Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir29b-1
Description: microRNA 29b-1
Alias: Mirn29b, Mirn29b-1
- Zhu Y, Li Z, Wang Y, Li L, Wang D, Zhang W, et al. Overexpression of miR-29b reduces collagen biosynthesis by inhibiting heat shock protein 47 during skin wound healing. Transl Res. 2016;178:38-53.e6 pubmed publisher..These findings also suggest that therapeutic targeting of miR-29b/HSP47 might be a viable alternative strategy to prevent or reduce scar formation. ..
- Tang Y, He R, An J, Deng P, Huang L, Yang W. The effect of H19-miR-29b interaction on bleomycin-induced mouse model of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;479:417-423 pubmed publisher..The present study provided a potential therapy to treat IPF. ..
- Wang Y, Huang J, Ma Y, Tang G, Liu Y, Chen X, et al. MicroRNA-29b is a therapeutic target in cerebral ischemia associated with aquaporin 4. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2015;35:1977-84 pubmed publisher..05). We concluded that miR-29b could potentially predict stroke outcomes as a novel circulating biomarker, and miR-29b overexpression reduced BBB disruption after ischemic stroke via downregulating AQP-4. ..
- Vasileva A, Tiedau D, Firooznia A, MULLER REICHERT T, Jessberger R. Tdrd6 is required for spermiogenesis, chromatoid body architecture, and regulation of miRNA expression. Curr Biol. 2009;19:630-9 pubmed publisher..However, more than 50 miRNAs are more abundant in Tdrd6(-/-) testes, as are exemplary pre- and pri-miRNAs. We conclude that Tdrd6 is essential for spermiogenesis, for CB structure, and for proper mature and precursor miRNA expression. ..
- Xi J, Wu Y, Li G, Ma L, Feng K, Guo X, et al. Mir-29b Mediates the Neural Tube versus Neural Crest Fate Decision during Embryonic Stem Cell Neural Differentiation. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;9:571-586 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study showed that the Pou3f1-miR-29b-Dnmt3a regulatory axis was active at the initial stage of neural differentiation and regulated the determination of cell fate. ..
- Pandey M, Sultana S, Gupta K. Involvement of epigenetics and microRNA-29b in the urethane induced inception and establishment of mouse lung tumors. Exp Mol Pathol. 2014;96:61-70 pubmed publisher..All these molecular alterations were protected in the presence of IP6. Our results showed that the key steps of epigenetics, DNMTs, mir29b, and HDAC1, are altered both before and after the development of tumors. ..
- WANG X, Hu Z, Klein J, Zhang L, Fang F, Mitch W. Decreased miR-29 suppresses myogenesis in CKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:2068-76 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a potential mechanism for the impaired muscle cell differentiation associated with CKD. ..
- Shin J, Shin Y, Oh S, Yang H, Yu W, Lee J, et al. MiR-29b controls fetal mouse neurogenesis by regulating ICAT-mediated Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1473 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that miR-29b plays a pivotal role in fetal mouse neurogenesis by regulating ICAT-mediated Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling. ..
- Smirnova L, Gräfe A, Seiler A, Schumacher S, Nitsch R, Wulczyn F. Regulation of miRNA expression during neural cell specification. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1469-77 pubmed..miRNA were strongly induced during neural differentiation of embryonic stem cells, suggesting the validity of the stem cell model for studying miRNA regulation in neural development. ..
- Lippi G, Steinert J, Marczylo E, D Oro S, Fiore R, Forsythe I, et al. Targeting of the Arpc3 actin nucleation factor by miR-29a/b regulates dendritic spine morphology. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:889-904 pubmed publisher..This work provides evidence that targeting of Arpc3 by miR-29a/b fine tunes structural plasticity by regulating actin network branching in mature and developing spines. ..
- Mundy Bosse B, Scoville S, Chen L, McConnell K, Mao H, Ahmed E, et al. MicroRNA-29b mediates altered innate immune development in acute leukemia. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:4404-4416 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that leukemic evasion of NK cell surveillance occurs through miR-mediated dysregulation of lymphocyte development, representing an additional mechanism of immune escape in cancer. ..
- Qi Y, Zhang M, Li H, Frank J, Dai L, Liu H, et al. MicroRNA-29b regulates ethanol-induced neuronal apoptosis in the developing cerebellum through SP1/RAX/PKR cascade. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:10201-10 pubmed publisher..More importantly, the expression of miR-29b is developmentally regulated, which may account for, at least partially, the temporal window of ethanol sensitivity in the developing cerebellum. ..
- Wang J, Chu E, Chen H, Man K, Go M, Huang X, et al. microRNA-29b prevents liver fibrosis by attenuating hepatic stellate cell activation and inducing apoptosis through targeting PI3K/AKT pathway. Oncotarget. 2015;6:7325-38 pubmed..In conclusion, miR-29b prevents liver fibrogenesis by inhibiting HSC activation and inducing HSC apoptosis through inhibiting PI3K/AKT pathway. These results provide novel mechanistic insights for the anti-fibrotic effect of miR-29b. ..
- Chen H, Xu X, Tan B, Zhang Z, Zhou X. MicroRNA-29b Inhibits Angiogenesis by Targeting VEGFA through the MAPK/ERK and PI3K/Akt Signaling Pathways in Endometrial Carcinoma. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:933-946 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that miR-29b negatively modulates the MAPK/ERK and PI3K/Akt signaling pathways to inhibit angiogenesis in EC by targeting VEGFA. ..
- Montgomery R, Yu G, Latimer P, Stack C, Robinson K, Dalby C, et al. MicroRNA mimicry blocks pulmonary fibrosis. EMBO Mol Med. 2014;6:1347-56 pubmed publisher..Our data support the feasibility of using miRNA mimics to therapeutically increase miRNAs and indicate miR-29 to be a potent therapeutic miRNA for treating pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Long B, Li N, Xu X, Li X, Xu X, Guo D, et al. Long noncoding RNA FTX regulates cardiomyocyte apoptosis by targeting miR-29b-1-5p and Bcl2l2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:312-318 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel regulatory model which is composed of FTX, miR-29b-1-5p and Bcl2l2. Manipulating of their levels may become a new approach to tackling cardiomyocyte apoptosis related heart diseases. ..
- Polajeva J, Swartling F, Jiang Y, Singh U, Pietras K, Uhrbom L, et al. miRNA-21 is developmentally regulated in mouse brain and is co-expressed with SOX2 in glioma. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:378 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we believe that miR-21 is a mediator of PDGF-driven brain tumors, which suggests miR-21 as a promising target for treatment of glioma. ..
- Khanna S, Rink C, Ghoorkhanian R, Gnyawali S, Heigel M, Wijesinghe D, et al. Loss of miR-29b following acute ischemic stroke contributes to neural cell death and infarct size. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2013;33:1197-206 pubmed publisher..Such loss is contributed by activity of the 12-lipoxygenase pathway providing maiden evidence linking arachidonic acid metabolism to miR-dependent mechanisms in stroke. ..
- Hand N, Horner A, Master Z, Boateng L, Leguen C, Uvaydova M, et al. MicroRNA profiling identifies miR-29 as a regulator of disease-associated pathways in experimental biliary atresia. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2012;54:186-92 pubmed publisher..We have used reporter assays to confirm that Igf1 and Il1RAP are direct targets of miR-29...
- Ramdas V, McBride M, Denby L, Baker A. Canonical transforming growth factor-? signaling regulates disintegrin metalloprotease expression in experimental renal fibrosis via miR-29. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:1885-1896 pubmed publisher..This study shows that Adams are involved in renal fibrosis and are regulated by canonical TGF-? signaling and miR-29. Therefore, both Adams and the miR-29 family represent therapeutic targets for renal fibrosis...
- Tu J, Ng S, Luk A, Liao J, Jiang X, Feng B, et al. MicroRNA-29b/Tet1 regulatory axis epigenetically modulates mesendoderm differentiation in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:7805-22 pubmed publisher..MiR-29b could potentially be applied to enrich production of mesoderm and endoderm derivatives and be further differentiated into desired organ-specific cells. ..
- Zhang K, Cai H, Gao S, Yang G, Deng H, Xu G, et al. TNFSF15 suppresses VEGF production in endothelial cells by stimulating miR-29b expression via activation of JNK-GATA3 signals. Oncotarget. 2016;7:69436-69449 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that VEGF gene expression can be suppressed by TNFSF15-stimulated activation of the JNK-GATA3 signaling pathway which gives rise to up-regulation of miR-29b. ..
- Lochhead R, Ma Y, Zachary J, Baltimore D, Zhao J, Weis J, et al. MicroRNA-146a provides feedback regulation of lyme arthritis but not carditis during infection with Borrelia burgdorferi. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004212 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that miR-146a-mediated regulation of TRAF6 and NF-?B, and downstream targets such as IL-1?, IL-6 and CXCL1, are critical for modulation of Lyme arthritis during chronic infection with B. burgdorferi. ..
- Xu Z, Zhang L, Fei X, Yi X, Li W, Wang Q. The miR-29b-Sirt1 axis regulates self-renewal of mouse embryonic stem cells in response to reactive oxygen species. Cell Signal. 2014;26:1500-5 pubmed publisher..We further found that Sirt1 could attenuate the miR-29b function in regulating mES cells' self-renewal in response to ROS. Our results determined that miR-29b-Sirt1 axis regulates self-renewal of mES cells in response to ROS. ..
- Andl T, Murchison E, Liu F, Zhang Y, Yunta Gonzalez M, Tobias J, et al. The miRNA-processing enzyme dicer is essential for the morphogenesis and maintenance of hair follicles. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1041-9 pubmed..These results reveal critical roles for Dicer in the skin and implicate miRNAs in key aspects of epidermal and hair-follicle development and function. ..
- FrÃ¡guas M, Eggenschwiler R, Hoepfner J, Schiavinato J, Haddad R, Oliveira L, et al. MicroRNA-29 impairs the early phase of reprogramming process by targeting active DNA demethylation enzymes and Wnt signaling. Stem Cell Res. 2017;19:21-30 pubmed publisher..Finally, we report that Gsk3-Î² is a direct target of miR-29 in MEF-cells. Together, our findings contribute to the understanding of the molecular mechanisms by which miR-29 influences reprogramming. ..
- Ye Y, Hu Z, Lin Y, Zhang C, Perez Polo J. Downregulation of microRNA-29 by antisense inhibitors and a PPAR-gamma agonist protects against myocardial ischaemia-reperfusion injury. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;87:535-44 pubmed publisher..The modulation of miRNAs can be achieved by pharmacological intervention. These findings provide a rationale for the development of miRNA-based strategies for the attenuation of IR injury. ..
- Abonnenc M, Nabeebaccus A, Mayr U, Barallobre Barreiro J, Dong X, Cuello F, et al. Extracellular matrix secretion by cardiac fibroblasts: role of microRNA-29b and microRNA-30c. Circ Res. 2013;113:1138-47 pubmed publisher..Our proteomic analysis revealed novel molecular targets of miRNAs that are linked to a fibrogenic cardiac phenotype. Such comprehensive screening methods are essential to define the concerted actions of miRNAs in cardiovascular disease. ..
- Franceschetti T, Kessler C, Lee S, Delany A. miR-29 promotes murine osteoclastogenesis by regulating osteoclast commitment and migration. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:33347-60 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that miR-29 controls the tempo and amplitude of osteoclast differentiation. ..
- Chaturvedi P, Kalani A, Medina I, Familtseva A, Tyagi S. Cardiosome mediated regulation of MMP9 in diabetic heart: role of mir29b and mir455 in exercise. J Cell Mol Med. 2015;19:2153-61 pubmed publisher..Since MMP9 is involved in matrix degradation and leads to fibrosis and myocyte uncoupling, the present study provides a strong evidence how exercise can mitigate these conditions in diabetic patients. ..
- Cushing L, Costinean S, Xu W, Jiang Z, Madden L, Kuang P, et al. Disruption of miR-29 Leads to Aberrant Differentiation of Smooth Muscle Cells Selectively Associated with Distal Lung Vasculature. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005238 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings suggested a vessel specific role of miR-29 in vSMC differentiation and function by targeting several key negative regulators. ..
- Liu X, Zheng X, Zhang R, Guo Y, Wang J. Combinatorial effects of miR-20a and miR-29b on neuronal apoptosis induced by spinal cord injury. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:3811-8 pubmed
- Vanden Oever M, Muldoon D, Mathews W, McElmurry R, Tolar J. miR-29 Regulates Type VII Collagen in Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa. J Invest Dermatol. 2016;136:2013-2021 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we identify miR-29 as an important factor in both regulating COL7A1 and inhibiting transforming growth factor-?-mediated fibrosis. ..
- Bretschneider M, Busch B, Mueller D, Nolze A, Schreier B, Gekle M, et al. Activated mineralocorticoid receptor regulates micro-RNA-29b in vascular smooth muscle cells. FASEB J. 2016;30:1610-22 pubmed publisher..Bretschneider, M., Busch, B., Mueller, D., Nolze, A., Schreier, B., Gekle, M., Grossmann, C. Activated mineralocorticoid receptor regulates micro-RNA-29b in vascular smooth muscle cells. ..
- Li Z, Hassan M, Jafferji M, Aqeilan R, Garzon R, Croce C, et al. Biological functions of miR-29b contribute to positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15676-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-29b is a key regulator of development of the osteoblast phenotype by targeting anti-osteogenic factors and modulating bone extracellular matrix proteins. ..
- Li G, Zhao J, Peng X, Liang J, Deng X, Chen Y. The mechanism involved in the loss of PTEN expression in NSCLC tumor cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;418:547-52 pubmed publisher..miR-29b regulates PTEN gene expression through downregulating Dnmts expression and subsequently induces hypomethylation in PTEN promoter. Targeting therapy could be established in NSCLC by upregulating miR-29b expression. ..
- Wang Y, Zhou T, Wan J, Yang Y, Chen X, Wang J, et al. Comparative transcriptome analysis reveals a regulatory network of microRNA-29b during mouse early embryonic development. Oncotarget. 2016;7:53772-53782 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-29b controls an extensive regulatory network in early mouse embryos, which comprises reprogramming factors and molecular regulators of post-transcriptional modification processes. ..
- Thounaojam M, Kaushik D, Kundu K, Basu A. MicroRNA-29b modulates Japanese encephalitis virus-induced microglia activation by targeting tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced protein 3. J Neurochem. 2014;129:143-54 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study demonstrates involvement of miR-29b in regulating JEV- induced microglial activation. ..
- Smith K, Guerau de Arellano M, Costinean S, Williams J, Bottoni A, Mavrikis Cox G, et al. miR-29ab1 deficiency identifies a negative feedback loop controlling Th1 bias that is dysregulated in multiple sclerosis. J Immunol. 2012;189:1567-76 pubmed publisher..miR-29 thus serves as a novel regulator of Th1 differentiation, adding to the understanding of T cell-intrinsic regulatory mechanisms that maintain a balance between protective immunity and autoimmunity. ..
- Zhou Q, Costinean S, Croce C, Brasier A, Merwat S, Larson S, et al. MicroRNA 29 targets nuclear factor-ÎºB-repressing factor and Claudin 1 to increase intestinal permeability. Gastroenterology. 2015;148:158-169.e8 pubmed publisher..Strategies to block MIR29 might be developed to restore intestinal permeability in patients with IBS-D. ..
- Zhu H, Li Q, Dong L, Zhou Q, Wang H, Wang Y. MicroRNA-29b promotes high-fat diet-stimulated endothelial permeability and apoptosis in apoE knock-out mice by down-regulating MT1 expression. Int J Cardiol. 2014;176:764-70 pubmed publisher..The effect of miR-29b on endothelial permeability and apoptosis is mediated through the down-regulation of MT1. Thus, miR-29b may be a new therapeutic target for atherosclerosis. ..
- Zhang Y, Ghazwani M, Li J, Sun M, Stolz D, He F, et al. MiR-29b inhibits collagen maturation in hepatic stellate cells through down-regulating the expression of HSP47 and lysyl oxidase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:940-4 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that miR-29b is involved in regulating the post-translational processing of ECM and fibril formation. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang X, Wei L, Chung A, Yu C, Lan H. miR-29b as a therapeutic agent for angiotensin II-induced cardiac fibrosis by targeting TGF-?/Smad3 signaling. Mol Ther. 2014;22:974-85 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-29b plays a protective role in AngII-mediated cardiac remodeling and may be a therapeutic agent for cardiac fibrosis by targeting the TGF-?/Smad3 pathway. ..
- Cicchini C, de Nonno V, Battistelli C, Cozzolino A, De Santis Puzzonia M, CiafrÃ¨ S, et al. Epigenetic control of EMT/MET dynamics: HNF4Î± impacts DNMT3s through miRs-29. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1849:919-29 pubmed publisher..HNF4Î± maintains hepatocyte identity by regulating miR-29a and -29b expression, which in turn control epigenetic modifications by limiting DNMT3A and DNMT3B levels. ..
- Xiao L, Rao J, Zou T, Liu L, Cao S, Martindale J, et al. miR-29b represses intestinal mucosal growth by inhibiting translation of cyclin-dependent kinase 2. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3038-46 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-29b inhibits intestinal mucosal growth by repressing CDK2 translation. ..
- Papadopoulou A, Dooley J, Linterman M, Pierson W, Ucar O, Kyewski B, et al. The thymic epithelial microRNA network elevates the threshold for infection-associated thymic involution via miR-29a mediated suppression of the IFN-? receptor. Nat Immunol. 2011;13:181-7 pubmed publisher..In the absence of Dicer or the miR-29a cluster in the thymic epithelium, expression of the IFN-? receptor by the thymic epithelium was higher, which allowed suboptimal signals to trigger rapid loss of thymic cellularity...
- Jagannathan S, Vad N, Vallabhapurapu S, Anderson K, Driscoll J. MiR-29b replacement inhibits proteasomes and disrupts aggresome+autophagosome formation to enhance the antimyeloma benefit of bortezomib. Leukemia. 2015;29:727-38 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study identifies miR-29b replacements as the first-in-class miR-based PIs that also disrupt the autophagy pathway and highlight their potential to synergistically enhance the antimyeloma effect of bortezomib. ..
- Salama A, Fichou N, Allard M, Dubreil L, De Beaurepaire L, Viel A, et al. MicroRNA-29b modulates innate and antigen-specific immune responses in mouse models of autoimmunity. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e106153 pubmed publisher..Hence, microRNA sequences modulate innate and ongoing adaptive immune responses raising the question of their potential role in the breakdown of tolerance and opening up new applications for microRNA-based immune therapy. ..
- Lee H, Palkovits M, Young W. miR-7b, a microRNA up-regulated in the hypothalamus after chronic hyperosmolar stimulation, inhibits Fos translation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:15669-74 pubmed..Various pathways have been identified through which Fos family proteins are degraded; our results indicate a significant additional mechanism by which Fos protein and activity may be regulated. ..
- Chen H, Zhong X, Huang X, Meng X, You Y, Chung A, et al. MicroRNA-29b inhibits diabetic nephropathy in db/db mice. Mol Ther. 2014;22:842-53 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-29b may play a protective role in diabetic kidney disease and may have therapeutic potential for diabetic kidney complication. ..