Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir9-1
Description: microRNA 9-1
Alias: Mirn9, Mirn9-1, mmu-mir-9-1
- Haramati S, Chapnik E, Sztainberg Y, Eilam R, Zwang R, Gershoni N, et al. miRNA malfunction causes spinal motor neuron disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13111-6 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence for miRNA function in SMN diseases and emphasize the potential role of miR-9-based regulatory mechanisms in adult neurons and neurodegenerative states. ..
- Kuang Y, Liu Q, Shu X, Zhang C, Huang N, Li J, et al. Dicer1 and MiR-9 are required for proper Notch1 signaling and the Bergmann glial phenotype in the developing mouse cerebellum. Glia. 2012;60:1734-46 pubmed publisher..We further identified miR-9 as being differentially expressed in BG and showed that miR-9 is a critical, but not the only, miRNA component of the Notch1 signaling pathway in cultured BG cells. ..
- Han F, Wang C, Yang L, Zhan S, Zhang M, Tian K. Contribution of murine bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells to pancreas regeneration after partial pancreatectomy in mice. Cell Biol Int. 2012;36:823-31 pubmed publisher..BMSCs can therefore be a potential cell bank for treating pancreatic injuries by contributing to a variety of cell types. This process might be related to the expression of miR-9, miR-204 and miR-375. ..
- Tan S, Ohtsuka T, Gonzalez A, Kageyama R. MicroRNA9 regulates neural stem cell differentiation by controlling Hes1 expression dynamics in the developing brain. Genes Cells. 2012;17:952-61 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-9 regulates the proliferation and differentiation of neural stem cells by controlling the dynamics of Hes1 expression in the developing brain. ..
- Han R, Kan Q, Sun Y, Wang S, Zhang G, Peng T, et al. MiR-9 promotes the neural differentiation of mouse bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells via targeting zinc finger protein 521. Neurosci Lett. 2012;515:147-52 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found the expression of Zfp521 declined with the neural differentiation of MSCs, and miR-9 could promote the neural differentiation via targeting Zfp521. ..
- Yan C, Chen J, Li M, Xuan W, Su D, You H, et al. A decrease in hepatic microRNA-9 expression impairs gluconeogenesis by targeting FOXO1 in obese mice. Diabetologia. 2016;59:1524-1532 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that the decrease in miR-9 expression contributes to an inappropriately activated gluconeogenesis in obese mice. ..
- Jing L, Jia Y, Lu J, Han R, Li J, Wang S, et al. MicroRNA-9 promotes differentiation of mouse bone mesenchymal stem cells into neurons by Notch signaling. Neuroreport. 2011;22:206-11 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that microRNA-9 might promote MSC neuronal differentiation by modulating the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Rask L, Fregil M, Høgdall E, Mitchelmore C, Eriksen J. Development of a metastatic fluorescent Lewis Lung carcinoma mouse model: identification of mRNAs and microRNAs involved in tumor invasion. Gene. 2013;517:72-81 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that increases in metalloproteinase expression and impairment of microRNA processing are involved in the acquirement of metastatic ability. ..
- Song J, Kim D, Chun C, Jin E. MicroRNA-9 regulates survival of chondroblasts and cartilage integrity by targeting protogenin. Cell Commun Signal. 2013;11:66 pubmed publisher..This study shows that PRTG is regulated by miR-9, plays an inhibitory action on survival of chondroblasts and articular chondrocytes during chondrogenesis and OA pathogenesis. ..
- Tuncdemir S, Fishell G, Batista Brito R. miRNAs are Essential for the Survival and Maturation of Cortical Interneurons. Cereb Cortex. 2015;25:1842-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results indicate that cIN progenitors require Dicer-dependent mechanisms to fine-tune the migration and maturation of cINs. ..
- Bonev B, Stanley P, Papalopulu N. MicroRNA-9 Modulates Hes1 ultradian oscillations by forming a double-negative feedback loop. Cell Rep. 2012;2:10-8 pubmed publisher..Given that raising miR-9 levels leads to dampening of oscillations, these findings provide support for a self-limiting mechanism whereby cells might terminate Hes1 oscillations and differentiate. ..
- Zhang Z, Liu Z, Jiang B, Lu X, Ning X, Yuan C, et al. BRAF activated non-coding RNA (BANCR) promoting gastric cancer cells proliferation via regulation of NF-ÎºB1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;465:225-31 pubmed publisher..BANCR was highly expressed both in gastric tumor tissues and in cancer cells. NF-ÎºB1 and miR-9 were involved in the role of BANCR in gastric cancer cell growth and apoptosis. ..
- Gong Y, Renigunta V, Himmerkus N, Zhang J, Renigunta A, Bleich M, et al. Claudin-14 regulates renal Ca?? transport in response to CaSR signalling via a novel microRNA pathway. EMBO J. 2012;31:1999-2012 pubmed publisher..The Ca(++) sensing receptor (CaSR) acts upstream of the microRNA-claudin-14 axis. Together, these data have established a key regulatory role for claudin-14 in renal Ca(++) homeostasis. ..
- Li Q, Bian S, Hong J, Kawase Koga Y, Zhu E, Zheng Y, et al. Timing specific requirement of microRNA function is essential for embryonic and postnatal hippocampal development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26000 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies indicate the importance of the Dicer-mediated miRNA pathway in hippocampal development and functions. ..
- Gu X, Fu C, Lin L, Liu S, Su X, Li A, et al. miR-124 and miR-9 mediated downregulation of HDAC5 promotes neurite development through activating MEF2C-GPM6A pathway. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:673-687 pubmed publisher..Thus, HDAC5 emerges as a cellular conductor of MEF2C and M6a activity and is regulated by miR-124 and miR-9 to control neurite development. ..
- Ramachandran D, Roy U, Garg S, Ghosh S, Pathak S, Kolthur Seetharam U. Sirt1 and mir-9 expression is regulated during glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in pancreatic ?-islets. FEBS J. 2011;278:1167-74 pubmed publisher..This functional interplay between insulin secretion, mir-9 and Sirt1 expression could be relevant in diabetes. It also highlights the crosstalk between an NAD-dependent protein deacetylase and microRNA in pancreatic ?-cells. ..
- Dajas Bailador F, Bonev B, Garcez P, Stanley P, Guillemot F, Papalopulu N. microRNA-9 regulates axon extension and branching by targeting Map1b in mouse cortical neurons. Nat Neurosci. 2012;: pubmed publisher..We propose that miR-9 links regulatory signaling processes with dynamic translation mechanisms, controlling Map1b protein levels and axon development. ..
- Liu X, Xu H, Kou J, Wang Q, Zheng X, Yu T. MiR-9 promotes osteoblast differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by inhibiting DKK1 gene expression. Mol Biol Rep. 2016;43:939-46 pubmed publisher..MiR-9 promotes osteoblast differentiation of mesenchymal cell C2C12 by suppressing the gene expression of DKK1. ..
- Wang S, Tang C, Zhang Q, Chen W. Reduced miR-9 and miR-181a expression down-regulates Bim concentration and promote osteoclasts survival. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:2209-18 pubmed
- Wei N, Xiao L, Xue R, Zhang D, Zhou J, Ren H, et al. MicroRNA-9 Mediates the Cell Apoptosis by Targeting Bcl2l11 in Ischemic Stroke. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:6809-6817 pubmed..Finally, we found that the protein level of Bcl2l11 is increased in the MCAO brain and OGD neurons. Our study demonstrated the critical role of miR-9 in the neuronal apoptosis of ischemic brain injury. ..
- Arora A, Guduric Fuchs J, Harwood L, Dellett M, Cogliati T, Simpson D. Prediction of microRNAs affecting mRNA expression during retinal development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:1 pubmed publisher..Misregulation of these miRNAs might contribute to retinal degeneration and disease. Conversely, manipulation of their expression could potentially be used as a therapeutic tool in the future. ..
- Zhao J, Lin Q, Kim K, Dardashti F, Kim J, He F, et al. Ngn1 inhibits astrogliogenesis through induction of miR-9 during neuronal fate specification. elife. 2015;4:e06885 pubmed publisher..This study revealed Ngn1 modulated non-coding RNA epigenetic regulation during cell fate specifications. ..
- Katz S, Cussigh D, Urbán N, Blomfield I, Guillemot F, Bally Cuif L, et al. A Nuclear Role for miR-9 and Argonaute Proteins in Balancing Quiescent and Activated Neural Stem Cell States. Cell Rep. 2016;17:1383-1398 pubmed publisher..We propose a conserved non-canonical role for nuclear miR-9/Agos in controlling the balance between NSC quiescence and activation, a key step in maintaining adult germinal pools. ..
- Kumar A, Kopra J, Varendi K, Porokuokka L, Panhelainen A, Kuure S, et al. GDNF Overexpression from the Native Locus Reveals its Role in the Nigrostriatal Dopaminergic System Function. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005710 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results suggest that 3'UTR targeting may constitute a useful tool in analyzing gene function. ..
- Lin Q, Ponnusamy R, Widagdo J, Choi J, Ge W, Probst C, et al. MicroRNA-mediated disruption of dendritogenesis during a critical period of development influences cognitive capacity later in life. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:9188-9193 pubmed publisher..Our findings not only revealed important regulation of dendritogenesis and synaptogenesis during early brain development but also demonstrated a tight link between these early developmental events and cognitive functions later in life. ..
- Giusti S, Vogl A, Brockmann M, Vercelli C, Rein M, TrÃ¼mbach D, et al. MicroRNA-9 controls dendritic development by targeting REST. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate that miR-9-mediated downregulation of the transcriptional repressor REST is essential for proper dendritic growth. ..
- Jung H, Tu Y, Yang S, Tatar A, Nobumori C, Wu D, et al. New Lmna knock-in mice provide a molecular mechanism for the 'segmental aging' in Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:1506-15 pubmed publisher..The reduced expression of prelamin A in the brain likely explains why children with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (a progeroid syndrome caused by a mutant form of prelamin A) are spared from neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Pappalardo Carter D, Balaraman S, Sathyan P, Carter E, Chen W, Miranda R. Suppression and epigenetic regulation of MiR-9 contributes to ethanol teratology: evidence from zebrafish and murine fetal neural stem cell models. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2013;37:1657-67 pubmed publisher..The implications of these data for the expression and function of mature miR-9 warrant further investigation...
- Clovis Y, Enard W, Marinaro F, Huttner W, De Pietri Tonelli D. Convergent repression of Foxp2 3'UTR by miR-9 and miR-132 in embryonic mouse neocortex: implications for radial migration of neurons. Development. 2012;139:3332-42 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a new layer of control of Foxp2 expression that may be required for proper neuronal maturation. ..
- Zhong X, Li N, Liang S, Huang Q, Coukos G, Zhang L. Identification of microRNAs regulating reprogramming factor LIN28 in embryonic stem cells and cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41961-71 pubmed publisher..Global down-regulation of these miRNAs may be one of the mechanisms of LIN28 reactivation in human cancers. ..
- Tian J, Rui K, Tang X, Ma J, Wang Y, Tian X, et al. MicroRNA-9 Regulates the Differentiation and Function of Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells via Targeting Runx1. J Immunol. 2015;195:1301-11 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the CREB was found to regulate miR-9 expression in MDSCs. Taken together, our findings have identified a critical role of miR-9 in regulating the differentiation and function of MDSCs. ..
- Chen P, Price C, Li Z, Li Y, Cao D, Wiley A, et al. miR-9 is an essential oncogenic microRNA specifically overexpressed in mixed lineage leukemia-rearranged leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11511-6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate that miR-9 is a critical oncomiR in MLL-rearranged AML and can serve as a potential therapeutic target to treat this dismal disease. ..
- Chen J, Wichterle H. Apoptosis of limb innervating motor neurons and erosion of motor pool identity upon lineage specific dicer inactivation. Front Neurosci. 2012;6:69 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it leads to defects in motor pool identity specification. Thus, our results indicate that miRNAs are an integral part of the genetic program controlling motor neuron survival and acquisition of subtype specific properties. ..
- Xu X, Zong R, Li Z, Biswas M, Fang Z, Nelson D, et al. FXR1P but not FMRP regulates the levels of mammalian brain-specific microRNA-9 and microRNA-124. J Neurosci. 2011;31:13705-9 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal differential roles of FMRP family proteins in controlling the expression levels of brain-specific miRNAs. ..