Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir29b-2
Description: microRNA 29b-2
- Li Z, Hassan M, Jafferji M, Aqeilan R, Garzon R, Croce C, et al. Biological functions of miR-29b contribute to positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15676-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-29b is a key regulator of development of the osteoblast phenotype by targeting anti-osteogenic factors and modulating bone extracellular matrix proteins. ..
- Castoldi M, Vujic Spasic M, Altamura S, Elmen J, Lindow M, Kiss J, et al. The liver-specific microRNA miR-122 controls systemic iron homeostasis in mice. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:1386-96 pubmed publisher..These data help to explain the increased Hamp mRNA levels and subsequent iron deficiency in mice with reduced miR-122 levels and establish a direct mechanistic link between miR-122 and the regulation of systemic iron metabolism. ..
- Yamada Y, Takanashi M, Sudo K, Ueda S, Ohno S, Kuroda M. Novel form of miR-29b suppresses bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171957 pubmed publisher..This novel form of miR-29b may become the foundation for developing an effective therapeutic drug for pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Lee H, Palkovits M, Young W. miR-7b, a microRNA up-regulated in the hypothalamus after chronic hyperosmolar stimulation, inhibits Fos translation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:15669-74 pubmed..Various pathways have been identified through which Fos family proteins are degraded; our results indicate a significant additional mechanism by which Fos protein and activity may be regulated. ..
- Maegdefessel L, Azuma J, Toh R, Merk D, Deng A, Chin J, et al. Inhibition of microRNA-29b reduces murine abdominal aortic aneurysm development. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:497-506 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that therapeutic manipulation of miR-29b and its target genes holds promise for limiting AAA disease progression and protecting from rupture. ..
- Cicchini C, de Nonno V, Battistelli C, Cozzolino A, De Santis Puzzonia M, CiafrÃ¨ S, et al. Epigenetic control of EMT/MET dynamics: HNF4Î± impacts DNMT3s through miRs-29. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1849:919-29 pubmed publisher..HNF4Î± maintains hepatocyte identity by regulating miR-29a and -29b expression, which in turn control epigenetic modifications by limiting DNMT3A and DNMT3B levels. ..
- Wang J, Chu E, Chen H, Man K, Go M, Huang X, et al. microRNA-29b prevents liver fibrosis by attenuating hepatic stellate cell activation and inducing apoptosis through targeting PI3K/AKT pathway. Oncotarget. 2015;6:7325-38 pubmed..In conclusion, miR-29b prevents liver fibrogenesis by inhibiting HSC activation and inducing HSC apoptosis through inhibiting PI3K/AKT pathway. These results provide novel mechanistic insights for the anti-fibrotic effect of miR-29b. ..
- Zhang K, Cai H, Gao S, Yang G, Deng H, Xu G, et al. TNFSF15 suppresses VEGF production in endothelial cells by stimulating miR-29b expression via activation of JNK-GATA3 signals. Oncotarget. 2016;7:69436-69449 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that VEGF gene expression can be suppressed by TNFSF15-stimulated activation of the JNK-GATA3 signaling pathway which gives rise to up-regulation of miR-29b. ..
- Zhou Q, Costinean S, Croce C, Brasier A, Merwat S, Larson S, et al. MicroRNA 29 targets nuclear factor-ÎºB-repressing factor and Claudin 1 to increase intestinal permeability. Gastroenterology. 2015;148:158-169.e8 pubmed publisher..Strategies to block MIR29 might be developed to restore intestinal permeability in patients with IBS-D. ..
- Bhandari A, Gordon W, Dizon D, Hopkin A, Gordon E, Yu Z, et al. The Grainyhead transcription factor Grhl3/Get1 suppresses miR-21 expression and tumorigenesis in skin: modulation of the miR-21 target MSH2 by RNA-binding protein DND1. Oncogene. 2013;32:1497-507 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that decreased Grhl3 expression contributes to tumor progression and upregulation of the oncomir miR-21 in squamous cell carcinoma of the skin. ..
- Ye Y, Hu Z, Lin Y, Zhang C, Perez Polo J. Downregulation of microRNA-29 by antisense inhibitors and a PPAR-gamma agonist protects against myocardial ischaemia-reperfusion injury. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;87:535-44 pubmed publisher..The modulation of miRNAs can be achieved by pharmacological intervention. These findings provide a rationale for the development of miRNA-based strategies for the attenuation of IR injury. ..
- Ugalde A, Ramsay A, de la Rosa J, Varela I, Mariño G, Cadinanos J, et al. Aging and chronic DNA damage response activate a regulatory pathway involving miR-29 and p53. EMBO J. 2011;30:2219-32 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose the existence of a novel regulatory circuitry involving miR-29, Ppm1d and p53, which is activated in aging and in response to DNA damage. ..
- Cushing L, Costinean S, Xu W, Jiang Z, Madden L, Kuang P, et al. Disruption of miR-29 Leads to Aberrant Differentiation of Smooth Muscle Cells Selectively Associated with Distal Lung Vasculature. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005238 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings suggested a vessel specific role of miR-29 in vSMC differentiation and function by targeting several key negative regulators. ..
- Tu J, Ng S, Luk A, Liao J, Jiang X, Feng B, et al. MicroRNA-29b/Tet1 regulatory axis epigenetically modulates mesendoderm differentiation in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:7805-22 pubmed publisher..MiR-29b could potentially be applied to enrich production of mesoderm and endoderm derivatives and be further differentiated into desired organ-specific cells. ..
- Vanden Oever M, Muldoon D, Mathews W, McElmurry R, Tolar J. miR-29 Regulates Type VII Collagen in Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa. J Invest Dermatol. 2016;136:2013-2021 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we identify miR-29 as an important factor in both regulating COL7A1 and inhibiting transforming growth factor-?-mediated fibrosis. ..
- Smith K, Guerau de Arellano M, Costinean S, Williams J, Bottoni A, Mavrikis Cox G, et al. miR-29ab1 deficiency identifies a negative feedback loop controlling Th1 bias that is dysregulated in multiple sclerosis. J Immunol. 2012;189:1567-76 pubmed publisher..miR-29 thus serves as a novel regulator of Th1 differentiation, adding to the understanding of T cell-intrinsic regulatory mechanisms that maintain a balance between protective immunity and autoimmunity. ..
- Montgomery R, Yu G, Latimer P, Stack C, Robinson K, Dalby C, et al. MicroRNA mimicry blocks pulmonary fibrosis. EMBO Mol Med. 2014;6:1347-56 pubmed publisher..Our data support the feasibility of using miRNA mimics to therapeutically increase miRNAs and indicate miR-29 to be a potent therapeutic miRNA for treating pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Polajeva J, Swartling F, Jiang Y, Singh U, Pietras K, Uhrbom L, et al. miRNA-21 is developmentally regulated in mouse brain and is co-expressed with SOX2 in glioma. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:378 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we believe that miR-21 is a mediator of PDGF-driven brain tumors, which suggests miR-21 as a promising target for treatment of glioma. ..
- Lippi G, Steinert J, Marczylo E, D Oro S, Fiore R, Forsythe I, et al. Targeting of the Arpc3 actin nucleation factor by miR-29a/b regulates dendritic spine morphology. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:889-904 pubmed publisher..This work provides evidence that targeting of Arpc3 by miR-29a/b fine tunes structural plasticity by regulating actin network branching in mature and developing spines. ..
- Smirnova L, Gräfe A, Seiler A, Schumacher S, Nitsch R, Wulczyn F. Regulation of miRNA expression during neural cell specification. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1469-77 pubmed..miRNA were strongly induced during neural differentiation of embryonic stem cells, suggesting the validity of the stem cell model for studying miRNA regulation in neural development. ..