Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir96
Description: microRNA 96
Alias: Mirn96, mmu-mir-96
- Zhu Q, Sun W, Okano K, Chen Y, Zhang N, Maeda T, et al. Sponge transgenic mouse model reveals important roles for the microRNA-183 (miR-183)/96/182 cluster in postmitotic photoreceptors of the retina. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:31749-60 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates a clear involvement of miRs in the physiology of postmitotic cells in vivo. ..
- Muraleedharan C, McClellan S, Barrett R, Li C, Montenegro D, Carion T, et al. Inactivation of the miR-183/96/182 Cluster Decreases the Severity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa-Induced Keratitis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:1506-17 pubmed publisher..MicroRNA-183/96/182 modulates the corneal response to bacterial infection through its regulation of corneal innervation and innate immunity. ..
- Pandey P, Qin S, Ho J, Zhou J, Kreidberg J. Systems biology approach to identify transcriptome reprogramming and candidate microRNA targets during the progression of polycystic kidney disease. BMC Syst Biol. 2011;5:56 pubmed publisher..miRNAs are small, regulatory non-coding RNAs, implicated in a wide spectrum of biological processes. Their expression levels are altered in several diseases including kidney cancer, diabetic nephropathy and PKD...
- Kumar A, Kopra J, Varendi K, Porokuokka L, Panhelainen A, Kuure S, et al. GDNF Overexpression from the Native Locus Reveals its Role in the Nigrostriatal Dopaminergic System Function. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005710 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results suggest that 3'UTR targeting may constitute a useful tool in analyzing gene function. ..
- Krol J, Busskamp V, Markiewicz I, Stadler M, Ribi S, Richter J, et al. Characterizing light-regulated retinal microRNAs reveals rapid turnover as a common property of neuronal microRNAs. Cell. 2010;141:618-31 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that microRNA metabolism in neurons is higher than in most other cells types and linked to neuronal activity. ..
- Chen J, Johnson S, Lewis M, Hilton J, Huma A, Marcotti W, et al. A reduction in Ptprq associated with specific features of the deafness phenotype of the miR-96 mutant mouse diminuendo. Eur J Neurosci. 2014;39:744-56 pubmed publisher..The reduction in Ptprq observed in diminuendo mice appears to be a major contributor to the morphological, transcriptional and electrophysiological phenotype, but does not account for the complete diminuendo phenotype. ..
- Sacheli R, Nguyen L, Borgs L, Vandenbosch R, Bodson M, Lefebvre P, et al. Expression patterns of miR-96, miR-182 and miR-183 in the development inner ear. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:364-70 pubmed publisher..Strikingly we found that the expression of mR-96, mR-182 and mR-183 was highly dynamic during the development of the cochlea, from the patterning to the differentiation of the main cochlear structures. ..
- Real F, Sekido R, Lupiáñez D, Lovell Badge R, Jimenez R, Burgos M. A microRNA (mmu-miR-124) prevents Sox9 expression in developing mouse ovarian cells. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:78 pubmed publisher..The miRNA microarray data reported here will help promote further research in this field, to unravel the role of other miRNAs in the genetic control of mammalian sex determination. ..
- Jahan I, Pan N, Kersigo J, Calisto L, Morris K, Kopecky B, et al. Expression of Neurog1 instead of Atoh1 can partially rescue organ of Corti cell survival. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30853 pubmed publisher..In contrast to the previously demonstrated fate plasticity of neurons to differentiate as hair cells, hair cell precursors can be maintained for a limited time by Neurog1 but do not transdifferentiate as neurons. ..
- Jeon T, Esquejo R, Roqueta Rivera M, Phelan P, Moon Y, Govindarajan S, et al. An SREBP-responsive microRNA operon contributes to a regulatory loop for intracellular lipid homeostasis. Cell Metab. 2013;18:51-61 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal an miRNA "operon" analogous to the classic model for genetic control in bacterial regulatory systems. ..
- Thoenes M, Zimmermann U, Ebermann I, Ptok M, Lewis M, Thiele H, et al. OSBPL2 encodes a protein of inner and outer hair cell stereocilia and is mutated in autosomal dominant hearing loss (DFNA67). Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2015;10:15 pubmed publisher..Because Osbpl2 has been proposed as a target of miR-96, we investigated homozygous Mir96 mutant mice for its upregulation...
- Krol J, Krol I, Alvarez C, Fiscella M, Hierlemann A, Roska B, et al. A network comprising short and long noncoding RNAs and RNA helicase controls mouse retina architecture. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7305 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the precise timing of glia-neuron interaction controlled by noncoding RNAs and Ddx3x is important for the even distribution of cells across layers. ..
- Yang Y, Xie Y, Wu M, Geng Y, Li R, Xu L, et al. Expression of mmu-miR-96 in the endometrium during early pregnancy and its regulatory effects on stromal cell apoptosis via Bcl2. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:1547-1554 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study suggested that mmu?miR?96 participates in the decidualization of endometrial stromal cells in mice, thereby serving a key role in pregnancy. ..
- Wang J, Bai Y, Li N, Ye W, Zhang M, Greene S, et al. Pitx2-microRNA pathway that delimits sinoatrial node development and inhibits predisposition to atrial fibrillation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:9181-6 pubmed publisher..Together, to our knowledge, these findings provide the first genetic evidence for an miR loss-of-function that increases atrial fibrillation susceptibility. ..
- Lewis M, Buniello A, Hilton J, Zhu F, Zhang W, Evans S, et al. Exploring regulatory networks of miR-96 in the developing inner ear. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23363 pubmed publisherMutations in the microRNA Mir96 cause deafness in mice and humans...
- Yang W, Min K, Lee W. Induction of miR-96 by Dietary Saturated Fatty Acids Exacerbates Hepatic Insulin Resistance through the Suppression of INSR and IRS-1. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0169039 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel mechanism whereby miR-96 promotes the pathogenesis of hepatic insulin resistance resulted from SFA or obesity. ..
- Fan J, Jia L, Li Y, Ebrahim S, May Simera H, Wood A, et al. Maturation arrest in early postnatal sensory receptors by deletion of the miR-183/96/182 cluster in mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E4271-E4280 pubmed publisher..Our study thus establishes a dedicated role of the miR-183/96/182 cluster in driving the terminal differentiation of multiple sensory receptor cells. ..
- Zhou Y, Xiang Z, Li D, Han X. Regulation of microcystin-LR-induced toxicity in mouse spermatogonia by miR-96. Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:6383-90 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested a crucial role for miR-96 in the regulation of cytotoxic effects of MC-LR in spermatogonia, which provides new perspectives in the diagnosis and treatment strategies for MC-induced male infertility. ..
- Gu C, Li X, Tan Q, Wang Z, Chen L, Liu Y. MiR-183 family regulates chloride intracellular channel 5 expression in inner ear hair cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2013;27:486-91 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus suggest that CLIC5 is directly regulated by miR-96 and miR-182 and that the target sequence in this regard is located between nucleotides 760-766 within the CLIC5 3'-UTR. ..