Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Myb
Description: myeloblastosis oncogene
Alias: AI550390, M16449, c-myb, gag-myb protein, myb proto-oncogene protein, myeloblastosis proto-oncogene product, proto-oncogene c-Myb, transcriptional activator Myb, tumor-specific myb protein
- MiR-150 controls B cell differentiation by targeting the transcription factor c-MybChangchun Xiao
The CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 131:146-59. 2007..A top predicted target of miR-150 is c-Myb, a transcription factor controlling multiple steps of lymphocyte development...
- A functional c-myb gene is required for normal murine fetal hepatic hematopoiesisM L Mucenski
Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati, Ohio
Cell 65:677-89. 1991The c-myb proto-oncogene encodes a sequence-specific DNA-binding protein. To better understand its normal biological function, we have altered the c-myb gene by homologous recombination in mouse embryonic stem cells...
- Absence of blood formation in mice lacking the T-cell leukaemia oncoprotein tal-1/SCLR A Shivdasani
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Nature 373:432-4. 1995..Profound reduction in myeloid cells cultured in vivo from tal-1 null yolk sacs suggests a broader defect manifest at the myelo-erythroid or multipotential progenitor cell level...
- Wnt-1 signal induces phosphorylation and degradation of c-Myb protein via TAK1, HIPK2, and NLKChie Kanei-Ishii
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
Genes Dev 18:816-29. 2004The c-myb proto-oncogene product (c-Myb) regulates both the proliferation and apoptosis of hematopoietic cells by inducing the transcription of a group of target genes...
- MYB is essential for mammary tumorigenesisRebecca Yu Miao
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and Department of Pathology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Cancer Res 71:7029-37. 2011b>MYB oncogene upregulation is associated with estrogen receptor (ER)-positive breast cancer, but disease requirements for MYB function in vivo have not been explored...
- A transcription-factor-binding surface of coactivator p300 is required for haematopoiesisLawryn H Kasper
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Nature 419:738-43. 2002..point mutations in the KIX domain of p300 designed to disrupt the binding surface for the transcription factors c-Myb and CREB, multilineage defects occur in haematopoiesis, including anaemia, B-cell deficiency, thymic hypoplasia, ..
- Critical functions for c-Myb at three checkpoints during thymocyte developmentTimothy P Bender
The Department of Microbiology, PO Box 800734, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0734, USA
Nat Immunol 5:721-9. 2004The transcription factor c-Myb is expressed throughout T cell development in the thymus. However, little is understood about c-Myb function because of the embryonic lethality of traditional Myb-null mutations...
- c-Myb is essential for early T cell developmentR D Allen
Department of Microbiology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Genes Dev 13:1073-8. 1999The c-Myb transcription factor is important for fetal hematopoiesis and has been proposed to mediate later stages of lymphocyte development...
- Conditional c-myb knockout in adult hematopoietic stem cells leads to loss of self-renewal due to impaired proliferation and accelerated differentiationYen K Lieu
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:21689-94. 2009..By using conditional knockout technology, we disrupted the c-myb proto-oncogene specifically in adult bone marrow (BM) to demonstrate that this transcription factor is a regulator ..
- Point mutation in the gene encoding p300 suppresses thrombocytopenia in Mpl-/- miceMaria Kauppi
Cancer and Haematology, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Australia
Blood 112:3148-53. 2008..a tyrosine to asparagine substitution at amino acid 630 (Y630N), disrupts the interaction between p300 and c-Myb. Mpl(-/-) p300(Plt6/+) mice displayed elevated platelet counts relative to Mpl(-/-) p300(+/+) controls, whereas ..
- Requirement of c-Myb for p210(BCR/ABL)-dependent transformation of hematopoietic progenitors and leukemogenesisMaria Rosa Lidonnici
Department of Cancer Biology, and Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Blood 111:4771-9. 2008The c-Myb gene encodes a transcription factor required for proliferation and survival of normal myeloid progenitors and leukemic blast cells...
- Proper levels of c-Myb are discretely defined at distinct steps of hematopoietic cell developmentHiroshi Sakamoto
Department of Cell Differentiation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Blood 108:896-903. 2006..c-Myb is a transcription factor that is essential for the development of definitive hematopoiesis...
- Differential sensitivity of v-Myb and c-Myb to Wnt-1-induced protein degradationChie Kanei-Ishii
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, 3 1 1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:44582-9. 2004Recently we have shown that the c-myb proto-oncogene product (c-Myb) is degraded in response to Wnt-1 signaling via the pathway involving TAK1 (transforming growth factor-beta-activated kinase), HIPK2 (homeodomain-interacting protein ..
- c-Myb and p300 regulate hematopoietic stem cell proliferation and differentiationMark L Sandberg
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Dev Cell 8:153-66. 2005..a mouse line that harbors a point mutation in the transactivation (TA) domain of the transcription factor c-Myb (M303V), which reduces c-Myb-dependent TA by disrupting its interaction with the transcriptional coactivator p300...
- The B-lymphocyte maturation promoting transcription factor BLIMP1/PRDI-BF1 maps to D6S447 on human chromosome 6q21-q22.1 and the syntenic region of mouse chromosome 10B A Mock
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Genomics 37:24-8. 1996..1; we have also mapped Blimp1 to mouse Chromosome 10 at 14 cM distal to the Myb locus and to a region homologous to the location of BLIMP1...
- c-Myb is critical for B cell development and maintenance of follicular B cellsMatthew D Thomas
Department of Microbiology, P O Box 800734, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Immunity 23:275-86. 2005The c-Myb transcription factor is crucial during definitive hematopoiesis. However, the embryonic lethality of Myb traditional null mutations has precluded analysis of c-Myb function in lymphocytes...
- hph-1: a mouse mutant with hereditary hyperphenylalaninemia induced by ethylnitrosourea mutagenesisV C Bode
Division of Biology, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506
Genetics 118:299-305. 1988..The initial symptomatology of the mutant phenotype suggests this mutant may represent a useful animal model for the study of hyperphenylalaninemia in man...
- c-Myb regulates matrix metalloproteinases 1/9, and cathepsin D: implications for matrix-dependent breast cancer cell invasion and metastasisLucia Knopfova
Department of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, and International Clinical Research Center, CBCE, St Anne s University Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Mol Cancer 11:15. 2012The c-Myb transcription factor is essential for the maintenance of stem-progenitor cells in bone marrow, colon epithelia, and neurogenic niches. c-Myb malfunction contributes to several types of malignancies including breast cancer...
- c-Myb is an essential downstream target for homeobox-mediated transformation of hematopoietic cellsJay L Hess
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Blood 108:297-304. 2006..Arrays identified c-Myb and a c-Myb target (Gstm1) among the genes with the strongest response to Hoxa9/Meis1...
- Retroviral insertional mutagenesis in murine promonocytic leukemias: c-myb and Mml1L Wolff
Laboratory of Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 211:191-9. 1996Studies have focused on two genetic loci, c-myb and Mml1, whose activation by retroviral insertional mutagenesis contribute to promonocytic leukemia in our acute monocytic leukemia (AMoL) model...
- A dominant interfering Myb mutant causes apoptosis in T cellsD Taylor
CRC Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Genes Dev 10:2732-44. 1996The c-Myb transcription factor is required for the production of most hemopoietic lineages, but information is sparse about its mode of action and the key genes it regulates...
- Myb binding sites within the N-ras promoter repress transcriptionB Ganter
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, School of Medicine, California 94305 5324, USA
Oncogene 15:193-202. 1997In vitro and in vivo methods were combined to determine the function of the three Myb binding sites (NrasI, NrasII and NrasIII) within the promoter region of the mouse N-ras gene...
- Characterization of definitive lymphohematopoietic stem cells in the day 9 murine yolk sacM C Yoder
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Immunity 7:335-44. 1997..Surprisingly, 37-fold more CD34+c-Kit+ cells reside in the day 9 yolk sac than in the P-Sp. In sum, definitive HSC are coexistent, but not equal in number, in the murine yolk sac and P-Sp prior to fetal liver colonization...
- Inactivation of a c-Myb/estrogen receptor fusion protein in transformed primary cells leads to granulocyte/macrophage differentiation and down regulation of c-kit but not c-myc or cdc2A Hogg
Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia
Oncogene 15:2885-98. 1997..protein consisting of the ligand-binding domain of the estrogen receptor and a carboxyl-terminally truncated c-Myb protein (ERMYB)...
- Suppressor screen in Mpl-/- mice: c-Myb mutation causes supraphysiological production of platelets in the absence of thrombopoietin signalingMarina R Carpinelli
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:6553-8. 2004..Here we show that mutations in the c-Myb gene cause a myeloproliferative syndrome and supraphysiological expansion of megakaryocyte and platelet production ..
- A recessive screen for genes regulating hematopoietic stem cellsPeter Papathanasiou
Australian Phenomics Facility, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Acton, ACT, Australia
Blood 116:5849-58. 2010..We demonstrate rapid identification of a novel mutation in the c-Myb transcription factor that results in thrombocythemia and myelofibrosis as proof of principal of the utility of our ..
- Lymphoid enhancer-binding factor-1 binds and activates the recombination-activating gene-2 promoter together with c-Myb and Pax-5 in immature B cellsZhe Xiong Jin
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Toyama, Japan
J Immunol 169:3783-92. 2002..RAG-2 promoter activity in B cell lines, contained binding sites for lymphoid enhancer-binding factor-1 (LEF-1), c-Myb, and Pax-5. We showed that these three transcription factors bound the promoter region in vitro and in vivo...
- The transcription factor c-Myb primes CD4+CD8+ immature thymocytes for selection into the iNKT lineageTaishan Hu
Immunobiology and Cancer Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Nat Immunol 11:435-41. 2010..Here we show that the transcription factor c-Myb has a central role in priming DP thymocytes to enter the iNKT lineage by simultaneously regulating CD1d expression, ..
- Oncogenic activation of c-Myb correlates with a loss of negative regulation by TIF1beta and SkiTeruaki Nomura
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, 3 1 1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:16715-26. 2004The c-myb proto-oncogene product (c-Myb) regulates proliferation of hematopoietic cells by inducing the transcription of a group of target genes...
- c-Myb is an evolutionary conserved miR-150 target and miR-150/c-Myb interaction is important for embryonic developmentYou Chin Lin
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Biol Evol 25:2189-98. 2008Human c-Myb proto-oncogene is highly expressed in hematopoietic progenitors as well as leukemia and certain solid tumor. However, the regulatory mechanisms of its expression and biological functions remain largely unclear...
- c-Maf interacts with c-Myb to down-regulate Bcl-2 expression and increase apoptosis in peripheral CD4 cellsSiying Peng
Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Cell Biology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794, USA
Eur J Immunol 37:2868-80. 2007..Immunoprecipitation and Western blot analyses demonstrate that c-Maf-c-Myb complex formation is enhanced among T cells from c-Maf Tg mice compared to non-Tg littermates following TCR ..
- c-Myb regulates lineage choice in developing thymocytes via its target gene Gata3Diane Maurice
Institute of Cancer Research, Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, London, UK
EMBO J 26:3629-40. 2007..This process is controlled by signalling from the T-cell receptor (TCR). Here, we show that the c-Myb transcription factor is a critical downstream regulator of positive selection, promoting the development of helper ..
- Characterization of GATA-1(+) hemangioblastic cells in the mouse embryoTomomasa Yokomizo
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences and Center for TARA, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
EMBO J 26:184-96. 2007..These results provide evidence of the presence of GATA-1(+) hemangioblastic cells in the extra-embryonic region and also their functional contribution to hematopoiesis in the embryo...
- Regulation of T cell receptor delta gene rearrangement by c-MybC Hernandez-Munain
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Exp Med 183:289-93. 1996..Transcriptional activation by E delta is dependent on c-Myb. To determine whether c-Myb plays a role in the activation of TCR-delta gene rearrangement, we compared VDJ ..
- Scc-1, a novel colon cancer susceptibility gene in the mouse: linkage to CD44 (Ly-24, Pgp-1) on chromosome 2C J Moen
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Oncogene 7:563-6. 1992..The mapping of the Scc-1 gene indicates that the RCS system can be used to map and study the presently unknown genes which control cancer development...
- The Myb and Ahi-1 genes are physically very closely linked on mouse chromosome 10X Jiang
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mamm Genome 5:142-8. 1994..site on mouse Chromosome (Chr) 10 in 16% of Abelson pre-B-cell lymphomas and shown to be closely linked to the Myb protooncogene...
- Activation of c-myb by carboxy-terminal truncation: relationship to transformation of murine haemopoietic cells in vitroT J Gonda
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Melbourne Tumour Biology Branch, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
EMBO J 8:1777-83. 1989Murine retroviruses which encode c-myb proteins that have either complete or truncated carboxy (C) termini were used to infect haemopoietic cells from murine fetal liver...
- The role of c-Myb or a related factor in regulating the T cell receptor gamma gene enhancerY H Hsiang
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Immunol 154:5195-204. 1995..Here we have determined that Myb-related transcription factors bind to the gamma 3 site and appear to be critical for the full activity of the TCR-..
- AML1(-/-) embryos do not express certain hematopoiesis-related gene transcripts including those of the PU.1 geneH Okada
Department of Cell Biology, Cancer Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 17:2287-93. 1998..In addition, transcripts for the Vav, flk-2/flt-3, M-CSF receptor, G-CSF receptor and c-Myb genes were not detected in certain tissues of the (-/-) embryos...
- Regulation of the murine Ddelta2 promoter by upstream stimulatory factor 1, Runx1, and c-MybJuan Carabana
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Immunol 174:4144-52. 2005..EMSAs reveal that upstream stimulatory factor 1, Runx1, c-Myb, lymphoid enhancer binding factor 1, NF1, and E47 all interact with this promoter in vitro...
- Cloning of cDNA and genomic DNA encoding human type XVIII collagen and localization of the alpha 1(XVIII) collagen gene to mouse chromosome 10 and human chromosome 21S P Oh
Department of Cellular Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Genomics 19:494-9. 1994..3 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. In addition, using an interspecific backcross panel, we have shown that the murine Col18a1 locus is on chromosome 10, close to the loci for Col6a1 and Col6a2...
- Enhanced proliferative potential of hematopoietic cells expressing degradation-resistant c-Myb mutantsFrancesca Corradini
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 280:30254-62. 2005The c-myb gene encodes a transcription factor required for proliferation, differentiation, and survival of hematopoietic cells...
- Deficiency of merosin in dystrophic dy mice and genetic linkage of laminin M chain gene to dy locusY Sunada
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242
J Biol Chem 269:13729-32. 1994....
- Truncation of the c-myb gene by a retroviral integration in an interleukin 3-dependent myeloid leukemia cell lineY Weinstein
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 83:5010-4. 1986Among a series of myeloid leukemia cell lines, one (NFS-60) was found to have a rearrangement of the c-myb locus...
- c-Myb and GATA-1 alternate dominant roles during megakaryocyte differentiationP Garcia
Institute of Biomedical Research, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Thromb Haemost 9:1572-81. 2011Transcription factors are essential for blood cell formation. Mice expressing low levels of c-Myb (c-Myb(low)) have an increased number of bone marrow megakaryocytes (MKs) and corresponding thrombocytosis...
- Myb controls intestinal stem cell genes and self-renewalDane Cheasley
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Stem Cells 29:2042-50. 2011..Here, we show that transcription factor Myb governs ISC gene expression, particularly Lgr5...
- Regulated expression and role of c-Myb in the cardiovascular-directed differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cellsMasayoshi Ishida
Heart and Stroke Richard Lewar Centre of Excellence, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5G 1L7
Circ Res 110:253-64. 2012c-myb null (knockout) embryonic stem cells (ESC) can differentiate into cardiomyocytes but not contractile smooth muscle cells (SMC) in embryoid bodies (EB).
- Myb and the regulation of stem cells in the intestine and brain: a tale of two nichesJordane Malaterre
Cancer Cell Biology Program, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Adv Exp Med Biol 786:353-68. 2013..From a perspective of understanding the function of the transcription factor Myb, we have explored the biology of stem cell niches in both these radically different tissues...
- A restriction fragment length polymorphism at the murine c-myb locusB Mock
Nucleic Acids Res 15:4700. 1987
- Collagen loss and impaired wound healing is associated with c-Myb deficiencyZ Kopecki
Child Health Research Institute, North Adelaide, South Australia and School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, Australia
J Pathol 211:351-61. 2007..It is also an established target gene of the transcription factor, c-Myb. When c-myb-/- embryos were examined it was observed that their skin was markedly thinner than normal...
- Over-expression of c-Myb increases the frequency of hemogenic precursors in the endothelial cell populationGuoyou Dai
Department of Molecular Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Genes Cells 11:859-70. 2006..The c-myb proto-oncogene is essential for the development of definitive hematopoiesis and was reported to be activated in ..
- Molecular mechanisms associated with the regulation of apoptosis by the two alternatively spliced products of c-MybAtul Kumar
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, 3307 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:6631-45. 2003The c-myb proto-oncogene encodes two alternatively spliced mRNAs, which in turn code for proteins of 75 kDa and 89 kDa...
- Modulations of functional activity in differentiated macrophages are accompanied by early and transient increase or decrease in c-fos gene transcriptionM A Collart
J Immunol 139:949-55. 1987..Taken together, these results suggest a possible role for the c-fos gene product, a nuclear protein, in the modulation of the functional activity of differentiated macrophages...
- Sequential expression of proto-oncogenes during a mouse erythroleukemia cell differentiationK Todokoro
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 135:1112-8. 1986..erythrocytes was accompanied by sequential transient expression of the proto-oncogenes in the order of c-fos, c-myb, c-myc and c-k-ras, during the first 48 hr of differentiation induction...
- c-Myb-dependent smooth muscle cell differentiationKarolina M Kolodziejska
Heart and Stroke Richard Lewar Center of Excellence in Cardiovascular Research, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
Circ Res 102:554-61. 2008Both in vitro and in vivo studies have implicated the c-Myb transcription factor in vascular smooth muscle cell (SMC) proliferation and hematopoiesis...
- Structure and biological activity of the transcriptional initiation sequences of the murine c-myb oncogeneP W Sobieszczuk
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Melbourne Branch of Tumor Biology, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 17:9593-611. 1989To study the control mechanism(s) that govern the transcription of c-myb, genomic clones corresponding to the 5' region of the murine c-myb gene have been isolated and characterized structurally and functionally...
- DNA binding-independent transcriptional activation of the vascular endothelial growth factor gene (VEGF) by the Myb oncoproteinJodi K Lutwyche
Division of Human Immunology and Hanson Institute, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Frome Road, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 344:1300-7. 2006b>Myb is a key transcription factor that can regulate proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis, predominantly in the haemopoietic system...
- A molecular genetic linkage map of mouse chromosome 10, including the Myb, S100b, Pah, Sl, and Ifg genesA Shimizu
Department of Biochemistry, Institute for Developmental Research, Aichi Prefecture Colony, Japan
Biochem Genet 30:529-35. 1992..endonuclease fragment length variations (RFLV) on mouse chromosome 10 were detected in four genes, namely, the Myb protooncogene (Myb) and the genes for S100 beta protein (S100b), phenylalanine hydroxylase (Pah), and interferon-..
- c-myb effects on kinetic events during MEL cell differentiationR Danish
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109 0668
Oncogene 7:901-7. 1992..DMSO)-induced differentiation of Friend mouse erythroleukemia (MEL) cells there is a biphasic fall in c-myb mRNA levels. We have previously shown that constitutive expression of c-myb blocks differentiation...
- Regulation of GATA-3 expression during CD4 lineage differentiationIdoia Gimferrer
Immunobiology and Cancer Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Immunol 186:3892-8. 2011..This upregulation requires the presence of the transcription factor c-Myb. Furthermore, we show that TH-POK can also upregulate GATA-3 in double-positive thymocytes, suggesting the ..
- Regulation of hematopoietic stem cells by their mature progenyCarolyn A de Graaf
Molecular Medicine Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:21689-94. 2010..Here, we demonstrate that the megakaryocytosis and increased platelet mass in mice with mutations in the Myb or p300 genes causes reduced circulating TPO concentration and TPO starvation of the stem-cell compartment, which ..
- Sema4C-Plexin B2 signalling modulates ureteric branching in developing kidneyNina Perälä
Institute of Biomedicine Medical Biochemistry and Developmental Biology, Biomedicum Helsinki, PO Box 63, FI 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Differentiation 81:81-91. 2011....
- Chromosomal assignments of 17 structural genes and 11 related DNA fragments in rats (Rattus norvegicus) by Southern blot analysis of rat x mouse somatic cell hybrid clonesM Yasue
Institute of Laboratory Animals, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Genomics 12:659-64. 1992..ATP1A2, ATP1A3, B2M, GSTP, and SMST; 5 mouse genes, Ncam, Ngfg, Pim-1, Tcp-1, and Trp53; and 5 human genes, MBP, MYB, NEFM, SCN2A, and TCRGC1, 17 structural genes including 15 newly assigned genes and 11 related DNA fragments were ..
- Cloning of the human and mouse type X collagen genes and mapping of the mouse type X collagen gene to chromosome 10S S Apte
Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
Eur J Biochem 206:217-24. 1992....
- Solution structure of a DNA-binding unit of Myb: a helix-turn-helix-related motif with conserved tryptophans forming a hydrophobic coreK Ogata
Graduate School of Integrated Science, Yokohama City University, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:6428-32. 1992The DNA-binding domain of the c-myb protooncogene product consists of three imperfect tandem repeats of 51 or 52 amino acids, each of which contains three conserved tryptophans, spaced 18 or 19 amino acids apart...
- Reduced c-Myb activity compromises HSCs and leads to a myeloproliferation with a novel stem cell basisPaloma García
College of Medical and Dental Sciences, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK or
EMBO J 28:1492-504. 2009..Here, we show that mice expressing low levels of the transcription factor c-Myb, as the result of genetic knockdown, develop a transplantable myeloproliferative phenotype that closely resembles ..
- Mutational inhibition of c-Myb or p300 ameliorates treatment-induced thrombocytopeniaDouglas J Hilton
Molecular Medicine Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Australia
Blood 113:5599-604. 2009The transcription factor c-Myb and coregulator p300 have a key role in maintaining production of controlled numbers of megakaryocytes and platelets...
- Molecular genetic markers spanning mouse chromosome 10C A Kozak
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Genomics 8:519-24. 1990..markers in this map, four of which had not previously been positioned, include genes involved in oncogenesis (Gli, Myb, Tra-1), proviral integration (Emv-25), and immune responses (Ifg, Ifgr, Pfp)...
- Structural basis for cooperative transcription factor binding to the CBP coactivatorRoberto N De Guzman
Department of Molecular Biology MB2, The Scripps Research Institute 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Mol Biol 355:1005-13. 2006..the solution structure of the ternary complex formed by cooperative binding of activation domains from the c-Myb and mixed lineage leukemia (MLL) transcription factors to the KIX domain...
- Multiple c-myb transcript cap sites are variously utilized in cells of mouse haemopoietic originR J Watson
EMBO J 6:1643-51. 1987Mouse c-myb gene transcripts in various cells of haemopoietic origin were analysed using S1 nuclease and RNase mapping techniques and by Northern blotting. It was found that the prevalent 3...
- Lymphoid expression and regulation of A20, an inhibitor of programmed cell deathM Tewari
Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109
J Immunol 154:1699-706. 1995..5 centimorgans proximal to the c-myb locus...
- CD34 expression by embryonic hematopoietic and endothelial cells does not require c-MybD S Krause
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center and Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Exp Hematol 26:1086-92. 1998..In this study we explored a possible role for c-Myb in CD34 regulation during developmental hematopoiesis...
- Mapping of the genes encoding mouse thromboxane A2 receptor and prostaglandin E receptor subtypes EP2 and EP3M Taketo
Banyu Tsukuba Research Institute Merck, Tsukuba, Japan
Genomics 19:585-8. 1994..None of the three loci cosegregated with each other. Tbxa2r mapped to Chr 10, Ptgerep2 mapped to the distal end of Chr 3. Possible human loci for these receptors are predicted based on the homology between mouse and human chromosomes...
- Defective development of the embryonic liver in N-myc-deficient miceS Giroux
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, Quebec, Canada
Dev Biol 195:16-28. 1998....
- Novel RFLPs at protooncogene and cancer-related gene loci on mouse chromosomesJ Santos
Department of Pathology and Kaplan Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10016
Cytogenet Cell Genet 62:217-9. 1993DNA probes for the NRAS, HRAS, KRAS2, LCK, RAF1, MET, MYCL1, MYCN, MYB, ERBB2, FOS, CSF1R, and SRC protooncogene loci; the retinoblastoma gene locus (RB1); the tumor virus integration sites INT2, PVT1, and MLV12; and the locus of the ..
- Skn 2 is linked to Myb on chromosome 10 of the mouseD Rees
Department of Microbiology, University of New Mexico, School of Medicine, Albuquerque 87131
Immunogenetics 39:363-6. 1994
- The laminin alpha chains: expression, developmental transitions, and chromosomal locations of alpha1-5, identification of heterotrimeric laminins 8-11, and cloning of a novel alpha3 isoformJ H Miner
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Cell Biol 137:685-701. 1997..Together, these results reveal remarkable diversity in BL composition and complexity in BL development...
- Arrest of spermatogenesis and defective breast development in mice lacking A-mybA Toscani
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Nature 386:713-7. 1997The Myb gene family currently consists of three members, named A-, B- and c-myb. These genes encode nuclear proteins that bind DNA in a sequence-specific manner and function as regulators of transcription...
- Temporal patterns of A-myb and B-myb gene expression during testis developmentK E Latham
The Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Oncogene 13:1161-8. 1996We recently reported the cloning and sequencing of the mouse A-myb proto-oncogene cDNA and the abundant expression of this mRNA primarily in the testis of adult mice...
- Detection of proteins that bind to the leucine zipper motif of c-MybD Favier
Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Adelaide, South Australia
Oncogene 9:305-11. 1994The product of the c-myb proto-oncogene, c-Myb, binds DNA and can enhance transcription of genes bearing copies of the DNA sequence it recognises...
- Secondary structure of the DNA-binding domain of the c-Myb oncoprotein in solution. A multidimensional double and triple heteronuclear NMR studyN Jamin
DBCM, Service de Biochimie et Génétique Moléculaire, Gif sur Yvette, France
Eur J Biochem 216:147-54. 1993The DNA-binding domain of the c-Myb oncoprotein contains two repeats, R2 and R3, both of which have been proposed to be related to the helix-turn-helix (HTH) motif...
- The myb gene family in cell growth, differentiation and apoptosisI H Oh
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Oncogene 18:3017-33. 1999The myb gene family consists of three members, named A, B and c-myb which encode nuclear proteins that function as transcriptional transactivators...
- Negative autoregulation of c-Myb activity by homodimer formation through the leucine zipperT Nomura
Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
J Biol Chem 268:21914-23. 1993The trans-activating and transforming capacities of the c-myb proto-oncogene product (c-Myb) are negatively regulated through a leucine zipper structure in its negative regulatory domain...
- Dysplastic definitive hematopoiesis in AML1/EVI1 knock-in embryosKazuhiro Maki
Department of Hematology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu machi, Shimotsuga gun, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Blood 106:2147-55. 2005..Maintained expression of PU.1 gene and decreased expression of LMO2 and SCL genes may explain the aberrant hematopoiesis in AML1/EVI1/+ fetal liver...
- Transcription regulation by murine B-myb is distinct from that by c-mybR J Watson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, St Mary s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 21:267-72. 1993The transcription regulatory properties of murine B-myb protein were compared to those of c-myb...
- Activation of the c-myb locus by viral insertional mutagenesis in plasmacytoid lymphosarcomasG L Shen-Ong
Science 226:1077-80. 1984Rearrangement in the c-myb locus of each of four independently derived BALB/c plasmacytoid lymphosarcoma (ABPL's) is due to the insertion of a defective Moloney murine leukemia virus (M-MuLV) into a 1...
- Chromosome assignments of four mouse cellular homologs of sarcoma and leukemia virus oncogenesA Y Sakaguchi
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 81:525-9. 1984Molecular probes for the oncogenes of Rous sarcoma virus (v-src), avian myeloblastosis virus (v-myb), Kirsten murine sarcoma virus (v-Ki-ras), and Harvey murine sarcoma virus (v-Ha-ras) were hybridized to the DNA from mouse-Chinese ..
- DNA rearrangement and altered RNA expression of the c-myb oncogene in mouse plasmacytoid lymphosarcomasJ F Mushinski
Science 220:795-8. 1983..These tumors expressed abundant c-myb RNA of unusually large size and showed DNA rearrangements of the c-myb locus.
- Activation of c-myb is an early bone-marrow event in a murine model for acute promonocytic leukemiaK Nason-Burchenal
Laboratory of Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:1619-23. 1993Insertional mutagenesis of c-myb by Moloney murine leukemia virus occurs in 100% of promonocytic leukemias (MMLS) induced by the virus...
- epicardin: A novel basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor gene expressed in epicardium, branchial arch myoblasts, and mesenchyme of developing lung, gut, kidney, and gonadsL Robb
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, PO Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Dev Dyn 213:105-13. 1998....
- Comparison of the free and DNA-complexed forms of the DNA-binding domain from c-MybK Ogata
Graduate School of Integrated Science, Yokohama City University, Japan
Nat Struct Biol 2:309-20. 1995The DNA-binding domain of c-Myb consists of three imperfect tandem repeats (R1, R2 and R3). The three repeats have similar overall architectures, each containing a helix-turn-helix variation motif...
- Murine myb protooncogene mRNA: cDNA sequence and evidence for 5' heterogeneityT P Bender
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 83:3204-8. 1986..clones from a murine pro-B cell library to generate a composite sequence that includes 3413 bases of the murine c-myb mRNA...
- Identification of a c-myb attenuator-binding factorJeffrey M Perkel
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Room 456, BRB 11 111, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Leuk Res 26:179-90. 2002Expression of the c-myb proto-oncogene is developmentally regulated at the level of transcription elongation...
- Expression of B-Myb during mouse embryogenesisJ Sitzmann
Hans Spemann Laboratory, Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Freiburg, Germany
Oncogene 12:1889-94. 1996B-myb is a member of the myb family of nuclear sequence-specific DNA-binding proteins which has been highly conserved among vertebrates...
- A mouse linkage testing stock possessing multiple copies of the endogenous ecotropic murine leukemia virus genomeB A Taylor
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Genomics 5:221-32. 1989..Ways of further improving the MEV stock are discussed. The location of the Myb proto-oncogene is defined relative to Sl and one of the C58/J proviruses on chromosome 10.
- A role for hematopoietic stem cells in promoting angiogenesisN Takakura
Department of Cell Differentiation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Cell 102:199-209. 2000..HSCs, which express Ang1, directly promoted migration of ECs in vivo and in vitro. These results indicate that HSCs are critical for angiogenesis...
- Zac1 (Lot1), a potential tumor suppressor gene, and the gene for epsilon-sarcoglycan are maternally imprinted genes: identification by a subtractive screen of novel uniparental fibroblast linesG Piras
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:3308-15. 2000..In addition, loss of expression of ZAC has been described for a number of breast and ovarian carcinomas, suggesting that ZAC is a potential tumor suppressor gene...