Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mmp10
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 10
Alias: AV377895, MMP-10, SL-2, stromelysin-2, matrix metalloproteinase 10, transin-2
- Wu L, Chien W, Hartman M, Moussavi Harami F, Liu Y, Chin M. Regulation of MMP10 expression by the transcription factor CHF1/Hey2 is mediated by multiple E boxes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;415:662-8 pubmed publisher..of CHF1/Hey2 in vascular smooth muscle cells leads to dysregulated expression of the matrix metalloproteinase gene MMP10 after treatment with PDGF...
- Nishino K, Yamanouchi K, Naito K, Tojo H. Matrix metalloproteinases regulate mesonephric cell migration in developing XY gonads which correlates with the inhibition of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-3 by Sry. Dev Growth Differ. 2002;44:35-43 pubmed..These findings are an important clue for the elucidation of testicular formation in developing gonads. ..
- Lijnen H, Van Hoef B, Rodriguez J, Paramo J. Stromelysin-2 (MMP-10) deficiency does not affect adipose tissue formation in a mouse model of nutritionally induced obesity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;389:378-81 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that MMP-10 does not significantly contribute to adipose tissue development and associated angiogenesis in a mouse model of nutritionally induced obesity. ..
- Wang J, Lin Y, Chen H, Kong X, Xiong H, Shen N, et al. Calcium prevents tumorigenesis in a mouse model of colorectal cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22566 pubmed publisher..Microarray gene expression analysis showed that S100a9, Defa20, Mmp10, Mmp7, Ptgs2, and Ang2 were among the most downregulated genes, whereas Per3, Tef, Rnf152, and Prdx6 were ..
- Smith L, Wagner T, Huizar I, Schnapp L. uPARAP expression during murine lung development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:486-93 pubmed publisher..Finally, we compared lung development between wild-type and uPARAP(-/-) mice, and found no significant histologic differences, indicating the presence of alternative collagen degradation pathways during murine lung development. ..
- Van Themsche C, Alain T, Kossakowska A, Urbanski S, Potworowski E, St Pierre Y. Stromelysin-2 (matrix metalloproteinase 10) is inducible in lymphoma cells and accelerates the growth of lymphoid tumors in vivo. J Immunol. 2004;173:3605-11 pubmed..In the present work, we report the up-regulated expression of MMP10 in T lymphoma cells following contact with endothelial cells...
- Orbe J, Barrenetxe J, Rodriguez J, Vivien D, Orset C, Parks W, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-10 effectively reduces infarct size in experimental stroke by enhancing fibrinolysis via a thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor-mediated mechanism. Circulation. 2011;124:2909-19 pubmed publisher..The effect of MMP-10 on fibrinolysis was studied in vitro and in vivo, in MMP-10-null mice (Mmp10(-/-)), with the use of 2 different murine models of arterial thrombosis: laser-induced carotid injury and ischemic ..
- Madlener M, Werner S. cDNA cloning and expression of the gene encoding murine stromelysin-2 (MMP-10). Gene. 1997;202:75-81 pubmed..Recombinant forms of murine stromelysin-1 and -2 produced in transfected COS cells were secreted and could be induced to undergo autocatalytic processing by addition of the organomercurial salt 4-aminophenylmercuric acetate (APMA). ..
- Martinez de Lizarrondo S, Roncal C, Calvayrac O, Rodriguez C, Varo N, Purroy A, et al. Synergistic effect of thrombin and CD40 ligand on endothelial matrix metalloproteinase-10 expression and microparticle generation in vitro and in vivo. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:1477-87 pubmed publisher..Thrombin/CD40L elicited a strong synergistic effect on endothelial MMP-10 expression and microparticles containing MMP-10 in vitro and in vivo, which may represent a new link between inflammation/thrombosis with prognostic implications. ..
- Chin J, Werb Z. Matrix metalloproteinases regulate morphogenesis, migration and remodeling of epithelium, tongue skeletal muscle and cartilage in the mandibular arch. Development. 1997;124:1519-30 pubmed..Our data suggest that matrix metalloproteinases play a pivotal role in the morphogenesis of structures derived from epithelium (oral sulcus), cranial paraxial mesoderm (tongue) and cranial neural crest (Meckel's cartilage). ..
- Sanz L, Moscat J, Diaz Meco M. Molecular characterization of a novel transcription factor that controls stromelysin expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:3164-70 pubmed..Therefore, the results presented here identify a novel transcription factor critically involved in the control of stromelysin expression. ..
- Justilien V, Regala R, Tseng I, Walsh M, Batra J, Radisky E, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-10 is required for lung cancer stem cell maintenance, tumor initiation and metastatic potential. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35040 pubmed publisher..Here we reveal an unexpected role for Mmp10 (stromelysin 2) in the maintenance and tumorigenicity of mouse lung cancer stem-like cells (CSC)...
- Boyd S, Virolainen S, Pärssinen J, Skoog T, van Hogerlinden M, Latonen L, et al. MMP-10 (Stromelysin-2) and MMP-21 in human and murine squamous cell cancer. Exp Dermatol. 2009;18:1044-52 pubmed publisher..MMP-21 does not associate with invasion of SCC but may be involved in keratinocyte differentiation...
- Bobadilla M, Sainz N, Abizanda G, Orbe J, Rodriguez J, Páramo J, et al. The CXCR4/SDF1 axis improves muscle regeneration through MMP-10 activity. Stem Cells Dev. 2014;23:1417-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings support a model in which MMP-10 activity modulates CXCR4/SDF1 signaling, which is essential for efficient skeletal muscle regeneration. ..
- Kheradmand F, Rishi K, Werb Z. Signaling through the EGF receptor controls lung morphogenesis in part by regulating MT1-MMP-mediated activation of gelatinase A/MMP2. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:839-48 pubmed..MT1-MMP is, in turn, necessary for activation of MMP-2, a mesenchymal enzyme that is required for normal lung morphogenesis. ..
- Johansson N, Ahonen M, Kahari V. Matrix metalloproteinases in tumor invasion. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2000;57:5-15 pubmed..In this review, we discuss the current concept concerning the role of MMPs and their inhibitors in tumor invasion, as a basis for prognosis and targeted therapeutic intervention in cancer. ..
- Bobadilla M, Sainz N, Rodriguez J, Abizanda G, Orbe J, de Martino A, et al. MMP-10 is required for efficient muscle regeneration in mouse models of injury and muscular dystrophy. Stem Cells. 2014;32:447-61 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data suggest that MMP-10-mediated muscle repair is associated with VEGF/Akt signaling. Thus, our findings indicate that MMP-10 is critical for skeletal muscle maintenance and regeneration during injury and disease. ..
- GarcÃa Irigoyen O, Latasa M, Carotti S, Uriarte I, Elizalde M, Urtasun R, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 10 contributes to hepatocarcinogenesis in a novel crosstalk with the stromal derived factor 1/C-X-C chemokine receptor 4 axis. Hepatology. 2015;62:166-78 pubmed publisher..Previously, we reported on a key role for MMP10 in mouse liver regeneration...
- Vandivort T, Birkland T, Domiciano T, Mitra S, Kavanagh T, Parks W. Stromelysin-2 (MMP-10) facilitates clearance and moderates inflammation and cell death following lung exposure to long multiwalled carbon nanotubes. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:1019-1031 pubmed publisher..MMP-10) has roles in modulating macrophage activation and function, and hence, we used an MMP-10 null (Mmp10-/-) mouse model to assess its role in controlling lung responses to inhaled long MWCNTs...
- Heo S, Choi Y, Ryoo H, Cho J. Expression profiling of ETS and MMP factors in VEGF-activated endothelial cells: role of MMP-10 in VEGF-induced angiogenesis. J Cell Physiol. 2010;224:734-42 pubmed publisher..The elevation of MMP10 mRNA and protein levels was confirmed to be both time- and dosage-dependent...
- Gack S, Vallon R, Schaper J, Ruther U, Angel P. Phenotypic alterations in fos-transgenic mice correlate with changes in Fos/Jun-dependent collagenase type I expression. Regulation of mouse metalloproteinases by carcinogens, tumor promoters, cAMP, and Fos oncoprotein. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:10363-9 pubmed..These results identify collagenase I as a Fos-regulated gene in vivo and suggest a possible role for Fos/Jun heterodimers in establishing the pathological phenotype of c-fos transgenic mice. ..
- Koller F, Dozier E, Nam K, Swee M, Birkland T, Parks W, et al. Lack of MMP10 exacerbates experimental colitis and promotes development of inflammation-associated colonic dysplasia. Lab Invest. 2012;92:1749-59 pubmed publisher..Here, we focus on a single MMP family member, MMP10, and assess its role in a murine model of colonic tissue damage induced by dextran sulfate sodium (DSS) treatment...
- Schlage P, Egli F, Nanni P, Wang L, Kizhakkedathu J, Apte S, et al. Time-resolved analysis of the matrix metalloproteinase 10 substrate degradome. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2014;13:580-93 pubmed publisher..By applying this strategy to dissect the matrix metalloproteinase 10 (MMP10) substrate degradome in fibroblast secretomes, we identified the extracellular matrix protein ..
- Gomez Rodriguez V, Orbe J, Martinez Aguilar E, Rodriguez J, Fernández Alonso L, Serneels J, et al. Functional MMP-10 is required for efficient tissue repair after experimental hind limb ischemia. FASEB J. 2015;29:960-72 pubmed publisher..muscle repair after ischemia using a model of femoral artery excision in wild-type (WT) and MMP-10 deficient (Mmp10(-/-)) mice...
- Rohani M, McMahan R, Razumova M, Hertz A, Cieslewicz M, Pun S, et al. MMP-10 Regulates Collagenolytic Activity of Alternatively Activated Resident Macrophages. J Invest Dermatol. 2015;135:2377-2384 pubmed publisher..We observed increased collagen deposition and skin stiffness in Mmp10(-/-) wounds, with no difference in collagen expression or reepithelialization...
- Kim S, Lee J, Cho W, Cho K, Sakong J, Kim J, et al. Role of NADPH oxidase-2 in lipopolysaccharide-induced matrix metalloproteinase expression and cell migration. Immunol Cell Biol. 2010;88:197-204 pubmed publisher..MMP-9 expression and cell migration were controlled by ERK1/2-ROS signaling. Collectively, these results suggest that LPS stimulates ROS production via ERK and induce various types of MMPs expression and cell migration. ..
- Perez S, Cano D, Dao Pick T, Rougier J, Werb Z, Hebrok M. Matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 are dispensable for pancreatic islet formation and function in vivo. Diabetes. 2005;54:694-701 pubmed..However, islet formation is unaffected in transgenic mice with modified tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP1) levels, suggesting that MMP activity may contribute little to islet morphogenesis in vivo. ..
- Gharib S, Loth D, Soler Artigas M, Birkland T, Wilk J, Wain L, et al. Integrative pathway genomics of lung function and airflow obstruction. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:6836-48 pubmed publisher..Network analysis of the ECM module implicated a candidate gene, matrix metalloproteinase 10 (MMP10), as a putative disease target...
- Sympson C, Talhouk R, Alexander C, Chin J, Clift S, Bissell M, et al. Targeted expression of stromelysin-1 in mammary gland provides evidence for a role of proteinases in branching morphogenesis and the requirement for an intact basement membrane for tissue-specific gene expression. J Cell Biol. 1994;125:681-93 pubmed..We conclude that the balance of ECM-degrading enzymes with their inhibitors, and the associated regulation of ECM structure, is crucial for tissue-specific gene expression and morphogenesis in vivo. ..
- Murray M, Birkland T, Howe J, Rowan A, Fidock M, Parks W, et al. Macrophage migration and invasion is regulated by MMP10 expression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63555 pubmed publisher..identify metalloproteinase determinants of macrophage migration and led to the specific hypothesis that matrix metalloproteinase 10 (MMP10/stromelysin-2) facilitates macrophage migration...
- Balbin M, Fueyo A, Knauper V, Lopez J, Alvarez J, Sanchez L, et al. Identification and enzymatic characterization of two diverging murine counterparts of human interstitial collagenase (MMP-1) expressed at sites of embryo implantation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:10253-62 pubmed
- Rudolph Owen L, Hulboy D, Wilson C, Mudgett J, Matrisian L. Coordinate expression of matrix metalloproteinase family members in the uterus of normal, matrilysin-deficient, and stromelysin-1-deficient mice. Endocrinology. 1997;138:4902-11 pubmed