Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mir24-2
Description: microRNA 24-2
- Li R, Tao J, Guo Y, Wu H, Liu R, Bai Y, et al. In vivo suppression of microRNA-24 prevents the transition toward decompensated hypertrophy in aortic-constricted mice. Circ Res. 2013;112:601-5 pubmed publisher..MiR-24 suppression prevented the transition from compensated hypertrophy to decompensated hypertrophy, providing a potential strategy for early treatment against heart failure. ..
- Otsuka M, Jing Q, Georgel P, New L, Chen J, Mols J, et al. Hypersusceptibility to vesicular stomatitis virus infection in Dicer1-deficient mice is due to impaired miR24 and miR93 expression. Immunity. 2007;27:123-34 pubmed..Our data suggest that host miRNA can play a role in host interactions with viruses. ..
- Amelio I, Lena A, Viticchiè G, Shalom Feuerstein R, Terrinoni A, Dinsdale D, et al. miR-24 triggers epidermal differentiation by controlling actin adhesion and cell migration. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:347-63 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a new regulatory pathway involving a differentiation-promoting microribonucleic acid that regulates actin adhesion dynamics in human and mouse epidermis...
- Cho S, Wu C, Nguyen D, Lin L, Chen M, Khan A, et al. A Novel miR-24-TCF1 Axis in Modulating Effector T Cell Responses. J Immunol. 2017;198:3919-3926 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate a novel miR-24-TCF1 pathway in controlling effector cytokine production by T cells and further suggest miR-24 could function as a key upstream molecule regulating TCF1-mediated immune responses. ..
- Chan M, Hilyard A, Wu C, Davis B, Hill N, Lal A, et al. Molecular basis for antagonism between PDGF and the TGFbeta family of signalling pathways by control of miR-24 expression. EMBO J. 2010;29:559-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study provides a molecular basis for the antagonism between the PDGF and TGFbeta pathways, and its effect on the control of the vSMC phenotype. ..
- Zhu Y, You W, Wang H, Li Y, Qiao N, Shi Y, et al. MicroRNA-24/MODY gene regulatory pathway mediates pancreatic ?-cell dysfunction. Diabetes. 2013;62:3194-206 pubmed publisher..Our findings functionally link the miR-24/MODY gene regulatory pathway to the onset of type 2 diabetes and create a novel network between nutrient overload and genetic diabetes via miR-24. ..
- Jevnaker A, Osmundsen H. MicroRNA expression profiling of the developing murine molar tooth germ and the developing murine submandibular salivary gland. Arch Oral Biol. 2008;53:629-45 pubmed publisher..g., epithelical cell proliferation, mesodermal cell fate determination and salivary gland morphogenesis...
- Du W, Fang L, Li M, Yang X, Liang Y, Peng C, et al. MicroRNA miR-24 enhances tumor invasion and metastasis by targeting PTPN9 and PTPRF to promote EGF signaling. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1440-53 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-24 plays a key role in breast cancer invasion and metastasis. miR-24 could potentially be a target for cancer intervention. ..
- Chen Q, Xu J, Li L, Li H, Mao S, Zhang F, et al. MicroRNA-23a/b and microRNA-27a/b suppress Apaf-1 protein and alleviate hypoxia-induced neuronal apoptosis. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1132 pubmed publisher..Our findings may also have implications for the potential target role of microRNAs in the treatment of neuronal apoptosis-related diseases. ..
- Ma Y, Yao N, Liu G, Dong L, Liu Y, Zhang M, et al. Functional screen reveals essential roles of miR-27a/24 in differentiation of embryonic stem cells. EMBO J. 2015;34:361-78 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings uncover the essential role of miR-27 and miR-24 in ESC differentiation and also demonstrate novel microRNAs responsible for ESC differentiation. ..
- Thomson J, Newman M, Parker J, Morin Kensicki E, Wright T, Hammond S. Extensive post-transcriptional regulation of microRNAs and its implications for cancer. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2202-7 pubmed..These data uncover a novel regulatory step in miRNA function and provide a mechanism for miRNA down-regulation in cancer. ..
- Kang M, Yan L, Li Y, Zhang W, Wang H, Tang A, et al. Inhibitory effect of microRNA-24 on fatty acid-binding protein expression on 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiation. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:5267-77 pubmed publisher..The mechanism involved may be the upregulation of AP-1. ..
- Ro S, Park C, Young D, Sanders K, Yan W. Tissue-dependent paired expression of miRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:5944-53 pubmed
- Repetto E, Briata P, Kuziner N, Harfe B, McManus M, Gherzi R, et al. Let-7b/c enhance the stability of a tissue-specific mRNA during mammalian organogenesis as part of a feedback loop involving KSRP. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002823 pubmed publisher..Our study unveils a functional crosstalk between miRNA- and AMD-dependent gene regulation during mammalian organogenesis events. ..
- Zhou Q, Gallagher R, Ufret Vincenty R, Li X, Olson E, Wang S. Regulation of angiogenesis and choroidal neovascularization by members of microRNA-23~27~24 clusters. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:8287-92 pubmed publisher..Manipulating miR-23/27 levels may have important therapeutic implications in neovascular age-related macular degeneration and other vascular disorders. ..
- Ma S, Liu M, Xu Z, Li Y, Guo H, Ge Y, et al. A double feedback loop mediated by microRNA-23a/27a/24-2 regulates M1 versus M2 macrophage polarization and thus regulates cancer progression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:13502-19 pubmed publisher..Moreover, miR-23a/27a/24-2 regulates the polarization of tumor-associated macrophages and thus promotes cancer progression. ..