Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Muc4
Description: mucin 4
Alias: 4933405I11Rik, Asgp, mucin-4, ascites sialoglycoprotein, mucin 4, ASGP, pancreatic adenocarcinoma mucin, testis mucin
- Kaur S, Sharma N, Krishn S, Lakshmanan I, Rachagani S, Baine M, et al. MUC4-mediated regulation of acute phase protein lipocalin 2 through HER2/AKT/NF-?B signaling in pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2014;20:688-700 pubmed publisherb>MUC4 shows aberrant expression in early pancreatic lesions and a high specificity for pancreatic cancer. It thus has a high potential to be a sensitive and specific biomarker...
- Bondow B, Faber M, Wojta K, Walker E, Battle M. E-cadherin is required for intestinal morphogenesis in the mouse. Dev Biol. 2012;371:1-12 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data demonstrate that E-cadherin is essential for intestinal epithelial morphogenesis and homeostasis during embryonic development. ..
- Wang I, Yu C, Hu F. Alteration of ocular surface mucins in MUC5AC-DTA transgenic mice. Mol Vis. 2009;15:108-19 pubmed..However, the membranous mucin, MUC4, compensates the decrease of MUC5AC in terms of the results of immunohistochemical staining, in situ hybridization, ..
- Gaudier E, Rival M, Buisine M, Robineau I, Hoebler C. Butyrate enemas upregulate Muc genes expression but decrease adherent mucus thickness in mice colon. Physiol Res. 2009;58:111-9 pubmed..demonstrated that butyrate stimulated the gene expression of both secreted (Muc2) and membrane-linked (Muc1, Muc3, Muc4) mucins. Butyrate especially induced a 6-fold increase in Muc2 gene expression in proximal colon...
- Comelli E, Simmering R, Faure M, Donnicola D, Mansourian R, Rochat F, et al. Multifaceted transcriptional regulation of the murine intestinal mucus layer by endogenous microbiota. Genomics. 2008;91:70-7 pubmed..These findings show that a well-established microbial community participates in the regulation of the gut mucus layer and that its composition and adequacy to the host are key factors in this process. ..
- Lee C, Homer R, Cohn L, Link H, Jung S, Craft J, et al. Transgenic overexpression of interleukin (IL)-10 in the lung causes mucus metaplasia, tissue inflammation, and airway remodeling via IL-13-dependent and -independent pathways. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35466-74 pubmed..These responses are mediated by multiple mechanisms with mucus metaplasia being dependent on and the inflammation and fibrosis being independent of an IL-13/IL-4R(alpha)/STAT-6 activation pathway. ..
- Miyahara N, Shoda J, Kawamoto T, Ishida H, Ueda T, Akimoto Y, et al. Interaction of Muc4 and ErbB2 in a transgenic mouse model of gallbladder carcinoma: potential pathobiological implications. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:1796-802 pubmed publisher..The expression level of Muc4, a potential functional ligand for erbB2, and its interaction with erbB2 in the gallbladder of BK5...
- Zhang J, Perez A, Yasin M, Soto P, Rong M, Theodoropoulos G, et al. Presence of MUC4 in human milk and at the luminal surfaces of blood vessels. J Cell Physiol. 2005;204:166-77 pubmedMUC4 is a heterodimeric membrane mucin, composed of a mucin subunit ASGP-1 (MUC4alpha) and a transmembrane subunit ASGP-2 (MUC4beta), which has been implicated in the protection of epithelial cell surfaces...