Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir27a
Description: microRNA 27a
Alias: Mirn27a, mmu-mir-27a
- Ma Y, Yao N, Liu G, Dong L, Liu Y, Zhang M, et al. Functional screen reveals essential roles of miR-27a/24 in differentiation of embryonic stem cells. EMBO J. 2015;34:361-78 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings uncover the essential role of miR-27 and miR-24 in ESC differentiation and also demonstrate novel microRNAs responsible for ESC differentiation. ..
- Fan P, Chen Z, Tian P, Liu W, Jiao Y, Xue Y, et al. miRNA biogenesis enzyme Drosha is required for vascular smooth muscle cell survival. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60888 pubmed publisher..Using bioinformatics approach, the interactions between dysregulated miRNAs and their target genes were analyzed. Our data demonstrated that Drosha is required for VSMC survival by targeting multiple signaling pathways. ..
- Pua H, Steiner D, Patel S, Gonzalez J, Ortiz Carpena J, Kageyama R, et al. MicroRNAs 24 and 27 Suppress Allergic Inflammation and Target a Network of Regulators of T Helper 2 Cell-Associated Cytokine Production. Immunity. 2016;44:821-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, elucidating the biological function and target repertoire of miR-24 and miR-27 reveals regulators of Th2 cell biology. ..
- Liu P, Baumgart M, Groth M, Wittmann J, Jack H, Platzer M, et al. Dicer ablation in osteoblasts by Runx2 driven cre-loxP recombination affects bone integrity, but not glucocorticoid-induced suppression of bone formation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:32112 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Dicer-dependent small RNA biogenesis in osteoblasts plays only a minor role in the pathogenesis of GC-induced inhibition of bone formation. ..
- Bao Y, Chen Z, Guo Y, Feng Y, Li Z, Han W, et al. Tumor suppressor microRNA-27a in colorectal carcinogenesis and progression by targeting SGPP1 and Smad2. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e105991 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-27a could be a useful biomarker for monitoring colorectal cancer development and progression, and also could have a therapeutic potential by targeting SGPP1, Smad2 and STAT3 for colorectal cancer therapy. ..
- Sabirzhanov B, Zhao Z, Stoica B, Loane D, Wu J, Borroto C, et al. Downregulation of miR-23a and miR-27a following experimental traumatic brain injury induces neuronal cell death through activation of proapoptotic Bcl-2 proteins. J Neurosci. 2014;34:10055-71 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that post-traumatic decreases in miR-23a and miR-27a contribute to neuronal cell death after TBI by upregulating proapoptotic Bcl-2 family members, thus providing a novel therapeutic target...
- McFarlane C, Vajjala A, Arigela H, Lokireddy S, Ge X, Bonala S, et al. Negative auto-regulation of myostatin expression is mediated by Smad3 and microRNA-27. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87687 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-27a/b, through negatively regulating Mstn, plays a role in promoting satellite cell activation, myoblast proliferation and preventing muscle wasting. ..
- Park M, Kim J, Park S, Lee S, Kim H, Kim C, et al. MicroRNA-27 promotes the differentiation of odontoblastic cell by targeting APC and activating Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Gene. 2014;538:266-72 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-27 might be considered a critical candidate as an odontoblastic differentiation molecular target for the development of miRNA based therapeutic agents in the dental medicine. ..
- Gong Y, Xu F, Zhang L, Qian Y, Chen J, Huang H, et al. MicroRNA expression signature for Satb2-induced osteogenic differentiation in bone marrow stromal cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;387:227-39 pubmed publisher..In this study, we identified that a number of differentially regulated miRNAs, whose target genes involved in the TGF-?/BMP signaling pathway, play an important role in the early stage of Satb2-induced osteogenic differentiation. ..
- Chen X, Huang Z, Chen D, Yang T, Liu G. Role of microRNA-27a in myoblast differentiation. Cell Biol Int. 2014;38:266-71 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of miR-27a increased the number of myosin heavy chain (MHC)-positive cells and upregulated mRNA and protein of MyoD and myogenin. These findings indicate that miR-27a plays a role in enhancing myoblast differentiation. ..
- Cheng Y, Kuang W, Hao Y, Zhang D, Lei M, Du L, et al. Downregulation of miR-27a* and miR-532-5p and upregulation of miR-146a and miR-155 in LPS-induced RAW264.7 macrophage cells. Inflammation. 2012;35:1308-13 pubmed publisher..Our findings may provide the basic information for the precise roles of miRNAs in the macrophage inflammatory response to LPS stimulation in the future. ..
- Bates D, Li N, Liang R, Sarojini H, An J, Masternak M, et al. MicroRNA regulation in Ames dwarf mouse liver may contribute to delayed aging. Aging Cell. 2010;9:1-18 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, compared to its normal siblings, the dwarf mouse exhibits a head start in regulating these pathways to control their normality, which may ultimately contribute to its extended health-span and longevity. ..
- Yao F, Yu Y, Feng L, Li J, Zhang M, Lan X, et al. Adipogenic miR-27a in adipose tissue upregulates macrophage activation via inhibiting PPAR? of insulin resistance induced by high-fat diet-associated obesity. Exp Cell Res. 2017;355:105-112 pubmed publisher..These indicate that miR-27a gives the novel target of intervention for inflammation and insulin resistance in obesity. ..
- Lozano Velasco E, Contreras A, Crist C, Hernández Torres F, Franco D, Aranega A. Pitx2c modulates Pax3+/Pax7+ cell populations and regulates Pax3 expression by repressing miR27 expression during myogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;357:165-78 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study sheds light on previously unknown function of Pitx2c balancing the different myogenic progenitor populations during myogenesis. ..
- Liu X, Jin D, McManus M, Mourelatos Z. Precursor microRNA-programmed silencing complex assembly pathways in mammals. Mol Cell. 2012;46:507-17 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide a comprehensive view of miRNP/RISC assembly pathways in mammals, and our assay provides a versatile platform for further mechanistic dissection of such pathways in mammals. ..
- Xie N, Cui H, Banerjee S, Tan Z, Salomao R, Fu M, et al. miR-27a regulates inflammatory response of macrophages by targeting IL-10. J Immunol. 2014;193:327-334 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study identified miR-27a downregulation as a negative-regulatory mechanism that prevents overly exuberant TLR2- and TLR4-driven inflammatory responses. ..
- Wang F, Zhu Y, Guo L, Dong L, Liu H, Yin H, et al. A regulatory circuit comprising GATA1/2 switch and microRNA-27a/24 promotes erythropoiesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:442-57 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data integrated micro RNA expression and function into GATA factor coordinated networks and provided mechanistic insight into a regulatory circuit that comprised GATA1/2 switch and miR-27a/24 in erythropoiesis...
- Ma S, Liu M, Xu Z, Li Y, Guo H, Ge Y, et al. A double feedback loop mediated by microRNA-23a/27a/24-2 regulates M1 versus M2 macrophage polarization and thus regulates cancer progression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:13502-19 pubmed publisher..Moreover, miR-23a/27a/24-2 regulates the polarization of tumor-associated macrophages and thus promotes cancer progression. ..
- Libri V, Helwak A, Miesen P, Santhakumar D, Borger J, Kudla G, et al. Murine cytomegalovirus encodes a miR-27 inhibitor disguised as a target. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:279-84 pubmed publisher..This virus-host interaction reveals a mode of miRNA regulation in which a mRNA directs the degradation of a miRNA. We speculate that RNA-mediated miRNA degradation could be a more general viral strategy for manipulating host cells. ..
- Nishi H, Ono K, Horie T, Nagao K, Kinoshita M, Kuwabara Y, et al. MicroRNA-27a regulates beta cardiac myosin heavy chain gene expression by targeting thyroid hormone receptor beta1 in neonatal rat ventricular myocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:744-55 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that miR-27a regulates ?-MHC gene expression by targeting TR?1 in cardiomyocytes. ..
- Chen Q, Xu J, Li L, Li H, Mao S, Zhang F, et al. MicroRNA-23a/b and microRNA-27a/b suppress Apaf-1 protein and alleviate hypoxia-induced neuronal apoptosis. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1132 pubmed publisher..Our findings may also have implications for the potential target role of microRNAs in the treatment of neuronal apoptosis-related diseases. ..
- Wang B, Zhang C, Zhang A, Cai H, Price S, WANG X. MicroRNA-23a and MicroRNA-27a Mimic Exercise by Ameliorating CKD-Induced Muscle Atrophy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2631-2640 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights about the roles of the miR-23a/27a-24-2 cluster in CKD-induced muscle atrophy in mice and suggest a mechanism by which exercise helps to maintain muscle mass. ..
- Wang Y, Lin C, He Y, Li A, Ni W, Sun S, et al. Mir-27a promotes apoptosis of cochlear sensory epithelium in Cx26 knockout mice. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2016;21:364-73 pubmed..Thus, mir-27a was identified as an apoptotic molecule that participates in Cx26 knockout-induced apoptosis in the cochlear sensory epithelium of mice by downregulating sgk1 expression. ..
- Gong Y, Lu J, Yu X, Yu Y. Expression of Sp7 in Satb2-induced osteogenic differentiation of mouse bone marrow stromal cells is regulated by microRNA-27a. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;417:7-16 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that expression of Sp7 during the early stage of Satb2-induced osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs is regulated by miR-27a. ..
- Hennessy E, Clynes M, Jeppesen P, O Driscoll L. Identification of microRNAs with a role in glucose stimulated insulin secretion by expression profiling of MIN6 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:457-62 pubmed publisher..In this study, we have also identified 21 miRNAs not previously known to have a potential murine homologue. ..
- Liu X, Edinger R, Klemens C, Phua Y, Bodnar A, LaFramboise W, et al. A MicroRNA Cluster miR-23-24-27 Is Upregulated by Aldosterone in the Distal Kidney Nephron Where it Alters Sodium Transport. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:1306-1317 pubmed publisher..These findings reinforce a role for miRs in aldosterone regulation of Na+ transport, and implicate miR-27 in aldosterone's action via a novel target. J. Cell. Physiol. 232: 1306-1317, 2017. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Bouvy Liivrand M, Heinaniemi M, John E, Schneider J, Sauter T, Sinkkonen L. Combinatorial regulation of lipoprotein lipase by microRNAs during mouse adipogenesis. RNA Biol. 2014;11:76-91 pubmed publisher..The obtained results might offer an explanation to the dysregulation of LPL in diabetic conditions and could be extended to quantitative modeling of regulation of other metabolic genes under similar regulatory network motifs. ..