Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir92-2
Description: microRNA 92-2
- Chen J, Huang Z, Seok H, Ding J, Kataoka M, Zhang Z, et al. mir-17-92 cluster is required for and sufficient to induce cardiomyocyte proliferation in postnatal and adult hearts. Circ Res. 2013;112:1557-66 pubmed publisher..Our studies therefore identify miR-17-92 as a critical regulator of cardiomyocyte proliferation, and suggest this cluster of microRNAs could become therapeutic targets for cardiac repair and heart regeneration. ..
- Jevnaker A, Khuu C, Kjøle E, Bryne M, Osmundsen H. Expression of members of the miRNA17-92 cluster during development and in carcinogenesis. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:2257-66 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the six microRNAs exhibit variable tissue expression, suggesting selective processing of these microRNAs. ..
- Jin J, Kim S, Liu X, Zhang H, Zhang C, Seo J, et al. miR-17-92 Cluster Regulates Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis, Anxiety, and Depression. Cell Rep. 2016;16:1653-1663 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers a crucial role for miR-17-92 in adult neural progenitors through regulation of neurogenesis and anxiety- and depression-like behaviors. ..
- Li L, Shi J, Zhu G, Shi B. MiR-17-92 cluster regulates cell proliferation and collagen synthesis by targeting TGFB pathway in mouse palatal mesenchymal cells. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:1235-44 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that miR-17-92 cluster could inhibit TGFB pathway induced proliferation inhibition and collagen synthesis in PMCs by directly targeting TGFBR2, SMAD2, and SMAD4. ..
- Pernaute B, Spruce T, Smith K, SÃ¡nchez Nieto J, Manzanares M, Cobb B, et al. MicroRNAs control the apoptotic threshold in primed pluripotent stem cells through regulation of BIM. Genes Dev. 2014;28:1873-8 pubmed publisher..These families therefore represent an essential buffer needed to maintain cell survival in stem cells that are primed for not only differentiation but also cell death. ..
- de Pontual L, Yao E, Callier P, Faivre L, Drouin V, Cariou S, et al. Germline deletion of the miR-17?92 cluster causes skeletal and growth defects in humans. Nat Genet. 2011;43:1026-30 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a regulatory function for miR-17?92 in growth and skeletal development and represent the first example of an miRNA gene responsible for a syndromic developmental defect in humans. ..
- Jiang C, Ji N, Luo G, Ni S, Zong J, Chen Z, et al. The effects and mechanism of miR-92a and miR-126 on myocardial apoptosis in mouse ischemia-reperfusion model. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2014;70:1901-6 pubmed publisher..The change of miR-92a was in accordance with AI of myocardial cells. However, the change of miR-126 is in contrary with AI of myocardial cells, which may be related to the HSP70 expression in myocardial cells. ..