Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mov10l1
Description: Moloney leukemia virus 10-like 1
Alias: CHAMP, Csm, RNA helicase Mov10l1, MOV10-like protein 1 homolog, Moloney leukemia virus 10-like 1 protein, cardiac helicase activated by MEF2 protein, cardiac-specific RNA helicase, moloney leukemia virus 10-like protein 1 homolog
- Bao J, Ma H, Schuster A, Lin Y, Yan W. Incomplete cre-mediated excision leads to phenotypic differences between Stra8-iCre; Mov10l1(lox/lox) and Stra8-iCre; Mov10l1(lox/?) mice. Genesis. 2013;51:481-90 pubmed publisher..expressing iCre under the control of the male germ cell-specific Stra8 promoter, could efficiently delete one Mov10l1 flox allele in spermatogenic cells, whereas the excision was incomplete when two Mov10l1 flox alleles were ..
- Xiol J, Cora E, Koglgruber R, Chuma S, Subramanian S, Hosokawa M, et al. A role for Fkbp6 and the chaperone machinery in piRNA amplification and transposon silencing. Mol Cell. 2012;47:970-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that the chaperone machinery normally ejects these inhibitory RNAs, allowing turnover of Piwi complexes for their continued participation in piRNA amplification...
- Ding D, Liu J, Midic U, Wu Y, Dong K, Melnick A, et al. TDRD5 binds piRNA precursors and selectively enhances pachytene piRNA processing in mice. Nat Commun. 2018;9:127 pubmed publisher..These observations establish TDRD5 as a piRNA biogenesis factor and reveal two genetically separable steps at the start of pachytene piRNA processing. ..
- Vourekas A, Zheng K, Fu Q, Maragkakis M, Alexiou P, Ma J, et al. The RNA helicase MOV10L1 binds piRNA precursors to initiate piRNA processing. Genes Dev. 2015;29:617-29 pubmed publisher..Here we show that MOV10L1 exhibits 5'-to-3' directional RNA-unwinding activity in vitro and that a point mutation that abolishes this ..
- Kogo H, Tsutsumi M, Ohye T, Inagaki H, Abe T, Kurahashi H. HORMAD1-dependent checkpoint/surveillance mechanism eliminates asynaptic oocytes. Genes Cells. 2012;17:439-54 pubmed publisher..Our present results provide clues to HORMAD1-dependent checkpoint in response to asynapsis in mammalian meiosis...
- Shin Y, Choi Y, Erdin S, Yatsenko S, Kloc M, Yang F, et al. Hormad1 mutation disrupts synaptonemal complex formation, recombination, and chromosome segregation in mammalian meiosis. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001190 pubmed publisher..HORMAD1 is therefore a critical component of the synaptonemal complex that affects synapsis, recombination, and meiotic sex chromosome inactivation and transcriptional silencing...
- Lovasco L, Seymour K, Zafra K, O Brien C, Schorl C, Freiman R. Accelerated ovarian aging in the absence of the transcription regulator TAF4B in mice. Biol Reprod. 2010;82:23-34 pubmed publisher..One significantly reduced transcript in the young TAF4B-null ovary codes for MOV10L1, a putative germline-specific RNA helicase that is related to the Drosophila RNA interference protein, armitage...
- Zheng K, Wang P. Blockade of pachytene piRNA biogenesis reveals a novel requirement for maintaining post-meiotic germline genome integrity. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003038 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that conditional inactivation of the putative RNA helicase MOV10L1 in mouse spermatocytes produces a specific loss of pachytene piRNAs, significant accumulation of pachytene ..
- Goodier J, Cheung L, Kazazian H. MOV10 RNA helicase is a potent inhibitor of retrotransposition in cells. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002941 pubmed publisher..With homologs in other vertebrates, insects, and plants, MOV10 may represent an ancient and innate form of immunity against both infective viruses and endogenous retroelements...
- Yu Q, Carbone C, Katlinskaya Y, Zheng H, Zheng K, Luo M, et al. Type I interferon controls propagation of long interspersed element-1. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:10191-9 pubmed publisher..Here we report that increased levels of IFNÎ² were found in testes from mice deficient in MOV10L1, a germ cell-specific RNA helicase that plays a key role in limiting the propagation of retrotransposons ..
- Fu Q, Pandey R, Leu N, Pillai R, Wang P. Mutations in the MOV10L1 ATP Hydrolysis Motif Cause piRNA Biogenesis Failure and Male Sterility in Mice. Biol Reprod. 2016;95:103 pubmed..Most piRNA pathway proteins are evolutionarily conserved. MOV10L1, a testis-specific RNA helicase, binds to piRNA precursors and is a master regulator of piRNA biogenesis in mouse...
- Regan C, Li W, Boucher D, Spatz S, Su M, Kuida K. Erk5 null mice display multiple extraembryonic vascular and embryonic cardiovascular defects. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9248-53 pubmed..Moreover, the inability of Erk5-deficient mice to form a complex vasculature suggests that Erk5 may play an important role in controlling angiogenesis. ..
- Liu Z, Olson E. Suppression of proliferation and cardiomyocyte hypertrophy by CHAMP, a cardiac-specific RNA helicase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:2043-8 pubmed..Recently, we described a novel cardiac helicase activated by MEF2 protein (CHAMP), which is expressed specifically in the heart throughout prenatal and postnatal ..