Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir26b
Description: microRNA 26b
Alias: Mirn26b, mmu-mir-26b
- Zhu Y, Lu Y, Zhang Q, Liu J, Li T, Yang J, et al. MicroRNA-26a/b and their host genes cooperate to inhibit the G1/S transition by activating the pRb protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4615-25 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the functional association of miR-26a/b and their host genes and provide new insight into the regulatory network of the G1/S-phase transition. ..
- Sowa N, Horie T, Kuwabara Y, Baba O, Watanabe S, Nishi H, et al. MicroRNA 26b encoded by the intron of small CTD phosphatase (SCP) 1 has an antagonistic effect on its host gene. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:3455-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SCP1 itself has the potential to induce cardiac hypertrophy; however, the effect is suppressed by intronic miR-26b in cardiomyocytes. miR-26b has an antagonistic effect on its host gene SCP1. ..
- Li G, Ning C, Ma Y, Jin L, Tang Q, Li X, et al. miR-26b Promotes 3T3-L1 Adipocyte Differentiation Through Targeting PTEN. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:672-681 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that miR-26b might participate in regulating adipogenic differentiation in 3T3-L1 cells by inhibiting the PTEN expression, further highlighting the importance of miRNA in adipogenesis. ..
- Wang D, Liu C, Wang Y, Wang W, Wang K, Wu X, et al. Impact of miR-26b on cardiomyocyte differentiation in P19 cells through regulating canonical/non-canonical Wnt signalling. Cell Prolif. 2017;50: pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that miR-26b exerts a role on promoting cardiomyocyte differentiation of P19 cells by controlling the canonical and non-canonical Wnt signalling. ..
- Etich J, Holzer T, Pitzler L, Bluhm B, Brachvogel B. MiR-26a modulates extracellular matrix homeostasis in cartilage. Matrix Biol. 2015;43:27-34 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-26a suppresses hypertrophic and ECM adaptor protein production. Dysregulation of miR-26a expression could contribute to ECM changes in cartilage diseases and this miRNA may therefore act as a therapeutic target. ..
- Chen X, Xiao W, Chen W, Liu X, Wu M, Bo Q, et al. MicroRNA-26a and -26b inhibit lens fibrosis and cataract by negatively regulating Jagged-1/Notch signaling pathway. Cell Death Differ. 2017;24:1431-1442 pubmed publisher..Given the general involvement of EMT in most fibrotic diseases, cancer metastasis and recurrence, miR-26 family and Notch pathway may have therapeutic uses in treating fibrotic diseases and cancers. ..