of epithelial progenitors through convergent Gli-mediated regulation. ..
- Goji J, Nakamura H, Ito H, Mabuchi O, Hashimoto K, Sano K. Expression of c-ErbB2 in human neuroblastoma tissues, adrenal medulla adjacent to tumor, and developing mouse neural crest cells. Am J Pathol. 1995;146:660-72 pubmed..It is not known whether the phenotypic conversion of adjacent adrenal medullary cells had occurred before or after tumor progression at present. ..
- Sun Y, Maeno H, Aoki S, Wada K. Mouse neurotensin receptor 2 gene (Ntsr2): genomic organization, transcriptional regulation and genetic mapping on chromosome 12. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2001;95:167-71 pubmed..In addition, we determined the chromosomal location of the Ntsr2 gene and mapped it at 6 cM from the centromere on chromosome 12. ..
- Song L, Yan W, Chen X, Deng C, Wang Q, Jiao K. Myocardial smad4 is essential for cardiogenesis in mouse embryos. Circ Res. 2007;101:277-85 pubmed..Our further molecular characterization showed that expression of Nmyc and its downstream targets, including cyclin D1, cyclin D2, and Id2, were downregulated in mutant embryos...
- Xu J, Wong E, Cheng C, Li J, Sharkar M, Xu C, et al. Eya1 interacts with Six2 and Myc to regulate expansion of the nephron progenitor pool during nephrogenesis. Dev Cell. 2014;31:434-47 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a functional link between Eya1, Six2, and Myc in driving the expansion and maintenance of the multipotent progenitors during nephrogenesis. ..
- Heine V, Priller M, Ling J, Rowitch D, Schüller U. Dexamethasone destabilizes Nmyc to inhibit the growth of hedgehog-associated medulloblastoma. Cancer Res. 2010;70:5220-5 pubmed publisher..We found that Nmyc was specifically required in granule cells for Shh-induced tumorigenesis and that Dex acted to reduce Nmyc protein ..
- Katoh K, Sawai S, Ueno K, Kondoh H. Complete nucleotide sequence and exon-intron boundaries of the 5' non-coding region of the mouse N-myc gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:3589 pubmed
- Alvarez Rodriguez R, Barzi M, Berenguer J, Pons S. Bone morphogenetic protein 2 opposes Shh-mediated proliferation in cerebellar granule cells through a TIEG-1-based regulation of Nmyc. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37170-80 pubmedb>Nmyc is a potent regulator of cell cycle in cerebellar granular neuron precursors (CGNPs) and has been proposed to be the main effector of Shh (Sonic hedgehog) proliferative activity...
- Kobayashi M, Hjerling Leffler J, Ernfors P. Increased progenitor proliferation and apoptotic cell death in the sensory lineage of mice overexpressing N-myc. Cell Tissue Res. 2006;323:81-90 pubmed
- Recio J, Zambrano N, de la Pena L, Powers C, Siwarski D, Huppi K, et al. cDNA isolation, expression, and chromosomal localization of the mouse pcph proto-oncogene. Mol Carcinog. 1999;26:130-6 pubmed..The mouse Pcph proto-oncogene was mapped by linkage analysis to within 3.3+/-2.3 cM of Pkch-rs1 on chromosome 12. These data should prove valuable in designing studies to define the cellular function of the Pcph proto-oncogene. ..
- Spinsanti P, De Vita T, Di Castro S, Storto M, Formisano P, Nicoletti F, et al. Endogenously activated mGlu5 metabotropic glutamate receptors sustain the increase in c-Myc expression induced by leukaemia inhibitory factor in cultured mouse embryonic stem cells. J Neurochem. 2006;99:299-307 pubmed
- Young S, McCabe K, Bartakova A, Delaney J, Pizzo D, Newbury R, et al. Integrin Î±4 Enhances Metastasis and May Be Associated with Poor Prognosis in MYCN-low Neuroblastoma. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120815 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an unexpected role for integrin Î±4 in neuroblastoma dissemination and identify Î±4 as a potential prognostic indicator and therapeutic target. ..
- Shu W, Lu M, Zhang Y, Tucker P, Zhou D, Morrisey E. Foxp2 and Foxp1 cooperatively regulate lung and esophagus development. Development. 2007;134:1991-2000 pubmed