Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir451
Description: microRNA 451
Alias: Mirn451, mmu-mir-451
- Chapman L, Ture S, Field D, Morrell C. miR-451 limits CD4+ T cell proliferative responses to infection in mice. Immunol Res. 2017;65:828-840 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that miR-451 regulates T cell proliferative responses in part via a Myc-dependent mechanism. ..
- Rosenberger C, Podyminogin R, Navarro G, Zhao G, Askovich P, Weiss M, et al. miR-451 regulates dendritic cell cytokine responses to influenza infection. J Immunol. 2012;189:5965-75 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that viral infection specifically induces a miRNA that directs a negative regulatory cascade to tune DC cytokine production. ..
- Zhuo S, Yang M, Zhao Y, Chen X, Zhang F, Li N, et al. MicroRNA-451 Negatively Regulates Hepatic Glucose Production and Glucose Homeostasis by Targeting Glycerol Kinase-Mediated Gluconeogenesis. Diabetes. 2016;65:3276-3288 pubmed
- Sun Y, Peng R, Peng H, Liu H, Wen L, Wu T, et al. miR-451 suppresses the NF-kappaB-mediated proinflammatory molecules expression through inhibiting LMP7 in diabetic nephropathy. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;433:75-86 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results provide new insights into the regulation of miR-451 via the LMP7/NF-?B central inflammatory pathway during progression of DN. ..
- Castoldi M, Vujic Spasic M, Altamura S, Elmen J, Lindow M, Kiss J, et al. The liver-specific microRNA miR-122 controls systemic iron homeostasis in mice. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:1386-96 pubmed publisher..These data help to explain the increased Hamp mRNA levels and subsequent iron deficiency in mice with reduced miR-122 levels and establish a direct mechanistic link between miR-122 and the regulation of systemic iron metabolism. ..
- Dueck A, Ziegler C, Eichner A, Berezikov E, Meister G. microRNAs associated with the different human Argonaute proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:9850-62 pubmed publisher..However, Ago identity appears to influence the length of some miRNAs, while others remain unaffected. ..
- Li X, Sanda T, Look A, Novina C, von Boehmer H. Repression of tumor suppressor miR-451 is essential for NOTCH1-induced oncogenesis in T-ALL. J Exp Med. 2011;208:663-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-451 and miR-709 function as potent suppressors of oncogenesis in NOTCH1-induced mouse T-ALL, and miR-451 influences MYC expression in human T-ALL bearing NOTCH1 mutations. ..
- Ranjan R, Lee Y, Karpurapu M, Syed M, Chung S, Deng J, et al. p47phox and reactive oxygen species production modulate expression of microRNA-451 in macrophages. Free Radic Res. 2015;49:25-34 pubmed publisher..Of interest, miR-451-deficient BMDM exhibited reduced ROS generation upon zymosan stimulation, compared to WT BMDM. Our studies suggest functional crosstalk between ROS and miR-451 in the regulation of macrophage oxidant stress. ..
- Pan Y, Balazs L, Tigyi G, Yue J. Conditional deletion of Dicer in vascular smooth muscle cells leads to the developmental delay and embryonic mortality. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;408:369-74 pubmed publisher..5. Expression of most miRNAs examined was compromised in VSMCs of Dicer KO. Our results indicate that Dicer is required for vascular development and regulates vascular remodeling by modulating VSMC proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Rasmussen K, O Carroll D. The miR-144/451eGFP allele, a novel tool for resolving the erythroid potential of hematopoietic precursors. Blood. 2011;118:2988-92 pubmed publisher..Using competitive reconstitution experiments in the Ly5 transplant model, we show that eGFP linearly correlates with Ly5 expression. Thus, the miR-144/451(eGFP) allele represents a novel tool for the resolution of erythroid potential. ..
- Li Z, Jia J, Gou J, Zhao X, Yi T. MicroRNA-451 plays a role in murine embryo implantation through targeting Ankrd46, as implicated by a microarray-based analysis. Fertil Steril. 2015;103:834-4.e4 pubmed publisher..miR-451 was specifically up-regulated during the implantation period, and it may play a major role in embryo implantation by targeting Ankrd46. ..
- Zhao E, Keller M, Rabaglia M, Oler A, Stapleton D, Schueler K, et al. Obesity and genetics regulate microRNAs in islets, liver, and adipose of diabetic mice. Mamm Genome. 2009;20:476-85 pubmed publisher..Understanding the influence that obesity and genetics exert on the regulation of miRNA expression will reveal the role miRNAs play in the context of obesity-induced type 2 diabetes. ..
- Hibino N, Best C, Engle A, Ghimbovschi S, Knoblach S, Nath D, et al. Novel Association of miR-451 with the Incidence of TEVG Stenosis in a Murine Model. Tissue Eng Part A. 2016;22:75-82 pubmed publisher..Adequate expression of mir-451 may be critical for improving TEVG patency. ..
- Parsons M, Grimm C, Paya Cano J, Sugden K, Nietfeld W, Lehrach H, et al. Using hippocampal microRNA expression differences between mouse inbred strains to characterise miRNA function. Mamm Genome. 2008;19:552-60 pubmed publisher..This approach has allowed us to nominate miRNAs that have potential roles in anxiety, exploration, and learning and memory. ..
- Lee H, Palkovits M, Young W. miR-7b, a microRNA up-regulated in the hypothalamus after chronic hyperosmolar stimulation, inhibits Fos translation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:15669-74 pubmed..Various pathways have been identified through which Fos family proteins are degraded; our results indicate a significant additional mechanism by which Fos protein and activity may be regulated. ..
- Cui W, Ma J, Wang Y, Biswal S. Plasma miRNA as biomarkers for assessment of total-body radiation exposure dosimetry. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22988 pubmed publisher..Thus, plasma-based biomarkers can be used to assess radiation exposure after mass-casualty incidents, and it may provide a valuable tool in developing and implementing effective countermeasures. ..
- Ansari K, Ogawa D, Rooj A, Lawler S, Krichevsky A, Johnson M, et al. Glucose-based regulation of miR-451/AMPK signaling depends on the OCT1 transcription factor. Cell Rep. 2015;11:902-909 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover miR-451 as a major effector of glucose-regulated AMPK signaling, allowing tumor cell adaptation to variations in nutrient availability in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Liu X, Jin D, McManus M, Mourelatos Z. Precursor microRNA-programmed silencing complex assembly pathways in mammals. Mol Cell. 2012;46:507-17 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide a comprehensive view of miRNP/RISC assembly pathways in mammals, and our assay provides a versatile platform for further mechanistic dissection of such pathways in mammals. ..
- Cheng J, Wu R, Long L, Su J, Liu J, Wu X, et al. miRNA-451a Targets IFN Regulatory Factor 8 for the Progression of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Inflammation. 2017;40:676-687 pubmed publisher..The data indicate the function and a target of miR-451a in SLE, providing a new target for SLE therapy. ..