Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mirlet7a-1
Description: microRNA let7a-1
Alias: Let-7a, Mirnlet7a, Mirnlet7a-1
- Makino K, Jinnin M, Hirano A, Yamane K, Eto M, Kusano T, et al. The downregulation of microRNA let-7a contributes to the excessive expression of type I collagen in systemic and localized scleroderma. J Immunol. 2013;190:3905-15 pubmed publisher..p. miRNA injection improved the skin fibrosis induced by bleomycin in mice. Investigation of more detailed mechanisms of miRNA-mediated regulation of collagen expression may lead to new therapeutic approaches against SSc and LSc. ..
- Juhász K, Gombos K, Szirmai M, Revesz P, Magda I, Gocze K, et al. DMBA induces deregulation of miRNA expression of let-7, miR-21 and miR-146a in CBA/CA mice. In Vivo. 2012;26:113-7 pubmed..The altered micro-RNA expression can be regarded as an early effect of exposure to chemical carcinogens. To our knowledge, this is the first study of miRNA modulation caused by DMBA in non-malignant tissues. ..
- Frost R, Olson E. Control of glucose homeostasis and insulin sensitivity by the Let-7 family of microRNAs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:21075-80 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our Cre-inducible Let-7-transgenic mice provide a unique model for studying tissue-specific aspects of body growth and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Chen P, Su J, Cha S, Tarn W, Wang M, Hsu H, et al. miR-107 promotes tumor progression by targeting the let-7 microRNA in mice and humans. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:3442-55 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we have identified an oncogenic role for miR-107 and provide evidence of a transregulational interaction among miRNAs in human cancer development. ..
- Zhang Z, Lu J, Guo G, Yang Y, Dong S, Liu Y, et al. IKBKE promotes glioblastoma progression by establishing the regulatory feedback loop of IKBKE/YAP1/miR-Let-7b/i. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705575 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the regulatory feedback circuit of IKBKE??YAP1??miR-let-7b/i??IKBKE? dictates glioblastoma progression. Thus, we propose that blocking the circuit may be a new therapeutic strategy for the treatment of glioblastoma. ..
- Isanejad A, Alizadeh A, Amani Shalamzari S, Khodayari H, Khodayari S, Khori V, et al. MicroRNA-206, let-7a and microRNA-21 pathways involved in the anti-angiogenesis effects of the interval exercise training and hormone therapy in breast cancer. Life Sci. 2016;151:30-40 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that miR-21, miR-206 and let-7a pathways may involve in the anti-angiogenesis effects of the interval exercise training with hormone therapy in mice model of breast tumor. ..
- Zhang M, Sun D, Li S, Pan X, Zhang X, Zhu D, et al. Lin28a protects against cardiac ischaemia/reperfusion injury in diabetic mice through the insulin-PI3K-mTOR pathway. J Cell Mol Med. 2015;19:1174-82 pubmed publisher..The mechanism responsible for the effects of lin28a is associated with the insulin-PI3K-mTOR dependent pathway. ..
- Shishodia G, Verma G, Srivastava Y, Mehrotra R, Das B, Bharti A. Deregulation of microRNAs Let-7a and miR-21 mediate aberrant STAT3 signaling during human papillomavirus-induced cervical carcinogenesis: role of E6 oncoprotein. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:996 pubmed publisher..miR-21 and Let-7a along with STAT3 may prove useful targets for pharmacological intervention for management of cervical cancer. ..
- Liu W, Pang R, Cheong A, Ng E, Lao K, Lee K, et al. Involvement of microRNA lethal-7a in the regulation of embryo implantation in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37039 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first direct evidence that let-7a is involved in regulating the implantation process partly via modulation of the expression of integrin-?3. ..
- Kumar M, Ahmad T, Sharma A, Mabalirajan U, Kulshreshtha A, Agrawal A, et al. Let-7 microRNA-mediated regulation of IL-13 and allergic airway inflammation. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;128:1077-85.e1-10 pubmed publisher..Let-7 microRNAs inhibit IL-13 expression and represent a major regulatory mechanism for modulating IL-13 secretion in IL-13-producing cell types and thereby T(H)2 inflammation. ..
- Arora A, Guduric Fuchs J, Harwood L, Dellett M, Cogliati T, Simpson D. Prediction of microRNAs affecting mRNA expression during retinal development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:1 pubmed publisher..Misregulation of these miRNAs might contribute to retinal degeneration and disease. Conversely, manipulation of their expression could potentially be used as a therapeutic tool in the future. ..
- Beaudoin S, Vanderperre B, Grenier C, Tremblay I, Leduc F, Roucou X. A large ribonucleoprotein particle induced by cytoplasmic PrP shares striking similarities with the chromatoid body, an RNA granule predicted to function in posttranscriptional gene regulation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:335-45 pubmed publisher
- Shenoy A, Danial M, Blelloch R. Let-7 and miR-125 cooperate to prime progenitors for astrogliogenesis. EMBO J. 2015;34:1180-94 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into the microRNAs and the genes they regulate in this important cell fate transition. ..
- Gurtan A, Ravi A, Rahl P, Bosson A, Jnbaptiste C, Bhutkar A, et al. Let-7 represses Nr6a1 and a mid-gestation developmental program in adult fibroblasts. Genes Dev. 2013;27:941-54 pubmed publisher..In total, let-7 is required for the continual suppression of embryonic gene expression in adult cells, a mechanism that may underlie its tumor-suppressive function. ..
- Otsuka M, Jing Q, Georgel P, New L, Chen J, Mols J, et al. Hypersusceptibility to vesicular stomatitis virus infection in Dicer1-deficient mice is due to impaired miR24 and miR93 expression. Immunity. 2007;27:123-34 pubmed..Our data suggest that host miRNA can play a role in host interactions with viruses. ..
- Balzer E, Heine C, Jiang Q, Lee V, Moss E. LIN28 alters cell fate succession and acts independently of the let-7 microRNA during neurogliogenesis in vitro. Development. 2010;137:891-900 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the role of LIN28 in cell fate succession in vertebrate cells is analogous to its activity as a developmental timing regulator in C. elegans. ..
- Zhong X, Li N, Liang S, Huang Q, Coukos G, Zhang L. Identification of microRNAs regulating reprogramming factor LIN28 in embryonic stem cells and cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41961-71 pubmed publisher..Global down-regulation of these miRNAs may be one of the mechanisms of LIN28 reactivation in human cancers. ..
- Polikepahad S, Knight J, Naghavi A, Oplt T, Creighton C, Shaw C, et al. Proinflammatory role for let-7 microRNAS in experimental asthma. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30139-49 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus reveal unexpected complexity in the miRNAome underlying allergic lung disease and demonstrate a proinflammatory role for let-7 miRNAs. ..
- Melton C, Judson R, Blelloch R. Opposing microRNA families regulate self-renewal in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nature. 2010;463:621-6 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings show how the ESCC and let-7 miRNAs act through common pathways to alternatively stabilize the self-renewing versus differentiated cell fates. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang X, Zhong M, Zhang M, Suo Q, Lv K. MicroRNA let-7a ameliorates con A-induced hepatitis by inhibiting IL-6-dependent Th17 cell differentiation. J Clin Immunol. 2013;33:630-9 pubmed publisher..let-7a was further found to inhibit Th17 differentiation by downregulating IL-6 secretion. It may represent as a novel therapeutic strategy in treating immune-mediated inflammatory hepatitis. ..
- Sasaguri H, Mitani T, Anzai M, Kubodera T, Saito Y, Yamada H, et al. Silencing efficiency differs among tissues and endogenous microRNA pathway is preserved in short hairpin RNA transgenic mice. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:213-8 pubmed publisher..Neither endogenous miRNAs nor their target gene levels were altered, indicating the preservation of endogenous miRNA pathways. We think that the shRNA transgenic mice can be utilized for gene analysis. ..
- Pan Y, Balazs L, Tigyi G, Yue J. Conditional deletion of Dicer in vascular smooth muscle cells leads to the developmental delay and embryonic mortality. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;408:369-74 pubmed publisher..5. Expression of most miRNAs examined was compromised in VSMCs of Dicer KO. Our results indicate that Dicer is required for vascular development and regulates vascular remodeling by modulating VSMC proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Hagan J, Piskounova E, Gregory R. Lin28 recruits the TUTase Zcchc11 to inhibit let-7 maturation in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:1021-5 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a role for Zcchc11-catalyzed pre-let-7 uridylation in the control of miRNA biogenesis. ..
- Nicklas S, Okawa S, Hillje A, GonzÃ¡lez Cano L, del Sol A, Schwamborn J. The RNA helicase DDX6 regulates cell-fate specification in neural stem cells via miRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:2638-54 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we provide evidence that DDX6 is necessary and sufficient for neuronal differentiation and that it functions in cooperation with TRIM32. ..
- Yi R, O Carroll D, Pasolli H, Zhang Z, Dietrich F, Tarakhovsky A, et al. Morphogenesis in skin is governed by discrete sets of differentially expressed microRNAs. Nat Genet. 2006;38:356-62 pubmed..Here we characterize miRNAs in skin, the existence of which was hitherto unappreciated, and demonstrate their differential expression and importance in the morphogenesis of epithelial tissues within this vital organ. ..
- Yu H, Sun H, Wang Z, Liu Y. MicroRNA let-7a up-regulates OPN expression in a mouse model of allergic rhinitis. J Laryngol Otol. 2017;131:955-960 pubmed publisher..05). In addition, microRNA let-7a treated mice had significantly enhanced OPN expression in nasal mucosa (p < 0.05). MicroRNA let-7a can promote allergic rhinitis development partly by regulating OPN expression. ..
- Yu Y, Liao L, Shao B, Su X, Shuai Y, Wang H, et al. Knockdown of MicroRNA Let-7a Improves the Functionality of Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Immunotherapy. Mol Ther. 2017;25:480-493 pubmed publisher..With high safety and convenience, knockdown of let-7a is a potential strategy to improve MSC therapy for inflammatory diseases in clinic. ..
- Liu K, Zhang C, Li T, Ding Y, Tu T, Zhou F, et al. Let-7a inhibits growth and migration of breast cancer cells by targeting HMGA1. Int J Oncol. 2015;46:2526-34 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that let-7a plays an important role as a tumor suppressor gene by targeting HMGA1, which may open novel perspectives for clinical treatments against breast cancer. ..
- Yang Y, Ago T, Zhai P, Abdellatif M, Sadoshima J. Thioredoxin 1 negatively regulates angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy through upregulation of miR-98/let-7. Circ Res. 2011;108:305-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Trx1 upregulates expression of the let-7 family, including miR-98, which in turn inhibits cardiac hypertrophy, in part through downregulation of cyclin D2. ..
- Seeger T, Xu Q, Muhly Reinholz M, Fischer A, Kremp E, Zeiher A, et al. Inhibition of let-7 augments the recruitment of epicardial cells and improves cardiac function after myocardial infarction. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;94:145-152 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, let-7 inhibition resulted in functional benefits due to an increase in recruitment of epicardial cells and EMT. ..
- Colas A, McKeithan W, Cunningham T, Bushway P, Garmire L, Duester G, et al. Whole-genome microRNA screening identifies let-7 and mir-18 as regulators of germ layer formation during early embryogenesis. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2567-79 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a crucial role for the let-7 and miR-18 families in germ layer specification and reveal a remarkable conservation of function from amphibians to mammals. ..
- Wu L, Nguyen L, Zhou K, de Soysa T, Li L, Miller J, et al. Precise let-7 expression levels balance organ regeneration against tumor suppression. elife. 2015;4:e09431 pubmed publisher..These dose-dependent roles for let-7 in tissue repair and tumorigenesis rationalize the tight regulation of this microRNA in development, and have important implications for let-7 based therapeutics. ..
- Liu H, Huang C, Hung Y, Hsueh Y. The microRNAs Let7c and miR21 are recognized by neuronal Toll-like receptor 7 to restrict dendritic growth of neurons. Exp Neurol. 2015;269:202-12 pubmed publisher..Neuronal innate immune responses may influence neurodevelopment and neurodegeneration through the regulation of neuronal morphology. ..
- Inyawilert W, Fu T, Lin C, Tang P. Let-7-mediated suppression of mucin 1 expression in the mouse uterus during embryo implantation. J Reprod Dev. 2015;61:138-44 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the current study suggests that miRNAs are novel targets which can be used to facilitate a successful pregnancy and repair implantation failure. ..
- Chafin C, Regna N, Dai R, Caudell D, Reilly C. MicroRNA-let-7a expression is increased in the mesangial cells of NZB/W mice and increases IL-6 production in vitro. Autoimmunity. 2013;46:351-62 pubmed publisher..Further studies examining the role of let-7a expression in inflammation are warranted. ..
- Song J, Cho K, Oh Y, Lee J. Let7a involves in neural stem cell differentiation relating with TLX level. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;462:396-401 pubmed publisher..Our data showed that let7a play important roles in controlling NSC fate determination. Thus, manipulating Let-7A and TLX could be a novel strategy to enhance the efficiency of NSC's neuronal differentiation for CNS disorders. ..
- Flemr M, Moravec M, Libova V, Sedlacek R, Svoboda P. Lin28a is dormant, functional, and dispensable during mouse oocyte-to-embryo transition. Biol Reprod. 2014;90:131 pubmed publisher..Our data imply dual repression of Let-7 during OET in the mouse model, the selective suppression of Let-7 biogenesis by Lin28 homologs superimposed on previously reported global suppression of miRNA activity. ..
- Petri R, Pircs K, Jönsson M, Akerblom M, Brattås P, Klussendorf T, et al. let-7 regulates radial migration of new-born neurons through positive regulation of autophagy. EMBO J. 2017;36:1379-1391 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results reveal a miRNA-dependent link between autophagy and adult neurogenesis with implications for neurodegenerative diseases where these processes are impaired. ..
- Song J, Yoon S, Kim O. miR-Let7A Controls the Cell Death and Tight Junction Density of Brain Endothelial Cells under High Glucose Condition. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2017;2017:6051874 pubmed publisher..In the future, the manipulation of miR-Let7A may be a novel solution in controlling BBB disruption which leads to the central nervous system diseases. ..
- Beckers A, Van Peer G, Carter D, Mets E, Althoff K, Cheung B, et al. MYCN-targeting miRNAs are predominantly downregulated during MYCNâ€‘driven neuroblastoma tumor formation. Oncotarget. 2015;6:5204-16 pubmed..Therefore, we provide evidence that MYCN-targeting miRNAs are preferentially downregulated in MYCN-driven neuroblastoma, suggesting that MYCN negatively controls the expression of these miRNAs, to safeguard its expression. ..
- Mizuno Y, Tokuzawa Y, Ninomiya Y, Yagi K, Yatsuka Kanesaki Y, Suda T, et al. miR-210 promotes osteoblastic differentiation through inhibition of AcvR1b. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2263-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-210 acts as a positive regulator of osteoblastic differentiation by inhibiting the TGF-beta/activin signaling pathway through inhibition of AcvR1b. ..
- Rybak A, Fuchs H, Hadian K, Smirnova L, Wulczyn E, Michel G, et al. The let-7 target gene mouse lin-41 is a stem cell specific E3 ubiquitin ligase for the miRNA pathway protein Ago2. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:1411-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, mLin41 cooperated with the pluripotency factor Lin-28 in suppressing let-7 activity, revealing a dual control mechanism regulating let-7 in stem cells. ..
- Sun T, Fu M, Bookout A, Kliewer S, Mangelsdorf D. MicroRNA let-7 regulates 3T3-L1 adipogenesis. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:925-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that let-7 plays an important role in adipocyte differentiation and that it does so in part by targeting HMGA2, thereby regulating the transition from clonal expansion to terminal differentiation. ..
- Maldotti M, Incarnato D, Neri F, Krepelova A, Rapelli S, Anselmi F, et al. The long intergenic non-coding RNA CCR492 functions as a let-7 competitive endogenous RNA to regulate c-Myc expression. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1859:1322-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identified a new lincRNA expressed as an early gene in mammalian cells to regulate the cell-cycle progression by upregulating c-Myc expression. ..
- Seifer B, Su D, Taylor H. Circulating miRNAs in Murine Experimental Endometriosis. Reprod Sci. 2017;24:376-381 pubmed publisher..Diminished circulating let-7 implies a complex regulation that potentially involves multiple organs. Further investigation is necessary to determine the functional roles of let-7 miRNAs in this disease. ..
- Mansfield J, Harfe B, Nissen R, Obenauer J, Srineel J, Chaudhuri A, et al. MicroRNA-responsive 'sensor' transgenes uncover Hox-like and other developmentally regulated patterns of vertebrate microRNA expression. Nat Genet. 2004;36:1079-83 pubmed..Furthermore, miR-196a negatively regulates Hoxb8, indicating that its restricted expression pattern probably reflects a role in the patterning function of the Hox complex. ..