Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Msi2
Description: musashi RNA-binding protein 2
Alias: 1700105C15Rik, AI451722, AI563628, AW489193, Msi2h, RNA-binding protein Musashi homolog 2, Musashi2, musashi-2
- Sutherland J, Fraser B, Sobinoff A, Pye V, Davidson T, Siddall N, et al. Developmental expression of Musashi-1 and Musashi-2 RNA-binding proteins during spermatogenesis: analysis of the deleterious effects of dysregulated expression. Biol Reprod. 2014;90:92 pubmed publisher..One such group of RNA-binding proteins is the Musashi family, specifically Musashi-1 (MSI1) and Musashi-2 (MSI2), which act as key translational regulators in various stem cell populations and have been linked with the ..
- Sugiyama Nakagiri Y, Akiyama M, Shibata S, Okano H, Shimizu H. Expression of RNA-binding protein Musashi in hair follicle development and hair cycle progression. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:80-92 pubmed..These observations suggest that Musashi functions not only in the asymmetric division of early progenitor cells but also in the differentiation of IRS cells during HF development and hair cycle progression. ..
- Schebelle L, Wolf C, Stribl C, Javaheri T, Schnütgen F, Ettinger A, et al. Efficient conditional and promoter-specific in vivo expression of cDNAs of choice by taking advantage of recombinase-mediated cassette exchange using FlEx gene traps. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:e106 pubmed publisher..The use of the RMCE system presented in this work requires one single-cloning step followed by one overnight gateway clonase reaction and subsequent cassette exchange in ES cells with efficiencies of 40% in average. ..
- Ma X, Tian Y, Song Y, Shi J, Xu J, Xiong K, et al. Msi2 Maintains Quiescent State of Hair Follicle Stem Cells by Directly Repressing the Hh Signaling Pathway. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1015-1024 pubmed publisher..Here we utilized gain- and loss-of-function mouse models to demonstrate that forced MSI2 expression retards anagen entry and consequently delays hair growth, whereas loss of Msi2 enhances hair regrowth...
- Fox R, Lytle N, Jaquish D, Park F, Ito T, Bajaj J, et al. Image-based detection and targeting of therapy resistance in pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Nature. 2016;534:407-411 pubmed publisher..This population could be effectively targeted by deletion of either Msi1 or Msi2, which led to a striking defect in the progression of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia to adenocarcinoma and an ..
- Wang S, Li N, Yousefi M, Nakauka Ddamba A, Li F, Parada K, et al. Transformation of the intestinal epithelium by the MSI2 RNA-binding protein. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6517 pubmed publisherThe MSI2 RNA-binding protein is a potent oncogene playing key roles in haematopoietic stem cell homeostasis and malignant haematopoiesis...
- Katz Y, Li F, Lambert N, Sokol E, Tam W, Cheng A, et al. Musashi proteins are post-transcriptional regulators of the epithelial-luminal cell state. elife. 2014;3:e03915 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of Msis in epithelial cancer cells promoted loss of epithelial identity. Our results show that mammalian Msi proteins contribute to an epithelial gene expression program in neural and mammary cell types. ..
- Wuebben E, Mallanna S, Cox J, Rizzino A. Musashi2 is required for the self-renewal and pluripotency of embryonic stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34827 pubmed publisherRecent studies have shown that the RNA binding protein Musashi 2 (Msi2) plays important roles during development...
- Raji B, Dansault A, Leemput J, de la Houssaye G, Vieira V, Kobetz A, et al. The RNA-binding protein Musashi-1 is produced in the developing and adult mouse eye. Mol Vis. 2007;13:1412-27 pubmed
- Siddall N, McLaughlin E, Marriner N, Hime G. The RNA-binding protein Musashi is required intrinsically to maintain stem cell identity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:8402-7 pubmed..We describe the complementary expression patterns of the murine Msi paralogues Msi1 and Msi2 during spermatogenesis, which support the idea of distinct, evolutionarily conserved roles of Msi.
- Petersen P, Zou K, Krauss S, Zhong W. Continuing role for mouse Numb and Numbl in maintaining progenitor cells during cortical neurogenesis. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:803-11 pubmed
- Choudhury N, de Lima Alves F, de AndrÃ©s Aguayo L, Graf T, CÃ¡ceres J, Rappsilber J, et al. Tissue-specific control of brain-enriched miR-7 biogenesis. Genes Dev. 2013;27:24-38 pubmed publisher..cell culture (SILAC) mass spectrometry combined with RNase-assisted RNA pull-down, we identified Musashi homolog 2 (MSI2) and Hu antigen R (HuR) proteins as inhibitors of miR-7 processing in nonneural cells...
- Park S, GÃ¶nen M, Vu L, Minuesa G, Tivnan P, Barlowe T, et al. Musashi2 sustains the mixed-lineage leukemia-driven stem cell regulatory program. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:1286-98 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of the RNA-binding protein Musashi2 (MSI2) has been previously shown to predict poor survival in leukemia...
- Sutherland J, Sobinoff A, Fraser B, Redgrove K, Davidson T, Siddall N, et al. RNA binding protein Musashi-1 directly targets Msi2 and Erh during early testis germ cell development and interacts with IPO5 upon translocation to the nucleus. FASEB J. 2015;29:2759-68 pubmed publisher..testis-specific overexpression model, we have identified 2 unique RNA-binding targets of MSI1 in spermatogonia, Msi2 and Erh, and have demonstrated a role for MSI1 in translational regulation...
- Sutherland J, Sobinoff A, Gunter K, Fraser B, Pye V, Bernstein I, et al. Knockout of RNA Binding Protein MSI2 Impairs Follicle Development in the Mouse Ovary: Characterization of MSI1 and MSI2 during Folliculogenesis. Biomolecules. 2015;5:1228-44 pubmed publisher..In this study we determined the expression of mammalian Musashi proteins MSI1 and MSI2 during mouse folliculogenesis, and through the use of a MSI2-specific knockout mouse model we identified that MSI2 ..
- Bennett C, Riemondy K, Chapnick D, Bunker E, Liu X, Kuersten S, et al. Genome-wide analysis of Musashi-2 targets reveals novel functions in governing epithelial cell migration. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:3788-800 pubmed publisherThe Musashi-2 (Msi2) RNA-binding protein maintains stem cell self-renewal and promotes oncogenesis by enhancing cell proliferation in hematopoietic and gastrointestinal tissues...
- Fujiwara T, Zhou J, Ye S, Zhao H. RNA-binding protein Musashi2 induced by RANKL is critical for osteoclast survival. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2300 pubmed publisherThe Musashi family of RNA-binding proteins, Musashi1 and Musashi2, regulate self-renewal and differentiation of neuronal and hematopoietic stem cells by modulating protein translation...
- Yousefi M, Li N, Nakauka Ddamba A, Wang S, Davidow K, Schoenberger J, et al. Msi RNA-binding proteins control reserve intestinal stem cell quiescence. J Cell Biol. 2016;215:401-413 pubmed..These findings delineate a molecular mechanism governing reserve ISC quiescence and demonstrate a necessity for the activity of this rare stem cell population in intestinal regeneration. ..
- Hattori A, McSkimming D, Kannan N, Ito T. RNA binding protein MSI2 positively regulates FLT3 expression in myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2017;54:47-54 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the roles of an RNA binding protein MSI2 as a regulator of FLT3 expression...
- Aubert J, Stavridis M, Tweedie S, O Reilly M, Vierlinger K, Li M, et al. Screening for mammalian neural genes via fluorescence-activated cell sorter purification of neural precursors from Sox1-gfp knock-in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100 Suppl 1:11836-41 pubmed..Whole mount in situ hybridization against two genes of previously unknown embryonic expression, Lrrn1 and Musashi2, confirmed the selectivity of this screen for early neuroectodermal markers.