Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Munc13 3
Description: unc-13 homolog C (C. elegans)
Alias: 1500037O19Rik, AU019458, D9Ertd414e, Munc13-3, Unc13h3, protein unc-13 homolog C, unc13 homolog 3
Products: Munc13 3
- Chen Z, Cooper B, Kalla S, Varoqueaux F, Young S. The Munc13 proteins differentially regulate readily releasable pool dynamics and calcium-dependent recovery at a central synapse. J Neurosci. 2013;33:8336-51 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we conclude that Munc13-2 and Munc13-3 isoforms limit the ability of Munc13-1 to regulate calcium-dependent replenishment of readily releasable pool and slow pool to fast pool conversion in central synapses. ..
- Ishiyama S, Schmidt H, Cooper B, Brose N, Eilers J. Munc13-3 superprimes synaptic vesicles at granule cell-to-basket cell synapses in the mouse cerebellum. J Neurosci. 2014;34:14687-96 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Munc13-3 is responsible for an additional step of molecular and/or positional "superpriming" that substantially increases the efficacy of Ca(2+)-triggered release. ..
- Nicod J, Davies R, Cai N, Hassett C, Goodstadt L, Cosgrove C, et al. Genome-wide association of multiple complex traits in outbred mice by ultra-low-coverage sequencing. Nat Genet. 2016;48:912-8 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for diverse areas of mammalian biology and demonstrate how genome-wide association studies can be extended via low-coverage sequencing to species with highly recombinant outbred populations. ..
- Lalonde R, Strazielle C. Spontaneous and induced mouse mutations with cerebellar dysfunctions: behavior and neurochemistry. Brain Res. 2007;1140:51-74 pubmed..We describe neurochemical characteristics of these mutants with respect to regional brain metabolism as well as amino acid and biogenic amine concentrations, uptake sites, and receptors. ..
- Cooper B, Hemmerlein M, Ammermüller J, Imig C, Reim K, Lipstein N, et al. Munc13-independent vesicle priming at mouse photoreceptor ribbon synapses. J Neurosci. 2012;32:8040-52 pubmed publisher..Their function is only moderately affected by Munc13 loss, which leads to slight perturbations of signal integration in the retina. ..