Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mpi
Description: mannose phosphate isomerase
Alias: 1110002E17Rik, AI315153, Mpi-1, Mpi1, mannose-6-phosphate isomerase, PMI, mannose phosphate isomerase 1, phosphohexomutase, phosphomannose isomerase
- Simon Chazottes D, Cloez Tayarani I, Fillion M, Guenet J, Fillion G. The serotonin 5-HT1B receptor subtype (Htr1b) gene maps to mouse chromosome 9. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:397-8 pubmed
- Eng C, Kozak C, Beaudet A, Zoghbi H. Mapping of multiple subunits of the neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor to chromosome 15 in man and chromosome 9 in mouse. Genomics. 1991;9:278-82 pubmed..Using interspecies crosses in mice, the Acra-5 gene was found closely linked to the Mpi-1 locus...
- Eicher E, Taylor B, Leighton S, Womack J. A serum protein polymorphism determinant on chromosome 9 of Mus musculus. Mol Gen Genet. 1980;177:571-6 pubmed..The new serum protein locus, gene symbol Sep-1, has been located on Chromosome 9, gene order Lap-1--Sep-1--Mpi-1--d--Mod-1, by utilizing information obtained from 52 recombinant inbred strains together with standard genetic ..
- Otto J, von Deimling O. Esterase-17 (ES-17): characterization and genetic location on chromosome 9 of a bis-p-nitrophenyl phosphate-resistant esterase of the house mouse (Mus musculus). Biochem Genet. 1983;21:37-48 pubmed..1.1.6). ES-17 was shown to be controlled by the structural locus Es-17, located on chromosome 9. From test-cross data, a gene order of Es-17-8.7 +/- 2.5 map units-Mpi-1-10.2 +/- 2.7 map units-Mod-1 was established.
- Francke U, Lalley P, Moss W, Ivy J, Minna J. Gene mapping in Mus musculus by interspecific cell hybridization: assignment of the genes for tripeptidase-1 to chromosome 10, dipeptidase-2 to chromosome 18, acid phosphatase-1 to chromosome 12, and adenylate kinase-1 to chromosome 2. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1977;19:57-84 pubmed..mapped by sexual genetics: Dip-1 and Id-1 to chromosome 1; Pgm-2 and Pgd to 4; Pgm-1 to 5; Gpi-1 to 7; Gr-1 to 8; Mpi-1 and Mod-1 to 9; Np-1 and Es-10 to 14...
- Groen A. Identification and genetic monitoring of mouse inbred strains using biochemical polymorphisms. Lab Anim. 1977;11:209-14 pubmed..examined at 12 chromosome loci coding body protein-polymorphism Es-1, Es-2, Es-3, Es-5, Gpi-1, Hbb, Id-1, Ldr-1, Mpi-1, Mup-1, Pgm-1, Trf). The allelic variation at 7 loci could be detected simultaneously...
- Davis J, Wu X, Wang L, DeRossi C, Westphal V, Wu R, et al. Molecular cloning, gene organization, and expression of mouse Mpi encoding phosphomannose isomerase. Glycobiology. 2002;12:435-42 pubmedb>Phosphomannose isomerase (PMI) interconverts fructose-6-P (Fru-6-P) and mannose-6-P (Man-6-P), linking energy metabolism to protein glycosylation...
- Ballantyne C, Kozak C, O Brien W, Beaudet A. Assignment of the gene for intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (Icam-1) to proximal mouse chromosome 9. Genomics. 1991;9:547-50 pubmed..The mapping of Icam-1 to the region known to contain the Idd-2 gene raises the question of whether the phenotypic differences attributed to the Idd-2 locus might be due to genetic variation in Icam-1. ..
- Schafer R, Doehmer J, Rademacher I, Willecke K. Assignment of the gene for cytoplasmic glutamate-oxaloacetate transaminase to mouse chromosome 19 using chinese hamster x mouse somatic cell hybrids. Somatic Cell Genet. 1980;6:709-17 pubmed..The appearance of a heteropolymeric band in hybrid cells expressing mouse GOT-1 suggests that this enzyme molecule is probably composed of two subunits. ..
- Liljander M, Andersson A, Holmdahl R, Mattsson R. Increased litter size and super-ovulation rate in congenic C57BL mice carrying a polymorphic fragment of NFR/N origin at the Fecq4 locus of chromosome 9. Genet Res (Camb). 2009;91:259-65 pubmed publisher..Genes of the cytochrome P450 family (1, 11 and 19), such as Cyp19a1, are assumed to be particularly interesting, since they are known to exhibit female-associated reproductive phenotypes, affecting the ovulation rate, if mutated. ..
- Yan L, Otterness D, Kozak C, Weinshilboum R. Mouse nicotinamide N-methyltransferase gene: molecular cloning, structural characterization, and chromosomal localization. DNA Cell Biol. 1998;17:659-67 pubmed..Cloning and structural characterization of the mouse Nnmt gene will make it possible to study molecular genetic mechanisms involved in the expression of this important methyltransferase. ..
- Nichols E, Chapman V, Ruddle F. Polymorphism and linkage for mannosephosphate isomerase in Mus musculus. Biochem Genet. 1973;8:47-53 pubmed
- Stallings R, Siciliano M. Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7. Somatic Cell Genet. 1981;7:683-98 pubmed..The assignments provide markers for the study of the genetic consequences of chromosomal rearrangements in Chinese hamster cell lines and support the concept of conservation of mammalian autosomal linkage groups. ..
- McDaniel A, Li X, Tordoff M, Bachmanov A, Reed D. A locus on mouse Chromosome 9 (Adip5) affects the relative weight of the gonadal but not retroperitoneal adipose depot. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:1078-92 pubmed..interval with functional significance to the body fatness phenotype (Il18, Acat1, Cyp19a1, Crabp1, Man2c1, Neil1, Mpi1, Csk, Lsm16, Adpgk, Bbs4, Hexa, Thsd4, Dpp8, Anxa2, and Lipc)...
- Cano M, Ilundáin A. Ontogeny of D-mannose transport and metabolism in rat small intestine. J Membr Biol. 2010;235:101-8 pubmed publisherOral mannose therapy is used to treat congenital disorders of glycosylation caused by a deficiency in phosphomannose isomerase. The segmental distribution and ontogenic regulation of D-mannose transport, phosphomannose isomerase, and ..
- O Brien S, Nash W. Genetic mapping in mammals: chromosome map of domestic cat. Science. 1982;216:257-65 pubmed..Many of these same linkage groups have not been conserved in the murine genome. The genetic and evolutionary implications of comparative mapping analysis among mammalian species are discussed. ..
- Morris V, Rao T, Kozak C, Gray D, Lee Chan E, Cornell T, et al. Characterization of Int-5, a locus associated with early events in mammary carcinogenesis. Oncogene Res. 1991;6:53-63 pubmed..3 and 4.0 Kb. These data are consistent with the hypothesis that Int-5 contains an oncogene, different from any other previously described, involved in early events in some models of chemical carcinogenesis. ..
- Kozak C, Nichols E, Ruddle F. Gene linkage analysis in the mouse by somatic cell hybridization: assignment of adenine phosphoribosyltransferase to chromosome 8 and alpha-galactosidase to the X chromosome. Somatic Cell Genet. 1975;1:371-82 pubmed..Malate oxidoreductase decarboxylating (MOD) and mannose phosphate isomerase (MPI) segregated concordantly, confirming an established linkage relationship; adenine phosphoribosyltransferase (APRT) ..
- Lalley P, Minna J, Francke U. Conservation of autosomal gene synteny groups in mouse and man. Nature. 1978;274:160-3 pubmed
- Sharma V, Nayak J, DeRossi C, Charbono A, Ichikawa M, Ng B, et al. Mannose supplements induce embryonic lethality and blindness in phosphomannose isomerase hypomorphic mice. FASEB J. 2014;28:1854-69 pubmed publisherPatients with congenital disorder of glycosylation (CDG), type Ib (MPI-CDG or CDG-Ib) have mutations in phosphomannose isomerase (MPI) that impair glycosylation and lead to stunted growth, liver dysfunction, coagulopathy, hypoglycemia, ..
- Bonhomme F, Guenet J, Catalan J. [Presence of a male sterility factor, Hst-2, segregating in interspecies crosses. M. musculus L. x M. spretus Lastaste and linked to Mod-1, and Mpi-1 on chromosome 9]. C R Seances Acad Sci III. 1982;294:691-3 pubmed..The sterility depends on several independant genetic factors. Using a linkage analysis carried out with biochemical markers, we have been able to localize one of these designated Hst-2, close to Mod-1 on chromosome 9. ..
- Harada Y, Nakajima K, Masahara Negishi Y, Freeze H, Angata T, Taniguchi N, et al. Metabolically programmed quality control system for dolichol-linked oligosaccharides. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19366-71 pubmed publisher..We propose that this degradation system may avoid abnormal N-glycosylation with premature oligosaccharides under conditions that impair efficient DLO biosynthesis. ..
- DeRossi C, Bode L, Eklund E, Zhang F, Davis J, Westphal V, et al. Ablation of mouse phosphomannose isomerase (Mpi) causes mannose 6-phosphate accumulation, toxicity, and embryonic lethality. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:5916-27 pubmedMPI encodes phosphomannose isomerase, which interconverts fructose 6-phosphate and mannose 6-phosphate (Man-6-P), used for glycoconjugate biosynthesis...
- Douglas T, Dawson P. Location of the gene for theta antigen in the mouse. III. The position of Thy-1 relative to Lap-1 and Mpi-1. J Hered. 1979;70:250-4 pubmed..chromosome 9 of the mouse was determined relative to the biochemical markers Lap-1 (leucine arylaminopeptidase) and Mpi-1 (mannosephosphate isomerase)...
- Tukey R, Lalley P, Nebert D. Localization of cytochrome P1-450 and P3-450 genes to mouse chromosome 9. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:3163-6 pubmed..Chromosome segregation analysis of 12 hybrid clones demonstrated that the structural genes for both P1-450 and P3-450 can be assigned to mouse chromosome 9. ..
- Kozak C, Rowe W. Genetic mapping of ecotropic murine leukemia virus-inducing loci in six inbred strains. J Exp Med. 1982;155:524-34 pubmed..These studies provide further evidence that endogenous ecotropic V loci are present at different chromosomal sites in unrelated mouse strains and emphasize the role of germ line reinfections in the generation of this diversity. ..
- Lalley P, Francke U, Minna J. The genes coding for pyruvate kinase (M2) and mannosephosphate isomerase are linked in man and mouse. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1978;22:581-4 pubmed
- Kozak C, Ruddle F. Assignment of the genes for thymidine kinase and galactokinase to Mus musculus chromosome 11 and the preferential segregation of this chromosome in Chinese hamster/mouse somatic cell hybrids. Somatic Cell Genet. 1977;3:121-33 pubmed