Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mnt
Description: max binding protein
Alias: Rox, bHLHd3, max-binding protein MNT, myc antagonist MNT
- Loss of the Max-interacting protein Mnt in mice results in decreased viability, defective embryonic growth and craniofacial defects: relevance to Miller-Dieker syndromeKazuhito Toyo-oka
Department of Pediatrics, UCSD Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093 0627, USA
Hum Mol Genet 13:1057-67. 2004The Mnt gene encodes a Mad-family bHLH transcription factor located on human 17p13.3...
- Mnt transcriptional repressor is functionally regulated during cell cycle progressionNikita Popov
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institutet, Box 280, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Oncogene 24:8326-37. 2005..Similar to other proteins of the network, Mnt forms heterodimers with Max and binds CACGTG E-Box elements...
- Mnt, a novel Max-interacting protein is coexpressed with Myc in proliferating cells and mediates repression at Myc binding sitesP J Hurlin
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Genes Dev 11:44-58. 1997..We have identified a novel bHLHZip Max-binding protein, Mnt, which belongs to neither the Myc nor the Mad families and which is coexpressed with Myc in a number of ..
- Rox, a novel bHLHZip protein expressed in quiescent cells that heterodimerizes with Max, binds a non-canonical E box and acts as a transcriptional repressorG Meroni
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine TIGEM, San Raffaele Biomedical Science Park, Milan, Italy
EMBO J 16:2892-906. 1997..and mapping of a human gene and its mouse homolog encoding a new member of this family of proteins, named Rox. Through interaction mating and immunoprecipitation techniques, we demonstrate that Rox heterodimerizes with Max ..
- Deletion of Mnt leads to disrupted cell cycle control and tumorigenesisPeter J Hurlin
Shriners Hospitals for Children, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR, USA
EMBO J 22:4584-96. 2003b>Mnt is a Max-interacting transcriptional repressor that has been hypothesized to function as a Myc antagonist. To investigate Mnt function we deleted the Mnt gene in mice...
- Mnt loss triggers Myc transcription targets, proliferation, apoptosis, and transformationJonas A Nilsson
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:1560-9. 2004..Here we report that in quiescent cells the Odc E-boxes are occupied by Max and Mnt, a putative Myc antagonist, and that this complex is displaced by Myc-Max complexes in proliferating cells...
- A critical role for Mnt in Myc-driven T-cell proliferation and oncogenesisJason M Link
Shriners Hospitals for Children Portland, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:19685-90. 2012b>Mnt (Max's next tango) is a Max-interacting transcriptional repressor that can antagonize both the proproliferative and proapoptotic functions of Myc in vitro...
- Genomic organization of the murine Miller-Dieker/lissencephaly region: conservation of linkage with the human regionS Hirotsune
Genome Res 7:625-34. 1997..We have isolated the murine homologs of three genes located inside and outside the MDS region: Lis1, Mnt/Rox, and 14-3-3 epsilon...
- Miller-Dieker syndrome: analysis of a human contiguous gene syndrome in the mouseJessica Yingling
Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, University of California at San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA, 92093, USA
Am J Hum Genet 73:475-88. 2003
- Evidence of mnt-myc antagonism revealed by mnt gene deletionPeter J Hurlin
Shriners Hospital for Children, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon USA
Cell Cycle 3:97-9. 2004..The repressor with similar DNA binding specificity raised the possibility that Mnt may serve a general role as a Myc antagonist.
- Mnt-Max to Myc-Max complex switching regulates cell cycle entryWilliam Walker
Shriners Hospitals for Children, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Cell Biol 169:405-13. 2005..In contrast to c-Myc, the putative Myc antagonist Mnt is maintained at a constant level during cell cycle entry...
- Inflammatory disease and lymphomagenesis caused by deletion of the Myc antagonist Mnt in T cellsShala Dezfouli
Shriners Hospital for Children, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:2080-92. 2006b>Mnt is a Max-interacting protein that can antagonize the activities of Myc oncoproteins in cultured cells. Mnt null mice die soon after birth, but conditional deletion of Mnt in breast epithelium leads to tumor formation...
- Mnt-deficient mammary glands exhibit impaired involution and tumors with characteristics of myc overexpressionKazuhito Toyo-oka
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego Comprehensive Cancer Center, La Jolla, California, USA
Cancer Res 66:5565-73. 2006..Max also interacts with Mnt but Mnt-Max complexes repress transcription when bound to these sequences. MNT maps to human chromosome 17p13...
- Switch from Mnt-Max to Myc-Max induces p53 and cyclin D1 expression and apoptosis during cholestasis in mouse and human hepatocytesHeping Yang
Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, USC Research Center for Liver Diseases, USC UCLA Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Hepatology 49:860-70. 2009..Both p53 and cyclin D1 are targets of c-Myc, which is also up-regulated in cholestasis. Myc and Mnt use Max as a cofactor for DNA binding. Myc-Max typically activates transcription via E-box binding...
- OX40 engagement stabilizes Mxd4 and Mnt protein levels in antigen-stimulated T cells leading to an increase in cell survivalNicole A Vasilevsky
Earle A Chiles Research Institute, Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR 97213 2933, USA
Eur J Immunol 41:1024-34. 2011..Direct ex vivo examination of Ag-stimulated murine T cells show that the Myc antagonists, Mxd4 and Mnt, are transiently upregulated and translocated to the nucleus following OX40 engagement and may be involved in ..
- FUNCTION OF A DUAL SPECIFICITY TRANSCRIPTION FACTORPeter Hurlin; Fiscal Year: 2003..a similar role in mediating the transcriptional and biological activities of the Myc-related proteins Mad 1-4, Mnt, and Mga...
- Myc Antagonism and Tumor Suppression by MntPeter Hurlin; Fiscal Year: 2008..One of these proteins, Mnt, is unique among this group of repressors in that it is coexpressed with Myc proteins in most, if not all ..