Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir92-1
Description: microRNA 92-1
- Jin J, Kim S, Liu X, Zhang H, Zhang C, Seo J, et al. miR-17-92 Cluster Regulates Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis, Anxiety, and Depression. Cell Rep. 2016;16:1653-1663 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers a crucial role for miR-17-92 in adult neural progenitors through regulation of neurogenesis and anxiety- and depression-like behaviors. ..
- Li L, Shi J, Zhu G, Shi B. MiR-17-92 cluster regulates cell proliferation and collagen synthesis by targeting TGFB pathway in mouse palatal mesenchymal cells. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:1235-44 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that miR-17-92 cluster could inhibit TGFB pathway induced proliferation inhibition and collagen synthesis in PMCs by directly targeting TGFBR2, SMAD2, and SMAD4. ..
- PÃ¡rrizas M, Brugnara L, Esteban Y, GonzÃ¡lez Franquesa A, Canivell S, Murillo S, et al. Circulating miR-192 and miR-193b are markers of prediabetes and are modulated by an exercise intervention. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015;100:E407-15 pubmed publisher..This circulating miRNA signature for prediabetes could be used as a new diagnostic tool, as well as to monitor response to intervention. ..
- Pan Y, Balazs L, Tigyi G, Yue J. Conditional deletion of Dicer in vascular smooth muscle cells leads to the developmental delay and embryonic mortality. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;408:369-74 pubmed publisher..5. Expression of most miRNAs examined was compromised in VSMCs of Dicer KO. Our results indicate that Dicer is required for vascular development and regulates vascular remodeling by modulating VSMC proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Cui W, Ma J, Wang Y, Biswal S. Plasma miRNA as biomarkers for assessment of total-body radiation exposure dosimetry. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22988 pubmed publisher..Thus, plasma-based biomarkers can be used to assess radiation exposure after mass-casualty incidents, and it may provide a valuable tool in developing and implementing effective countermeasures. ..
- Pernaute B, Spruce T, Smith K, SÃ¡nchez Nieto J, Manzanares M, Cobb B, et al. MicroRNAs control the apoptotic threshold in primed pluripotent stem cells through regulation of BIM. Genes Dev. 2014;28:1873-8 pubmed publisher..These families therefore represent an essential buffer needed to maintain cell survival in stem cells that are primed for not only differentiation but also cell death. ..
- Penzkofer D, Bonauer A, Fischer A, Tups A, Brandes R, Zeiher A, et al. Phenotypic characterization of miR-92a-/- mice reveals an important function of miR-92a in skeletal development. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e101153 pubmed publisher..Bone density was not affected. These findings demonstrate that deletion of miR-92a is sufficient to induce a developmental skeletal defect. ..
- Henique C, Bollée G, Loyer X, Grahammer F, Dhaun N, Camus M, et al. Genetic and pharmacological inhibition of microRNA-92a maintains podocyte cell cycle quiescence and limits crescentic glomerulonephritis. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1829 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that miRNA induction in epithelial cells can break glomerular tolerance to immune injury. ..
- Jevnaker A, Khuu C, Kjøle E, Bryne M, Osmundsen H. Expression of members of the miRNA17-92 cluster during development and in carcinogenesis. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:2257-66 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the six microRNAs exhibit variable tissue expression, suggesting selective processing of these microRNAs. ..
- Chen J, Huang Z, Seok H, Ding J, Kataoka M, Zhang Z, et al. mir-17-92 cluster is required for and sufficient to induce cardiomyocyte proliferation in postnatal and adult hearts. Circ Res. 2013;112:1557-66 pubmed publisher..Our studies therefore identify miR-17-92 as a critical regulator of cardiomyocyte proliferation, and suggest this cluster of microRNAs could become therapeutic targets for cardiac repair and heart regeneration. ..
- Jiang C, Ji N, Luo G, Ni S, Zong J, Chen Z, et al. The effects and mechanism of miR-92a and miR-126 on myocardial apoptosis in mouse ischemia-reperfusion model. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2014;70:1901-6 pubmed publisher..The change of miR-92a was in accordance with AI of myocardial cells. However, the change of miR-126 is in contrary with AI of myocardial cells, which may be related to the HSP70 expression in myocardial cells. ..
- Deo M, Yu J, Chung K, Tippens M, Turner D. Detection of mammalian microRNA expression by in situ hybridization with RNA oligonucleotides. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2538-48 pubmed..The ability to visualize expression of specific miRNAs in embryos and tissues should aid studies on miRNA function. ..
- Dirkx E, Gladka M, Philippen L, Armand A, Kinet V, Leptidis S, et al. Nfat and miR-25 cooperate to reactivate the transcription factor Hand2 in heart failure. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1282-93 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that signalling cascades integrate with microRNAs to induce the expression of the bHLH transcription factor Hand2 in the postnatal mammalian myocardium with impact on embryonic gene programs in heart failure. ..
- Chen Z, Wu J, Yang C, Fan P, Balazs L, Jiao Y, et al. DiGeorge syndrome critical region 8 (DGCR8) protein-mediated microRNA biogenesis is essential for vascular smooth muscle cell development in mice. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:19018-28 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the DGCR8 gene is required for vascular development through the regulation of VSMC proliferation, apoptosis, and differentiation...
- Yi R, Poy M, Stoffel M, Fuchs E. A skin microRNA promotes differentiation by repressing 'stemness'. Nature. 2008;452:225-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-203 defines a molecular boundary between proliferative basal progenitors and terminally differentiating suprabasal cells, ensuring proper identity of neighbouring layers. ..
- Lu Y, Thomson J, Wong H, Hammond S, Hogan B. Transgenic over-expression of the microRNA miR-17-92 cluster promotes proliferation and inhibits differentiation of lung epithelial progenitor cells. Dev Biol. 2007;310:442-53 pubmed..Together, these studies suggest that mir-17-92 normally promotes the high proliferation and undifferentiated phenotype of lung epithelial progenitor cells. ..
- Serr I, FÃ¼rst R, Ott V, Scherm M, Nikolaev A, GÃ¶kmen F, et al. miRNA92a targets KLF2 and the phosphatase PTEN signaling to promote human T follicular helper precursors in T1D islet autoimmunity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E6659-E6668 pubmed..We therefore propose that miRNA92a and the PTEN-PI3K-KLF2 signaling network could function as targets for innovative precision medicines to reduce T1D islet autoimmunity. ..
- Xiaoling Y, Li Z, ShuQiang L, Shengchao M, Anning Y, Ning D, et al. Hyperhomocysteinemia in ApoE-/- Mice Leads to Overexpression of Enhancer of Zeste Homolog 2 via miR-92a Regulation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0167744 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that EZH2 plays a key role in Hcy-mediated lipid metabolism disorders, and that miR-92a may be a novel therapeutic target in Hcy-related atherosclerosis. ..
- Ries R, Yu W, Holton N, Cao H, Amendt B. Inhibition of the miR-17-92 Cluster Separates Stages of Palatogenesis. J Dent Res. 2017;96:1257-1264 pubmed publisher..The differential regulation of palatogenesis by members of the miR-17-92 cluster indicates that several gene combinations regulate palate elevation and extension during development. ..