Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir26a-1
Description: microRNA 26a-1
Alias: Mirn26a, Mirn26a-1, miR-26a
- Wong C, Tellam R. MicroRNA-26a targets the histone methyltransferase Enhancer of Zeste homolog 2 during myogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9836-43 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a model of regulation during myogenesis whereby the up-regulation of miR-26a acts to post-transcriptionally repress Ezh2, a known suppressor of skeletal muscle cell differentiation. ..
- Li S, Hu C, Li J, Liu L, Jing W, Tang W, et al. Effect of miR-26a-5p on the Wnt/Ca(2+) Pathway and Osteogenic Differentiation of Mouse Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Calcif Tissue Int. 2016;99:174-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that up-regulation of miR-26a-5p inhibits osteogenic differentiation of mADSCs by directly targeting the 3'UTR of Wnt5a, thereby down-regulating the Wnt/Ca(2+) signaling pathway. ..
- Yao L, Lv X, Wang X. MicroRNA 26a inhibits HMGB1 expression and attenuates cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Pharmacol Sci. 2016;131:6-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Mir-26a plays a protective role in cardiomyocyte IR injury and this is associated with inhibited HMGB1 expression. ..
- Xie F, Chai J, Zhang Z, Hu Q, Ma T. MicroRNA 26a prolongs skin allograft survival and promotes regulatory T cell expansion in mice. Transpl Int. 2015;28:1143-51 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Mir-26a prolongs skin allograft survival and promotes Tregs expansion in part through inhibition of IL-6 expression. ..
- He Q, Li F, Li J, Li R, Zhan G, Li G, et al. MicroRNA-26a-interleukin (IL)-6-IL-17 axis regulates the development of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in a murine model. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;187:174-184 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the Mir-26a-IL-6-IL-17 axis regulates the development of NAFLD in a murine model. ..
- Smirnova L, Gräfe A, Seiler A, Schumacher S, Nitsch R, Wulczyn F. Regulation of miRNA expression during neural cell specification. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1469-77 pubmed..miRNA were strongly induced during neural differentiation of embryonic stem cells, suggesting the validity of the stem cell model for studying miRNA regulation in neural development. ..
- Kim K, Kim J, Kim I, Lee J, Seong S, Park Y, et al. MicroRNA-26a regulates RANKL-induced osteoclast formation. Mol Cells. 2015;38:75-80 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that miR-26a modulates osteoclast formation and function through the regulation of CTGF. ..
- Liang S, Wang W, Gou X. MicroRNA 26a modulates regulatory T cells expansion and attenuates renal ischemia-reperfusion injury. Mol Immunol. 2015;65:321-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate an important role for Mir-26a in promoting tregs expansion in renal IRI that involving repression of IL-6 expression. ..
- Gu Q, Yu D, Hu Z, Liu X, Yang Y, Luo Y, et al. miR-26a and miR-384-5p are required for LTP maintenance and spine enlargement. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6789 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a novel miRNA-mediated mechanism for gene-specific regulation of translation in LTP, identifies two miRNAs required for long-lasting synaptic and spine plasticity and presents a catalogue of candidate 'LTP miRNAs'. ..
- Chen X, Xu H, Ding L, Lou G, Liu Y, Yao Y, et al. Identification of miR-26a as a target gene of bile acid receptor GPBAR-1/TGR5. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131294 pubmed publisher..These results unravel a new mechanism by which bile acid receptor TGR5 activates a miRNA gene expression. ..
- Liang H, Xu C, Pan Z, Zhang Y, Xu Z, Chen Y, et al. The antifibrotic effects and mechanisms of microRNA-26a action in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Mol Ther. 2014;22:1122-1133 pubmed publisher..The current study also uncovered a novel positive feedback loop between miR-26a and p-Smad3, which is involved in pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Hu S, Ren G, Liu J, Zhao Z, Yu Y, Su R, et al. MicroRNA expression and regulation in mouse uterus during embryo implantation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23473-84 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we showed that Reck was the target gene of miR-21. Our data suggest that miR-21 may play a key role during embryo implantation. ..
- Chen X, Xiao W, Chen W, Liu X, Wu M, Bo Q, et al. MicroRNA-26a and -26b inhibit lens fibrosis and cataract by negatively regulating Jagged-1/Notch signaling pathway. Cell Death Differ. 2017;24:1431-1442 pubmed publisher..Given the general involvement of EMT in most fibrotic diseases, cancer metastasis and recurrence, miR-26 family and Notch pathway may have therapeutic uses in treating fibrotic diseases and cancers. ..
- Sahu S, Kumar M, Chakraborty S, Banerjee S, Kumar R, Gupta P, et al. MicroRNA 26a (miR-26a)/KLF4 and CREB-C/EBP? regulate innate immune signaling, the polarization of macrophages and the trafficking of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to lysosomes during infection. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006410 pubmed publisher..These studies expand our understanding of how Mtb hijacks host signaling pathways to survive in macrophages, and open up new exploratory avenues for host-targeted interventions. ..
- Zhang Y, Qin W, Zhang L, Wu X, Du N, Hu Y, et al. MicroRNA-26a prevents endothelial cell apoptosis by directly targeting TRPC6 in the setting of atherosclerosis. Sci Rep. 2015;5:9401 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study reveals a novel role of miR-26a in endothelial apoptosis and indicates a therapeutic potential of miR-26a for atherosclerosis associated with apoptotic cell death. ..
- Jones M, Quinton L, Blahna M, Neilson J, Fu S, Ivanov A, et al. Zcchc11-dependent uridylation of microRNA directs cytokine expression. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:1157-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, Zcchc11 fine tunes IL-6 production by uridylating miR-26a, which we propose is an enzymatic modification of the terminal nucleotide sequence of mature miRNA as a means to regulate gene expression. ..
- Luo X, Pan Z, Shan H, Xiao J, Sun X, Wang N, et al. MicroRNA-26 governs profibrillatory inward-rectifier potassium current changes in atrial fibrillation. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:1939-51 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-26 controls the expression of KCNJ2 and suggest that this downregulation may promote AF...
- Sun D, Zhang J, Xie J, Wei W, Chen M, Zhao X. MiR-26 controls LXR-dependent cholesterol efflux by targeting ABCA1 and ARL7. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1472-9 pubmed publisher..These findings have not only figured out an alternative mechanism for LXR regulation, but also provided a potential therapeutic target for cholesterol metabolic disorders...
- Kumar A, Bhatia H, de Oliveira A, Fiebich B. microRNA-26a modulates inflammatory response induced by toll-like receptor 4 stimulation in microglia. J Neurochem. 2015;135:1189-202 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, miR-26a also increases the production of tumor necrosis factor Î± (TNFÎ±) by a mechanism independent of ATF2. ..
- Su X, Liao L, Shuai Y, Jing H, Liu S, Zhou H, et al. MiR-26a functions oppositely in osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs and ADSCs depending on distinct activation and roles of Wnt and BMP signaling pathway. Cell Death Dis. 2015;6:e1851 pubmed publisher..The distinct transcriptional regulation and post-transcriptional regulation network suggested the intrinsic molecular differences between tissue-specific MSCs and the complexity in MSC research and MSC-based cell therapy. ..
- Zhu Y, Lu Y, Zhang Q, Liu J, Li T, Yang J, et al. MicroRNA-26a/b and their host genes cooperate to inhibit the G1/S transition by activating the pRb protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4615-25 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the functional association of miR-26a/b and their host genes and provide new insight into the regulatory network of the G1/S-phase transition. ..
- Song Y, Jin D, Jiang X, Lv C, Zhu H. Overexpression of microRNA-26a protects against deficient ?-cell function via targeting phosphatase with tensin homology in mouse models of type 2 diabetes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:1312-1316 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data indicated that miR-26a potentially contributes to the ?-cell dysfunction in T2DM, and miR-26a may be a new therapeutic strategy against T2DM. ..
- Zhou J, Ju W, Yuan X, Zhu X, Wang D, He X. miR-26a regulates mouse hepatocyte proliferation via directly targeting the 3' untranslated region of CCND2 and CCNE2. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2016;15:65-72 pubmed..Our data suggested that miR-26a may be a promising regulator in liver regeneration. ..
- Li Y, Fan L, Hu J, Zhang L, Liao L, Liu S, et al. MiR-26a Rescues Bone Regeneration Deficiency of Mesenchymal Stem Cells Derived From Osteoporotic Mice. Mol Ther. 2015;23:1349-1357 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that miR-26a may be a promising therapeutic candidate to enhance bone formation in treatment of osteoporosis and to promote bone regeneration in osteoporotic fracture healing. ..
- Zhang R, Tian A, Wang J, Shen X, Qi G, Tang Y. miR26a modulates Th17/T reg balance in the EAE model of multiple sclerosis by targeting IL6. Neuromolecular Med. 2015;17:24-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate an important role for miR26a in maintaining the Th17 and Treg cell balance in MS that involves repression of IL6 expression. ..
- Jiang J, Liu C, Zhang B, Wang X, Zhang M, Saijilafu -, et al. MicroRNA-26a supports mammalian axon regeneration in vivo by suppressing GSK3Î² expression. Cell Death Dis. 2015;6:e1865 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we provide the first evidence that, in addition to inhibition of GSK3Î² kinase activity, maintaining a lower protein level of GSK3Î² in neurons by the microRNA is necessary for efficient axon regeneration. ..
- Fu X, Dong B, Tian Y, Lefebvre P, Meng Z, Wang X, et al. MicroRNA-26a regulates insulin sensitivity and metabolism of glucose and lipids. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:2497-509 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal miR-26a as a regulator of liver metabolism and suggest miR-26a should be further explored as a potential target for the treatment of T2D. ..
- Cui C, Xu G, Qiu J, Fan X. Up-regulation of miR-26a promotes neurite outgrowth and ameliorates apoptosis by inhibiting PTEN in bupivacaine injured mouse dorsal root ganglia. Cell Biol Int. 2015;39:933-42 pubmed publisher..Up-regulating miR-26a to suppress PTEN signaling pathway may be an effective method to protect local anesthetic-induced nerve injury in spinal cord. ..
- Etich J, Holzer T, Pitzler L, Bluhm B, Brachvogel B. MiR-26a modulates extracellular matrix homeostasis in cartilage. Matrix Biol. 2015;43:27-34 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-26a suppresses hypertrophic and ECM adaptor protein production. Dysregulation of miR-26a expression could contribute to ECM changes in cartilage diseases and this miRNA may therefore act as a therapeutic target. ..
- Yang C, Zheng S, Liu T, Liu Q, Dai F, Zhou J, et al. Down-regulated miR-26a promotes proliferation, migration, and invasion via negative regulation of MTDH in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. FASEB J. 2017;31:2114-2122 pubmed publisher..Zheng, S., Liu, T., Liu, Q., Dai, F., Zhou, J., Chen, Y., Sheyhidin, I., Lu, X. Down-regulated miR-26a promotes proliferation, migration, and invasion via negative regulation of MTDH in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. ..
- Zeitels L, Acharya A, Shi G, Chivukula D, Chivukula R, Anandam J, et al. Tumor suppression by miR-26 overrides potential oncogenic activity in intestinal tumorigenesis. Genes Dev. 2014;28:2585-90 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal a tumor suppressor role for miR-26 in intestinal cancer that overrides putative oncogenic activity, highlighting the therapeutic potential of miR-26 delivery to this tumor type. ..
- Ichii O, Otsuka Kanazawa S, Horino T, Kimura J, Nakamura T, Matsumoto M, et al. Decreased miR-26a expression correlates with the progression of podocyte injury in autoimmune glomerulonephritis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e110383 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that miR-26a regulates podocyte differentiation and cytoskeletal integrity, and its altered levels in glomerulus and urine may serve as a marker of injured podocytes in autoimmune glomerulonephritis. ..
- Koga K, Yokoi H, Mori K, Kasahara M, Kuwabara T, Imamaki H, et al. MicroRNA-26a inhibits TGF-Î²-induced extracellular matrix protein expression in podocytes by targeting CTGF and is downregulated in diabetic nephropathy. Diabetologia. 2015;58:2169-80 pubmed publisher..The downregulation of miR-26a is involved in the progression of diabetic nephropathy both in humans and in mice through enhanced TGF-Î²/CTGF signalling. ..
- Liang H, Liu S, Chen Y, Bai X, Liu L, Dong Y, et al. miR-26a suppresses EMT by disrupting the Lin28B/let-7d axis: potential cross-talks among miRNAs in IPF. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:655-65 pubmed publisher..Lin28B is one of the targets of microRNA-26a. miR-26a enhances the expression of let-7d via targeting regulation of Lin28B. A regulatory network among miRNAs involved in the progression of IPF. ..
- Kwon Y, Kim Y, Eom S, Kim M, Park D, Kim H, et al. MicroRNA-26a/-26b-COX-2-MIP-2 Loop Regulates Allergic Inflammation and Allergic Inflammation-promoted Enhanced Tumorigenic and Metastatic Potential of Cancer Cells. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:14245-66 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that the miR26a/-26b-COX-2-MIP-2 loop regulates allergic inflammation and the feedback relationship between allergic inflammation and the enhanced tumorigenic and metastatic potential. ..