Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mmp13
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 13
Alias: Clg, MMP-13, Mmp1, collagenase 3, collagenase-1, interstitial collagenase, matrix metalloproteinase 13
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- Expression of interstitial collagenase during skeletal development of the mouse is restricted to osteoblast-like cells and hypertrophic chondrocytesS Gack
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institut fur Genetik, Germany
Cell Growth Differ 6:759-67. 1995We determined the expression pattern of the matrix metalloproteinase interstitial collagenase (MMP-1) during mouse embryo development using in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry. Localized MMP-1 mRNA was first detected at 14...
- Different collagenase gene products have different roles in degradation of type I collagenS M Krane
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and the Arthritis Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 271:28509-15. 1996..All activities were inhibited by TIMP-1, 1,10-phenanthroline, and EDTA. Sequences in the distal two-thirds of the catalytic domain determine the aminotelopeptide-degrading capacity of MMP-13...
- Matrix metalloproteinases regulate morphogenesis, migration and remodeling of epithelium, tongue skeletal muscle and cartilage in the mandibular archJ R Chin
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0750, USA
Development 124:1519-30. 1997..Our data suggest that matrix metalloproteinases play a pivotal role in the morphogenesis of structures derived from epithelium (oral sulcus), cranial paraxial mesoderm (tongue) and cranial neural crest (Meckel's cartilage)...
- Maturational disturbance of chondrocytes in Cbfa1-deficient miceM Inada
Department of Medicine III, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Dev Dyn 214:279-90. 1999..However, osteopontin, bone sialoprotein, and collagenase 3 were not expressed at all, indicating that they are directly regulated by Cbfa1 in the terminal hypertrophic ..
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinase expression in tumor invasionJ Westermarck
MediCity Research Laboratory, Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Turku, Finland
FASEB J 13:781-92. 1999....
- Collagenase 3 is a target of Cbfa1, a transcription factor of the runt gene family involved in bone formationM J Jimenez
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 19:4431-42. 1999b>Collagenase 3 (MMP-13) is a recently identified member of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) gene family that is expressed at high levels in diverse human carcinomas and in articular cartilage from arthritic patients...
- Does adult fracture repair recapitulate embryonic skeletal formation?C Ferguson
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, 533 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, USA
Mech Dev 87:57-66. 1999..matrix remodeling and vascular invasion including vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and matrix metalloproteinase 13 (mmp13)...
- Occurrence and temporal variation in matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors during murine secondary palatal morphogenesisJ Morris-Wiman
Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
J Craniofac Genet Dev Biol 19:201-12. 1999..The results of this study demonstrate that MMPs 2, 3, 7, 9 and 13 and TIMPs 1 and 2 and their messages are present during the course of palatal shelf remodelling and that their expression is temporally regulated...
- Impaired endochondral ossification and angiogenesis in mice deficient in membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase IZ Zhou
Division of Matrix Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:4052-7. 2000..In tissues from null mice, activation of latent matrix metalloproteinase 2 was deficient, suggesting that MT1-MMP is essential for its activation in vivo...
- Identification and enzymatic characterization of two diverging murine counterparts of human interstitial collagenase (MMP-1) expressed at sites of embryo implantationM Balbin
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Instituto Universitario de Oncologia, Universidad de Oviedo, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
J Biol Chem 276:10253-62. 2001..been largely based on the repeatedly unproductive attempts to detect the presence in murine tissues of interstitial collagenase (MMP-1), a major collagenase in many species, including humans...
- Collagen dissolution by keratinocytes requires cell surface plasminogen activation and matrix metalloproteinase activitySarah Netzel-Arnett
Matrix Metalloproteinase Unit, NIDCR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 277:45154-61. 2002..We propose that plasminogen activation facilitates keratinocyte-mediated collagen breakdown via the direct activation of matrix metalloproteinase-13 and possibly other fibrillar collagenases...
- Distinguishing the contributions of the perichondrium, cartilage, and vascular endothelium to skeletal developmentCeline Colnot
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0514, USA
Dev Biol 269:55-69. 2004..Collectively, these studies clarify further the contributions of the cartilage, perichondrium, and vascular endothelium to long bone development...
- Ext1-dependent heparan sulfate regulates the range of Ihh signaling during endochondral ossificationLydia Koziel
Otto Warburg Laboratory, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Ihnestrasse 73, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Dev Cell 6:801-13. 2004..Finally, we propose that the development of exostoses in the human Hereditary Multiple Exostoses syndrome can be attributed to activation of Ihh signaling...
- Altered endochondral bone development in matrix metalloproteinase 13-deficient miceDominique Stickens
Department of Anatomy and Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Development 131:5883-95. 2004..Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) 13 (collagenase 3) is poised to play a crucial role in bone formation and remodeling because of its expression both in terminal ..
- Upregulation of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in breast cancer xenografts: a major induction of stromal MMP-13Marc A Lafleur
VBCRC Invasion and Metastasis Group, St Vincent s Institute, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Int J Cancer 114:544-54. 2005..These xenografts are a valuable means for examining in vivo production of MMPs and suggest that MMP-13 and MT1-MMP will be relevant targets for inhibiting breast cancer progression...
- Critical roles for collagenase-3 (Mmp13) in development of growth plate cartilage and in endochondral ossificationMasaki Inada
Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Building 149, 13th Street, Room 8301, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:17192-7. 2004Collagenase-3 (MMP13), a member of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family of neutral endopeptidases, is expressed in the skeleton during embryonic development and is highly overexpressed in human carcinomas and in chondrocytes and ..
- Matrix metalloproteinase 13 mediates nitric oxide activation of endothelial cell migrationEsther López-Rivera
Fundación Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Ronda de Poniente 5 Tres Cantos, 28760 Madrid, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:3685-90. 2005..Stimulation with NO disrupted this complex and significantly increased extracellular MMP-13 abundance, leading to collagen breakdown. Our findings show that MMP-13 is an important effector of NO-activated endothelial migration...
- Galectin-3 is a downstream regulator of matrix metalloproteinase-9 function during endochondral bone formationNathalie Ortega
Department of Anatomy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:3028-39. 2005..Thus, the disruption of growth plate homeostasis in Mmp-9 null mice links galectin-3 and MMP-9 in the regulation of the clearance of late chondrocytes through regulation of their terminal differentiation...
- Transcriptional up-regulation of MMP12 and MMP13 by asbestos occurs via a PKCdelta-dependent pathway in murine lungArti Shukla
Department of Pharmacology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, 89 Beaumont Ave Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
FASEB J 20:997-9. 2006..Asbestos-exposed PKCdelta knockout (PKCdelta-/-) mice exhibited decreased expression of lung MMP12 and MMP13 compared with asbestos-exposed wild-type mice...
- Jag2-Notch1 signaling regulates oral epithelial differentiation and palate developmentLiam M Casey
Center for Oral Biology and Department of Biomedical Genetics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Dev Dyn 235:1830-44. 2006....
- Cell autonomous requirement for Tgfbr2 in the disappearance of medial edge epithelium during palatal fusionXun Xu
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Biol 297:238-48. 2006....
- Noncanonical Wnt signaling through G protein-linked PKCdelta activation promotes bone formationXiaolin Tu
Department of Medicine, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Cell 12:113-27. 2007..Together, these results reveal a Wnt-dependent osteogenic mechanism, and they provide a potential target pathway for designing therapeutics to promote bone formation...
- Impaired bone fracture healing in matrix metalloproteinase-13 deficient miceNaoto Kosaki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 354:846-51. 2007..Consistent with the observations, the chondrocyte pellets cultured from the MMP13(-/-) mice exhibited diminished angiogenic activities when the pellets were co-cultured with endothelial cells...
- Scar-associated macrophages are a major source of hepatic matrix metalloproteinase-13 and facilitate the resolution of murine hepatic fibrosisJonathan A Fallowfield
Liver Research Group, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Immunol 178:5288-95. 2007..SAMs are the source of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) 13 (collagenase 3), considered to be the primary interstitial collagenase in rodents...
- Role of matrix metalloproteinase 13 in both endochondral and intramembranous ossification during skeletal regenerationDanielle J Behonick
Department of Anatomy and Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e1150. 2007Extracellular matrix (ECM) remodeling is important during bone development and repair. Because matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP13, collagenase-3) plays a role in long bone development, we have examined its role during adult skeletal ..
- RNA interference inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-1 prevents melanoma metastasis by reducing tumor collagenase activity and angiogenesisJessica S Blackburn
Department of Biochemistry, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Cancer Res 67:10849-58. 2007..ERK signaling drives the production of the interstitial collagenase matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1), which is expressed specifically by invasive melanomas...
- Joint diseases and matrix metalloproteinases: a role for MMP-13Hironari Takaishi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 9:47-54. 2008..This review describes a body of research that supports the development of novel selective MMP-13 inhibitors with the hope of developing these compounds in clinical trials for the treatment of arthritis...
- Profibrinolytic effects of metalloproteinases during skin wound healing in the absence of plasminogenKirsty A Green
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen Biocenter, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Invest Dermatol 128:2092-101. 2008..Furthermore, these in vivo data reveal that galardin-sensitive metalloproteinases mediate compensatory fibrinolysis to facilitate wound healing in the absence of plasmin...
- Matrix metalloproteinase 13 is induced in fibroblasts in polyomavirus middle T antigen-driven mammary carcinoma without influencing tumor progressionBoye S Nielsen
The Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 3:e2959. 2008Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) 13 (collagenase 3) is an extracellular matrix remodeling enzyme that is induced in myofibroblasts during the earliest invasive stages of human breast carcinoma, suggesting that it is involved in tumor ..
- Endothelial nitric oxide deficiency reduces MMP-13-mediated cleavage of ICAM-1 in vascular endothelium: a role in atherosclerosisCarlos Tarin
Fundación Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:27-32. 2009..Lack of endothelial nitric oxide synthase worsens atherosclerosis at least by increasing monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells. The purpose of this study was to elucidate the molecular mechanism elicited by NO...
- Stromal expression of MMP-13 is required for melanoma invasion and metastasisPaola Zigrino
Department of Dermatology and Center for Molecular Medicine CMMC, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 129:2686-93. 2009..These data suggest an important role of MMP-13 in tumor growth and an unexpected role in organ-specific metastasis of melanoma cells...
- MMP-13 plays a role in keratinocyte migration, angiogenesis, and contraction in mouse skin wound healingNoriko Hattori
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 0016, Japan
Am J Pathol 175:533-46. 2009..These data suggest that MMP-13 plays a role in keratinocyte migration, angiogenesis, and contraction in wound healing, while MMP-9 functions in keratinocyte migration...
- Protein kinase C-delta transactivates platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha in mechanical strain-induced collagenase 3 (matrix metalloproteinase-13) expression by osteoblast-like cellsChuen Mao Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan 333, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 284:26040-50. 2009Matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP-13, or collagenase 3) has been shown to degrade intact collagen and to participate in situations where rapid and effective remodeling of collagenous ECM is required...
- MMP13 as a stromal mediator in controlling persistent angiogenesis in skin carcinomaWiltrud Lederle
German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Carcinogenesis 31:1175-84. 2010Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) such as MMP13 promote tumour growth and progression by mediating extracellular matrix (ECM) reorganization and regulating the biological activity of cytokines...
- Mesenchymal cell remodeling during mouse secondary palate reorientationJiu Zhen Jin
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Craniofacial Biology, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
Dev Dyn 239:2110-7. 2010..Because palate elevation represents a classic example of embryonic tissue re-orientation, our findings here may also shed light on the process of tissue re-orientation in general...
- Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal cells and MMP13 contribute to experimental choroidal neovascularizationJulie Lecomte
Laboratory of Tumor and Developmental Biology, Tour de Pathologie, CHU B23, Groupe Interdisciplinaire de Génoprotéomique Appliquée Research GIGA Cancer, University of Liege, 4000, Liege, Belgium
Cell Mol Life Sci 68:677-86. 2011In this study, we evaluate the potential involvement of collagenase-3 (MMP13), a matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family member, in the exudative form of age-related macular degeneration characterized by a neovascularisation into the ..
- Host-derived MMP-13 exhibits a protective role in lung metastasis of melanoma cells by local endostatin productionH Fukuda
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 0016, Japan
Br J Cancer 105:1615-24. 2011..Although matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are implicated in tumourigenesis and cancer progression, the role of MMP-13 in melanoma cell metastases is poorly understood...
- Detection of gelatinolytic activity in developing basement membranes of the mouse embryo head by combining sensitive in situ zymography with immunolabelingNikolaos Gkantidis
Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, University of Bern, Freiburgstrasse 7, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Histochem Cell Biol 138:557-71. 2012..relationship in situ between gelatinolytic activity and immunostaining for gelatinases MMP-2 and MMP-9, collagenase 3 (MMP-13) and MT1-MMP (MMP-14), a major activator of pro-gelatinases...
- Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their physiological inhibitors (TIMPs) are differentially expressed during excisional skin wound repairM Madlener
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
Exp Cell Res 242:201-10. 1998..These observations imply an additional role of macrophage-related proteolysis, independent of its classical roles during earlier, inflammatory phases of cutaneous wound repair...
- TGF-beta3-induced palatogenesis requires matrix metalloproteinasesL Blavier
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Mol Biol Cell 12:1457-66. 2001..Our observations indicate for the first time that the proteolytic degradation of the ECM by MMPs is a necessary step for palatal fusion...
- Real-time visualization of MMP-13 promoter activity in transgenic miceNanjun Wu
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, C 3321 Medical Center North, Nashville, TN 37232 2561, USA
Matrix Biol 21:149-61. 2002..These results suggested that MMP-13 participated in the wound healing of acute wounds, and it was a significant factor in long-term remodeling of wound connective tissue in rodent skin...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-13/collagenase-3 deletion promotes collagen accumulation and organization in mouse atherosclerotic plaquesJun o Deguchi
Donald W Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 112:2708-15. 2005..Interstitial collagen plays a crucial structural role in arteries. Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), including MMP-13/collagenase-3, likely contribute to collagen catabolism in atherosclerotic plaques...
- Epidermal development and wound healing in matrix metalloproteinase 13-deficient miceBettina Hartenstein
Division of Signal Transduction and Growth Control A100, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum Heidelberg DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 126:486-96. 2006..Here, we employed mmp13 knockout mice to elucidate the function of MMP13 in embryonic skin development, skin homeostasis, and cutaneous ..
- A molecular analysis of matrix remodeling and angiogenesis during long bone developmentC I Colnot
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0514, USA
Mech Dev 100:245-50. 2001..Here, we have produced a 'molecular map' of the initial vascularization of the developing skeleton that provides a framework in which to interpret a wide range of fetal skeletal malformations, disruptions, and dysplasias...
- PTH regulates fetal blood calcium and skeletal mineralization independently of PTHrPC S Kovacs
Faculty of Medicine Endocrinology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada A1B 3V6
Endocrinology 142:4983-93. 2001....
- STAT3 activation is required for interleukin-6 induced transformation in tumor-promotion sensitive mouse skin epithelial cellsCheng Yong Yu
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland, MD 21702, USA
Oncogene 21:3949-60. 2002....
- Matrix metalloproteinase 13-deficient mice are resistant to osteoarthritic cartilage erosion but not chondrocyte hypertrophy or osteophyte developmentC B Little
Raymond Purves Research Laboratories, University of Sydney at Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonard s, New South Wales, Australia
Arthritis Rheum 60:3723-33. 2009To investigate the role of matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP-13; collagenase 3) in osteoarthritis (OA).
- MicroRNA-140 plays dual roles in both cartilage development and homeostasisShigeru Miyaki
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 24:1173-85. 2010..We show that miR-140 regulates cartilage development and homeostasis, and its loss contributes to the development of age-related OA-like changes...
- Pressure overload-dependent membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase induction: relationship to LV remodeling and fibrosisMichael R Zile
Divisions of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 302:H1429-37. 2012....
- β-adrenergic receptor stimulation transactivates protease-activated receptor 1 via matrix metalloproteinase 13 in cardiac cellsFabrice Jaffré
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box CVRI, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Circulation 125:2993-3003. 2012..MMP-1 has been shown to cleave and activate the protease-activated receptor 1 (PAR1) in noncardiac cells. In the present study, we hypothesized that β-AR stimulation would result in MMP-dependent PAR1 transactivation in cardiac cells...
- Conditional deletion of Tgfbr2 in hypertrophic chondrocytes delays terminal chondrocyte differentiationTatsuya Sueyoshi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Matrix Biol 31:352-9. 2012..The expression domains of Col10a1, Matrix metalloproteinase 13, and Osteopontin were small, and the expression of Vascular endothelial growth factor and Platelet ..
- Knee loading reduces MMP13 activity in the mouse cartilageKazunori Hamamura
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, SL220C, 723 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:312. 2013..In this study, we examined the effects of knee loading on the activity of matrix metalloproteinase13 (MMP13) and evaluated the role of p38 MAPK and Rac1 GTPase in the regulation of MMP13.
- Lkb1/Stk11 regulation of mTOR signaling controls the transition of chondrocyte fates and suppresses skeletal tumor formationLick Pui Lai
Department of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Eli and Edythe Broad California Institute for Regenerative Medicine Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90089
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:19450-5. 2013..These findings highlight a critical requirement for integration of mammalian target of rapamycin activity into developmental decision-making during mammalian skeletogenesis. ..
- Biglycan and decorin differentially regulate signaling in the fetal membranesZhiping Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 101 Dudley Street, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Matrix Biol 35:266-75. 2014....
- ANKRD1 acts as a transcriptional repressor of MMP13 via the AP-1 siteKarinna Almodóvar-García
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Mol Cell Biol 34:1500-11. 2014..two-hybrid and coimmunoprecipitation analyses associated ANKRD1 with nucleolin, which represses AP-1 activation of MMP13. Ankrd1 deletion enhanced both basal and phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA)-induced MMP13 promoter activity; ..
- Hand1 phosphoregulation within the distal arch neural crest is essential for craniofacial morphogenesisBeth A Firulli
Riley Heart Research Center, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Departments of Anatomy and Medical, Biochemistry, and Molecular Genetics, Indiana Medical School, 1044 W Walnut Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5225, USA
Development 141:3050-61. 2014....
- Passenger Mutations Confound Interpretation of All Genetically Modified Congenic MiceTom Vanden Berghe
Inflammation Research Center, VIB, 9000 Ghent, Belgium Department of Biomedical Molecular Biology, Ghent University, 9000 Ghent, Belgium Electronic address
Immunity 43:200-9. 2015....
- Epinephrine-induced MMP expression is different between skeletal fibroblasts and myoblastsM C Cha
Department of Food Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Cell Biochem Funct 29:603-9. 2011....
- Dissection of Wnt5a-Ror2 signaling leading to matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-13) expressionKaoru Yamagata
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University, 7 5 1, Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:1588-99. 2012..Moreover, we provide evidence suggesting that Wnt5a-Ror2 signaling might also be required for expression of MMP-13 gene during the development of the cartilaginous tissue...
- Krüppel-like factor 4 regulates membranous and endochondral ossificationIkumi Michikami
Department of Oral Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Yamadaoka 1 8, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Exp Cell Res 318:311-25. 2012..Our results demonstrate that Klf4 regulates normal skeletal development through coordinating the differentiation and migration of osteoblasts, chondrocytes, vascular endothelial cells and osteoclasts...
- Matrix Metalloproteinase 1 promotes tumor formation and lung metastasis in an intratibial injection osteosarcoma mouse modelKnut Husmann
Laboratory for Orthopedic Research, Department of Orthopedics, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1832:347-54. 2013..The findings of the present study reveal an important role of MMP-1 in OS primary tumor and metastasis formation to the lung, the major organ of OS metastasis...
- Structural organization and chromosomal localization of the mouse collagenase type I geneM Schorpp
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institut fur Genetik, Germany
Biochem J 308:211-7. 1995..The presence of the AP-1- and PEA-3- binding sites in all mammalian MMP-1 genes isolated so far, may, however, suggest evolutionary selection for common regulatory mechanisms of MMP-1 transcription...
- Phenotypic alterations in fos-transgenic mice correlate with changes in Fos/Jun-dependent collagenase type I expression. Regulation of mouse metalloproteinases by carcinogens, tumor promoters, cAMP, and Fos oncoproteinS Gack
Kernforschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institut fur Genetik, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 269:10363-9. 1994..These results identify collagenase I as a Fos-regulated gene in vivo and suggest a possible role for Fos/Jun heterodimers in establishing the pathological phenotype of c-fos transgenic mice...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in the mouse uterus during the peri-implantation periodS K Das
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Dev Genet 21:44-54. 1997..metalloproteinases (MMPs; MMP-2 [gelatinase A], MMP-3 [stromelysin 1], MMPs; MMP-2 [gelatinase B], and MMP-13 [collagenase 3]) and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs; TIMP-1, TIMP-2, and TIMP-3) in the mouse uterus from ..
- Matrix metalloproteinases and diseases of the CNSV W Yong
Dept of Oncology, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Trends Neurosci 21:75-80. 1998..Therefore, both the identity of the MMP and its cellular origin could determine whether disease pathogenesis or regeneration occurs, and thus synthetic MMP inhibitors might be valuable for treating some CNS diseases...
- The parathyroid hormone (PTH)/PTH-related peptide receptor mediates actions of both ligands in murine boneB Lanske
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Endocrinology 139:5194-204. 1998..that osteoblasts of PTH/PTHrP receptor (-/-) animals, but not PTHrP (-/-) animals, have decreased levels of collagenase 3, osteopontin, and osteocalcin messenger RNAs...
- The cloning and functional analysis of canine matrix metalloproteinase-13 gene promoterSarah E Campbell
Molecular Therapeutics Research Group, Department of Clinical Studies, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Clinical Studies, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Gene 286:233-40. 2002..The canine MMP-13 promoter activity has also been compared to the basal and induced activity of the canine MMP-9, gelatinase B promoter in these cell types...
- Extracellular regulated kinase/mitogen activated protein kinase is up-regulated in pulmonary emphysema and mediates matrix metalloproteinase-1 induction by cigarette smokeBecky A Mercer
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Molecular and Pulmonary Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 279:17690-6. 2004The interstitial collagenase matrix metalloprotein-ase-1 (MMP-1) is up-regulated in the lung during pulmonary emphysema. The mechanisms underlying this aberrant expression are poorly understood...
- Sox5 and Sox6 are needed to develop and maintain source, columnar, and hypertrophic chondrocytes in the cartilage growth platePatrick Smits
Dept of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, ND 20, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Cell Biol 164:747-58. 2004..In conclusion, Sox5 and Sox6 are needed for the establishment of multilayered growth plates, and thereby for proper and timely development of endochondral bones...
- Expression analysis of the entire MMP and TIMP gene families during mouse tissue developmentRobert K Nuttall
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
FEBS Lett 563:129-34. 2004....
- Cyclophilin C-associated protein is a mediator for fibronectin fragment-induced matrix metalloproteinase-13 expressionWuyi Kong
Pediatric Surgical Research Laboratory, Stanford University School of Medicine, 257 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5148, USA
J Biol Chem 279:55334-40. 2004..Our data are the first to demonstrate that deletion of CyC-AP can abolish fibronectin fragment-induced MMP-13 expression through an unknown mechanism. CyC-AP is an important factor for the regulation of MMP-13 expression...
- Activation of the discoidin domain receptor 2 induces expression of matrix metalloproteinase 13 associated with osteoarthritis in miceLin Xu
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:548-55. 2005..At the same time point, 6 months, we also found increased expression and activity of matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP-13) in the mutant mouse knee cartilage...
- Lhx2-/- mice develop liver fibrosisEwa Wandzioch
Umeå Center for Molecular Medicine, Umea University, 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16549-54. 2004..This study establishes a spontaneous and reproducible animal model for hepatic fibrosis and reveals that Lhx2 expression in HSCs is important for proper cellular organization and differentiation of the liver...
- Matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 are dispensable for pancreatic islet formation and function in vivoSabina E Perez
Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, 94143 0573, USA
Diabetes 54:694-701. 2005..However, islet formation is unaffected in transgenic mice with modified tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP1) levels, suggesting that MMP activity may contribute little to islet morphogenesis in vivo...
- Dysregulation of TGF-beta1 receptor activation leads to abnormal lung development and emphysema-like phenotype in core fucose-deficient miceXiangchun Wang
Department of Biochemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15791-6. 2005..We propose that the lack of core fucosylation of TGF-beta1 receptors is crucial for a developmental and progressive/destructive emphysema, suggesting that perturbation of this function could underlie certain cases of human emphysema...
- Transcription factor ERG and joint and articular cartilage formation during mouse limb and spine skeletogenesisMasahiro Iwamoto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Dev Biol 305:40-51. 2007..The results suggest that ERG is part of molecular mechanisms leading chondrocytes into a permanent developmental path and become joint forming cells, and may do so by acting downstream of GDF-5...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-1 therapy improves muscle healingHany Bedair
Stem Cell Research Center, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittburgh, 4100 Rangos Research Center, 3705 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2583, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 102:2338-45. 2007..01). These results suggest that the direct injection of MMP-1 into the zone of injury during fibrosis can enhance muscle regeneration by increasing the number of myofibers and decreasing the amount of fibrous tissue...
- Overexpression of Smurf2 stimulates endochondral ossification through upregulation of beta-cateninQiuqian Wu
Department of Orthopaedics, Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 665, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Bone Miner Res 23:552-63. 2008..The mechanism underlying Smurf2-mediated morphological changes during embryonic development may provide new mechanistic insights and potential targets for prevention and treatment of human osteoarthritis...
- Dicer-dependent pathways regulate chondrocyte proliferation and differentiationTatsuya Kobayashi
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1949-54. 2008..Our results demonstrate the critical role of the Dicer-dependent pathway in the regulation of chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation during skeletal development...
- Transactivation by Runt related factor-2 of matrix metalloproteinase-13 in astrocytesTakeshi Takarada
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 1192, Japan
Neurosci Lett 451:99-104. 2009..protein core binding factor-beta and their targets such as osteopontin (OPN) and matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP13), but not for collagen-I or osteocalcin...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-1 promotes muscle cell migration and differentiationWilliam Wang
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Pathol 174:541-9. 2009....
- Overexpression of BMP3 in the developing skeleton alters endochondral bone formation resulting in spontaneous rib fracturesLaura W Gamer
Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Dev Dyn 238:2374-81. 2009....
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 (ERK1) and ERK2 play essential roles in osteoblast differentiation and in supporting osteoclastogenesisTakehiko Matsushita
Department of Orthopaedics, Case Western Reserve University, 2109 Adelbert Road, BRB 329, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:5843-57. 2009..Thus, our results indicate that ERK1 and ERK2 not only play essential roles in the lineage specification of osteo-chondroprogenitor cells but also support osteoclast formation in vivo...
- Nitric oxide induces the progression of abdominal aortic aneurysms through the matrix metalloproteinase inducer EMMPRINTania R Lizarbe
Institutional Fundación Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Madrid 28029, Spain
Am J Pathol 175:1421-30. 2009..Our results suggest that NO may regulate the development of AAA in part by inducing the expression of EMMPRIN and modulating the activity of MMP-13 in murine and human aneurysms...
- SOX9 is a major negative regulator of cartilage vascularization, bone marrow formation and endochondral ossificationTakako Hattori
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Dentistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama City 700 8525, Japan
Development 137:901-11. 2010..analysis revealed high levels of Sox9 misexpression in hypertrophic chondrocytes but deficiencies of Vegfa, Mmp13, RANKL and osteopontin expression in the non-resorbed hypertrophic cartilage, indicating that Sox9 misexpression ..
- Nuclear receptor Nur77 inhibits vascular outward remodelling and reduces macrophage accumulation and matrix metalloproteinase levelsPeter I Bonta
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Academic Medical Center K1 113, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, Amsterdam 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 87:561-8. 2010..Detailed knowledge on the mechanism underlying this vascular response is limited, and we aimed to study the function of Nur77 in smooth muscle cells (SMCs) in arterial remodelling...
- Stromal regulation of vessel stability by MMP14 and TGFbetaNor E Sounni
Cancer Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Dis Model Mech 3:317-32. 2010..Antagonists of this pathway could be therapeutically exploited to improve the delivery of therapeutics or molecular contrast agents into tissues where chronic damage or neoplastic disease limits their efficient delivery...
- Transcriptional regulation of endochondral ossification by HIF-2alpha during skeletal growth and osteoarthritis developmentTaku Saito
Sensory and Motor System Medicine, University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Med 16:678-86. 2010..HIF-2alpha enhanced promoter activities of COL10A1, MMP13 and VEGFA through specific binding to the respective hypoxia-responsive elements...
- BMP-2 regulates the formation of oral sulcus in mouse tongue by altering the balance between TIMP-1 and MMP-13Tadayoshi Fukui
Department of Orthodontics, Tsurumi University School of Dental Medicine, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Japan
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 293:1408-15. 2010..These results suggest that BMP-2 regulates the formation of oral sulcus by altering the balance between TIMP-1 and MMP-13...
- TGF-β signaling plays an essential role in the growth and maintenance of intervertebral disc tissueHongting Jin
Institute of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Zhejiang Chinese Medical University, Hangzhou, China
FEBS Lett 585:1209-15. 2011..The expression of Mmp13 gene is significantly up-regulated in primary disc cells of Tgfbr2 conditional knockout mice...
- MMP-1 drives immunopathology in human tuberculosis and transgenic micePaul Elkington
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunity, Imperial College London, London, UK
J Clin Invest 121:1827-33. 2011..In primary human monocytes, M. tuberculosis infection selectively upregulated MMP1 gene expression and secretion, and Ro32-3555, a specific MMP inhibitor, suppressed M...
- Cloning and sequencing of mouse collagenase cDNA. Divergence of mouse and rat collagenases from the other mammalian collagenasesP Henriet
Laboratoire de Chimie Physiologique Connective Tissue Group Université de Louvain, Bruxelles, Belgium
FEBS Lett 310:175-8. 1992..This supports the hypothesis that the order Rodentia is an outgroup to the other eutherian (placental) mammalian orders...
- Structure of recombinant mouse collagenase-3 (MMP-13)I Botos
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, TX, 77843 2128, USA
J Mol Biol 292:837-44. 1999..The structure provides insight into the specificity of this enzyme, facilitating design of specific inhibitors to target various diseases...
- Matrix metalloproteinases in tumor invasionN Johansson
Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku, Finland
Cell Mol Life Sci 57:5-15. 2000..In this review, we discuss the current concept concerning the role of MMPs and their inhibitors in tumor invasion, as a basis for prognosis and targeted therapeutic intervention in cancer...
- Temporospatial distribution of matrix metalloproteinase and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases during murine secondary palate morphogenesisJ Morris-Wiman
Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0444, USA
Anat Embryol (Berl) 202:129-41. 2000..These results provide support for the idea that temporospatially controlled interactions between MMPs and their substrates may be pivotal in modulating events in palatal morphogenesis...
- The expression of matrix metalloproteinase-13 and osteocalcin in mouse osteoblasts is related to osteoblastic differentiation and is modulated by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and thyroid hormonesNadja Fratzl-Zelman
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Osteology, 4th Medical Department, Hanusch Hospital, Heinrich Collin Str 30, A 1140 Vienna, Austria
Cell Biol Int 27:459-68. 2003..In addition, we propose a role for MMP-13 in the bone collar of developing long bones. The results could help to more precisely characterize hormonal regulation in the developmental sequence of osteoblasts...
- Differential expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases type 1 (TIMP-1) during mouse gonad developmentRomain Guyot
INSERM U329, Hopital Debrousse, Lyon, France
Dev Dyn 227:357-66. 2003..Experiments are now under way to determine to what extent TIMP-1 is a morphogenic gene involved in seminiferous cord formation and development...
- Annexin II regulates fibrin homeostasis and neoangiogenesis in vivoQi Ling
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Clin Invest 113:38-48. 2004..These data establish annexin II as a regulator of cell surface plasmin generation and reveal that impaired endothelial cell fibrinolytic activity constitutes a barrier to effective neoangiogenesis...
- NMDA receptor-mediated calcium influx plays an essential role in myoblast fusionKun Ho Lee
School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, 151 742, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 578:47-52. 2004..Furthermore, treatment with the Ca2+ ionophore A23187 recovered MK801-mediated inhibition of myoblast fusion. These results suggest that the NRs may play an important role in myoblast fusion by mediating Ca2+ influx...
- Differential regulation of gastric tumor growth by cytokines that signal exclusively through the coreceptor gp130Meegan Howlett
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne at Western Hospital, Footscray, Australia
Gastroenterology 129:1005-18. 2005..This model recapitulates many characteristics of intestinal-type gastric cancer in humans...
- Integrin alpha1beta1 mediates collagen induction of MMP-13 expression in MC615 chondrocytesMarie Claire Ronzière
Laboratoire de Biologie et Ingénierie du Cartilage, Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, UMR 5086 CNRS UCBL, IFR 128 Biosciences Lyon Gerland, 7 passage du Vercors, 69367 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1746:55-64. 2005..Interestingly, bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-2 opposed this induction, an effect that may be related to a role of BMP-2 in the maintenance of cartilage matrix...
- PROMOTER- BASED ESTIMATION ANALYSISHiroki Yokota; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- BONE AND KNEE LOADINGHiroki Yokota; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study will contribute to development of a novel loading model to strengthen bone without causing deformation of fragile bone in the elderly. ..
- Mechanical response of osteoblasts in 3D matrixHiroki Yokota; Fiscal Year: 2007..Completion of these studies should provide significant insight into the mechanical responses of osteoblasts in a 3D environment, and contribute to developing. q load-induced in vitro connective tissue engineering. ..
- HIGH RESOLUTION ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY SYSTEMMichael Zile; Fiscal Year: 2001..This will foster interdisciplinary investigation, support NIH-funded investigators and trainees, and enhance the competitiveness of MUSC investigators. ..
- Mast Cell Role in Masseter Muscle RepairJOYCE MORRIS WIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Small RNAs in skeletogenesisTatsuya Kobayashi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RUNX2 AND PPAR-GAMMA IN CHONDROCYTE FUNCTIONMasahiro Iwamoto; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..