Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mnt
Description: max binding protein
Alias: Rox, bHLHd3, max-binding protein MNT, myc antagonist MNT
- Yang H, Li T, Ko K, Xia M, Lu S. Switch from Mnt-Max to Myc-Max induces p53 and cyclin D1 expression and apoptosis during cholestasis in mouse and human hepatocytes. Hepatology. 2009;49:860-70 pubmed publisher..Both p53 and cyclin D1 are targets of c-Myc, which is also up-regulated in cholestasis. Myc and Mnt use Max as a cofactor for DNA binding. Myc-Max typically activates transcription via E-box binding...
- Vasilevsky N, Ruby C, Hurlin P, Weinberg A. OX40 engagement stabilizes Mxd4 and Mnt protein levels in antigen-stimulated T cells leading to an increase in cell survival. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:1024-34 pubmed publisher..Direct ex vivo examination of Ag-stimulated murine T cells show that the Myc antagonists, Mxd4 and Mnt, are transiently upregulated and translocated to the nucleus following OX40 engagement and may be involved in ..
- Link J, Ota S, Zhou Z, Daniel C, Sears R, Hurlin P. A critical role for Mnt in Myc-driven T-cell proliferation and oncogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:19685-90 pubmed publisherb>Mnt (Max's next tango) is a Max-interacting transcriptional repressor that can antagonize both the proproliferative and proapoptotic functions of Myc in vitro...
- Hirotsune S, Pack S, Chong S, Robbins C, Pavan W, Ledbetter D, et al. Genomic organization of the murine Miller-Dieker/lissencephaly region: conservation of linkage with the human region. Genome Res. 1997;7:625-34 pubmed..We have isolated the murine homologs of three genes located inside and outside the MDS region: Lis1, Mnt/Rox, and 14-3-3 epsilon...
- Yingling J, Toyo oka K, Wynshaw Boris A. Miller-Dieker syndrome: analysis of a human contiguous gene syndrome in the mouse. Am J Hum Genet. 2003;73:475-88 pubmed
- Hurlin P, Zhou Z, Toyo oka K, Ota S, Walker W, Hirotsune S, et al. Evidence of mnt-myc antagonism revealed by mnt gene deletion. Cell Cycle. 2004;3:97-9 pubmed..The repressor with similar DNA binding specificity raised the possibility that Mnt may serve a general role as a Myc antagonist.